Exit Hatches Need To Open Quicker

I'm ready for the spicy comments on this one. <3

But it is my honest opinion that the exit hatch needs to open more quickly. If a survivor is 3rd hook and instant dies the hatch still takes so long to open. I just had a very, very long and well played game on the PS4. Honestly there were very little mistakes made by either side. Great chases, some of the most fun I've had as a Survivor in a long time, and the Killer was great at applying pressure.

I solo'd 2 gens by myself and despite each team member being hooked 3 times I had yet to be hooked once. I did 3 safe hook saves. I took the Killer on one chase that lasted almost two minutes, another that was over 45 seconds, it was just clever mind games around walls.

Unfortunately we had 1 gen left and the Survivors were whittled down. We got chased off of our gen, Killer chose the teammate, she was third hook. I stood on the Exit Hatch and waited... And waited... And waited... Killer had time to cross the entire map (Demogorgon) and RIGHT as it opened he had hit me a second time. Between hit 1 and hit 2 I merely pointed at him because what else could I do? Unfortunately, this Killer apparently didn't think that great chases and not having been hooked once AND having found the Exit Hatch AND reached it before him and just waiting patiently for the like 10 seconds to be over with merited any sympathy.

The Killer did nothing wrong here. He played a great game and he didn't owe me an escape. I'm not mad at the Killer, merely frustrated that even after playing a great game it comes down to losing because of a dreadfully, painfully long animation.

It's frankly unfair to Survivors that we have to wait for a long animation to play and then still wait another 2-3 seconds after it's done for the hatch to open. Also if Killer and Survivor hit jump/close at the same time it gives Killer preference it seems. Why even bother having the hatch escape? If the Killer knows where it is then you're not going to get it, you're going to just stand there. This is far, far from the first time this has happened as well. I think the fact that I had played such a long game plus not been hooked is what has taken me to the forums.

What do you think, Survivors and Killers? Whether agree or disagree, let's not turn this into bashing on either side. Let's be respectful to one another, to the devs, to the game. Happy gaming, all! <3

(English is not my first language, sorry if things are said strangely or very rambly, I over explain to make sure I am being clear. 🤣)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @USELESS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1249170#Comment_1249170

    They already speeded up it literally in this new update, and also when the survivor is on his last hook, it only takes it as he is dead when you receive the sacrifice points. With other words they still alive

    Can you quote where in the patch notes it says that the time for the hatch to open as sped up? I just checked the most recent patch notes to be sure and saw nothing related to the hatch at all.


    @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251753#Comment_1251753

    I just have more memorable moments of "teammates" that i wish karma had struck them down than moments where hatch killer bias murdered me. I actually have a few times where I just hopped through the hatch even as the killer closed it/after it closed (maybe that was a bug but I blame dedicated servers). There are situations where I understand why the other survivors don't rescue me. I'm not talking about those.

    Oh goodness, that is unfortunate! I hope that you get some better cohesion with teammates in the future! As for jumping through a closed hatch that definitely is a bug, was that recent? I remember last year seeing something wonky similarly but that was a long time ago and many, many patches ago.

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251770#Comment_1251770

    Can you quote where in the patch notes it says that the time for the hatch to open as sped up? I just checked the most recent patch notes to be sure and saw nothing related to the hatch at all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251794#Comment_1251794

    Oh goodness, that is unfortunate! I hope that you get some better cohesion with teammates in the future! As for jumping through a closed hatch that definitely is a bug, was that recent? I remember last year seeing something wonky similarly but that was a long time ago and many, many patches ago.

    In this new update the hatch opens in the same time that are only 1 remaining survivor. Before this it used to take a little bit more, I think it was a second more

  • @Jordan_131201 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251838#Comment_1251838

    I play both sides, and I say that the hatch is completely comfortable where it is. Whoever closes it first, wins. If you're survivor and you lose, sorry but you can't escape every game. And same vice versa. If you're killer and they escape. So what? 4k isn't a necessity. It's nothing to do with RNG, just plain and simple, whoever clicks it faster, or whoever doesn't get f'ed over by the other player, wins

    Thank you for sharing your opinion! I genuinely wanted to know how other people felt about the current hatch time. 😀 It's always nice when people disagree and are respectful so it's very appreciated. I play both sides as well and definitely still believe that the reduced map size alone is merit enough to rethink the hatch time (I play both sides as well, also with Survivor escape rates statistically dropped to where they have been for awhile I hardly remember what an escaped status looks like LOL). But that is just me! :)

  • @USELESS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251852#Comment_1251852

    In this new update the hatch opens in the same time that are only 1 remaining survivor. Before this it used to take a little bit more, I think it was a second more

    Can you quote the change note, please? :) I'd like to know the specifics and I can't find it.

