Survivor base is sliding down hill

As of today's release of patches 75% of the people I am playing with are quitting thanks alot dev's if I am losing so many friends and associates there has to be others as well so I guess maintaining the killers happiness is worth losing a large amount of survivors. Good job you are successful and being honest I was leaving anyway to play resistance when it drops but this has made my decision so much easier.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @siyke26 said:

    As of today's release of patches 75% of the people I am playing with are quitting thanks alot dev's if I am losing so many friends and associates there has to be others as well so I guess maintaining the killers happiness is worth losing a large amount of survivors. Good job you are successful and being honest I was leaving anyway to play resistance when it drops but this has made my decision so much easier.

    Where were your voice as the devs have crush the old Legion-Playerbase with a rework and a ban-wave afterwards on a disastrous way?

    Where were your voice as the devs drived away a small part of the Freddy-Playerbase with the rework?

    Where were your voice as the devs crush the Nurse-Playerbase?

    Where were your voice as the devs drived away many killers with the ruin change?

    You know... I could take you serious, but you haven't complain before as others got hitten... So why should the people that are left from such things give you now a heart?

    Because you are now affected?

    Such things doesn't work this way.

  • Go on Twitch and tell us how many streamers are playing survivor than killers.

  • @siyke26 said:

    All things consider as of today I know survivor side is dropping drastically I ran into the same people 3 games in a row and as killer I ran into same group back to back then a third time a few games later so I don't know what to tell you considering it takes 4 survivors to 1 killer to make a game go I would think that running survivors off would hurt the player base as whole more but what do I know it's only simple math

    They already messed up when Ruin change killed a lot of killers off, why do you think Survivor queues take forever

  • This is a sad thread.




    Sad to see that it's just like the other complaint threads that will make no difference.

  • @siyke26 said:

    It is quit funny but you killer mains don't understand if survivors quit who are you going kill and complain about I for one will be happy to see this game fail if not just for satisfaction of the killer mains got what they wanted and the survivors decided that game wasn't worth playing anymore

    It's even funnier that you survivors don't understand that if we don't play you don't have a game. Considering you only need 1 of us and your still waiting 20 mins for a match. What does that tell you about the amount of killer players? Were the ones being driven away with all these one sides updates. This patch didn't do jack ######### for us.

    Your tool boxes got nerfed, well ruin got nerfed first. You don't even need tool boxes to gen rush. A lot of weak killers needed ruin. There was a reason it was used most matches. They chopped off your pinkie toe while we lost a leg.

    We got a new killer.....whoopee. A weaker version of an existing killer who is full of bugs and our ptb feedback was ignored.

    Gearhead and hangman's trick got nerfed. Meanwhile your sabo didn't get any adjustments.

    What did we gain from this? Breakable walls? In one room on only one map and by the time we break it you can run to another pallet. Yeah, fair trade -.-

    Your the reason I don't play anymore. I want to have fun but people like you whine to the devs for unreasonable nerfs. You take away all the fun when I play this game and now your complaining I'm not around for you to bully. Enjoy your que times. You made it this way :P

    See you on Doom Eternal and RE3

  • For the next week or so the killer queue times will change due to everyone wanting to play Deathslinger. This is normal as the killer is always the most unique part of any DLC. It will stabilise as always.

    The changes go survivors of late have been warranted the same as killers a s what the devs are trying to do it get some common ground on things that slow down the game and speed it up too much.

    Some killers have always camped and tunnelled and why DS was changes and survivors have the likes of BT and unbreakable.

    When changes happen what has always happened is it takes time for the playerbase to adapt. This is why I never ran certain things.

    I never take in items unless it's for a challenge, I very rarely run exhaustion perks and I have never used DS. Much like i never ran Ruin, used omega blink etc. The point is relying on things which can and will change for the sake of is what seems to upset players more than anything else.

    We should have a baseline skill level without relying on anything. Perks, items and offering should be there to change up play and aid a little in the game without having to rely on them as that artificially makes you feel like you are doing better. If you remove the things you uae and need that only shows it was what you are using that was making you feel like you were doing well.

  • @just_a_noob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/136281/survivor-base-is-sliding-down-hill

    i'm in the same situation but most of the people i know started leaving once ruin was nerfed and the match making got really bad. it was kind of the last straw for them. a lot of people have said that they are only staying because there's no game like dbd out there at the moment. well that may not be the case much longer. i'm also leaving once project resistance comes out in april.

    Pretty much all my friends quit back when they killed nurse

  • Is this bait? They legitmately buffed survivors. I literally have more friends coming to the game now than I did before. I don't think both are because of the same reason, but I don't see the game losing any survivors from the recent buffs.

