People crying because of penalties

The amount of people crying about penalties because they left a match 5 seconds after getting downed.


Git Gud.

Comments

  • git gud as in, let yourself die on the hook and dodge the penalty?

  • Because having afk killers or suiciding survivors in half the games is a lot better and really healthy for the game right?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Because having afk killers or suiciding survivors in half the games is a lot better and really healthy for the game right?

    so its the devs fault people afk?

  • Its the devs responsibility to do something about it, and its the devs fault that people need to wade through ######### just to find a normal game.

    I played 7 games last night.

    3 had afk killers

    1 had survivors suiciding on 1st hook

    2 were against nurses on hawkins who absolutely could not play Nurse that map and ended up opening the gates to get people to leave. Guarantee they would have disconnected otherwise. With how they were playing it was basically like having an afk killer

    1 was a normal game against a rank 17 Spirit (good matchmaking)

    So lets be generous and say I had 3 normal games there and 4 non-games.

    I had enough time free to play 7 games of DBD and in over half of those I didn’t even get a game. At least before killers would dc and not waste your time putting you straight back to the queue for a new game. Now they just afk so you have to grind through the game and go through the motions before you’ve even allowed to join a new game.

    But it’s totally not bad for the game at all. This won’t hurt it one bit.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103431#Comment_1103431

    Its the devs responsibility to do something about it, and its the devs fault that people need to wade through ######### just to find a normal game.

    I played 7 games last night.

    3 had afk killers

    1 had survivors suiciding on 1st hook

    2 were against nurses on hawkins who absolutely could not play Nurse that map and ended up opening the gates to get people to leave. Guarantee they would have disconnected otherwise. With how they were playing it was basically like having an afk killer

    1 was a normal game against a rank 17 Spirit (good matchmaking)

    So lets be generous and say I had 3 normal games there and 4 non-games.

    I had enough time free to play 7 games of DBD and in over half of those I didn’t even get a game. At least before killers would dc and not waste your time putting you straight back to the queue for a new game. Now they just afk so you have to grind through the game and go through the motions before you’ve even allowed to join a new game.

    But it’s totally not bad for the game at all. This won’t hurt it one bit.

    Ermm you can just do the gens unopposed quickly and leave with some bp, how is that a problem?

  • How is suicide survivors worse than DC ones? At least they are giving hook points.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Because having afk killers or suiciding survivors in half the games is a lot better and really healthy for the game right?

    I and my friend played 3 hours of DBD yesterday and only 1 survivor suicided on a hook. Why do people have to exaggerate these things? DC penalties are here to say. There will be no more rage quitting anymore for toxic folks.

    The devs should just adjust the DC punishment times to be less severe but that's it.

  • ive played dbd for 3 years and had like 3 afk killers in my entire time playing.

  • @Gamingwalrus51 said:

    ive played dbd for 3 years and had like 3 afk killers in my entire time playing.

    By how bad your complaining is, it seems like you're fresh meat.

  • So i have to afk to de rank ok no problem

  • The amount of people complaining about DC penalties show how bad the DC epidemic really is

  • I like the dc penalties. If you don't want to be penalized don't dc or "play something else"

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103436#Comment_1103436

    Ermm you can just do the gens unopposed quickly and leave with some bp, how is that a problem?

    Did you not read what I said, over half of my games.

    If during an evening I have a spare hour or two to play some games do I want to play games that are fun, full of suspense and provide a challenge? Or do I want to “hold M1 unopposed”?

    If it isn’t afk killers it’s survivors giving up on hook which is the same problem.

    There has always been instances of this but it has been off the charts recently. I’d rather just people dc if they aren’t going to play because at least it wasted less time.

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103412#Comment_1103412

    I and my friend played 3 hours of DBD yesterday and only 1 survivor suicided on a hook. Why do people have to exaggerate these things? DC penalties are here to say. There will be no more rage quitting anymore for toxic folks.

    The devs should just adjust the DC punishment times to be less severe but that's it.

    Exaggerate? Its literally the truth. At least from the past few days.

    There has always been minor instances but it has been ridiculous recently.

    Whether its bodged rank reset causing people to want to derank, or killers going afk because they dont like the map but cant dc - I don’t WHY they’re doing it I just know that they’re doing it.

    Good for you if its not happening to you but to me I’m getting hit hard with it and watching Otz have the same problem lets me know that it’s not just me.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103536#Comment_1103536

    Exaggerate? Its literally the truth. At least from the past few days.

    There has always been minor instances but it has been ridiculous recently.

    Whether its bodged rank reset causing people to want to derank, or killers going afk because they dont like the map but cant dc - I don’t WHY they’re doing it I just know that they’re doing it.

    Good for you if its not happening to you but to me I’m getting hit hard with it and watching Otz have the same problem lets me know that it’s not just me.