  • Egc is the one that needs to finish faster if anything, it's really damn annoying having to wait until everyone decides to leave the map, you as the killer have to kick them out, that doesn't make sense to me

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Egc is the one that needs to finish faster if anything, it's really damn annoying having to wait until everyone decides to leave the map, you as the killer have to kick them out, that doesn't make sense to me

    While that's off topic I do thank you for sharing your opinion. And I actually agree. I think that there should be a 'surrender/bleed out' button for both Killer and Survivor that can only be triggered during EGC. It ends the game but does not wipe BP like a DC would.

    • Killers could choose to just end the game during EGC as if all living Survivors had escaped. This could not be triggered while anyone was hooked, of course.
    • Survivors could choose to end the game during EGC if they were the last Survivor on the map and were downed. This would stop people from having to be tea bagged by Ghost face or just slugged by a rude Killer for 2 minutes.
  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Egc is the one that needs to finish faster if anything, it's really damn annoying having to wait until everyone decides to leave the map, you as the killer have to kick them out, that doesn't make sense to me

    Nah fam, EGC is too short for last survivor on the map. So it definitely doesn't need to be faster. You can wait.

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251857#Comment_1251857

    Can you quote the change note, please? :) I'd like to know the specifics and I can't find it.

    Yeah I didn't found it, it seems not being mentioned on the patch notes but there is a time difference between before and now

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251848#Comment_1251848

    Thank you for sharing your opinion! I genuinely wanted to know how other people felt about the current hatch time. 😀 It's always nice when people disagree and are respectful so it's very appreciated. I play both sides as well and definitely still believe that the reduced map size alone is merit enough to rethink the hatch time (I play both sides as well, also with Survivor escape rates statistically dropped to where they have been for awhile I hardly remember what an escaped status looks like LOL). But that is just me! :)

    I don't want to come of as rude, but I think there are more important things they need to change prior to the hatch. But it's always nice to hear people's opinions

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    It should be left as is, otherwise SWF can take full advantage of it.

    2 x survivors are left one survivor runs to the opposite end of the map furthest away from the hatch and fast vaults a window repeatedly. Killer hooks said survivor. Last survivor gets ez hatch.

    it could be argued that the killer should just slug, while he searches for the last survivor but that becomes boring for all participants. And the game would get held hostage until the slugged survivor bleeds out

    The hatch, even if it opened a few moments sooner, would still be Killer sided. It went from being evenly matched, to being very Killer sided. Swinging it slightly back toward the middle would still leave it in the Killer's favor while giving survivors a slightly better shot. There's nothing wrong with this. A 3k / 1 escape is still above balance. The idea that because the occasional SWF could bait the Killer is the Killer's issue. Don't get baited then. Or take the bait, enjoy your 3k and move on. You still freaking won. LOL

  • @Jordan_131201 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251858#Comment_1251858

    I don't want to come of as rude, but I think there are more important things they need to change prior to the hatch. But it's always nice to hear people's opinions

    There is a very long list of things that need addressed in the game. This thread was just about one of them. I did not think you were rude, do not worry.😊

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1250881#Comment_1250881

    The hatch, even if it opened a few moments sooner, would still be Killer sided. It went from being evenly matched, to being very Killer sided. Swinging it slightly back toward the middle would still leave it in the Killer's favor while giving survivors a slightly better shot. There's nothing wrong with this. A 3k / 1 escape is still above balance. The idea that because the occasional SWF could bait the Killer is the Killer's issue. Don't get baited then. Or take the bait, enjoy your 3k and move on. You still freaking won. LOL

    The 'ideal' game as stated by the game developers is 2 escape and 2K. This is apparently the result of an evenly matched and well played game. The scenario of a SWF using a quickly opened hatch is one that I personally do not think would even come up - if the third person has the time to go and find the hatch why wouldn't they just leave with their friends? That whole scenario sounds so strange. Also, it sounds like it would have been a 1k match anyways if Survivors are playing weird games of organized sacrifice and 2 out the door and 1 out the hatch...

    Like you said if the hatch were to open at a more fair and balanced speed the Killer would still be able to kick it closed. In fact, it would happen more often than not that the Killer would kick the hatch! All that a quicker hatch opening would do for the Survivor is give them a chance, which is how it should be. You said it perfectly, 3K is still winning. <3

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251866#Comment_1251866

    While that's off topic I do thank you for sharing your opinion. And I actually agree. I think that there should be a 'surrender/bleed out' button for both Killer and Survivor that can only be triggered during EGC. It ends the game but does not wipe BP like a DC would.

