Unpopular opinion: the entire goal of the nurse rework was to make people stop playing her

That’s it the devs wanted people to stop playing her, and they did just that. So many people stopped playing her it’s so sad. She already took so much skill to use, then her addons which were arguably crutch got butchered into meme addons, and DONT even get me started on that long Ass cool down it’s ridiculous. Not to mention all her BUGS THERES SO MANY NURSE BUGS OH MY GOD FIX THEM PLEASE.

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145510#Comment_1145510

    The claim was "the whole goal was to reduce usage of the Nurse". That was not the goal. Whether or not that's what's happened is a different question. :)

    Actual question here: When you devs tested the reworked addons and base kit, did you guys actually think the “the new” nurse was fun? I mean look at the addons lol

  • I also think that the nurse plays now a little bit bumpy (idk if i can use that word for that context).

    But yet, the nurse is still overpowered in the right hands, you can not deny that.

    So rather complaining about Nurse nerf, lets figure out a way to actually make her fun and playable for more people.

    Her problem is, that she is too hard for most people apparently (low winrate but great potential), how to make her more easy but dont break at the same time?

  • If people mastered her before the rework they are still doing great and she is still the best killer in the game in their hands.

    If people didn't mastered her before, she is terrible.

    I'm in the second category and without addons before i could have 2-3 kills, now it's rare that i even get 1. A survivor running straight can outrun you while you wait for your two blinks to come back. And sometimes even if you blink right in their back and lunge, the hit doesn't register and you get fatigue...

  • I doubt they wanted that.

    Her power still is very strong that's not the problem with nurse, the problem is that She's unfun to play, You can tell this because even pre nerf not many people would play her even though she was by far the strongest killer in the game. Post nerf she's just miserable, still strong but very unfun.

    This is just a design issue, I feel like nurse needs a rework. Her power of teleporting trough objects makes her strong by default in order to balance this she needed some negatives but sadly the negatives impact the fun of playing her greatly. You're slow, You're constantly going to be stunned, Looking at the ground and having your screen go dark, and if You miss a blink your heavily punished.

    I hope that's not the last nurse update we see because right now she's in a pretty bad spot in my opinion, Survivors still don't like her and anyone who isn't great with her definitely doesn't like her either.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145510#Comment_1145510

    The claim was "the whole goal was to reduce usage of the Nurse". That was not the goal. Whether or not that's what's happened is a different question. :)

    All this aside ok, ruin was not fun for new survivors, now nurse isn't fun to play at all. Why havent you at least addressed this? Legit legacy nurses have left nurse due to how painfully unfun she is, and other nurse mains only use double cooldown add ons (ardetha).

    I really want to believe its not a bias but it is so clearly a bias towards survivor its unreal. The thing is all you have to do to make her fun is remove the 3 second cooldown and shes literally perfect, but all it seems you have done is push her to the side and ignore her.

    But the absolute MOMENT killers have something even a tiny bit obnoxious that really isn't a problem but benefits the killer gameplay immensely its nerfed pretty much instantly. Freddy, Pig, Legion, spirit, oni, demos portals at the exit etc.

  • @Almo

    I'd have to agree that it feels like the whole point of Nurse rework was to reduce her usage, I wouldn't say that she's was really "nerfed", but it's sure as hell boring to play as her.

    It's just not satisfying anymore. Like, ok, you go for a 2 blink hit, you hit the survivor, he gets a sprint burst and runs away. Now after your fatigue is done, you're forced to awkwardly look at the survivor for 4 seconds without the ability to do anything at all. And it pisses me off, it's very boring, she's my 2nd most boring killer to play as after her "addon rework" with the most boring one being Hag.

    Both of these killer are really powerfull, but they're not F U N to play as.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Learn to play.

    id love to see you play her with how much you talk.

  • @Kai6864 said:

    She’s not bad now, still playable but what really kills me is that pallets are now a threat to her. You take the pallet stun, in which you are immobile, then you have a split second of immobility and your vision is going back to normal, THEN you take the fatigue, in which you have severely reduced movement speed and vision. Old nurse just blinked on through a pallet and wasn’t affected by the stun, the good old days.

