Simple nerfs to Survivors' meta perks

DECISIVE STRIKE

- Hooking a different Survivor reduces the remainder of DS timer by 20 seconds.

- DS deactivates when get interrupted (from a gen for instance so Survivors Will be less cocky) or when grabbed from a locker.

BORROWED TIME

- Introduce the Critical Health State which is applied if the Survivor under the Endurance effect from Borrowed Time is hit

- In the Critical State Survivors have 20 seconds to heal themselves. The timer expires in eaxtly the same conditions the Deep Wound timer does

- Survivors will have to find other Survivors to get healing or heal themselves with a med kit, Self Care or Inner Strength

- These changes should happen to make Survivors use BT effect only if it is neccesary

DEAD HARD

- Reduce the speed boost.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/128570/simple-qol-changes-to-survivors-meta-perks

    No.

    DS is already easy to work around. Survivor doing a gen in your face? Hit them instead of grab. Or better yet - go after the unhooker!

    BT doesn't expire while in a chase to encourage killers not to tunnel once BT proc'd.

    How does anyone complain about DH on dedicated servers?? It's almost unusable. IF a survivor gets it to proc then just bait it ffs.

    If you're struggling with basic tactics like not tunnelling and camping then you just need to play more. The game shouldn't be brought down to new players level.

    If a perk is a crutch perk it needs to be changed. Exhaustion perks in general need to be changed DS and exhaustion perks are crutch survivor perks while on killer you still have BBQ just simply take the double BP away and that’s fixed people will have a reason to use thrilling tremors more. But anything that’s a crutch NEEDS to be changed

  • @Steve0333 said:

    BT needs no nerf.

    First of all if a survivor unhooks another survivor right in front of you GO AFTER THE UNHOOKER. After all they are the one with the BT not the hooked person. If you hate BT it only makes sense to go after the person who has the perk.

    Secondly it's not the hooked survivors fault that their teammate is an idiot and wants to unhook them right in front of the you so why punish the person who got unhooked? GO AFTER THE UNHOOKER. They are your problem!!!

    Now maybe you are a camping, tunneling toxic killer in which case BT is working exactly as it should.

    Not always the case. Because it's based on terror radius, you can be no where near the hook but it still is active when you get there. Doc with distressing and TR add on does this.

  • Dead hard is fine and so is BT, but the DS change is good

  • @DocFabron said:

    Why is Dead Hard in the center for nerfs now? Bait it.

    DS needs a nerf. BT needs to NOT work when the killer doesn't even have a chance to walk away. Give it a 10 second timer after somebody is hooked before it activates and remove the TR requirement.

    It’s not the fact that DH is used to make killers miss, what all of you don’t understand is it’s a free pallet/window. If I’m in a chase and I hit you We do a loop I break the pallet you run into a dead zone, I’m catching up to you I’m going to hit you unless you outplay me, but then you dead hard to that pallet that was very far away and you had no chance of getting to it beforehand. Now the cycle continues I break the pallet but now you’re at an infinite window or any main building of an azarov or Macmillan or farm or swamp map and I have to give up chase if I want to “just pressure gens”. It’s ridiculous how many times this actually happens. If I’m chasing you and you throw down 2 pallets and you’re still not downed when you get to the third one I will not commit. Unless I know I can afford it. DH can really mess a game up especially if everyone runs it. Exhaustion perks need to be revised. And have something similar to inner strength where you have to EARN the exhaustion not just being injured OR change it so it does something else that takes away the exhaustion thing

  • Do we have full moon or something like that, with all those unreasonable threads about survivor perks?

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Do we have full moon or something like that, with all those unreasonable threads about survivor perks?

    People feel entitled to win just for picking killer. They refuse to "git gud" so to speak and just want everything on the survivor side nerfed. Oh whats that I cant camp/tunnel a survivor out immediately? NERF DS/BT!!

    You know it's true with how much they defend NOED. That reveals a lot as to what kind of players they are.

    Just reminds me of every bad killer I come across who telegraphs all their moves in chases, commit to one survivor for 5 gens, then rely on NOED to carry them.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1081439#Comment_1081439

    People feel entitled to win just for picking killer. They refuse to "git gud" so to speak and just want everything on the survivor side nerfed. Oh whats that I cant camp/tunnel a survivor out immediately? NERF DS/BT!!

    You know it's true with how much they defend NOED. That reveals a lot as to what kind of players they are.

    Just reminds me of every bad killer I come across who telegraphs all their moves in chases, commit to one survivor for 5 gens, then rely on NOED to carry them.

    You say when it's a survivor sided game. Do you not see the abuse that killers put up with from survivors? Playing killer just isn't fun. Not to mention the absolutely horrid matchmaking right now and how polarizing it is to pip with killer. Pipping with survivor is a cake walk compared to killer these days. It's sad. Perhaps you don't get paired with the players that others do, or perhaps you have a completely different perspective?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Its often in the last 20 seconds or so of DS that you get picked up. Might as well just ask for it to be removed once you hook another survivor. This would be a large benefit to campers.