    • Killers could choose to just end the game during EGC as if all living Survivors had escaped. This could not be triggered while anyone was hooked, of course.
    • Survivors could choose to end the game during EGC if they were the last Survivor on the map and were downed. This would stop people from having to be tea bagged by Ghost face or just slugged by a rude Killer for 2 minutes.

    As for the hatch, I really didn't get what you meant lol, do you mean like let's say that 3 are dead and the hatch opens faster? If that is the case it does sound good

    @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251866#Comment_1251866

    Nah fam, EGC is too short for last survivor on the map. So it definitely doesn't need to be faster. You can wait.

    2 min of teabagging? That is too short? I mean 60 seconds is a lot on this game, but I get your point, if the last survivor is well....alive 2 min is enough but if all 4 are on the door waiting to teabag? How is that short? People instead of moving on they just want to waste your time instead of moving to the next match, people complain about queue times taking forever but instead of wasting 2 min they can waste them on queue

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1250881#Comment_1250881

    The hatch, even if it opened a few moments sooner, would still be Killer sided. It went from being evenly matched, to being very Killer sided. Swinging it slightly back toward the middle would still leave it in the Killer's favor while giving survivors a slightly better shot. There's nothing wrong with this. A 3k / 1 escape is still above balance. The idea that because the occasional SWF could bait the Killer is the Killer's issue. Don't get baited then. Or take the bait, enjoy your 3k and move on. You still freaking won. LOL

    Changing the hatch timer invites the game to be held hostage, because the killer wants a 4K or the SWF group wants one of them to escape. This happens with current hatch mechanics.

    Your theory of decreasing the hatch opening will always invite a survivor bait, it’s why hatch tech dc’s are a thing it proves the lengths survivors will go to.

    The hatch currently is balanced, it’s sheer luck either side stumbles upon it during the game, if survivors want increased luck in finding it before the killer closes it run the perk Left Behind.

    If the killer closes the hatch, he played better than the team of survivors accept the loss move on to the next game.

    You don’t see killers asking for longer gate opening times simply because he played poorly 🤣

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    I'm ready for the spicy comments on this one. <3

    But it is my honest opinion that the exit hatch needs to open more quickly. If a survivor is 3rd hook and instant dies the hatch still takes so long to open. I just had a very, very long and well played game on the PS4. Honestly there were very little mistakes made by either side. Great chases, some of the most fun I've had as a Survivor in a long time, and the Killer was great at applying pressure.

    I solo'd 2 gens by myself and despite each team member being hooked 3 times I had yet to be hooked once. I did 3 safe hook saves. I took the Killer on one chase that lasted almost two minutes, another that was over 45 seconds, it was just clever mind games around walls.

    Unfortunately we had 1 gen left and the Survivors were whittled down. We got chased off of our gen, Killer chose the teammate, she was third hook. I stood on the Exit Hatch and waited... And waited... And waited... Killer had time to cross the entire map (Demogorgon) and RIGHT as it opened he had hit me a second time. Between hit 1 and hit 2 I merely pointed at him because what else could I do? Unfortunately, this Killer apparently didn't think that great chases and not having been hooked once AND having found the Exit Hatch AND reached it before him and just waiting patiently for the like 10 seconds to be over with merited any sympathy.

    The Killer did nothing wrong here. He played a great game and he didn't owe me an escape. I'm not mad at the Killer, merely frustrated that even after playing a great game it comes down to losing because of a dreadfully, painfully long animation.

    It's frankly unfair to Survivors that we have to wait for a long animation to play and then still wait another 2-3 seconds after it's done for the hatch to open. Also if Killer and Survivor hit jump/close at the same time it gives Killer preference it seems. Why even bother having the hatch escape? If the Killer knows where it is then you're not going to get it, you're going to just stand there. This is far, far from the first time this has happened as well. I think the fact that I had played such a long game plus not been hooked is what has taken me to the forums.

    What do you think, Survivors and Killers? Whether agree or disagree, let's not turn this into bashing on either side. Let's be respectful to one another, to the devs, to the game. Happy gaming, all! <3

    (English is not my first language, sorry if things are said strangely or very rambly, I over explain to make sure I am being clear. 🤣)

    Quick advice - it's off topic, but i feel it has to be said. I don't feel like in the scenario you described you deserved to get hatch, because you let your team die without even taking a single hook stage.

    The fact that you hadn't been hooked and your teammates were dead or on death hook is not something to be proud of. As survivor you're supposed to share the pressure, e.g. if one of your teammates is on death hook and you haven't been hooked, it's your job to take a hook stage for them. Sometimes if the killer ignores you in order to get a teammate out of the match it's better for you to let them down you and give them an incentive to hook you. That gives your team a whole 2 extra minutes to finish the objective in a 4v1 instead of 2v1 or 3v1.