    Or they are to tired to playing with Higher ranks ... Maybe

  • @Retro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103671#Comment_1103671

    Or they are to tired to playing with Higher ranks ... Maybe

    Yeah thats what I meant by the bodged rank reset. It could be more to do with that.

    No idea what the actual reason is but afk killers and 1st hook suicide survivors are cropping up far too frequently.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103431#Comment_1103431

    Its the devs responsibility to do something about it, and its the devs fault that people need to wade through ######### just to find a normal game.

    I played 7 games last night.

    3 had afk killers

    1 had survivors suiciding on 1st hook

    2 were against nurses on hawkins who absolutely could not play Nurse that map and ended up opening the gates to get people to leave. Guarantee they would have disconnected otherwise. With how they were playing it was basically like having an afk killer

    1 was a normal game against a rank 17 Spirit (good matchmaking)

    So lets be generous and say I had 3 normal games there and 4 non-games.

    I had enough time free to play 7 games of DBD and in over half of those I didn’t even get a game. At least before killers would dc and not waste your time putting you straight back to the queue for a new game. Now they just afk so you have to grind through the game and go through the motions before you’ve even allowed to join a new game.

    But it’s totally not bad for the game at all. This won’t hurt it one bit.

    I honestly don't see what the devs could do against it. It's easy to complain, but unless they decide to take years and re-educate all these people to be civil in videogames (and if life, but I think I'm hoping for too much), this kind of behavior will always exist and no amount of penalties will prevent it

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Because having afk killers or suiciding survivors in half the games is a lot better and really healthy for the game right?

    No, but if you can't make it through a 7 minute game without DC'ing then perhaps Fortnite is missing your attention.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103461#Comment_1103461

    Did you not read what I said, over half of my games.

    If during an evening I have a spare hour or two to play some games do I want to play games that are fun, full of suspense and provide a challenge? Or do I want to “hold M1 unopposed”?

    If it isn’t afk killers it’s survivors giving up on hook which is the same problem.

    There has always been instances of this but it has been off the charts recently. I’d rather just people dc if they aren’t going to play because at least it wasted less time.

    Great point about wanting to have fun in this hour or two. Lets imagine that in first 5 seconds killer found you, killed, grab... and you dc. How is that fun to the other 4 people? Killer dont even get points for hooking you, and survs dont get points for saving you. So lets say it straight : you ruin game for 4 other people... bcs you were impatience? Oh, wait, but YOU DONT CARE. Guess what - i also dont care if you get banned for 2 years or whole eternity as long as im not gonna play with you again.


    As you talked about suicide - i have solution. Just take off that option from the game (pressing space during phase 2 and left click from phase 1), just so people like you would have to wait whole 3 or 4 minutes before they can go play another game even if they "dont care".


    And please, cut off that bullocks. Its still nothing compared to the plague (no pun intended) of kids who dc when killer found them.


    So i opt for increasing penalties for dc.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    git gud as in, let yourself die on the hook and dodge the penalty?

    Yesterday I was playing against a ghost face, I was the last survivor found and he kept tbaging on top of my body for a good 10 minutes for no reason, now if I DC I get penalized! what about him?

  • @Larikal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103665#Comment_1103665

    Great point about wanting to have fun in this hour or two. Lets imagine that in first 5 seconds killer found you, killed, grab... and you dc. How is that fun to the other 4 people? Killer dont even get points for hooking you, and survs dont get points for saving you. So lets say it straight : you ruin game for 4 other people... bcs you were impatience? Oh, wait, but YOU DONT CARE. Guess what - i also dont care if you get banned for 2 years or whole eternity as long as im not gonna play with you again.

    As you talked about suicide - i have solution. Just take off that option from the game (pressing space during phase 2 and left click from phase 1), just so people like you would have to wait whole 3 or 4 minutes before they can go play another game even if they "dont care".

    And please, cut off that bullocks. Its still nothing compared to the plague (no pun intended) of kids who dc when killer found them.

    So i opt for increasing penalties for dc.

    The game is about the suspense and thrill of being chased or giving chase.Like all multiplayer videogames it's the competitive element that makes it compelling.

    If survivors just forfeit and give up on hook where is the fun? oh I get hook points now whoop-de-do. Totally makes the game fun. Likewise for killers going afk.

    DC penalties have solved nothing.

  • @Rexis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103370#Comment_1103370

    Yesterday I was playing against a ghost face, I was the last survivor found and he kept tbaging on top of my body for a good 10 minutes for no reason, now if I DC I get penalized! what about him?

    Just part of the game according to devs and killer mains will defend their right to do it to the death.

    Interesting watching BHVR run their cashcow into the ground.

  • You know if you do get a bad game you could still just DC, right? As long as you don't make a consistent habit of it your 'penalty' is gonna be "you can't re-queue for 5 seconds."

  • @Rexis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103370#Comment_1103370

    Yesterday I was playing against a ghost face, I was the last survivor found and he kept tbaging on top of my body for a good 10 minutes for no reason, now if I DC I get penalized! what about him?