    As for BT awful. I use Inner Strength. Theres no guarantee that perk will be active when I need it. 20 seconds is not enough time to find a totem and destroy it and then heal in a locker. Nor is it enough time to find another survivor to heal you.

    DH is the only one there that has potential. Removing the speed burst would stop it from being a free pallet/vault.

    About BT- the effect of deep wound would be implemented on this "critical state" so isn't just 20 seconds you can run to prevent from going down.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079668#Comment_1079668

    It’s not the fact that DH is used to make killers miss, what all of you don’t understand is it’s a free pallet/window. If I’m in a chase and I hit you We do a loop I break the pallet you run into a dead zone, I’m catching up to you I’m going to hit you unless you outplay me, but then you dead hard to that pallet that was very far away and you had no chance of getting to it beforehand. Now the cycle continues I break the pallet but now you’re at an infinite window or any main building of an azarov or Macmillan or farm or swamp map and I have to give up chase if I want to “just pressure gens”. It’s ridiculous how many times this actually happens. If I’m chasing you and you throw down 2 pallets and you’re still not downed when you get to the third one I will not commit. Unless I know I can afford it. DH can really mess a game up especially if everyone runs it. Exhaustion perks need to be revised. And have something similar to inner strength where you have to EARN the exhaustion not just being injured OR change it so it does something else that takes away the exhaustion thing

    I know all the ways how Dead Hard can be used. However it can be very useless at times.


    Caught out in the open? Dead Hard does nothing. At an unsafe pallet? Useless. At a T-L wall? Useless (dependent on if the killer runs the tile correctly).


    It's only ridiculously strong when it gets you to a god pallet/god loop. Which is kind of the point of it. Half the time it won't do a damn thing, and half the time it can save your life. That's why I think it's a well balanced perk.

  • Honestly they should increase the timer of ds by like 10 seconds. The bt timer shouldnt go down if your in a chase similar to the deep wound effect. And dh, Really?

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/128570/simple-qol-changes-to-survivors-meta-perks

    No.

    DS is already easy to work around. Survivor doing a gen in your face? Hit them instead of grab. Or better yet - go after the unhooker!

    BT doesn't expire while in a chase to encourage killers not to tunnel once BT proc'd.

    How does anyone complain about DH on dedicated servers?? It's almost unusable. IF a survivor gets it to proc then just bait it ffs.

    If you're struggling with basic tactics like not tunnelling and camping then you just need to play more. The game shouldn't be brought down to new players level.

    That's crazy that you say the game shouldn't be brought down to new players skill level because that's literally been the devs mission with survivor gameplay since the insane nerf to enduring. After that it's been straight nerfs to killer. These changes sound good. They claim ds should be anti tunneling yet I dont tunnel and still get hit by it after finding the unhooked person 50 seconds later after hooking the unhooked. It shouldve deactivated ds but no, the devs love their survivors.

  • @OutcastEric said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079395#Comment_1079395

    That's crazy that you say the game shouldn't be brought down to new players skill level because that's literally been the devs mission with survivor gameplay since the insane nerf to enduring. After that it's been straight nerfs to killer. These changes sound good. They claim ds should be anti tunneling yet I dont tunnel and still get hit by it after finding the unhooked person 50 seconds later after hooking the unhooked. It shouldve deactivated ds but no, the devs love their survivors.

    Yup, killers have only been nerfed ever since. Freddy doesn't exist btw

  • Nerfing survivor meta? I can see why you're getting lynched. If this was about nerfing killer metas then this would have 100 upvotes and pages of compliments.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    no ######### all of these perks are counterable but you decide to complain and ask for nerfs instead of adapting.

    DS - stop tunneling

    BT - stop tunneling

    DH - bait it

    here again we see why killers are the whiny part of this community..

    Yikes, complains killer perks, 3 killers into the ground working on the 4th....

    "Killers are whiney" Chief called to tell me to tell you that ain't it.


    DS is free... Sorry not sorry it is. Not only do you always have to worry about it, so you either slug or eat it. Hope that's fun to play against.


    BT is just built stupidly. The person who has the perk should benefit not the unhooker. Duh.


    DH is fine, make it more responsive for survivors and take away dead Harding over traps because... What?

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    DECISIVE STRIKE

    - Hooking a different Survivor reduces the remainder of DS timer by 20 seconds.

    - DS deactivates when get interrupted (from a gen for instance so Survivors Will be less cocky) or when grabbed from a locker.