  • @Jordan_131201 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1249975#Comment_1249975

    Think about lore chief. Who would the Entity favour over the hatch? Would it rather see survivors take an easy escape, or see a struggle between the two? I think that the hatch is completed comfortable where it is. Whoever gets it first wins, and don't say that killer's actions is favoured more. Because it's not. I've seen some bs survivor escapes through the hatch where the killer was standing on it and it opens and the survivor runs onto the hatch and makes the action unavailable to close and they just jump in

    I never said anything about the mechanic itself, only the obvious: it does prioritize The Killer's interaction with it. They recently confirmed that The Killer always prevail, which is why people complain about hitboxes but it is actually bc both players see different things. They are working on trying to minimize the desync between both players but the current experience is to prioritize The Killer. Your anecdote doesn't change what the devs have stated. Sure the game has outliers where weird things happen but the consistent experience is to favor The Killer. It makes sense, in most games the hits are favored.

  • lol no, if anything they should be somewhat nerfed. not the time it takes to open per say, thats about right. but when survivors 99 gates it should decay so they cant insta-escape

  • the hatch opens immediately, once the hooked survivor has died.

    that means it wont open as long as the sacrifice isnt completed, as the survivor isnt quite "dead" yet.


    also you gotta give killers at least the chance to get to it after a sacrifice.

    otherwise you'll just end up promoting slugging the 3rd.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251826#Comment_1251826

    I never said anything about the mechanic itself, only the obvious: it does prioritize The Killer's interaction with it. They recently confirmed that The Killer always prevail, which is why people complain about hitboxes but it is actually bc both players see different things. They are working on trying to minimize the desync between both players but the current experience is to prioritize The Killer. Your anecdote doesn't change what the devs have stated. Sure the game has outliers where weird things happen but the consistent experience is to favor The Killer. It makes sense, in most games the hits are favored.

    Well remember, the loops have been removed and reduced for a reason. Because the game was survivor sided. The game needs some imbalances to balance out everything else. So when the hatch opening time becomes an ACTUAL issue, I'm sure the devs will jump right on it

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1249165#Comment_1249165

    Right, that's why I was saying the animation having to play is unfair. If the animation were faster it wouldn't feel so frustrating but as it stands I sit there and they get hooked... The Entity stabs them... The body goes limp... It starts to rise... It rises and rises... Then another 2-3 seconds pass. The entire thing feels like it takes like 10 seconds or more. I need to actually time it.

    Meanwhile the Survivor stands there and just waits for the Killer to come up and hit them twice.

    And sure, I could have gone for the gate, but the gates were very close to one another and that takes so much longer. A gate as solo is almost suicide even with Wake Up, which was not in the build I had equipped for this round anyways. I thought I'd have a chance with the hatch and I had found it as I was running to a door so I took my chances and was reminded how horrible the wait time is.

    Gates are actually pretty easy solo. All you need to do is open it until just before the first light turns on, then wait for the killer to check the gate. Once they leave you'll have plenty of time to finish the gate

  • @Jordan_131201 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1252518#Comment_1252518

    Well remember, the loops have been removed and reduced for a reason. Because the game was survivor sided. The game needs some imbalances to balance out everything else. So when the hatch opening time becomes an ACTUAL issue, I'm sure the devs will jump right on it

    Yeah, because the Devs "jump" at fixing known issues in this game. 🙄

  • There shouldn't be a hatch to begin with. Finish gens or die should be the only option.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1249171#Comment_1249171

    Gates are actually pretty easy solo. All you need to do is open it until just before the first light turns on, then wait for the killer to check the gate. Once they leave you'll have plenty of time to finish the gate

    LUL wow, you're idealistic aren't you. There is not enough time in EGC for this most of the time. Plus RNG of doors is terrible and a lot of the time the killer can quickly pat both gates by walking back and forth 10m. Not enough to time to finish all 3 lights on the gen. Gate soloing is absolutely not easy. EGC for a solo survivor MOST of the time is a death sentence unless you get a decent blend of killer/door RNG, which is rare.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1252834#Comment_1252834

    Yeah, because the Devs "jump" at fixing known issues in this game. 🙄

    They do eventually. They're not gods, they're developers trying to make the game balanced, but fit the criteria of the players too, hey want both survivor and killer to have fun, whilst keeping everything balanced. And it's not as easy as it sounds

  • @Jordan_131201 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1252846#Comment_1252846

    They do eventually. They're not gods, they're developers trying to make the game balanced, but fit the criteria of the players too, hey want both survivor and killer to have fun, whilst keeping everything balanced. And it's not as easy as it sounds

    "They do eventually"

    LOL, years later doesn't really constitute "jumping", my friend.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1252843#Comment_1252843

    LUL wow, you're idealistic aren't you. There is not enough time in EGC for this most of the time. Plus RNG of doors is terrible and a lot of the time the killer can quickly pat both gates by walking back and forth 10m. Not enough to time to finish all 3 lights on the gen. Gate soloing is absolutely not easy. EGC for a solo survivor MOST of the time is a death sentence unless you get a decent blend of killer/door RNG, which is rare.