  • @siyke26 said:

    As of today's release of patches 75% of the people I am playing with are quitting thanks alot dev's if I am losing so many friends and associates there has to be others as well so I guess maintaining the killers happiness is worth losing a large amount of survivors. Good job you are successful and being honest I was leaving anyway to play resistance when it drops but this has made my decision so much easier.

    Bait

  • @siyke26 said:

    It is quit funny but you killer mains don't understand if survivors quit who are you going kill and complain about I for one will be happy to see this game fail if not just for satisfaction of the killer mains got what they wanted and the survivors decided that game wasn't worth playing anymore

    No, I don't think you understand. Before this patch no one played killer as every killer was being dragged into red/purple rank games regardless of their own rank. Toolboxes are still fine and actually have another good use now. I'm sorry you aren't having a good time, but I'll be honest if you are all dying in every game you need to reevaluate how you're doing objectives.

  • image.png

    22 days to go 🤗

  • Hi. Why are some survivor players unhappy?

  • I haven't seen a decline in survivors at all personally. The game is stable as it has been. People will always claim that Killers/Survivors are leaving en mass. Though would you like to say why you and your friends are unhappy?

  • @siyke26 said:

    It is quit funny but you killer mains don't understand if survivors quit who are you going kill and complain about I for one will be happy to see this game fail if not just for satisfaction of the killer mains got what they wanted and the survivors decided that game wasn't worth playing anymore

    As if Killers haven't been saying the same thing for weeks as survivor queue times have gotten longer and longer. The devs just need to do a map overhaul and satisfy everyone. Good survivors will still be good, and good Killers won't have to be sweaty.

  • @siyke26 said:

    It is quit funny but you killer mains don't understand if survivors quit who are you going kill and complain about I for one will be happy to see this game fail if not just for satisfaction of the killer mains got what they wanted and the survivors decided that game wasn't worth playing anymore

    I'm pretty sure Killer mains have been in that position alot earlier and a whole lot more frequent. You're probably right that less killers and Survivors will play down the line but that's where cross platform comes in. I want my SCISSORMAN and Matilda chapter before then.

  • oh boi just leave already . we , "the killer mains" wont miss you at all . also the game has 42 000 players atm ,THE MOST PLAYERS It ever had , so yeah the game is not dying any time soon

  • I swear i never would read the devs are biased to killer.


    I just wanna say that. OP feelings are his, and a right to have his oppions.

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150551#Comment_1150551

    I love that game. Im actually dropping dbd for awhile next month when resident evil 3 launches

    Me too but not because of nerfs/buffs just because i don't like the direction the game has gone this year. Also keep an eye out for Predator a few weeks later.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150629#Comment_1150629

    Don't be going around spreading false information brother, if you're saying toolboxes are "useless" I suggest trying sabo. Unless you're upset that you can't end a game in 5 minutes. Also you're complaining about The Deathslinger having an accurate hit-box? From my experience I haven't seen anything that would seem like a BS hit, in fact I feel like I get hits stolen from me/from the killer more (mind you I usually play with 50ms on PC). You say The Doctor is a huge pain? Don't play his game, you can't loop him. (funny because a lot of survivors still don't realize this) Drop the pallet early instead. And the fact that you say killers have to "unite" to get things nerfed.. Lets see... the only instance I can think of is MoM, which we have are own fair share, Freddy got nerfed in about a week into his release when he wasn't even that strong, meanwhile MoM was OP as all hell, it was literally a "get out of jail free" card that couldn't be countered in any way if you were an M1 killer. You HAD to deal with it. It took almost 3 years for DS to be reworked and its even STRONGER than before. Before we could at least juggle and have Enduring to counter. Now? The survivor is invincible for a whole minute with nothing to counter it. The syringe took 3 years to be nerfed but to compensate, they buffed the styptic. And now toolboxes, you didn't need them in the first place, survivors can already end a game in 5 minutes if they're efficient. If anything survivors cry more for killer nerfs if you ask me, the longest thing that lasted was The Nurse, the only issue she had was her add ons and they still touched her base kit. People were fine with The Spirit at first until tons of people grew hate boners for her and they nerfed her as well, they nerfed The Oni from PTB, and then nerfed him AGAIN (He is how ever, in a better spot now) They nerfed Ruin, they nerfed Hangman's (which I'm fine with, it was strong af) and hopefully thats the end of it. The game is still not balanced but if you think killers have it easy, you're dead wrong bud. I'm not saying survivors have it easy either, both sides have their fair share of frustrating things. But don't make it seem like its only one side.

    I'd also argue that a lot of the more frustrating and overpowered killer things make games end so fast that the killer won't pip, which means if you can get to higher ranks you're not going to see stupid things like Redhead's Pinky Finger Clown, or Iridescent Head Huntress, etc.

