Soo when is ds rework coming?

Ds at the moment is a mandatory perk on red ranks because it gives survivors invisibility for 1 minute

I am really hoping for ds to be changed soo it gets canceled if you start doing a generator/totem, or if start healing other survivors

DS should be what it was meant to- a anti-tunneling perk, not a "killers can't do anything against me for 1 minute"

Comments

  • DS has about as much power as that particular killer thinks it has.


    There are people who will try to honestly argue that the 5 second stun is worse than slugging someone for 60 seconds (although it would never be 60 seconds, because it would have taken time to find, chase, and down that suvivor)... let those who fear the perk continue to make bad decisions based on that fear.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1194276#Comment_1194276

    D's locker strat is fine. If they fix mori off first hook then I'd agree with you. Also it's not anti tunnel. Never has been never will be. Its anti momentum.

    It clearly is and you're lying to yourself and deceiving others by saying otherwise. After they made it so that the condition for DS to be triggered was you had to be hooked first that was clearly and undeniably the purpose, there is no other argument to be made there. There is no other reason why they would add that condition of having to be hooked recently if that was not intention.

    As for your middle statement, I refer you to Scott Jund's analysis on "whataboutism".

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7007JzDroCM


  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1472049#Comment_1472049

    It clearly is and you're lying to yourself and deceiving others by saying otherwise. After they made it so that the condition for DS to be triggered was you had to be hooked first that was clearly and undeniably the purpose, there is no other argument to be made there. There is no other reason why they would add that condition of having to be hooked recently if that was not intention.

    As for your middle statement, I refer you to Scott Jund's analysis on "whataboutism".

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7007JzDroCM

    They did that bc it was too strong before. It is still not anti tunnel.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473879#Comment_1473879

    They did that bc it was too strong before. It is still not anti tunnel.

    And it's still too strong now even with being an "anti-tunnel" perk, but only because it doesn't actually succeed at being one despite that being the intention.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473883#Comment_1473883

    And it's still too strong now even with being an "anti-tunnel" perk, but only because it doesn't actually succeed at being one despite that being the intention.

    Ds is not anti tunnel. Its fine in its current state. Slug, or go for someone else. Or you could not be a whiny ######### and eat the 4 second stun.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473891#Comment_1473891

    Ds is not anti tunnel. Its fine in its current state. Slug, or go for someone else. Or you could not be a whiny ######### and eat the 4 second stun.

    DS is meant to be anti tunnel. Therefore it requires restrictions to succeed in that purpose rather than being an aggressive perk that rewards survivors for doing nothing except getting caught, making it a low skill perk that anyone can easily abuse. Especially when used in conjunction with other perks like Unbreakable, Adrenaline, etc. which aren't problematic on their own, only when used with the current incarnation of decisive. Even more so when we shift the conversation from a decent solo squad to an SWF team.

  • If you work on a gen for more than 5 seconds after unhook it deactivates. Simple.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Soon. Hopefully.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1194009#Comment_1194009

    It has already been reworked, and then immediately after survivors figured out how to maximize its output and abuse the perk to its fullest extent, hence the need for another rework, again.

    One that puts it in its place, but still achieves its original purpose of being an anti-tunneling perk (and NOTHING more) for good.

    Allow me to explain:

    DS - Problems

    A survivor running DS is not going to heal themselves because the DS practically counts as a health state on its own. It's a nice thought, but it's unrealistic to think anybody is going to heal while they've got what is basically invincibility. They're gonna play as aggressive as humanly possible going for unsafe unhooks, finishing generators in the killers face, doing hex totems in the killers face, etc.

    This is the real problem with DS. That it enables survivors to play extremely aggressively for a long duration of time and they absolutely cannot get punished for it. As Otzdarva put it: "Decisive Strike allows survivors to be bold, make bad mistakes and completely get away with it"

    DS - Solutions

    It should be deactivated under numerous circumstances:

    First and foremost it should be deactivated upon entering a locker, everybody knows this stupid trick, it's annoying to deal with, and provides a survivor 100% protection since they won't even be in the dying state. A key point to remember about Dead By Daylight is that a survivor should never feel safe under any circumstances, they should always be on edge and in some kind of tension, if not something is very clearly wrong with the power role of the killer. The ability to jump in a locker and force a killer to eat the DS absolutely and unbearably spits in the face of this idea, allowing a survivor to feel completely safe within the confines of a red box.