    The double stun you are describing is most likely a bug. And nothing has changed how stunnable a Nurse is. Even old Nurse could be stunned when finishing her blink for her strike and new Nurse can still blink through a pallet stun. Pallets where newer 100% safe for Nurse as some people thought. Even though that barely matters against experienced Nurse players, who could play around it.

  • If you want, you can run to your mother by crying. @Almo As he said, this was not the goal. The nurse was very strong and her power was abused. The killer's power was beginning to be seen as a challenge. The survivors were tired of crawling on the ground like slugs in every game. So argue as much as you want, but the nurse is still strong actually nerf needs to come, but we will not exaggerate. There will be no change for the nurse anymore. Forget this!

    The developers have done a very important job in this regard. If you don't really want to play this game, you can go with the door open.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145294#Comment_1145294

    That's rather convincing given the fact that she has game breaking bugs that have 0 announcements to getting fixed.

    The agreement was a REWORK to her addons, then your Development team went ahead and gave her a Cooldown Bar on top of her fatigue.

    After the complaints were satiated, all Nurse mains vanished and the kill rate dropped by an alarming rate.

    She's the only killer I have as P3,

    https://imgur.com/yy0Vkuj

    The only killer I've ever cared about, the only one I've ever bothered learning, she's the reason for my defection from Console to PC.

    I've been staying at Rank 15, and 16 as opposed to my long ago Rank 3-5 because I cannot compete with survivors anymore. The Red bar has ruined her, the only killer I've literally cared about has been emasculated. I understand the kill rate was staggering, I understand she was broken at times with some addons but this rework has not been beneficial and I'm sure you've seen some empathetic posts around the forums due to the fact that her rework has left her crippled. I don't care about her addons, I did not care much for her addons back in the day either since I only used Faster Blinking speed addons. Now I find myself using the same 2 addons just to keep up with survivors.

    I miss her, I miss going against Nurses who were curious enough to learn her. Now it seems like the once reigning Queen is merely but a jester in a court of survivors.

    the kill rate dropped by an alarming rate

    Were did you get this information from? We have only gotten stats on kill rate one time

    Plus, you guys insist all the time those stats arent reliable, but only when trying to discuss +60% kill rate. Maybe a bit of topic, but jesus, thats one hell of a way of ignoring things when they dont fit your narrative.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145510#Comment_1145510

    The claim was "the whole goal was to reduce usage of the Nurse". That was not the goal. Whether or not that's what's happened is a different question. :)

    I see. We didn't intend reduce her usage, but if people stop playing because we nerfed her into the ground, well that's just a bonus ;), but it totally wasn't intentional.

  • I bet they fix her breath speed bug like by next update- but leave the blink bug in that we have trying to get fixed for almost a year now.

    Calling it now.

  • @Freudentrauma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144399#Comment_1144399

    The double stun you are describing is most likely a bug. And nothing has changed how stunnable a Nurse is. Even old Nurse could be stunned when finishing her blink for her strike and new Nurse can still blink through a pallet stun. Pallets where newer 100% safe for Nurse as some people thought. Even though that barely matters against experienced Nurse players, who could play around it.

    It’s a bug? I’ve been getting it really consistently on PS4. Whew was gunna say

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1141167#Comment_1141167

    So it's not 6 seconds of a cooldown. Its 3 seconds of fatigue, which you got before the changes ANYWAY, and then 2 or 3 of a cooldown.

    I play nurse as well as the rest. Which is why I know it's not a 6bsecond cooldown. You're counting 3 seconds that existed before the cooldown was even added.

    Also the immense amount of 😆😆😆😂😂😂😆 tells me you dont have an actual response.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1141171#Comment_1141171

    I can tell you assume what people do and dont play.

    I do play nurse, as well as everyone else. And it's not a 6 second cooldown. It's a 3 or 3.5 stun, which she ALWAYS GOT, and a 2 or 3 second cooldown in which you're already gaining your first blink back ANYWAY.

    Also, if you have survivors knowing where you're going to teleport, you're doing it wrong. I know because while I'm not a GOOD nurse, I do understand how she works, and have SEEN AND LOST to good nurses.

