The Hag being unfun to play against
Literally every hag uses ruin and probably make your choice too.
After they hook someone, they place like 3-5 traps around them.
After that, they proxy camp and keep checking the person on the hook!! So it's literally impossible to crouch walk past all the traps in time and rescue them.
So it's like the only viable option is to rush as much gens as possible and not even attempt to rescue anyone and let probably 2 survivors die.
I hate playing like this.
I just had a game like this and 2 died. Me and another guy escaped but still it was a boring game cause the only thing I did all game... WAS REPAIR GENS. THAT'S IT.
I attempted to save a person but like I said.. It was impossible with how the Hag was playing.
Can we change these types of killers or give survivors more perks or buffs that combat this boring play style?
Literally everyone is tired of this unskilled way of playing. Camping is the most toxic thing and you're making it a more viable strategy by nerfing the ######### out of survivor items.
Genrush is hardly even a thing now. Toolboxes repair like 10% of 1 generator. Survivor items are absolute trash now...
What are the devs thinking??
Comments
While your comments on Items are completely wrong I do agree with the sentiment that Hags are unfun I honestly think that we might have been in the same game yesterday because i played a hag that was just like this and when she realized she was gonna loose she started to face camp the ######### out of one guy and wouldnt even leave when we activated her traps
While I do agree that playing against a camping killer is one of the most frustrating things in Dead by Daylight, it should be pointed out that you are generalizing a bit. Not every Hag plays like this. The play style also depends on the Rank your match was played at.
about the perks
about the gens
99.9% of Hags are too scared to do anything but proxy-camp with traps.
Those who do place traps effectively are still a nightmare and unfun to verse because the trap goes off, my camera is immediately locked on, and I have about half a second before I get hit. Her power is boring BY DESIGN and only counterable by an item that few people bring.
My only issue with hag is unlike trapper, you have no way to disarm (or realistically, even just see) the traps she sets.
The only thing you can do is sprint by to trigger them all and hope either she chases after you to let someone else unhook or she kills a bunch of time resetting her traps, letting everyone else do gens.
Many people bring Flashlights to the game from my experience playing Killer. That her power is boring, yes it is, but Make your Choice doesn't make any sense if you proxy-camp, it probably won't activate. This means you could be able to get a BT save.
You're delusional if you think gen rush is not a thing. You aren't entitled to save everyone.
You've never played against a Hag on The Game or Hawkins maps then....her traps are clear as day on the concrete floor.
That would be dependent on rank, platform and area of play. MYC is purely distance based, but a Hag can hover at about 43m, proc MYC, then move forward a bit and teleport in her base kit. Add any teleport distance add-on and now you don't even have to worry about moving back into range.
Borrowed Time, however is purely based on Terror Radius, meaning that anybody with Undetectable or a shorter Terror radius can simply ignore the BT effect.
Agreed.
Hag doesn't have any way to get Undetectable. If she is outside a 32 meter radius of the Hook, then you should be able to save the hooked Survivor before she catches up. If she's within 24 meters of the Hook (her TR), then BT will come into play.
I'm not considering Add-ons for the sole purpose that it's unlikely that every Hag out there use teleport distance Add-ons, I'm mostly analyzing vanilla gameplay in the Add-on sense.
Fair, there are maps where you can tell exactly where they are but that doesn't fix my main issue with them; there's nothing you can do about them.
If the traps are in the way you and you have no choice but to go through them, that's all you can do. So a lot of hags (smartly for them but annoying and unfun for everyone else) use them to surround hooked people or around the few gen at end game. You should be able to either crouch through them (like your survivor is being careful not to disturb and set off the trap) or flat out eliminate them (pour dirt over it or something and lore say it needed a living organism to trigger it where dirt just does nothing).
Here we go again.
If you want the hag nerfed to oblivion just come out and say it.
She's not even strong. The vast majority of hags get obliterated at red and purple ranks and no-one is able to play her too much before all gens are done.
There is no need for a risk free way to deactivate the killers power.
Then have it give the hag an indication the same way the trapper gets one when a trap is disarmed.
A couple of things:
1) If you run into a bad hag, refer them to my channel since I have a Hag guide that will let them play better. (no more multiple traps at a hook)
2) Every killer can Proxy camp. If she's not leaving, abandon the survivor and do a gen.
3) If you get bored only doing gens, blame the devs.
4) The definition of "Literally" is in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
5) It's easy to beat a Hag... so it sounds like you need more practice.
