Why only killer buffs?!

I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • If you played the game in 2k16, you do realise that nearly every window was an infinite in the early days of dbd?

    A little excourse: A currently pretty famous survivor main calling himself "Ayrun" complained about the game becoming more killer sided many times in the last year. Newer people are watching him, because he does pretty educational vids about high rank survivor techs and playstyles. What many people don't know is, that he changed his name some time ago. He called himself "AaronPlaysTV" before that. And he was close friends with Ochido, they even created videos together. After Ochido got a huge shitstorm because he tried to sexually abuse his female underaged fans countless times, "AaronPlaysTV" broke the contact, but kept creating really toxic content. After he changed his name, he also tuned down the bullying and the toxicness to a level where he is now.

    He never admitted the contact with ochido and deleted vids that they created together. The only trace you can find is his old name in some older ochido videos.

    But why is that bad? Remember how No0b3 handled the situation? Yeah thats how you do it.


    TL;DR: "Ayrun" complains about the game being too killer sided while using really abuseable techs to make the game either unfair or unplayable for killer. I think many old survivor mains think like that, OP included.

  • So as per usual entitled toxic survivor main who clearly hasn't played killer enough to respect or really understand the struggle, you made this absurd post instead of having empathy and really getting a grasp on why the changes are necessary. Boo hoo, the "hold M1" side of the game got a little more challenging and you might actually start feeling a bit of pressure. HOW SAD! Poor baby! Meanwhile the killers who have had to get flashlight blinded, pallet stunned, godlooped, etc. by toxic survivor mains deal with 4 escape games repeatedly. I was personally stuck in a yellow rank loop until I was finally able to exit it by getting some decent games with respectable players of the same rank as me who were quite nice about 2-4k games. Maybe you should play more killer, you only really understand the struggle when you've played. I used to be somewhat like you, so I get it, you think being survivor entitles you to big daddy BHVR's love too. It doesn't. These are much needed. Please get over it. You all had your buffs when Ruin was nerfed.

  • Also, this game started out VERY killer sided, so I don't know what you're on about. And I bet you REALLY enjoy Resident Evil Resistance seeing as you can basically dunk on baby rank Masterminds very easily before they have a fleshed out deck. Don't bring that entitlement to another game and ruin it for others, please.

  • @aloneinmycoffin said:

    I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

    I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

    Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

    I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

    I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

    You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

    Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.

    Since you only just returned, that means that you missed the killer nerfs that caused half of the killer playerbase drop off the face of the planet. This makes it so that the killers that remain have to go up against everyone. I ended up a rank 14 going up against red rank survivors. This is a step to try bringing killers back. Which is good, because, as a killer player, I'd rather have matches against ppl close to my skill level. As it is, I either destroy the survivors or every one of them escapes while I only get one or two hooks.

    @ClickyClicky said:

    The game is all about killer fun now. BHVR caves to peer pressure from the forums since its mostly killers complaining and demanding buffs.

    Hey theres a new asymetrical resident evil game out though. You should give that a try.

    Dude, BHVR has caved to whinny survivors just as often. It's like a back and forth situation. One side gets benefits for a while, then the other side complains, until they get benefits. It just so happens that the benefits that survivors got in January made the killers drop from the earth.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1196371#Comment_1196371

    I agree that a lot of survivors aren’t great. That seems to be the average player for the game, a bit of a potato.

    The problem I have is that the average killer is just as potato. They’ll commit to chasing good survivors for ages, run all the broken loops, miss a lot of swings, have no map awareness.

    Yet as a potato killer you can still dominate with 3 gens left standing.

    and killer is meant to be the more demanding role?

    If a potato killer is "dominating" survivors at 3 gens then are they really that much of a potato? And if you really think they are, what does that say about you and the rest of the survivors on your team? It's a survivor issue not a killer one.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1196473#Comment_1196473

    If a potato killer is "dominating" survivors at 3 gens then are they really that much of a potato? And if you really think they are, what does that say about you and the rest of the survivors on your team? It's a survivor issue not a killer one.

    It doesnt say a damn thing about me since I have zero control over the other players.