    BORROWED TIME

    - Introduce the Critical Health State which is applied if the Survivor under the Endurance effect from Borrowed Time is hit

    - In the Critical State Survivors have 20 seconds to heal themselves. The timer expires in eaxtly the same conditions the Deep Wound timer does

    - Survivors will have to find other Survivors to get healing or heal themselves with a med kit, Self Care or Inner Strength

    - These changes should happen to make Survivors use BT effect only if it is neccesary

    DEAD HARD

    - Reduce the speed boost.

    Definitely no.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1081439#Comment_1081439

    People feel entitled to win just for picking killer. They refuse to "git gud" so to speak and just want everything on the survivor side nerfed. Oh whats that I cant camp/tunnel a survivor out immediately? NERF DS/BT!!

    You know it's true with how much they defend NOED. That reveals a lot as to what kind of players they are.

    Just reminds me of every bad killer I come across who telegraphs all their moves in chases, commit to one survivor for 5 gens, then rely on NOED to carry them.

    You have no right to complain about these threads after saying that you hope Billy will get nerfed into the ground.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1081452#Comment_1081452

    You have no right to complain about these threads after saying that you hope Billy will get nerfed into the ground.

    I think it's called the first amendment.

  • You are too funny.

  • @TheObamacare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079406#Comment_1079406

    Yikes, complains killer perks, 3 killers into the ground working on the 4th....

    "Killers are whiney" Chief called to tell me to tell you that ain't it.

    DS is free... Sorry not sorry it is. Not only do you always have to worry about it, so you either slug or eat it. Hope that's fun to play against.

    BT is just built stupidly. The person who has the perk should benefit not the unhooker. Duh.

    DH is fine, make it more responsive for survivors and take away dead Harding over traps because... What?

    Your DS complaints are the same that survivors say about NOED. At least with DS you have the obsession to let you have a heads up.

    BT used to benefit the uncooked also. Its current version is the fairest and most balanced...

  • @TheObamacare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079406#Comment_1079406

    Yikes, complains killer perks, 3 killers into the ground working on the 4th....

    "Killers are whiney" Chief called to tell me to tell you that ain't it.

    DS is free... Sorry not sorry it is. Not only do you always have to worry about it, so you either slug or eat it. Hope that's fun to play against.

    BT is just built stupidly. The person who has the perk should benefit not the unhooker. Duh.

    DH is fine, make it more responsive for survivors and take away dead Harding over traps because... What?

    sorry to break it to you but it's obvious killers are whiners. just look at the forums and you'll see. and here you are complaining about survivor perks while saying killers aren't whiny :D and if you really have THAT big issue with DS and BT, i would suggest you to stop tunneling. i dont have an issue with these perks almost ever. why is that? because i don't tunnel. and if someone unhooks with BT in my face, it's a easy hit. just hit the unhooker as he's unhooking, he won't have much time to get away from the hook. DS was already nerfed and it's in a good spot now.

  • @Spannungsstoß

    Same for Ruin, it was a straight up nerf, no QoL change.

  • I would preffer to make Ds like that:

    Doesnt trigger at a grap (Lockers, Vault interrupt or gen).

    And the Timer gets reduced by 20 seconds if you escape a chase. That gets rid of the most annoying part, if you leave the unhooked guy, kill maybe 2 other and then find him randomly again and forgot he has ds.

    And the BT change is weird. My idea was to make survivors oblivious in Deep wound state and you cant do any other action like repairing, healing or opening a gate in deep wound.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084718#Comment_1084718

    sorry to break it to you but it's obvious killers are whiners. just look at the forums and you'll see. and here you are complaining about survivor perks while saying killers aren't whiny :D and if you really have THAT big issue with DS and BT, i would suggest you to stop tunneling. i dont have an issue with these perks almost ever. why is that? because i don't tunnel. and if someone unhooks with BT in my face, it's a easy hit. just hit the unhooker as he's unhooking, he won't have much time to get away from the hook. DS was already nerfed and it's in a good spot now.

    "Oh man cookie cutter answer, my way works because I did not do X" dude... Like sure you can have success in your games, great you're a god tier player or whatever. However, if you think that the issue with those perks is born from tunneling your kinda idk... tunnel vision ironically.


    Its the fact that you are constantly forced to a play style is what makes those perks busted. Forcing anyone to have a particular play style to get results is limiting to the freedom of the game. I down a survivor who has A MINUTE timer mind you, after a hook? And reminder a min is 60 seconds and that's important in a game about seconds.


    Now I have to leave them on the ground for another MINUTE just in case they may or may not be running it. So I have dedicated at least chase 1 + hook, Chase 2 and now DS cool down... So yes I'm going to slug because... Why not?


    Don't be sheep.

  • @TheObamacare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1085909#Comment_1085909

    "Oh man cookie cutter answer, my way works because I did not do X" dude... Like sure you can have success in your games, great you're a god tier player or whatever. However, if you think that the issue with those perks is born from tunneling your kinda idk... tunnel vision ironically.