    DS is also meant to be an anti tunneling perk, so it should be deactivated after that purpose is accomplished. NOT for an extra-whatever-is-left-on-the-timer. Similarly to OoO, if a survivor is outside of a range of 32 or 40 meters of a killer, it should automatically deactivate. If you are that far away, you are clearly not being tunneled and there is no reason for you to have the perk still active.

    It should also deactivate if you begin repairing a generator, DS is a self preservation perk, it is meant to keep you alive immediately after the unhook. So if you feel safe enough to repair a generator while still injured, there is no reason for you to have the perk still active. This way baiting a killer into accidentally grabbing a survivor off a generator is no longer viable again, taking away that misplaced sense of security that survivors should never feel.

    This also introduces an interesting dynamic, if there is one generator left, it's at 80% and the killer is chasing somebody but close enough that you can hear a heartbeat, do you try to repair the generator? If you do you lose your temporary basically-invincibility but you could repair the generator (popping adrenaline probably) if you don't you might be able to keep your DS maybe even use it and find the hatch or something. This forces survivors into weighing the risks vs. the reward and is a far more interesting gameplay and a tense situation than "Hehe DS will protect me, all gens done time to pop 4 adrenalines now look who's the 4head".

    Concluding

    These are absolutely necessary changes, those who say no are the ones who are keen on continuing to abuse an unbalanced perk.

    However, it's important to note that none of this changes the primary and original goal of the perk who seek to gain that benefit: The core integrity of a perk that keeps you from being tunneled immediately off the hook for a certain period of time is preserved, giving you the opportunity to escape the killer, heal yourself up, and stay alive.

    This is what the perk should be used for, and absolutely nothing more.

    i couldn't of said it better good job.

  • God, these threads just need to die already.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    God, these threads just need to die already.

    These threads will die once the devs have addressed the problem properly and accordingly with finality so there are no lingering issues that require the need for further attention. By listening to the feedback the community has been giving for weeks and months now.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473999#Comment_1473999

    These threads will die once the devs have addressed the problem properly and accordingly. By listening to the feedback the community has been giving for weeks and months now.

    The community lol

    "The problem" lol

    None of these "problems" even merit a response. Thank God the're ignoring these "suggestions."

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1194009#Comment_1194009

    Reworked to be stronger??

    You used to need to wiggle until 30% if you weren't the obcesion

    Now you don't

    This rework is needed for a fair balance

    You didn't need to be hooked back in the day I said come body block for me I get my ds and the killer is denied a hook.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474018#Comment_1474018

    The community lol

    "The problem" lol

    None of these "problems" even merit a response. Thank God the're ignoring these "suggestions."

    Lmao

    Look at you, acting all high, mighty, and condescending, yet still deluded.

    They're not going to be able to ignore them for much longer, I can promise you that, it's only a matter of time - a question of "when" not "if".

  • i hate DS i do but I want a OoO rework more it bs in swf team funny both perks are Laurie.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474021#Comment_1474021

    Lmao

    Look at you, acting all high, mighty, and condescending, yet still deluded.

    They're not going to be able to ignore them for much longer, I can promise you that, it's only a matter of time - a question of "when" not "if".

    /yawn

  • It makes you invisible for 60 seconds? Yeah that needs a rework.

  • @OniKobayashi said:

    It makes you invisible for 60 seconds? Yeah that needs a rework.

    well duh

  • @OniKobayashi said:

    It makes you invisible for 60 seconds? Yeah that needs a rework.

    Imagine a perk that makes you Invisible for 60 seconds.

    And imagine that perk being non-existent.

    Because it doesn't exist.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474112#Comment_1474112

    Imagine a perk that makes you Invisible for 60 seconds.