    It also stinks of imbalance when a number of potatoes play a game and one side has it extremely easy while the others need to sweat their ass off to compensate.

  • Some of you really don’t know how the matchmaking used to be, or what streamers are for and it really shows. 😢

    “You played in 2016”, yeah, so that means I didn’t followed the game development... I’m sorry. As I’ve said...

    Second, yeah, i agree that now a rank 20 killer won’t play against purple-red ranks, but they used to. It doesn’t matter anymore, because this is no longer a problem with the matchmaking system. Yet, that ”2-3” games of mine (because you like to take things mot-à-mot) were not against potatoes, I still have 6 killers with P3L50, you know? And yes, I don’t think it’s fair to play now as killer because of this.

    Even now, I sometimes get yellow ranks in my games as surv just because they’re premade with a higher rank. The only escaped: full prestige Dwaight who camped the door until the last gen was done.

    You are quick to assume everything you want, ignoring some parts of the message and extractig only what you want to. It’s funny 😂 If I had no idea about this game or what I’m talking about, I wouldn’t posted this.

    My biggest problem is with crybabys killer mains, because all they do is complain about everything. They miss a hit- it’s the survivor fault. They got a stun= face camp. They chased the survivor for more than 1 min- mori. Easy, isn’t it? Oh, but most of you guys are exactly these ones I’m talking about...

  • survivors are so disgustingly overpowered in this game, i would put it at about 80/20 in the survivor's favor

    There are so many people I tried to get to play this game but they didn't want anything to do with it because this game is so well known to be so heavily survivor sided.

  • Let me boil down your complaint.


    "I played when survivors were super OP.


    I left after a year till a week ago.


    I have no idea what's gone on for the past three years so I'm goign to complain that after the three years I've been gone, the devs are STILL trying to make killers as strong as survivors."

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Killer buffs?

    That's funny, I just read the part where Prove Thyself got a 5% buff in gen repair speed.

    Prove Thyself didn't get a buff. It got adjusted to match the nerf to repairing a generator with multiple people. Currently, for each other survivor repairing a gen, you get a -10% speed penalty. The +10% prove thyself currently has cancels that to +0. They're increasing the penalty to -15%, so prove thyself is getting increased to +15%, so it's still going to be +0.

  • @aloneinmycoffin said:

    I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

    I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

    Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

    I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

    I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

    You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

    Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.

    killers have been hit the hardest nerfs in the game. and now with Ruin gone its ez mode for survivors. nice bait tho

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1197292#Comment_1197292

    Prove Thyself didn't get a buff. It got adjusted to match the nerf to repairing a generator with multiple people. Currently, for each other survivor repairing a gen, you get a -10% speed penalty. The +10% prove thyself currently has cancels that to +0. They're increasing the penalty to -15%, so prove thyself is getting increased to +15%, so it's still going to be +0.

    It's still a buff.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    The game is all about killer fun now. BHVR caves to peer pressure from the forums since its mostly killers complaining and demanding buffs.

    Hey theres a new asymetrical resident evil game out though. You should give that a try.

    *looks at the ruin nerf because of new survivors and all the killer nerfs like the murdering of legion and nurse*

  • Nope. The intention of the perk is to negate the penalty, and it is still doing that. Same discussion as "buff/nerf" or "rework", which probably never leads to an end

    @OP so far I just could read something like "I don't play regularly" "I leave the game for decent amount of time" "I don't get the history" "after x changes I don't instantly have fun and rock the game" and "I don't play killer at all". So with an admitted huge lack of information you expect to be able to evaluate the state of the game? Like the mass of people yelling out death sentences before the PTB even started, basing their opinion on screenshots? Pretty good job so far...

  • @aloneinmycoffin said:

    I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

    I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

    Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

    I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

    I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

    You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

    Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.


    Let's hit some points.


    The issue here is SWF vs Solo. SWF absolutely has the advantage against Killer. Their issue is they've (finally) started moving towards balancing for SWF, but forgot the step thats to bring SWF and Solo in line.


    You're not supposed to regularly wiggle free, it's more there so they don't just Basement hook you every time. Wiggle frees should be rare or require coordination and teamwork.