    Its the fact that you are constantly forced to a play style is what makes those perks busted. Forcing anyone to have a particular play style to get results is limiting to the freedom of the game. I down a survivor who has A MINUTE timer mind you, after a hook? And reminder a min is 60 seconds and that's important in a game about seconds.

    Now I have to leave them on the ground for another MINUTE just in case they may or may not be running it. So I have dedicated at least chase 1 + hook, Chase 2 and now DS cool down... So yes I'm going to slug because... Why not?

    Don't be sheep.

    haha stop it already. you complain about survivor perks while saying killers don't whine it's pretty funny. i can't really take you seriously anymore.

    and btw i'm not a god tier killer i don't always win and i shouldn't. i'm just good enough to barely have any issues with survivor meta perks. the issue with those perks are obviously born from tunneling, what the hell are you even trying to prove?

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @Spannungsstoß

    Same for Ruin, it was a straight up nerf, no QoL change.

    Nobody ever stated otherwise.

  • I like how a bunch of y'all are saying bait DH, yet it's being used to prolong a chase if survivors are abusing it instead of using it as seen in the discription

  • @toxicmegg said:

    no ######### all of these perks are counterable but you decide to complain and ask for nerfs instead of adapting.

    DS - stop tunneling

    BT - stop tunneling

    DH - bait it

    here again we see why killers are the whiny part of this community..

    You don't have to tunnel to activate DS!

    BT is the same

    DH is fine if you ask me

  • DS and BT are fine on their own, except when EVERY SURVIVOR HAS IT. Then it becomes a shitshow. If they don't want to nerf it, they need to do something about redundant builds on multiple survivors.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086105#Comment_1086105

    haha stop it already. you complain about survivor perks while saying killers don't whine it's pretty funny. i can't really take you seriously anymore.

    and btw i'm not a god tier killer i don't always win and i shouldn't. i'm just good enough to barely have any issues with survivor meta perks. the issue with those perks are obviously born from tunneling, what the hell are you even trying to prove?

    Trust me, we know you aren't god teir anything.


    Next

  • yeah, and trust me, i know you're trash tier.

  • @TheObamacare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1085909#Comment_1085909

    "Oh man cookie cutter answer, my way works because I did not do X" dude... Like sure you can have success in your games, great you're a god tier player or whatever. However, if you think that the issue with those perks is born from tunneling your kinda idk... tunnel vision ironically.

    Its the fact that you are constantly forced to a play style is what makes those perks busted. Forcing anyone to have a particular play style to get results is limiting to the freedom of the game. I down a survivor who has A MINUTE timer mind you, after a hook? And reminder a min is 60 seconds and that's important in a game about seconds.

    Now I have to leave them on the ground for another MINUTE just in case they may or may not be running it. So I have dedicated at least chase 1 + hook, Chase 2 and now DS cool down... So yes I'm going to slug because... Why not?

    Don't be sheep.

    Agreed. Every second counts. Sometimes you even get people being salty that you slugged. Sorry everyone and their mother runs DS, and I can't waste more of my precious time chasing you. I also love getting D striked 59 seconds later when I find that person on a gen after I hook the unhooker. Glad I didn't tunnel but still get punished. This excludes people who take hits for uninjured survivors just sone they can D strike you.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/128570/simple-qol-changes-to-survivors-meta-perks

    No.

    DS is already easy to work around. Survivor doing a gen in your face? Hit them instead of grab. Or better yet - go after the unhooker!

    BT doesn't expire while in a chase to encourage killers not to tunnel once BT proc'd.

    How does anyone complain about DH on dedicated servers?? It's almost unusable. IF a survivor gets it to proc then just bait it ffs.

    If you're struggling with basic tactics like not tunnelling and camping then you just need to play more. The game shouldn't be brought down to new players level.

    DS is boring to go against. Either you eat it or you don't. There really is no in between.

    And A perk shouldn't influence how any killer is changed, at all. BT does this with Legion. Because both have DW. They shouldn't have done that, period. They buffed BT twice when they added the Oni, which ended up being Legion nerfs.

    I don't think Dead Hard needs any changes right now, except fixing it so that it works properly on dedicated servers.

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079876#Comment_1079876

    I play since june 2016. Then I played maybe for half of the year only as Survivors bcs Killers were..

    mhm.

    So you would be familiar with the games trajectory and the passive buffs that were added to killer along with the numerous survivor nerfs due to the 2 escape 2 kill metric.

    What I'm saying is that you points don't really do much. Survivor has already had numerous nerfs, you idea really is just a +1.

    Especially when you consider that the devs have maintained their 2 kills 2 escape for games. The entire premise the game has been balanced on this. Hence why things like ruin have been nerfed, because killers are up around 70% kills as of late.

1 2 ›