    RNG isn't the Killer's fault, quit crying for nerfs to support bad spawns

  • @Mister_xD said:

    the hatch opens immediately, once the hooked survivor has died.

    that means it wont open as long as the sacrifice isnt completed, as the survivor isnt quite "dead" yet.

    also you gotta give killers at least the chance to get to it after a sacrifice.

    otherwise you'll just end up promoting slugging the 3rd.

    Killer's already have most opportunity when it comes to finding the hatch. In the rare cases a survivor finds it first, they shouldn't be cucked out of it because it waits until the end of the damn animation to open, even though the person has died. The killer doesn't have to wait at the hook and watch that persons last seconds of life. They can easily transition toward the hatch (which most do, if they know where it is). So they really have every chance.

  • This goes both ways in my opinion, it's honestly hard to say which one deserves better treatment on the hatch matter. On one hand it sux for the survivor having to wait the long hook death animation and then the extra seconds before the hatch opens, because more often than not, the killer either knows where the hatch is, or spots you with BBQ and simply marches to your location - it's not like you always have the luxury of getting to a locker in time. But then again, it's not like the hatch should simply be granted for the survivor with red carpet to exit the game victorious, it needs to have a chance of failure whether you get into the hatch in time or not. This is one of those things where one side is going to get angry no matter what you end up doing. In my opinion, the hatch is fine as it is, though I would love if keys were not a thing, they only make killers go full toxic mode, and I kinda get it, it's not fun playing a game where the survivors just exit from the hatch before compliting their objective or just getting a free pass when it's 1v1 hatch end game.

  • OPEN THE GODDAMN HATCH FASTER! -OR- dont make it spawn next to the last hooked survivor ffs!!! Killer had time to hook last survivor come back straight to the hatch, hit me while i was on top, and grab me before it all opened!! so frustrating .

  • Hatch shouldn't spawn unless 5 gens are done.

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1249324#Comment_1249324

    Perhaps! It all comes down to opinion here of course. ^_^

    I'm just curious about that opinion. He made a very good factual point. Even the tutorial tells you " The survivors objective is to do 5 gens and open the exit gates" you did not complete this objective yet still have a chance to get free.

    Again I wanna know. Why should it favor you?

    That's like someone arguing the world is flat. And saying " well its all opinion here" even when the fact is it's not.

  • @Flyguy115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1249322#Comment_1249322

    that's the hard part of solo queuing, having terrible teammates. but as I stated before , your objective is to get 5 gens done , not 4. while I agree that you worked hard you still didnt finish your objective


  • I say this us unwise as itll encourage even more people to throw games for the hatch..the mechanic is badly designed as it is

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    I'm ready for the spicy comments on this one. <3

    But it is my honest opinion that the exit hatch needs to open more quickly. If a survivor is 3rd hook and instant dies the hatch still takes so long to open. I just had a very, very long and well played game on the PS4. Honestly there were very little mistakes made by either side. Great chases, some of the most fun I've had as a Survivor in a long time, and the Killer was great at applying pressure.

    I solo'd 2 gens by myself and despite each team member being hooked 3 times I had yet to be hooked once. I did 3 safe hook saves. I took the Killer on one chase that lasted almost two minutes, another that was over 45 seconds, it was just clever mind games around walls.

    Unfortunately we had 1 gen left and the Survivors were whittled down. We got chased off of our gen, Killer chose the teammate, she was third hook. I stood on the Exit Hatch and waited... And waited... And waited... Killer had time to cross the entire map (Demogorgon) and RIGHT as it opened he had hit me a second time. Between hit 1 and hit 2 I merely pointed at him because what else could I do? Unfortunately, this Killer apparently didn't think that great chases and not having been hooked once AND having found the Exit Hatch AND reached it before him and just waiting patiently for the like 10 seconds to be over with merited any sympathy.

    The Killer did nothing wrong here. He played a great game and he didn't owe me an escape. I'm not mad at the Killer, merely frustrated that even after playing a great game it comes down to losing because of a dreadfully, painfully long animation.