    Bleedout timer is 4 minutes... so how were you teabagged on for 10?

  • It's funny how everyone talks about players leaving or how they're gonna leave if survivor/killer doesn't get buffed/nerfed, and yet they're all still here. Shut the hell up and play the game, or don't, IDC but stop whining, JFC!

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Because having afk killers or suiciding survivors in half the games is a lot better and really healthy for the game right?

    It actually is more healthy than them simply DCing, yes. We all know you like to DC, but it's just something you're going to have to give up on. Or, move to a different game where bad sports can flourish. :)

  • DC penalties need to be harsher in order to work. Consistent DC's should result in life time bans. Of course they first need to sort out the difference between intentional DC's and DC's due to internet connection issues, wouldn't be fair for someone to be banned due to internet issues. Unless the killer is hacking or cheating in some form, then there is no reason to intentionally DC. Killer's afk? Do gens and run in front of them to farm bloodpoints. No need to lose your cool over an odd game. Teammates rage quit through DC or 1st hook suicide? Just keep pushing through. You lost a chase? Deal with it. If people had common sense DC penalties wouldn't be needed in the first place.

  • You know

    Some people have real world crises that coincidentally pop up whenever the game isn't going there way and need to DC.

    What about these people, huh? Should they be punished?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104095#Comment_1104095

    The game is about the suspense and thrill of being chased or giving chase.Like all multiplayer videogames it's the competitive element that makes it compelling.

    If survivors just forfeit and give up on hook where is the fun? oh I get hook points now whoop-de-do. Totally makes the game fun. Likewise for killers going afk.

    DC penalties have solved nothing.

    I honestly haven't noticed a significant (keyword) decrease in the number of disconnects since the penalty system was put in place. I understand the need for it, but I agree that it has not seemed to solve anything.

  • @Mr_K said:

    You know

    Some people have real world crises that coincidentally pop up whenever the game isn't going there way and need to DC.

    What about these people, huh? Should they be punished?

    If you have a real world crisis that lasts under 5 minutes is it really a crisis?

  • @Temperance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1105272#Comment_1105272

    If you have a real world crisis that lasts under 5 minutes is it really a crisis?

    Sometimes it solves itself before getting back to the main menu.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103461#Comment_1103461

    Did you not read what I said, over half of my games.

    If during an evening I have a spare hour or two to play some games do I want to play games that are fun, full of suspense and provide a challenge? Or do I want to “hold M1 unopposed”?

    If it isn’t afk killers it’s survivors giving up on hook which is the same problem.

    There has always been instances of this but it has been off the charts recently. I’d rather just people dc if they aren’t going to play because at least it wasted less time.

    @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103536#Comment_1103536

    Exaggerate? Its literally the truth. At least from the past few days.

    There has always been minor instances but it has been ridiculous recently.

    Whether its bodged rank reset causing people to want to derank, or killers going afk because they dont like the map but cant dc - I don’t WHY they’re doing it I just know that they’re doing it.

    Good for you if its not happening to you but to me I’m getting hit hard with it and watching Otz have the same problem lets me know that it’s not just me.

    Good news, you're just a special case. If you're not exaggerating and you get afk killers and suicide survivors in over half your games, that means god just hates you specifically. People who aren't victim to exaggerated problems deal with this in a minority of cases.

  • @Rexis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103370#Comment_1103370

    Yesterday I was playing against a ghost face, I was the last survivor found and he kept tbaging on top of my body for a good 10 minutes for no reason, now if I DC I get penalized! what about him?

    Imagine being upset that a killer teabags.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1105360#Comment_1105360

    Sometimes it solves itself before getting back to the main menu.

    Ok so you have to wait 5 minutes - how ever long it took. Must be hard

  • In my humble, and of no consequence, opinion, the "time out" feature for players that DC is THE BEST change to DBD since the Entity prevented window juking.

    ABSOLUTELY spot on and a long time coming.

  • @Frankie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1103412#Comment_1103412

    It actually is more healthy than them simply DCing, yes. We all know you like to DC, but it's just something you're going to have to give up on. Or, move to a different game where bad sports can flourish. :)

    and there we go, another toxic reply. "We know you like to dc" no you don't know the first thing about me you're just making crap up for the sake of trolling and trying to misrepresent my argument.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1105234#Comment_1105234

    and there we go, another toxic reply. "We know you like to dc" no you don't know the first thing about me you're just making crap up for the sake of trolling and trying to misrepresent my argument.

    How is it toxic? It's pretty common amount people that like to DC to complain about DC penalties. Like, dude, I'm sorry your DC tech doesn't work anymore. If you don't like being called out for stuff like this, then knock it off, lol

  • @Gamingwalrus51 said:

    The amount of people crying about penalties because they left a match 5 seconds after getting downed.

    Git Gud.

    Yeah just seeing tons of people die on first hook now. I don't blame them - almost every killer is either face camping or tunneling with no shame.