Do Devs want to Keep IRI HEAD in the game?

Why is Huntresses 1 shot hatchets still a thing in the game?

are we only seeing survivor sided major nerfs to stuff that were considered OP?

is this game lowkey leaning towards killers favouring patches?

with not a single cell in my brain telling me to be biased to one side ! but Honest to god it feels like this game is catering killers blatantly.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Iri hatchets only need to lock you at 1 hatchet, permanently. That is the only change they need.

  • I'm not a fan of facing the Iri heads. I don't think anyone is. If I was to nerf it I would make it like the Deathslinger's ultra rare.

    If you hit your target from 15 meters away or more they go down instantly.

    There. Perfect.

  • I’m doubtful. When they give Huntress another ultra-rare add-on, Iridescent Head is pretty certainly getting changed. I think it’ll only apply the exposed effect from a certain distance (15-20 meters maybe?). An easy fix.

  • One irredescent that hasn't been changed in years makes them killer sided, lololol.

  • I haven’t seen an Iri Huntress in months. Not an issue.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    I haven’t seen an Iri Huntress in months. Not an issue.

    great logic tbh.. my man hasn't gone against it.. so it's fine

  • @DamienDuff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122889#Comment_1122889

    great logic tbh.. my man hasn't gone against it.. so it's fine

    If it were ridiculously OP then it probably would have been addressed a while back. Prayer Bead Spirit was nerfed and rightfully so. That gen grab build was used by every other Spirit player, and it was way too easy to use.

    Huntress hatchets take a little more skill. If anything I’d just limit to the max amount to 2 instead of 3 (infantry belt).

  • Imagine pretending you go against enough iri head huntress that it's a problem.

  • Iri head isn't an issue.

    All they need to do is remove the ability that she can add hatchets to her belt.

    Complaining about this is like complaining about any killer that has an instadown.

  • @Unicorn said:

    Iri head isn't an issue.

    All they need to do is remove the ability that she can add hatchets to her belt.

    Complaining about this is like complaining about any killer that has an instadown.

    so billy and bubba.. they have isnta downs right?

    so basically their m2 is as OP as an iri head?

    ok I guess you win here im speechlesssssss

  • @DamienDuff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122915#Comment_1122915

    so billy and bubba.. they have isnta downs right?

    so basically their m2 is as OP as an iri head?

    ok I guess you win here im speechlesssssss

    It seems you are the only one crying op on this entire thread.

  • Remember when it only reduced by 2 instead of 4? Such killer sided Devs I tell you what.

  • Have only seen Iri heads in a game about 3 times over the 2 years I’ve been playing. yes they are annoying but it’s not even used enough to make a big deal out of or for the devs to look at changing.

    I would much rather them change/fix the current issues

  • Fairly mild compared to a 4man-SWF group all with DS, BT, DH, Unbreakable, + items and map offerings.

  • @DamienDuff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122915#Comment_1122915

    so billy and bubba.. they have isnta downs right?

    so basically their m2 is as OP as an iri head?

    ok I guess you win here im speechlesssssss

    You referencing Bubba and Billy doesn't change the fact that its the same thing so I guess I do win 💜

  • @Rey_512 said:

    I haven’t seen an Iri Huntress in months. Not an issue.

    Most huntresses won't use them. Not only are they not really fun for either side - people tend to disconnect immediately or just kill themselves on first hook when they learn they are in play.

  • just because its not used often doesnt mean its something that should stay in the game

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122921#Comment_1122921

    It seems you are the only one crying op on this entire thread.

    no need to get cocky no one is crying

    it's not a fair add on and needs to go.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122889#Comment_1122889

    Most huntresses won't use them. Not only are they not really fun for either side - people tend to disconnect immediately or just kill themselves on first hook when they learn they are in play.

    Why don’t people DC against Billy? He’s way better than an Iri Huntress.

    Hatchets can be dodged pretty regularly.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122921#Comment_1122921

    You referencing Bubba and Billy doesn't change the fact that its the same thing so I guess I do win 💜

    100 % same thing going against a billy, which takes some skill and going against 1 hatchet huntress

    youre either new in the game to not know that theres a huge difference or youre just trolling

  • @DamienDuff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122932#Comment_1122932

    100 % same thing going against a billy, which takes some skill and going against 1 hatchet huntress

    youre either new in the game to not know that theres a huge difference or youre just trolling

    Skill isn't a legit argument, considering you have to actually hit your target and only have ONE chance to. Try again.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122947#Comment_1122947

    Skill isn't a legit argument, considering you have to actually hit your target and only have ONE chance to. Try again.

    you have 3 chances if you mean huntress. unless you mean billy which you need to close the gap with the survivor first before downing them with an insta down

    meaning going through loops and windows and #########.

    hence huntress takes less effort hence you're really bad at this game to not know billy has a fair instadown unlike huntress

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122947#Comment_1122947

    Skill isn't a legit argument, considering you have to actually hit your target and only have ONE chance to. Try again.

    huntresses usually have 3 chances , unless you meant billy then you gotta close the gap with the survivor first, going through loops and windows and #########

    then you can instadown them if you hit your saw.

    unlike huntress. so just learn the game first before comparing billies m2 to huntresses 1 tapps

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122934#Comment_1122934

    Why don’t people DC against Billy? He’s way better than an Iri Huntress.