    Your "handy dandy image" is there and helpful for .5 seconds. Nice side argument though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1141173#Comment_1141173

    What an impressive addition to the conversation. Oh wait. It's not. It's you two being an echo chamber because you want to say that 3 seconds of fatigue (which isnt new) + 3 seconds of cooldown (which you have two charges) = 6 second cooldown on every blink.

    I cant explain logic to people who just want to argue for the sake of it.

    Enjoy your broken logic sweeties. I can see why this community is so full of misinformation now.

    even if what you say is true theres still the fact that this killer is way to difficult to play and is too punishing for any mistakes made from missing a blink, because of this NO ONE other than super dedicated players to learning nurse and people who already had a good grasp on her will actually play her and try to learn her. Hell in reality she is really only playable on PC and even on PC new players will not try to learn her after their first 2 or 3 games.

    Having a good and hard killer is one thing but having a killer who is so difficult to learn that barely anyone will put the time into her and stick with her, Is way too punishing for mistakes, and is only actually playable on one system out of four is another.

  • I don't know what their intent was, but it's obvious the devs have no clue how to balance her (which isn't surprising).

  • @Raven9 said:

    If you want, you can run to your mother by crying. @Almo As he said, this was not the goal. The nurse was very strong and her power was abused. The killer's power was beginning to be seen as a challenge. The survivors were tired of crawling on the ground like slugs in every game. So argue as much as you want, but the nurse is still strong actually nerf needs to come, but we will not exaggerate. There will be no change for the nurse anymore. Forget this!

    The developers have done a very important job in this regard. If you don't really want to play this game, you can go with the door open.

    I take it you've never actually sat down and played a match or two as her in higher ranks, since you believe she still needs to be nerfed.

    I take it you think Bubba needs to be nerfed as well, because his power can be 'abused' by basement camping.

  • That's exactly why they did it. Just like people who couldn't hit skill checks. When you add a cool down on top of fatigue, you know what you're doing. The funny part is the rationale that nerfs make a killer "better."

  • I would just ignore him all I see him do is poke at other forum users every then they complain about something

  • @Raven9 said:

    If you want, you can run to your mother by crying. @Almo As he said, this was not the goal. The nurse was very strong and her power was abused. The killer's power was beginning to be seen as a challenge. The survivors were tired of crawling on the ground like slugs in every game. So argue as much as you want, but the nurse is still strong actually nerf needs to come, but we will not exaggerate. There will be no change for the nurse anymore. Forget this!

    The developers have done a very important job in this regard. If you don't really want to play this game, you can go with the door open.

    No. Base kit was fine... addons needed to go

  • The dumb cool down + the bugs the devs refuse to fix makes her such a chore to play

    Which is probably what the devs want tbh

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1146254#Comment_1146254

    I take it you've never actually sat down and played a match or two as her in higher ranks, since you believe she still needs to be nerfed.

    I take it you think Bubba needs to be nerfed as well, because his power can be 'abused' by basement camping.

    I no longer want to argue about such issues. I don't care what you say anymore.

  • @Raven9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1146828#Comment_1146828

    I no longer want to argue about such issues. I don't care what you say anymore.

    He’s right lmao, I can wipe any other team but as soon as I’m paired with a rank 1 swf I instantly lose because they are so glued to gens lmao imagine waiting 10 minutes for a match if ur just gonna fat hold m1 LOL

  • @hex_genrush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147689#Comment_1147689

    He’s right lmao, I can wipe any other team but as soon as I’m paired with a rank 1 swf I instantly lose because they are so glued to gens lmao imagine waiting 10 minutes for a match if ur just gonna fat hold m1 LOL

    I'm playing Legion as m1 but unfortunately I don't complain about it like you.

  • @hex_genrush said:

    That’s it the devs wanted people to stop playing her, and they did just that. So many people stopped playing her it’s so sad. She already took so much skill to use, then her addons which were arguably crutch got butchered into meme addons, and DONT even get me started on that long Ass cool down it’s ridiculous. Not to mention all her BUGS THERES SO MANY NURSE BUGS OH MY GOD FIX THEM PLEASE.

    still to this day I don't agree with the changes on the base kit, yes she needed a add-on rework, but the base kit was fine the way it was honestly

  • @Raven9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147961#Comment_1147961

    I'm playing Legion as m1 but unfortunately I don't complain about it like you.