The bags traps don't injure you in their own, she has to have placed the trap in a way that she can even capitalize a hit off it. You can also crouch over the trap completely, Urban evasion is still a complete counter to her. What you're asking for would make hag worthless, as a prompt would come up everytime you're near her traps and she'd never get any value out of them unless she chases you into them (mind you she moves at 110, she's not a chase killer, like the trapper can be).
Wait...
You can just crouch walk over the traps and not trigger them? I swear I've tried it before but maybe I haven't.
If that is the case, I'm fine with her as is. I essentially just wanted a way to counter her traps. If I can crouch walk over them and not trigger them, I'm perfectly happy with that.
Any killer that roughly has to use corrupt intervention to gain any momentum, isn't OP.
Traps can be disabled with flashlights.
A lot of killers these days begin to camp once 1 or 2 gens are left. 2 escapes and 2 deaths is hardly a massacre. In fact, it's the ratio the devs find ideal.
Oh yea, as long as you crouch walk you're golden
If anything times like these should call for each and every one of us to be respecting The Hag. Give them a knock on their door, ask if they need any help with grocery shopping and keep them upto date and welcome to get in contact with you if they need to. Also advise social distancing measures and remind them to wash their filthy hands for at least 20 seconds frequently.
Remember to take precautions and assume they have devour hope and keep your distance.
You shouldn't be trying to put make it harder for Hags to defend the gens.
Here's a fun trick... Pop a trap on the other side of the map and get her into a chase. Not working? Pop ALL her other traps. Still not working? Well, at that point it's nothing to do with hag any more. Campers gonna camp on whatever killer they play, and if they decide that's the dude whose match they're going to ruin, then that's what they're going to do.
Same goes for baiting the unhook. Or getting a second person in so you can run interference for each other. Crouching isn't the only way to unhook vs hag, it's the way to unhook vs a hag that traps and leaves. If they trap and camp the hook, you handle them like a camper, not like a hag.
And yes, if nothing else works, you do Gens and gtfo. I swear, everyone says killers just want 4ks every match, but it seems like Survivors are absolutely allergic to leaving anyone behind.
Aye, aye, aye... I suppose it was only a matter of time before this Hag-Style got too unfun to play against before someone came into the Forums to say "get rid of it", "nerf it", or "buff this and nerf that". I'm not hating/being dismissive, I'm being genuine, please bare with me. In addition, this will be a somewhat biased statement, because I love Hag, as her and against her.
I'm going to start by listing off her weaknesses that I know and have experienced as a Hag player: (keep in mind, I am a WEB-BASED Hag. I do NOT over-trap hooks, but I will list the weaknesses of the aforementioned Hag plays from above)
These are just the weaknesses that I can think of -- I'm pretty sure I named all of them, but I have likely missed a few. She is a VERY strong killer, but she has many weaknesses which can ultimately make her a very WEAK killer. I understand that she may not be fun to go against, because of the way her power works, but this doesn't necessarily make her a strong killer. Unfun to go against? Yes. But it's not the deciding factor in strength.
Now, I'm going to list off her strengths that I know and have experienced as a Hag Player. Same things apply here as mentioned above for the weaknesses:
The Hag can be a force to reckon with, but like other killers, her downfall is gen pressure. I've noticed that some Hag Players have begun to resort to this camping/proxy camping strategy to ensure their kills/points/what have you, and it does hurt my soul to see it. Often, new Hag players will panic when they notice they're losing generators quickly, despite having to place down traps. So, in consequence, they take to the hook-pressure of the Hag instead. This is unfun, and despite being counterable, it isn't necessarily easily counterable -- ESPECIALLY in solo queues. SWFs, even two-mans, can have an easier time countering it, but for solo players, the Hag can take control of that hooked person, making a save near impossible. I understand that you find her unfun, her power annoying, and everything about her boring, but based on what I've told you about her weaknesses and strengths, I'm hoping to show that the reason a Hag has taken up this gameplay is because of the potential panicked mindset the Hag Player has. All Hags start off this way -- especially if they didn't look into how to play her first. Traps, although easy to understand -- place, procs, teleport, hit -- doesn't mean that webs are known/easily understood or that placing 2+ traps is inefficient.
In addition, the hook-pressure she has, only works if a survivor goes for the save. Camping only goes as far as a teammate's altruism goes. So, if you do as you did and let the hooked player die, she loses. Is it unfun? Yes. The Hag is a different gamestyle-kind of killer, so you won't see a lot of her. Personally, I've only seen 3 Hags in the last 2 months alone. This doesn't count my Hag games, of course. And to no surprise, only one of those three Hags placed Webs. This isn't an excuse to the gameplay, but I digress -- everyone is going to play their own way. If they're having fun, then in the end, that is what they'll focus on.