    Hatchets can be dodged pretty regularly.

    I'm addressing why you don't often see huntresses using iri heads (with infantry belt because if iri is in use almost every time a belt is also used), but we'll answer this as well. Why the hell not. First off people do DC against Billy, usually if they get steamrolled by him in the first seconds of a match. Billy cannot punish loops and vaults like a good huntress can. Good huntresses can also pick you off from a decent distance and you won't hear the hatchet coming like you would a Billy until it is too late. Lastly while you and I can dodge them 'pretty regularly' depending on the skill of the huntress - a lot of people cannot.

  • idk bout you, I just die on the hook asap, even run up to the killer to die quickly.

    "Good job killer, you won, good use of that add on."

    And then you move on to a match actually worth playing.

  • The ones who want Iri Head to stay at 3 are the ones who use it regularly. If a Huntress is even decent, the Iri Heads will absolutely steamroll your team.

  • Are people still crying about a killer with only one ultra rare add-on that forces you to equip a rare add-on to make the ultra worth a damn? How entitled can survs get? Just ask the devs to eliminate the dying state while you're at it. It takes actual skill to hit one and not running up for a melee attack.

  • @DamienDuff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122951#Comment_1122951

    huntresses usually have 3 chances , unless you meant billy then you gotta close the gap with the survivor first, going through loops and windows and #########

    then you can instadown them if you hit your saw.

    unlike huntress. so just learn the game first before comparing billies m2 to huntresses 1 tapps

    I know the game very well and I know that Billy hitting me with his chainsaw is about the same probability of Huntress hitting me with one hatchet. Maybe you need to stop assuming I don't know the game and look at it from a realistic point of view. Also, if you read my first comment, I said they need to remove the fact that she can add multiple hatchets. Your argument is invalid at this point.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122946#Comment_1122946

    I'm addressing why you don't often see huntresses using iri heads (with infantry belt because if iri is in use almost every time a belt is also used), but we'll answer this as well. Why the hell not. First off people do DC against Billy, usually if they get steamrolled by him in the first seconds of a match. Billy cannot punish loops and vaults like a good huntress can. Good huntresses can also pick you off from a decent distance and you won't hear the hatchet coming like you would a Billy until it is too late. Lastly while you and I can dodge them 'pretty regularly' depending on the skill of the huntress - a lot of people cannot.

    Huntress is 110 and can only have 3 max Iri Heads at once. Let’s say she downs her first survivor with 1... if all other 3 survivors are on gens she either goes strictly to another survivor who can potentially waste her remaining two or she reloads first and wastes time.

  • @Mtom912 said:

    Pretty sure they haven’t said much about iri head, from what I’ve seen was Peanits suggesting it was only a insta down when the survivor is X metres away, so a huntress can’t just hug survivors for insta downs

    24 meters should do it.

  • Either make it so that only headshots or shots over 24-28 meters instadown survivors. That would be an easy and fair fix.

  • I were to give it any changes I would say.


    Restricted to one hatchet no matter what it will override any other add-on. You can increase the wind-up time or anything else like that but you cannot give yourself more hatchets.


    Or give it something similar to the death Slinger you have to hit someone from a certain range for them to instantly go down and if that's the case then I probably bump it up to three hatchets base

  • @anotherday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122999#Comment_1122999

    Same killers who cried about instant heals. Using iri head take no skill at all.

    I think I might have "cried" about insta heals up until the point I discovered moris. Try playing Huntress on consoles against red ranks in the current meta then come back and talk to me about how it takes no skill to hit someone with a hatchet.

  • @DamienDuff said:

    Why is Huntresses 1 shot hatchets still a thing in the game?

    are we only seeing survivor sided major nerfs to stuff that were considered OP?

    is this game lowkey leaning towards killers favouring patches?

    with not a single cell in my brain telling me to be biased to one side ! but Honest to god it feels like this game is catering killers blatantly.

    Are you joking? Tell me you're joking. Survivor nerfs?!?! Survivors are getting a nerf to toolboxes, which barely even qualifies as a nerf. In exchange, you're getting sabo where every hook in the game is already at 99%.

    The last several killer nerfs have been game changing and survivors got the benefit, so don't gripe about an easily dodged ultra rare add on.

  • @DBD_Pinhead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1123171#Comment_1123171

    I think I might have "cried" about insta heals up until the point I discovered moris. Try playing Huntress on consoles against red ranks in the current meta then come back and talk to me about how it takes no skill to hit someone with a hatchet.

    I was a Huntress main and even when i was inexperienced with her, I would demolish teams with Iri Head. Keep in mind this is PS4 too. It isn't hard to win with Iri Head when you have 3 shots. It should stay an instadown, but only if you hit them at like 24M.