    It's frankly unfair to Survivors that we have to wait for a long animation to play and then still wait another 2-3 seconds after it's done for the hatch to open. Also if Killer and Survivor hit jump/close at the same time it gives Killer preference it seems. Why even bother having the hatch escape? If the Killer knows where it is then you're not going to get it, you're going to just stand there. This is far, far from the first time this has happened as well. I think the fact that I had played such a long game plus not been hooked is what has taken me to the forums.

    What do you think, Survivors and Killers? Whether agree or disagree, let's not turn this into bashing on either side. Let's be respectful to one another, to the devs, to the game. Happy gaming, all! <3

    (English is not my first language, sorry if things are said strangely or very rambly, I over explain to make sure I am being clear. 🤣)

    You know u can body block a killer off hatch to buy yourself time right?

  • With playing both sides it doesn’t bother me, 90% of the time as killer I don’t know where it is anyways but if it is the hatch the survivor shouldn’t automatically get a free escape because the killer worked for the 4K

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    I'm ready for the spicy comments on this one. <3

    But it is my honest opinion that the exit hatch needs to open more quickly. If a survivor is 3rd hook and instant dies the hatch still takes so long to open. I just had a very, very long and well played game on the PS4. Honestly there were very little mistakes made by either side. Great chases, some of the most fun I've had as a Survivor in a long time, and the Killer was great at applying pressure.

    I solo'd 2 gens by myself and despite each team member being hooked 3 times I had yet to be hooked once. I did 3 safe hook saves. I took the Killer on one chase that lasted almost two minutes, another that was over 45 seconds, it was just clever mind games around walls.

    Unfortunately we had 1 gen left and the Survivors were whittled down. We got chased off of our gen, Killer chose the teammate, she was third hook. I stood on the Exit Hatch and waited... And waited... And waited... Killer had time to cross the entire map (Demogorgon) and RIGHT as it opened he had hit me a second time. Between hit 1 and hit 2 I merely pointed at him because what else could I do? Unfortunately, this Killer apparently didn't think that great chases and not having been hooked once AND having found the Exit Hatch AND reached it before him and just waiting patiently for the like 10 seconds to be over with merited any sympathy.

    The Killer did nothing wrong here. He played a great game and he didn't owe me an escape. I'm not mad at the Killer, merely frustrated that even after playing a great game it comes down to losing because of a dreadfully, painfully long animation.

    It's frankly unfair to Survivors that we have to wait for a long animation to play and then still wait another 2-3 seconds after it's done for the hatch to open. Also if Killer and Survivor hit jump/close at the same time it gives Killer preference it seems. Why even bother having the hatch escape? If the Killer knows where it is then you're not going to get it, you're going to just stand there. This is far, far from the first time this has happened as well. I think the fact that I had played such a long game plus not been hooked is what has taken me to the forums.

    What do you think, Survivors and Killers? Whether agree or disagree, let's not turn this into bashing on either side. Let's be respectful to one another, to the devs, to the game. Happy gaming, all! <3

    (English is not my first language, sorry if things are said strangely or very rambly, I over explain to make sure I am being clear. 🤣)


    The exit hatch shouldn't even appear on the ground until it can used to avoid players camping on it to esacpe.

    I've had the 4th player escape 2 times in 2 different games because as soon as the 3rd person died on the hook I couldn't get to exit hatch in time and they escaped.

    Why did these 2 escapee you say.... Because the survivors knew where it was and camped on it.


    I for one want the exit hatch not to appear so survivors can't stand by it waiting for it to open.

  • Buffing a luck mechanic? nah.

  • No i disagree people also want animation needed to open the hatch with the key and its frankly needed

  • Another example of what has just happened in this game because of hatch appearing on the floor when not needed.

    I had used a mori. 2 gens left 2 survivors left, both can be killed by me. I knew from previous game not to kill the 3rd survivor until I know where the hatch is so I can get so close to it so I can close it.

    I killed the survivor by my hand on the hatch and the 4th jumped the hatch before I got out of my animation of mori because the 4th survivor was also camping the hatch once again.

    Is this some sort joke now? I miss out on another kill again because of the hatch appearing way to early. Are you going to stop the hatch appearing on the floor?


    I can't keep losing out on this last kill because of this hatch. I hate killers that leave survivors dying on the floor to force other survivors to come out of hiding but if the wagon calls for it. All aboard the wagon now here I come.

    And no this above is not holding the game hostage because there is a bar timer so the 3rd survivor will die naturally slowly. Fell sorry for who ever the 3rd survivor will be in my games now.


    I do see why this game has so many toxic players now.

  • So you're asking for killers to have an even harder time than they already do? You do realize there's a real person playing the killer right, and that if survivors constantly get buffs and killers get shat on, this game will die. No one will queue killer. So yeah, no to your stupid ass idea, if anything hatches need to be nerfed not buffed. Personally they should have a cast time just like opening a gate. Not as long as a gate, but still needs one.