It's no surprise that Hags go into the game with MYC, but ruin? I don't know about that. Ruin is actually awful on her per my experience, so I don't ever use it. In fact, I'll take Devour Hope over Ruin any day. And Devour Hope relies on me getting hook-pressure.
Survivor items aren't trash -- toolboxes are definitely weaker than before, yes, but they're not useless. I actually prefer them this way, because I can get a gen with 13% or so progress left, done in a hot second (exaggeration of course, but I'm sure my point is clear). I've finished generators in the killer's faces before. Flashlights are still a powerful item in the game, especially for saves and distance, but against the Hag? That makes flashlights even more powerful, because they completely eliminate a Killer's power.
In addition, you point out that every Hag plays like that, but by listing the strengths/weaknesses, I've proved I am one of the Hag players who do not play like this. I know you likely wrote this out of frustration, so I understand, but not every Hag plays like that, and the more survivors don't reward that gamestyle, the more likely the gamestyle will lessen. I'm not saying it will rid of this strategy completely, but I am saying it potentially could.
Lastly, I know you likely wrote this to rant, so I apologize that this is so long of a response. I'm hoping you've calmed down and are still enjoying the game. Hags can be fun to play against, especially when you understand them. I suppose that's why I'm so biased. I understand her, know where her web is, know what she's likely to do, and how she'll do it. However, that is what makes this game, is it not? Learning and adjusting? Basic knowledge becoming adept knowledge.
Anywho, I'll stop with this already chapter-long post, and move on.
(the caps weren't made to exaggerate what I was saying. Certain points were put in caps to highlight them. I could've bolded, but honestly, capitals were way easier lmao)
Is this post from 2020? Because if you find a hag with ruin its because its one of her perks.. and that hex isn't a problem anymore. The devs nerf it to pieces and made the hag cry. Shame on you complaining about her.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- R.I.P Hex: Ruin ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually love to play against and as the hag.
As a survivor she adds a tension, especially if they are a good hag and don't just trap the obvious places like gens or right under the hook, or use quick draw to close off loops. Personally when playing hag i use proximity and range addons, means I don't have to camp. I don't trap under hooks either, i like to trap the various places you'll run to for a heal when you think you're at a safe distance. Works a treat with nurses and Monitor and Abuse.
The hag is quite slow, its why she isn't a chase killer, hence why the camera moves when you pop a trap. As already stated, if you have urban evasion you are golden against the hag, and if your unhook target is smart enough, they will already be crouching while you are lifting them off hook, stops them activating any traps under the hook.
Flashlights work against a hag, but too many in one game is likely to bring out some franklins.
I don't deny there are players that will draw a Hag army under a hook or by a gen, but the real good games are the hags that know how to still scare the s**t out of you because they know where you wont expect a trap when you go for those loops.
Oh god yes! Getting a basement hook from a hag is awful and can have a domino effect even if the Hag isn't camping nearby.
A "couple" of things is not 5 things. Couple means 2.
Very useful in life to have this bit of knowledge. You're welcome. :)
Hag is way more fun to play against than Spirit
Probably should have pointed this out earlier but I'm completely fine with it being in the game.
I think ruin is fine how it is and doesn't need any nerfs.
It does however add to the toxicity of hag when she camps and then occasionally messes up your gen progress so you have a hard time doing gens if you can't find the hex totem and also you can't save whoevers hooked cause she put like 5 traps around them and is camping
That‘s your response?
And in General, i get that some killers can be annoying, almost everyone has killers they dislike. But don‘t expect them to be changed or nerfed just because you don‘t like them.
I do think camping and tunneling should be nerfed in some way down the line, only actual Camping and tunneling of course, because it‘s a terrible strategy to go against, and is to often rewarding for the relatively low skill it takes. But i feel like some other changes have a higher priority right now.
Even though you're joking, he is being serious with his offer. His youtube channel has information to help beat a good hag player, as well as how to play hag well.
Hag is unfun in general, especially when most Hags trap the hell out of a hooked survivor to then teleport and down the saviour with Make Your Choice.
I know but I'm talking about the BAD hag players that put 5 traps on one place then camp the same exact area.
Sure you can try and genrush instead of saving but it's kind of lame and unfun is my point
Hag main before dedi's made her feel sluggish.
Oh god she is super ######### boring to play against, and it doesn't help that 99% of Hags play her like a brainless ape.
The thing with Hag is that she's always been unfun, but never as bad as some of the most unfun killers to play against (helps that she's a very rare sight in the wild).
This game is dead, too many killers are super unfun to play against, too many killers are unfun to play. Abandon the ship while you can, I say.