    And imagine that perk being non-existent.

    Because it doesn't exist.

    *Laughs in Claudette*

  • "Alexa, set timer for 60 seconds"


    Done.

  • not fast enough

  • I just hope they don't butcher the perk like they did to MoM! While I like the idea of DS my only problem with the perk is that their is no risk involved with the perk, and survivors who go out of their way to abuse the perk

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473897#Comment_1473897

    DS is meant to be anti tunnel. Therefore it requires restrictions to succeed in that purpose rather than being an aggressive perk that rewards survivors for doing nothing except getting caught, making it a low skill perk that anyone can easily abuse. Especially when used in conjunction with other perks like Unbreakable, Adrenaline, etc. which aren't problematic on their own, only when used with the current incarnation of decisive. Even more so when we shift the conversation from a decent solo squad to an SWF team.

    Ok tell me what dev said it was anti tunnel. It was never meant to be anti tunnel. Thats the community saying that. It is anti momentum. Just go for someone else. Ds is only every a problem at endgame. Its a 4 second stun. 20 seconds later, theyre hooked again and its gone. Ds unbreakable is also fine as its one time use. Slug, get rid of unbreakable and avoid ds. Or eat the stun so its gone at endgame. Ds is fine.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473917#Comment_1473917

    Ok tell me what dev said it was anti tunnel. It was never meant to be anti tunnel. Thats the community saying that. It is anti momentum. Just go for someone else. Ds is only every a problem at endgame. Its a 4 second stun. 20 seconds later, theyre hooked again and its gone. Ds unbreakable is also fine as its one time use. Slug, get rid of unbreakable and avoid ds. Or eat the stun so its gone at endgame. Ds is fine.

    Lol tell me when the devs said it was anti-momentum? That's the first time I've ever heard that made-up bullshit. DS is a problem at all times because it's most commonly used to facilitate aggressive plays, why should I be forced to go for someone else when the person so confident and cocky because they have DS is repairing a generator or cleansing my hex: totem right in my face? Why should I be forced to find the immersed P3 blendette that's been getting all the saves when the cocky guy with DS is running around fast vaulting and leaving scratch marks everywhere and making no effort to hide his presence because he's got 60 second invincibility? Who do I go after if the guy making an unsafe unhook was also recently unhooked within the last 60 seconds and BOTH of them are running decisive? Do I leave them both and concede all forms of pressure I have worked to gain up until that point?

    All three of those commonplace scenarios are all complete bullshit, and are perfect examples of why Decisive is unhealthy and unbalanced in it's current state. It also proves how disconnected you are from the problems that this perk creates.

  • the perk should be reworked

    they can add even 30 seconds to this perk but it should be cancled if surv starts repairing gen/healing others etc

    the most frustrating thing is when you make a circle round map see injured survs reparing gen you put them in to the dying state, then you are picking them up and you get stunned.

    then you curse all this "antitullening" stuff people talking about

    im fifne with anti tunneling if everyone demans it but when insolent surv starts playing agressive it has nothing to do with antitunneling they simply feel their immortality, they can finish an important gen and so on.

    also 1 minute espesially in the late game is INSANE amout of time. I count each second when i play killer 5-10 seconds wasted seconds means i missed a gen.

    This is insane even at the beggining because good survs can make 2-3 gens in several mintues.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475625#Comment_1475625

    Lol tell me when the devs said it was anti-momentum? That's the first time I've ever heard that made-up bullshit. DS is a problem at all times because it's most commonly used to facilitate aggressive plays, why should I be forced to go for someone else when the person so confident and cocky because they have DS is repairing a generator or cleansing my hex: totem right in my face? Why should I be forced to find the immersed P3 blendette that's been getting all the saves when the cocky guy with DS is running around fast vaulting and leaving scratch marks everywhere and making no effort to hide his presence because he's got 60 second invincibility? Who do I go after if the guy making an unsafe unhook was also recently unhooked within the last 60 seconds and BOTH of them are running decisive? Do I leave them both and concede all forms of pressure I have worked to gain up until that point?