    Hatch isn't a free out. It shouldn't have ever been. If you're to a hatch play, your team lost. And if the hatch is closed you're now on a THIRD chance, so it should logically be hard (though I liked one idea I saw where you'd slowly have door progress while being chased to reward a chase and escape). Know the only thing even close to a hatch is the perks Rancor and NOED. NOED may not trigger if totems are done, and Rancor requires you to find and hit your obsession before they leave when they are aware they're an instant kill. Plus both of these eat a perk slot.


    And they absolutely make changes for newer players, even gotten flak when they gutted Ruin for the purpose of buying early game time because the checks were too hard for new players, but after that gens started flying more and I think killers started leaving so they had to do something for them.

  • Are you such an entitled survivor main that you think you have no chance? When ruin was nerfed, I didn't see you bitching about how easy the game is for survivors. It was always "Who cares about the killers lol". Just cause there are a few changes doesn't mean survivors have no chance. You must be really bad at the game if you seriously think this game is very killer sided.

  • I feel like they‘re asking survivors at this point to get into a 4 man swf and „tryhard“ or play killer. solo survivor and even swf as a two man is not fun for a long time.. The only thing that pleases me these days is doing nothing, since the teammates I get do exactly the same so at least I can watch them die and laugh until I suicide at some point

  • @aloneinmycoffin said:

    I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

    I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

    Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

    I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

    I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

    You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

    Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.

    No

  • hey, I see you have posted this. Let me explain why they did this:

    So, you have said that you have played killer 2 or 3 times, which means you haven't really had harder matches yet. The killer in red ranks pretty much automatically gets ######### on if the survivors are competent. red ranks is a rollercoaster for killers and is probably the hardest thing in the game. so, to make the killers job a bit easier (mind you they are playing against 4 people who know what they are doing 100% of the time pretty much) we get some buffs to help the balance in red ranks. the main reason for killer buffs is high level play being very hard with said killer. I know you haven't played a lot of killer, but us killers really need the buffs sometimes.

    P.S. remember old wraith? He was ######### impossible in red ranks for most

  • Killers were in a sorry, sorry state. A great killer could lose to terrible survivors due to all the second chance perks, comms, and map size making it impossible to traverse quickly without an ability that does it for you. On some maps it was possibile for gens to complete before the killer could even get close when bee lining for it.

  • @obamagaming99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1196304#Comment_1196304

    lol that's the whole reason why we want a buff because legit nobody wins against swf at red ranks. Like i said you've never played red ranks as killer so you cannot complain.

    That is true, nobody wins against them, besides those killers that actually do.

    See, those comments make killers here unbelieveable from time to time. I, someone who is not the best killer and not even a killer main wiped the floor with 4man SWATS countless times. I can do it, so a good killer main should be more then capeable to do aswell.

    Or when i play in 4 man party with people on my skilllevel, we also loose games, if the killer is actually.. u know... good!

    4 man squads that try really hard are indeed tough to deal with for most killers beside nurse, spirit, freddy and billy but it is far away from beeing impossible.

  • @aloneinmycoffin said:

    I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

    I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

    Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

    I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

    I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

    You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

    Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.

    Hello

    I am on board with you when you say that the upcoming changes are an overkill and they should not nerf survivors that hard, but i disagree with your statement, that the game used to be fun (i assume you mean more fair with that aswell) in 2016.

    I mean, there were countless stuffs that were simply overpowered. Look at the old window vaults, no entity blocker made it almost impossible to catch survivors. Or instablind flashlights. That was bs aswell. Or brand new parts... i admit i never played at the time when BNPs where a think (those who could repair a gen instantly) but this is stuff that simply HAD to be nerfed, because it was overpowered and unfair.

    So are killers like nurse and Spirit. Or Instaheals. Just overpowered and not good for the game.

    I disagree with the toolbox nerf tho, that was simply 2 much. Reducing charges vom 180 to 32 is basicly removing them from the game.

  • @aloneinmycoffin said:

    I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

    I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

    Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

    I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

    I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

    You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

    Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.

    Get your killer rank to purple then come back here.. Of course you can 4k as a Brown rank Killer..


    10% smaller on SOME maps it not that much smaller. All they did was get rid of some infinite/god loops.