  • @siyke26 said:

    As of today's release of patches 75% of the people I am playing with are quitting thanks alot dev's if I am losing so many friends and associates there has to be others as well so I guess maintaining the killers happiness is worth losing a large amount of survivors. Good job you are successful and being honest I was leaving anyway to play resistance when it drops but this has made my decision so much easier.

    They messed up the toolboxes so bad i don't want to play anymore. 75% of the matches i play i have to turn on like 3 gens to have a chance and now my purple box dissapears after a quarter use on a gen with somebody helping me! There is 0 point to using toolboxes now.

    Why fix stuff that isn't broken. The Killers have so many advantages already! I love this game so it makes me sad to say goodbye but it's like taking a football game you been playing for years and changing a major rule like the line can't block for the QB or RB anymore! It's like WHAT?

  • @fcc2014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150608#Comment_1150608

    Me too but not because of nerfs/buffs just because i don't like the direction the game has gone this year. Also keep an eye out for Predator a few weeks later.

    Thats only for ps4 and pc i think

  • Yeah i'm on Ps4 i assumed you were also since you mentioned Re3

  • @Killianravenmist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150674#Comment_1150674

    u must be a whiny killer main go cry to your mommy to buy u more dlc

    I'm a grown man. You talk reeeal tough on a keyboard kid... Bet you'd ######### your pants and run crying to your mommy if we were face to face. Show a lil respect punk.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1152137#Comment_1152137

    Yeah i'm on Ps4 i assumed you were also since you mentioned Re3

    I play mainly on xbox

  • @siyke26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150794#Comment_1150794

    Look we are not going to agree on anything here so don't waste your time your clearly a killer main entitled to your 4k so it's fine I understand I like 4k to but it's not needed to make me feel adequate

    Instead of calling me an entitled killer main (which is funny, I have most of my hours on survivor), how about you counter my arguments? Because so far you have yet to defend your arguments.

  • @tehshadowman33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150732#Comment_1150732

    I'd also argue that a lot of the more frustrating and overpowered killer things make games end so fast that the killer won't pip, which means if you can get to higher ranks you're not going to see stupid things like Redhead's Pinky Finger Clown, or Iridescent Head Huntress, etc.

    Straight facts bud

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150786#Comment_1150786

    I threw down a pallet and my character just stood there. I've seen pc lag switchers, and my game had the exact same type of "lag", not what you described

    You are aware that it is impossible to lag switch atm right? If you froze at that pallet that's your OWN connection, not the killers.

  • The survivors base is dropping out or switching roles. Know how I know? Simple. Before yesterday I played 75% killer 25% survivor and the killer Q times were always instant or a few minutes wait sometimes in the A.M. I played killer and survivor today and Q times for survivor were quicker! The killers I played against seemed much more toxic than usual and hook camped mostly and survivors I played acted very noobish. Is there a role reversal taking place? I only played 2 killer matches today and the rest survivor, maybe 15 matches total . This is on the PS4 console btw.

  • @GreezyWeezy said:

    The survivors base is dropping out or switching roles. Know how I know? Simple. Before yesterday I played 75% killer 25% survivor and the killer Q times were always instant or a few minutes wait sometimes in the A.M. I played killer and survivor today and Q times for survivor were quicker! The killers I played against seemed much more toxic than usual and hook camped mostly and survivors I played acted very noobish. Is there a role reversal taking place? I only played 2 killer matches today and the rest survivor, maybe 15 matches total . This is on the PS4 console btw.

    I bet in a few weeks, the survivor que times will be again as before.

    Imo, the most people just want to play now the new killer, but a new killer can't feel new for forever. So people will go back and play survivor after they have enough of him, or have done his steam achievments (if he has any?).

    I have nothing read in the patch notes that would clearly satisfy killers and/or survs, besides survivors that have always love to sabotage and trapper and maybe plague mains (if there still exist any plague mains - must be a dying out species).

    Imo, the majority of killers will feel as before and the survivors that have not give a crap about sabotaging before will also feel the same as before, after the people have enough of the new killer and stop playing him, besides the few people that will choose him as their new main.

  • @siyke26 said:

    Nothing is going to get done either way I could go through the list of changes starting with how the tool boxes are basically useless now or how they added another ranged killer with improvement to hit boxes so they shooting people around corners and what have you. The doctor was already a huge pain in the bum and they just made it even worse. The problem is if the killer mains out there decide that something is too good for survivors to have they unite to get it removed and the survivor don't get any compensation for it the loss.

    What is the compasation we got when they change ruin because i still cant find them so can you help me plz

1 2 ›