    All three of those commonplace scenarios are all complete bullshit, and are perfect examples of why Decisive is unhealthy and unbalanced in it's current state. It also proves how disconnected you are from the problems that this perk creates.

    The 60 second invincibility as you call it is exactly why its anti momentum. You lose momentum. You just proved my point for me lmao.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475679#Comment_1475679

    The 60 second invincibility as you call it is exactly why its anti momentum. You lose momentum. You just proved my point for me lmao.

    That's a very grandiose way of saying it's unbalanced. You took a dandy term just to make it look "nicer" and less outrageous by deceiving other people by purposely mislabeling it as "anti-momentum".

    It's literally the exact same principle exemplified by Brian in that episode of Family guy where he tries to downplay the negative impact of Herpes to seem less bad by calling it "Boppo"

    https://youtu.be/LXpl03-xUCw?t=56


  • @vector said:

    the perk should be reworked

    they can add even 30 seconds to this perk but it should be cancled if surv starts repairing gen/healing others etc

    the most frustrating thing is when you make a circle round map see injured survs reparing gen you put them in to the dying state, then you are picking them up and you get stunned.

    then you curse all this "antitullening" stuff people talking about

    im fifne with anti tunneling if everyone demans it but when insolent surv starts playing agressive it has nothing to do with antitunneling they simply feel their immortality, they can finish an important gen and so on.

    also 1 minute espesially in the late game is INSANE amout of time. I count each second when i play killer 5-10 seconds wasted seconds means i missed a gen.

    This is insane even at the beggining because good survs can make 2-3 gens in several mintues.

    You got to be joking. Name me a killer perk that just magically disables when they do the objective.

    If you think DS is insane in the late game, try to win with Whispers when you are the only one left.

  • I can't stand players that use DS offensively by getting on a gen right in my face, getting on a totem in my face, or straight up chasing me to try to use their DS when I'm chasing someone else. If someone does that, I just eat their DS and then I immediately hard tunnel them for the rest of the game until they're gone. I find that wholly satisfying

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475684#Comment_1475684

    That's a very grandiose way of saying it's unbalanced. You took a dandy term just to make it look "nicer" and less outrageous by deceiving other people by purposely mislabeling it as "anti-momentum".

    It's literally the exact same principle exemplified by Brian in that episode of Family guy where he tries to make Herpes seem less bad by calling it "Boppo"

    https://youtu.be/LXpl03-xUCw?t=56

    When I play killer I have no problem with ds. And although I'm a survivor main(was killer but l2 on my controller broke so I cant use powers until I get a new controller I changed it to square so now the only killer I can play are legion, hag etc.) I have never thought of it as unbalanced. I havent gotten hit by it in months. I go for other people, slug or eat a four second stun and kill them off early game. Ds unbreakable isn't really a problem for me anyways as i go for more slugs than hooks. I slug early game and typically use up unbreakable then. Either way I have two people at least off gens so I'm chilling.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475703#Comment_1475703

    When I play killer I have no problem with ds. And although I'm a survivor main(was killer but l2 on my controller broke so I cant use powers until I get a new controller I changed it to square so now the only killer I can play are legion, hag etc.) I have never thought of it as unbalanced. I havent gotten hit by it in months. I go for other people, slug or eat a four second stun and kill them off early game. Ds unbreakable isn't really a problem for me anyways as i go for more slugs than hooks. I slug early game and typically use up unbreakable then. Either way I have two people at least off gens so I'm chilling.

    @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473917#Comment_1473917

    Ok tell me what dev said it was anti tunnel. It was never meant to be anti tunnel. Thats the community saying that. It is anti momentum. Just go for someone else. Ds is only every a problem at endgame. Its a 4 second stun. 20 seconds later, theyre hooked again and its gone. Ds unbreakable is also fine as its one time use. Slug, get rid of unbreakable and avoid ds. Or eat the stun so its gone at endgame. Ds is fine.