  • The devs are killer focused, the games marketing and dlc ALL center around new killers, survivors are just reskins, there's no money in them. As such most people who are committed to this game have a killer focus.

    You wont find much push back against killers here.

  • We got 1 killer sided patch, wooo, the horror !

    But we're really ignoring that probably the next 1-2 patches will be survivor sided, because devs always go back and forth to buff and nerf both sides ?

  • @ad19970 said:

    The devs care for their playerbase, that's why they are making these changes.

    The reason this patch is killer sided is because many maps are survivor sided and need some balancing. These changes are very good and should make matches more balanced when considering how fast gens can be repaired.

    It's honestly quite crazy. All these killer mains crying over how the devs are so survivor sided, which isn't true aswe can see, and now that there's one killer sided patch that adresses the biggest balance problems in the game, people accuse the devs of being killer sided. I wouldn't want to be one of the people responsible for the game's balance at the moment.

    Also, if new survivors are constantly getting destroyed by killers, it's one of two problems: Either they are going against killers the clearly shouldn't, or it's because killer is way easier to pick up than survivor, none of which have anything to do with balancing.

    If anything, the devs should maybe look into somehow lowering the skill floor for survivors, and improving the tutorials for both sides, but especially for survivors.

    The reason there were cries about survivor sided devs were consecutive nerfs to the killer side since July 2019. There was the utter disaster of the Legion Rework, the Nurse Nerf, Spirit nerf, Freddy Nerf, Oni nerf, Another legion nerf (while buffing BT), Ruin nerf, nerf to hangman's trick, and the nerf to Gearhead.

    Although there were some reasonable changes, such as the Freddy Rework, Spirit nerf, Forever Freddy nerf, and Doc Rework, but that doesn't make the amount of nerfs since July of 2019 non-existent .

    I do agree that this was a good change.

  • @aloneinmycoffin said:

    I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

    I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

    Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

    I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

    I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

    You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

    Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.

    When it was really fun? you mean when they had vacuum pallets, infinite windows, insta heals, BNP and all fast vaults? yea kindly stfu....

  • @Marcus said:

    We got 1 killer sided patch, wooo, the horror !

    But we're ignoring that probably the next 1-2 patches will be survivor sided, because devs always go back and forth to buff and nerf both sides ?

    Well you haven't been playing since release if that's your take.😑

  • "I only play one role and its not fun that only the other side is stronk!"

  • @FearedbytheGods said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1203929#Comment_1203929

    Well you haven't been playing since release if that's your take.😑

    If you go take a look at the patch notes, you will see that I'm right.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    The game is all about killer fun now. BHVR caves to peer pressure from the forums since its mostly killers complaining and demanding buffs.

    Hey theres a new asymetrical resident evil game out though. You should give that a try.

    Is this sarcasm, I can't tell. So many post state how it is always about survivors fun.

    Either way they had to make changes to keep the game competitive against swf.

    Swf is not going anywhere, it is the backbone of the player base. As such killers where at a disadvantage and needed a more level playing field in order to compete. And also to encourage them to continue to play killer and not just leave.

    So in theory, this actually keeps killers in the game, which allows swfs to find matches, which makes them happy. Once again, the devs cater to survivors happiness !

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1196323#Comment_1196323

    That is true, nobody wins against them, besides those killers that actually do.

    See, those comments make killers here unbelieveable from time to time. I, someone who is not the best killer and not even a killer main wiped the floor with 4man SWATS countless times. I can do it, so a good killer main should be more then capeable to do aswell.

    Or when i play in 4 man party with people on my skilllevel, we also loose games, if the killer is actually.. u know... good!

    4 man squads that try really hard are indeed tough to deal with for most killers beside nurse, spirit, freddy and billy but it is far away from beeing impossible.

    you're a bit scummy aren't you? don't come here and lecture people on being good when you say you don't play killer. That very sentence already proves your view on killers untrustworthy. I am rank 3 killer and rank 4 survivor so i know what i'm talking about. Yet again remember what i said. Nobody wins against a swf at RED RANKS. Were you red ranks when you "wiped the floor" with a swf. Better yet were they even swf??