    Last time I checked legion doesn’t have game breaking bugs

  • @hex_genrush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147965#Comment_1147965

    Last time I checked legion doesn’t have game breaking bugs

    I will not ask you when was the last time you played Legion. Unfortunately, Legion's power isn't enough to slow the game down, u can easily escape 4/4.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I bet they fix her breath speed bug like by next update- but leave the blink bug in that we have trying to get fixed for almost a year now.

    Calling it now.

    Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse's Spasmodic breath to infinitely increases base movement speed if the killer lunges as the timer runs out.

    Turns out you were right.

    Props to you dude.

    @Almo

    Thank you!

    How could anybody think you guys have a bias right?

    Oh look ######### nurse broken since we updated reworked made slight adjustments. Nobody of you gave a ######### about the bugs reported since then. Suddenly a bug appears that ruins the fun of people who are not dumb enough to still play nurse.

    Am I surprised you did not bother to fix any of the rest that was reported since your slight adjustments? Gave you guys the benefit of the doubt but actions just speak louder than words. Probably you are not even responsible but I have to vent at this point and I am completely disappointed by all of you @bhvr who did not bother to fix the mess you guys created. From this point on forwards, i will gift friends anything else even when they wish for stuff from you guys.

  • She is a torture to yourself. If you want stress and sickness, go play her for a while.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1146684#Comment_1146684

    Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse's Spasmodic breath to infinitely increases base movement speed if the killer lunges as the timer runs out.

    Turns out you were right.

    Props to you dude.

    @Almo

    Thank you!

    How could anybody think you guys have a bias right?

    Oh look ######### nurse broken since we updated reworked made slight adjustments. Nobody of you gave a ######### about the bugs reported since then. Suddenly a bug appears that ruins the fun of people who are not dumb enough to still play nurse.

    Am I surprised you did not bother to fix any of the rest that was reported since your slight adjustments? Gave you guys the benefit of the doubt but actions just speak louder than words. Probably you are not even responsible but I have to vent at this point and I am completely disappointed by all of you @bhvr who did not bother to fix the mess you guys created. From this point on forwards, i will gift friends anything else even when they wish for stuff from you guys.

    I just noticed that too.

    They managed to fix one bug rapidly but ignored the rest. There is no bias here.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1149244#Comment_1149244

    I just noticed that too.

    They managed to fix one bug rapidly but ignored the rest. There is no bias here.

    My poor girl 😭

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1146684#Comment_1146684

    Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse's Spasmodic breath to infinitely increases base movement speed if the killer lunges as the timer runs out.

    Turns out you were right.

    Props to you dude.

    @Almo

    Thank you!

    How could anybody think you guys have a bias right?

    Oh look ######### nurse broken since we updated reworked made slight adjustments. Nobody of you gave a ######### about the bugs reported since then. Suddenly a bug appears that ruins the fun of people who are not dumb enough to still play nurse.

    Am I surprised you did not bother to fix any of the rest that was reported since your slight adjustments? Gave you guys the benefit of the doubt but actions just speak louder than words. Probably you are not even responsible but I have to vent at this point and I am completely disappointed by all of you @bhvr who did not bother to fix the mess you guys created. From this point on forwards, i will gift friends anything else even when they wish for stuff from you guys.

    It ruins the fun for survivors

  • @Almo said:

    I promise the reason for the rework was not to make people stop playing her.

    That is what was accomplished.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I bet they fix her breath speed bug like by next update- but leave the blink bug in that we have trying to get fixed for almost a year now.

    Calling it now.

    LOL CHECK THE PATCH NOTES BUD. I knew it was gonna happen too don't worry.

  • I used to be a nurse main. USED to be...

  • @Almo said:

    I promise the reason for the rework was not to make people stop playing her.

    And how can you prove that? It's already the second time you guys nerfed the poor nurse, the first time it really was necessary but this second was a bit too much

1 2 ›