    "just go for someone else" , "20 seconds later they are hooked again", "just eat the stun" , when "i play killer i have no problem with ds", "never gotten it by it in months".

    you sound like an insane player nothing stops you, you never fall in to critical situations, you can always go for someone else , distances or time is not a problem for you, you never have a game where each second matters and you should not waste your time. The rest of plaeys are not so good me including and some strong features like DS a problem for us espesialy when DS is in the hands of SWF and they use it for agressive gamplay

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475703#Comment_1475703

    When I play killer I have no problem with ds. And although I'm a survivor main(was killer but l2 on my controller broke so I cant use powers until I get a new controller I changed it to square so now the only killer I can play are legion, hag etc.) I have never thought of it as unbalanced. I havent gotten hit by it in months. I go for other people, slug or eat a four second stun and kill them off early game. Ds unbreakable isn't really a problem for me anyways as i go for more slugs than hooks. I slug early game and typically use up unbreakable then. Either way I have two people at least off gens so I'm chilling.

    And you speak for everyone? That lame anecdotal excuse is hardly worth anything. I can just as easily tell you how many times I've had DS used against me boldly and offensively to singlehandedly win matches where everyone and their mother is running DS so I'm forced to concede pressure and have no means of any kind of counterplay without being pinned in a situation where I'm stunned and have to go through another chase all over again. Hell there's a reason why Scott calls the classic DS-Unbreakable combo "the small pp build"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_vLlMdu1Sc&t=4s

    But note that most of this video talks about Decisive Strike, because by itself Unbreakable isn't as much of a problem as DS is.

    Even if I hadn't thrown up Scott's video to corroborate what I'm saying, anecdotally speaking my word is just as good as yours and therefore that would put us at a standstill.

    On top of that the real difference is, these threads are cropping up because people want to see Decisive changed, not because they want to see it stay the same. Pages full of dozens of comments and hundreds of views, all receiving lots of attention, and many pushing for change.

  • The only thing I would change is disable DS when the survivor enters a locker. Its so bs when they get unhook and go inmediately to a locker.

  • I challenge any killer main to play a few games against Deathslinger and you will see why DS exists.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475720#Comment_1475720

    And you speak for everyone? That lame anecdotal excuse is hardly worth anything. I can just as easily tell you how many times I've had DS used against me boldly and offensively to singlehandedly win matches where everyone and their mother is running DS so I'm forced to concede pressure and have no means of any kind of counterplay without being pinned in a situation where I'm stunned and have to go through another chase all over again. Hell there's a reason why Scott calls the classic DS-Unbreakable combo "the small pp build"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_vLlMdu1Sc&t=4s

    But note that most of this video talks about Decisive Strike, because by itself Unbreakable isn't as much of a problem as DS is.

    Even if I hadn't thrown up Scott's video to corroborate what I'm saying, anecdotally speaking my word is just as good as yours and therefore that would put us at a standstill.

    On top of that the real difference is, these threads are cropping up because people want to see Decisive changed, not because they want to see it stay the same. Pages full of dozens of comments and hundreds of views, all receiving lots of attention, and many pushing for change.

    Remember, mob mentality doesn't make it right.

  • That doesn't make it wrong either. Especially if you've completed your own research and have done your own critical thinking / reflection and come to your own conclusions naturally.

    Then that's not a mob. That's a movement.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475757#Comment_1475757

    That doesn't make it wrong either. Especially if you've completed your own research and have done your own critical thinking / reflection and come to your own conclusions naturally.

    Then that's not a mob. That's a movement.

    There's been a bigger movement to delete Spirit. But somehow she still exists.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1194009#Comment_1194009

    Reworked to be stronger??

    You used to need to wiggle until 30% if you weren't the obcesion

    Now you don't

    This rework is needed for a fair balance

    Stronger my arse. You used to get DS'ed 4 times before getting the first hook in the game. There was no prerequisite to using DS. You would have 3-4 gens done before you could get someone on a hook in some games because everyone could DS out before you ever got a freaking hook. This new DS is way, way weaker. It is only strong if the killer is tunneling you. I get DS'ed about twice a week, sometimes upwards of 5 times. It is usually when the survivor is trying to be in my way because they have DS. The only change that is needed is DS should deactivate if you hop in a locker. Sorry, but that is the only real abuse I see. If they hope in my way, I down them and keep going. A slugged players is 2 off the gens. If they hop in a locker, it is merely to try and get me to pull them out for the DS. Disable that function and you have a perk that works fine. Slugging is a fine option if they get dumb.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1194009#Comment_1194009

    Reworked to be stronger??