  • Ignore my post. I posted it on the wrong topic.

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/149102/exit-hatches-need-to-open-quicker

    Quick advice - it's off topic, but i feel it has to be said. I don't feel like in the scenario you described you deserved to get hatch, because you let your team die without even taking a single hook stage.

    The fact that you hadn't been hooked and your teammates were dead or on death hook is not something to be proud of. As survivor you're supposed to share the pressure, e.g. if one of your teammates is on death hook and you haven't been hooked, it's your job to take a hook stage for them. Sometimes if the killer ignores you in order to get a teammate out of the match it's better for you to let them down you and give them an incentive to hook you. That gives your team a whole 2 extra minutes to finish the objective in a 4v1 instead of 2v1 or 3v1.

    I think perhaps you missed some parts of my post. If I had not interacted with the other Survivors then I would totally agree with you but I stated that I'd unhooked Survivors and taken the Killer for runs. Multiple times the Killer chased me and we had some really challenging and fun runs. But ultimately he gave up after awhile because the run was going for too long and he knew gens were being completed during the time. Me talking about not having been hooked wasn't because I didn't do things for my teammates. I had a majority of the unhooks and distracted the Killer several times. Just to clarify since essentially your post sounded as if I was boasting about having left my teammates to die.

    I shouldn't let myself be hooked, no. I should do rescues, I should body block and take protective hits, and I should run the Killer for as long as he'll follow me. But I shouldn't get hooked and take someone off of a gen in order to come save me because I laid down.

    @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1249348#Comment_1249348

    I'm just curious about that opinion. He made a very good factual point. Even the tutorial tells you " The survivors objective is to do 5 gens and open the exit gates" you did not complete this objective yet still have a chance to get free.

    Again I wanna know. Why should it favor you?

    That's like someone arguing the world is flat. And saying " well its all opinion here" even when the fact is it's not.

    I'd encourage you to read my multiple posts about Killer speed, map size, exit gates, (all 'very good factual points') etc if you genuinely want to know my opinion and why I have that opinion. It more seemed that you wanted to throw a flat earther comment at me and be rude despite the positivity in my post and towards those that agree and disagree alike. Which was comical as this is an opinion post about a matter and not anything remotely grounded in science or fact - it's purely my opinion being discussed and agreed with/disagreed with by others. I'd encourage you to view it as that and not behave as if yours is superior or somehow right when others are wrong.

    No one here is right or wrong. Thanks! <3

  • @Meroko said:

    So you're asking for killers to have an even harder time than they already do? You do realize there's a real person playing the killer right, and that if survivors constantly get buffs and killers get shat on, this game will die. No one will queue killer. So yeah, no to your stupid ass idea, if anything hatches need to be nerfed not buffed. Personally they should have a cast time just like opening a gate. Not as long as a gate, but still needs one.

    Being petty and aggressive is super unnecessary. Typically I would not respond because of the strange anger you seem to feel towards a stranger on the internet, but I'd encourage you to go read the patch notes from the most recent patches so that you can possible be a little less angry about this game. Lately the changes have all been Killer sided. And I play Killer a lot, so don't bother with calling me a Survivor main who knows nothing.

    Toolboxes. Gen times. Map size. Map layout. Loops. Investigate those topics. And happy gaming! <3

    Oh and if you want to be really logical and work off of statistics you should check the killed to escaped ratio for Survivors. Even before the changes. Most red tier Survivors don't even escape half of their games while Killers win well over half of their games. This is why talking people can often not sympathize with messages about how Killers have it so hard. Killers have been winning more games and more consistently for a long time. :)

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    Killer needs time to get to it. If killer knows where hatch is, it is just as owed to killer as it is to survivor for a escape, all about who gets there first. And if killer and survivor are both on it, yes the animation favors killer, and it should.

    Except they don’t need all the time that they currently have. Before the survivor is even “dead” on hook, there’s the awkward animation where it lets you struggle before promptly killing you. This is all happening whilst the killer now has the chance to either get to hatch or look for it. That’s more than enough time to get to the hatch. If a survivor is standing and waiting, then the hatch should rightfully go to the survivor for being able to find it - not a killer who has already gotten a 3k.

  • If you want to open the hatch faster bring a key. You don't want to bring a key but open it fast bring plunders. You don't want to bring plunders to get a key get then get lucky without it. If you don't want to do any of these then don't complain about it.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    If you want to open the hatch faster bring a key. You don't want to bring a key but open it fast bring plunders. You don't want to bring plunders to get a key get then get lucky without it. If you don't want to do any of these then don't complain about it.