  • @DamienDuff said:

    Why is Huntresses 1 shot hatchets still a thing in the game?

    are we only seeing survivor sided major nerfs to stuff that were considered OP?

    is this game lowkey leaning towards killers favouring patches?

    with not a single cell in my brain telling me to be biased to one side ! but Honest to god it feels like this game is catering killers blatantly.

    Lmao this is one of the biggest yellow rank moods I've ever seen. Time to hit you with a ruin vibe skill check, oh wait, you guys got it nerfed after enough crying and sending salty messages to the killers. Seriously though, drop the entitled attitude and actually look into the real balancing issues instead of ranting about something that happened due to your lack of skill. The recent patches are nothing but survivor buffs ffs. The killer "buffs" are literally just quality of life changes, with the exception of breakable walls, which good survivors won't even worry about since almost every map has more than one jungle gym and safe pallets. And the recent patches before this one were literally all killer nerfs with survivors being unscathed. Freddy's slow down add-ons got nerfed. Oni's flick was reduced to console level of mobility. Before that, Nurse got nerfed as well, and the Spirit as well, and then magically she got sound bug issues, which were rarely or never addressed (they're shadow nerfs probably). Oh and let's go back a bit, specifically to 1.9.2. Tell me that patch showed how biased devs were towards killers. Go ahead and tell me how killer sided they are when 2017 and 2018 were the worst years to play as killer against competent survivors. It's threads like this that cause killers to be nerfed with every single patch and update. You guys cry and cry for your mistakes, none of the things you guys complain about actually pertains to balance. It's just that you guys made mistakes, you get salty because the killer takes advantage of em, and then you use your sodium-fueled heads to make complaints which for some reason, the Devs always take seriously, and 9/10 times implement the desired "changes".

    Look at this as a reference:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnwdPlx9yR4

    My response might seem harsh, but after watching this, you could probably understand why. Neither side should get unnecessary nerfs or buffs. Both have gotten em, but killers have been nerfed many more times than survivors have, and not for the sake of balance, but because of survivor complaints. The recent ruin nerf was the best example of this.

  • Come on guys, just because Iri Head isn't seen often doesn't mean it's not a problem.

    If anything, you don't see it often because Huntress players know it's OP and is notorious for causing DCs lol.

  • Weirdly, I didn't vs a Iri. Huntress for a very long time now. They used to be more common. But now they're just as Pinky Finger Clowns, almost non existent.

  • I just DC if its a iridescent head with infantry belt, I'm not going to have fun being perpetually one shot'd all match no matter the distance between us. The only thing I truly have an issue with is the infantry belt/iri head combo which isn't fun and I'll instantly dc cause there's no point trying when its still going to be the same result.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Iri hatchets only need to lock you at 1 hatchet, permanently. That is the only change they need.

    That would be pretty boring and removes all synergy with additional hatchet add-ons.


    I believe @Heartbound is on to something here:

    @Heartbound said:

    I'm not a fan of facing the Iri heads. I don't think anyone is. If I was to nerf it I would make it like the Deathslinger's ultra rare.

    If you hit your target from 15 meters away or more they go down instantly.

    There. Perfect.

    We could also make Iridescent Hatchets act like a One In The Chamber add-on. I believe we had this discussion before, but in case you forgot — a hatchet hit on a survivor prevents you from losing a hatchet. You start with 5 hatchets like normal, but each locker search gives you one hatchet at a time. 😁

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118999#Comment_1118999

    That would be pretty boring and removes all synergy with additional hatchet add-ons.

    I believe @Heartbound is on to something here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1119000#Comment_1119000

    We could also make Iridescent Hatchets act like a One In The Chamber add-on. I believe we had this discussion before, but in case you forgot — a hatchet hit on a survivor prevents you from losing a hatchet. You start with 5 hatchets like normal, but each locker search gives you one hatchet at a time. 😁

    But, my idea rewards good hatchets. It isn't insanely punishing, but it does prevent people from cheesing instant downs. I really do not care for DeathSlinger's UR add-ons.

  • @anotherday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122999#Comment_1122999

    Same killers who cried about instant heals. Using iri head take no skill at all.

    not when the survivors run up to the Huntress at the start of the game to get into her dead zones

    maybe dont play like clowns vs Huntress

    do you think normal Huntress takes skill? If she requires skill for 2 shotting, what is the difference? She still has to hit the throws.. again, unless you run up to her face

  • I don’t see what the issue would be for making it like Deathslinger’s ultra-rare add-on where it is an instadown from “X” amount of meters.

    Making it 24 meters or more would synergize well with the “Skilled Huntress” achievement and would reward good Huntress players for making long range shots. In the case she wouldn’t have a downside with hatchets, she’d still be able to carry 5 hatchets.

    It would reward skilled players while also removing the possibility of Huntress being able to hug a survivors character model and cheese them with an instadown.