    You used to need to wiggle until 30% if you weren't the obcesion

    Now you don't

    This rework is needed for a fair balance

    Stronger my arse. You used to get DS'ed 4 times before getting the first hook in the game. There was no prerequisite to using DS. You would have 3-4 gens done before you could get someone on a hook in some games because everyone could DS out before you ever got a freaking hook. This new DS is way, way weaker. It is only strong if the killer is tunneling you. I get DS'ed about twice a week, sometimes upwards of 5 times. It is usually when the survivor is trying to be in my way because they have DS. The only change that is needed is DS should deactivate if you hop in a locker. Sorry, but that is the only real abuse I see. If they hope in my way, I down them and keep going. A slugged players is 2 off the gens. If they hop in a locker, it is merely to try and get me to pull them out for the DS. Disable that function and you have a perk that works fine. Slugging is a fine option if they get dumb.

  • @raulblideran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1194018#Comment_1194018

    leave them alone to do gens? dafuq dude, if I hooked someone else in the mean time I won't let your stupid ass work on a gen in front of me cause you've got a minute to jerk off, sorry but no

    Slug them.

  • I'm literally smiling at the many responses in the defense of DS.

    And to those, I say thank you.

  • First of all, why is anyone even attempting a grab with the current state of hit detection anyways?

    Second, how hard is it to lunge instead of grab someone at a generator/totem?

    Third, why are you crying about not being able to tunnel someone down? Oh, that answered my question.

    Fourth, if you're so worried about DS in the end game, eat the stun before the EGC.

    Fifth, if you want to be a douchebag who tunnels, proxy camp the slug like you most likely proxy camp the hook.

    All that said, DS timer should go down faster or be negated if the survivor actively puts forth progress to the objectives (this does not include healing). Likewise, DS should never deactivate until the survivor touches a gen or a totem. Bam, any sort of abuse problems solved.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475720#Comment_1475720

    And you speak for everyone? That lame anecdotal excuse is hardly worth anything. I can just as easily tell you how many times I've had DS used against me boldly and offensively to singlehandedly win matches where everyone and their mother is running DS so I'm forced to concede pressure and have no means of any kind of counterplay without being pinned in a situation where I'm stunned and have to go through another chase all over again. Hell there's a reason why Scott calls the classic DS-Unbreakable combo "the small pp build"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_vLlMdu1Sc&t=4s

    But note that most of this video talks about Decisive Strike, because by itself Unbreakable isn't as much of a problem as DS is.

    Even if I hadn't thrown up Scott's video to corroborate what I'm saying, anecdotally speaking my word is just as good as yours and therefore that would put us at a standstill.

    On top of that the real difference is, these threads are cropping up because people want to see Decisive changed, not because they want to see it stay the same. Pages full of dozens of comments and hundreds of views, all receiving lots of attention, and many pushing for change.

    It isn't a powerful perk unless it's endgame. Its a 4 second stun. Eat it and kill them.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475773#Comment_1475773

    There's been a bigger movement to delete Spirit. But somehow she still exists.

    Because deleting content of any kind is absolutely dumb and unrealistic, that's definitely a mob. As much as I despise decisive I don't want it to be straight up deleted and removed, it should be reworked into a comfortably balanced state for both sides that's no longer as abusable as it is, but still functions (and functions well) as an anti-tunneling tool.

    @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475732#Comment_1475732

    It isn't a powerful perk unless it's endgame. Its a 4 second stun. Eat it and kill them.