    I don't bring keys because they are the Survivor equivalent of moris. I also don't use keys for the same reason. Thank you for the suggestions though! They are genuinely good ideas with the current game mechanics but I personally don't like doing it. For as much as Killers complain about keys here I don't think it's a bad thing about Survivors not doing it. 🤣

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260859#Comment_1260859

    I don't bring keys because they are the Survivor equivalent of moris. I also don't use keys for the same reason. Thank you for the suggestions though! They are genuinely good ideas with the current game mechanics but I personally don't like doing it. For as much as Killers complain about keys here I don't think it's a bad thing about Survivors not doing it. 🤣

    Ive seen keys be actually used to open the hatch maybe a dozen odd times in normal gameplay and have killed so many people so easily with moris I don't know why people always compare the two.

  • This happens because a survivor isn't registered as dead or sacrificed until their icon changes. It's the same reason why a killer won't receive their sacrifice points until the icon has changed.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260867#Comment_1260867

    Ive seen keys be actually used to open the hatch maybe a dozen odd times in normal gameplay and have killed so many people so easily with moris I don't know why people always compare the two.

    The comparison is made because it ends the game prematurely. At least that's how I've always understood it. Killers do not like losing to keys because it is outside of the realm of normal gameplay. Survivors do not like being permanently killed before they have even gotten onto their second hook. And neither side likes waiting 15 minutes in a lobby for 3 minutes of gameplay cut short by an item.

    At least that is why I dislike both of those items! ^_^

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1252050#Comment_1252050

    I think perhaps you missed some parts of my post. If I had not interacted with the other Survivors then I would totally agree with you but I stated that I'd unhooked Survivors and taken the Killer for runs. Multiple times the Killer chased me and we had some really challenging and fun runs. But ultimately he gave up after awhile because the run was going for too long and he knew gens were being completed during the time. Me talking about not having been hooked wasn't because I didn't do things for my teammates. I had a majority of the unhooks and distracted the Killer several times. Just to clarify since essentially your post sounded as if I was boasting about having left my teammates to die.

    I shouldn't let myself be hooked, no. I should do rescues, I should body block and take protective hits, and I should run the Killer for as long as he'll follow me. But I shouldn't get hooked and take someone off of a gen in order to come save me because I laid down.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1254471#Comment_1254471

    I'd encourage you to read my multiple posts about Killer speed, map size, exit gates, (all 'very good factual points') etc if you genuinely want to know my opinion and why I have that opinion. It more seemed that you wanted to throw a flat earther comment at me and be rude despite the positivity in my post and towards those that agree and disagree alike. Which was comical as this is an opinion post about a matter and not anything remotely grounded in science or fact - it's purely my opinion being discussed and agreed with/disagreed with by others. I'd encourage you to view it as that and not behave as if yours is superior or somehow right when others are wrong.

    No one here is right or wrong. Thanks! <3

    I don't think you mentioned that you'd been abandoned by the killer several times, because the chases went on for too long. Based on that I do agree that you probably played well and did a good job to give your teammates a chance. I didn't mean to criticise you too harshly, but I still disagree with your last point that you shouldn't let yourself get hooked. In some situations that's honestly your best play. 3 teammates doing the objective whilst one is on the hook is significantly better than 2 teammates doing the objective, one in a chase and one dead. I'll give you an example:

    Yesterday I was playing against a doctor. I generally don't trust teammates to be able to run the killer around, so as per usual I showed myself to the killer to make sure I'm the first one to get chased. After about a minute doc hadn't been able to get a hit or a pallet from me, so naturally he static blasted and went for one of my teammates instead. He ignored me for the rest of the game, but I'd say i was in a pretty similar scenario as the one you described, where whilst not being chased i was pretty productive.

    Doc was downing people pretty quickly and we ended up in a situation where we had 2 gens left, 1 teammate on death hook, 1 on the hook in second stage and 2 of us who hadn't been hooked. I unhooked the person in second stage and at that point doc fully committed to the tunnel - even as I bodyblocked him, he only smacked me to get rid of my collision and kept running towards my teammate. Fortunately i managed to use my speed burst to block him again (now injured). Doc smacked me again and continued searching for my teammate. At that point however they'd gotten enough distance to hide safely. Doc hooked me and camped the hook. While i was sitting on it my teammates recovered, did the last two gens and opened a door. They never actually came for the save, but that's probably for the better. The point is that forcing the killer to down/hook me and then chilling on the hook for 2 minutes turned what would have probably been a hatch game into one where 3 survivors finished the objective and escaped the game.

    Of course it really depends on the circumstances and you should never let yourself get downed for no reason, but there are many situations where your best play is to take a hook stage (or 2) to make sure your teammates aren't taken out of the game

1 2 3