  • @aloneinmycoffin said:

    I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

    I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

    Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

    I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

    I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

    You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

    Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.


    I play most of the time killer, but l also play a lot of survivors,as a killer if l play 6 matches , 3-4 are victories, and when l play survivors from 6 l win maybe 2-3, and lm not even complaing

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/141898/why-only-killer-buffs

    Hello

    I am on board with you when you say that the upcoming changes are an overkill and they should not nerf survivors that hard, but i disagree with your statement, that the game used to be fun (i assume you mean more fair with that aswell) in 2016.

    I mean, there were countless stuffs that were simply overpowered. Look at the old window vaults, no entity blocker made it almost impossible to catch survivors. Or instablind flashlights. That was bs aswell. Or brand new parts... i admit i never played at the time when BNPs where a think (those who could repair a gen instantly) but this is stuff that simply HAD to be nerfed, because it was overpowered and unfair.

    So are killers like nurse and Spirit. Or Instaheals. Just overpowered and not good for the game.

    I disagree with the toolbox nerf tho, that was simply 2 much. Reducing charges vom 180 to 32 is basicly removing them from the game.

    Also maybe consider LEARNING nurse before assuming she's op. She is very strong but really balanced if you can place your blinks in the right position. It takes days to learn plus she has been nerfed because rank 20's kept complaining that she's op. as for spirit her mindgames have been nerfed quite a lot. If you actually pay attention when against her, whenever she activates her power a few glimpses of her appear next to her. That shows she is using her power therefor you can react quicker. Also multiple blinks for nurse has been removed as well as a cooldown for her power. If that isn't a nerf idk what is

  • @obamagaming99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1203867#Comment_1203867

    you're a bit scummy aren't you? don't come here and lecture people on being good when you say you don't play killer. That very sentence already proves your view on killers untrustworthy. I am rank 3 killer and rank 4 survivor so i know what i'm talking about. Yet again remember what i said. Nobody wins against a swf at RED RANKS. Were you red ranks when you "wiped the floor" with a swf. Better yet were they even swf??

    Where did i write i dont play killer? I have all over my accounts probably 5K games as killer, flex btw, but i dont main them, i play both sides. There are killers out that play them exclusive and know more about them and also play them better. It does not change the fact that you dont have to be a god tier killer to win against a 4 man team, because, ... i am no god tier killer (yet :P)

    I am a rank 1 Killer and a rank 1 Survivor so i also know a little bit about the game and what i am talking about. Does it make me really scummy to tell my point of view?

  • @obamagaming99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1203878#Comment_1203878

    Also maybe consider LEARNING nurse before assuming she's op. She is very strong but really balanced if you can place your blinks in the right position. It takes days to learn plus she has been nerfed because rank 20's kept complaining that she's op. as for spirit her mindgames have been nerfed quite a lot. If you actually pay attention when against her, whenever she activates her power a few glimpses of her appear next to her. That shows she is using her power therefor you can react quicker. Also multiple blinks for nurse has been removed as well as a cooldown for her power. If that isn't a nerf idk what is

    Is this a mistake and you actually tried to quote someone else? I mean, where did i say all those things you are "countering"?

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1204158#Comment_1204158

    Is this a mistake and you actually tried to quote someone else? I mean, where did i say all those things you are "countering"?

    no you said you're agreeing with the person who said this game was getting killer sided and you said nurse and spirit were op and instaheals

  • @obamagaming99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1204209#Comment_1204209

    no you said you're agreeing with the person who said this game was getting killer sided and you said nurse and spirit were op and instaheals

    Sure the game is getting more and more killer sided since ages, we almost only see survivor nerfs and killer buffs. I mean, this is no secret, you can read the patchnotes. I said spirit and nurse were overpowered? Ahm, lol yes of course they were overpowered, what else? You really want to discuss this? Same for instaheals, they were overpowered. I mean, do we really have need to debate that?

    Oh and just for the record, Nurse and Spirit are STILL overpowered. Another shocker and big suprise :D

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1203975#Comment_1203975

    If you go take a look at the patch notes, you will see that I'm right.

    Right.

    If we take a limited perspective and ignore the holistic information across the games timeline, your absolutely right.....

1 2 ›