    If it were anywhere near that simple, this thread would not be 5 pages long with over 120 comments on it. Eating the stun is precisely the problem, in too many scenarios you have no choice but to eat the stun but it's not the stun itself that's the problem it's the chase you have to go through afterward. I have no idea why people like you suggest "it's just a 4 second stun" that's absolutely absurd, it's a 4 second stun followed by something like a minimum of a 20 second chase.

    Saying it's just a 4 second stun is absurd because that would imply they are standing still after they decisive which obviously: they. are. not. Taking away all factors like map, and killer and for the sake of my point assuming all killers move at 4.6m/s, even if survivors didn't do any looping or vaulting through windows at all and just ran in a straight line it would take the killer roughly 25 seconds just to catch up to a survivor in a static environment. You can get the same number from this simple equation y = 4x + 16 and y = 4.6x

    y = total distance, x = time, 4 m/s is the movement speed survivors move at plus the 16 meters they moved over the 4 seconds they ran while the killer is standing still stunned. You can put this into a calculator yourself if you wanted to check 116 = 4(25) + 16 and for killer 115 = 4.6(25). Assuming lunge distance is about 1-2 meters which is me just spitballing I'm not actually sure about that number, so give or take maybe a second or two depending on how long a lunge is on your average killer.

    25 seconds. Just to catch up to a survivor running in a perfectly straight line, not even considering how long that survivor manages to run a loop after they decide they finally need to drop a pallet or vault a window to prevent getting hit. 25 seconds (minimum) is more than enough time to get a large chunk of a generator done or multiple if you've got different people working on different gens all at once.

    Boiling it down to the "4 second stun" as if it's hardly anything is once again, mis-labeling the issue and deliberately deceitful.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475817#Comment_1475817

    Because deleting content of any kind is absolutely dumb and unrealistic, that's definitely a mob. As much as I despise decisive I don't want it to be straight up deleted and removed, it should be reworked into a comfortably balanced state for both sides that's no longer as abusable as it is, but still functions (and functions well) as an anti-tunneling tool.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475971#Comment_1475971

    If it were anywhere near that simple, this thread would not be 5 pages long with over 120 comments on it. Eating the stun is precisely the problem, in too many scenarios you have no choice but to eat the stun but it's not the stun itself that's the problem it's the chase you have to go through afterward. I have no idea why people like you suggest "it's just a 4 second stun" that's absolutely absurd, it's a 4 second stun followed by something like a minimum of a 20 second chase.

    Saying it's just a 4 second stun is absurd because that would imply they are standing still after they decisive which obviously: they. are. not. Taking away all factors like map, and killer and for the sake of my point assuming all killers move at 4.6m/s, even if survivors didn't do any looping or vaulting through windows at all and just ran in a straight line it would take the killer roughly 25 seconds just to catch up to a survivor in a static environment. You can get the same number from this simple equation y = 4x + 16 and y = 4.6x

    y = total distance, x = time, 4 m/s is the movement speed survivors move at plus the 16 meters they moved over the 4 seconds they ran while the killer is standing still stunned. You can put this into a calculator yourself if you wanted to check 116 = 4(25) + 16 and for killer 115 = 4.6(25). Assuming lunge distance is about 1-2 meters which is me just spitballing I'm not actually sure about that number, so give or take maybe a second or two depending on how long a lunge is on your average killer.

    25 seconds. Just to catch up to a survivor running in a perfectly straight line, not even considering how long that survivor manages to run a loop after they decide they finally need to drop a pallet or vault a window to prevent getting hit. 25 seconds (minimum) is more than enough time to get a large chunk of a generator done or multiple if you've got different people working on different gens all at once.

    Boiling it down to the "4 second stun" as if it's hardly anything is once again, mis-labeling the issue and deliberately deceitful.

    It's also one time use. If it were both times it would be a problem. You are free to tunnel and kill them once it's gone.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477952#Comment_1477952

    It's also one time use. If it were both times it would be a problem. You are free to tunnel and kill them once it's gone.

    1 time use but you've got 4 people running it at one time in one lobby on a regular basis (made even worse when in combination with unbreakable / adrenaline / etc.). So call it like it is, it's 4x use

1 2 3 4