You ruined this game

I'm a 3 monthish in player meaning I'm the noob youre trying to cater to. Im a Red rank survivor and purple killer as I dont play it much but I'm not bad when I do. This game was awesome!! Killers were fun to play with and against. Then you nerfed ruin... every single game since is either a 3 minute slug fest against billy or a 3 minute gen rush (I do both). Completely non enjoyable at this point and obviously the uproar since the announcement of this nerf, there have been tons of complaints. Are there plans to fix this? If not as im a paying customer you should feel obligated to tell me not to waste any more money on this product.

Comments

  • @Danielgdp3 Not all "Red" ranks are good players, you can't say that you did 4k being in the green range and faced red ranks ... because possibly those red ranks are very bad players and don't last in chase for more than 35-45 seconds, you have to see the factors of the games and not have the ego through the clouds, you have to analyze the games, because I usually do 4k games too, but ... I can tell you that they are very bad, but the thing changes when you You find 2 players who know about the game and know how to run from the killer, the movie changes. From what I mean, that image does not show and says nothing.

  • @iOverSpray said:

    The majority of you all missed the point. I dont care about ruin. I didnt use it then I dont use it now but obviously many people did. I am that casual noob player in case you missed it. In the beginning and by day 2 I was easily hitting great skill checks so to say ruin was "difficult" for noobs is ridiculous. Point is, changing this perk has greatly affected this dbd community and not for the better. Can you not see it? If nothing else, ruin gave survivors a reason to get off a gen and pop a totem. It gave killers a second to breathe and made the over all game experience 10 times better. I just want to know, if there are plans to fix the current state or is this it?

    This is it unless the newest killer is going to have a ruin equivalent which is unlikely since they aren't touching gen speed and in the future are going to nerf gen slowdown synergy for example thana and dying light

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1065749#Comment_1065749

    BHVR got lucky with DBD, look at deathgarden, its basically a wasteland and a dead game, because the Devs don't know how to balance.

    I'm really hoping Last Year gets more players, as BHVR really needs some competition to stop being lazy. Heck Last Year are doing bug fixes every week, whereas it takes a patch or midpatch to fix some bugs.

    BHVR's monopoly in this genre needs to end, or BHVR kills DBD like they did to deathgarden. So far, it looks like Devs are going with option #2

    I hope last year comes out on console

  • @BulletsNonstop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1065729#Comment_1065729

    I’m aware he’s not entirely invisible. But I’m telling you, in most cases, he’s invisible enough to make it too much. That’s a really bad counter argument by the way 😂 What else? The fact that he has a “delay” when he uncloaks? 😂😂😂😂 nonsense. I’ve played him and heard from other people that have played him that there’s something that allows him to uncloak and strike faster. Thats too much 😂 I can’t believe you guys defend this with every last breath because you want it the way it is. Who cares what everyone else thinks right

    Wraith and trapper are 2 of the most underpowered killers in the game. I don't think you are going to find an audience for nerfing them. You could easily find an audience for buffing them since they are legacy killers in need of an update.

  • @BulletsNonstop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1065935#Comment_1065935

    Man I feel it’s the other way around. My survivor life goes by absolutely fast if IM the one that gets caught. Because I know I’m only getting hooked once. that’s because yeah like you said, they’re playing dirty for it. I just feel like there should be some kind of penalty if killers stay within a certain distance of a hooked survivor so people can’t just be invisible waiting on the hooked survivor trying to bait people and play dirty . Just go do GEN control or something. I’ve seen demogorgons do this with portals. You don’t need to kill every survivor 😂

    Do I really need to explain to you why telling your opposition "you don't have to go for victory" is an oblivious statement?

  • @Herbalyte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1065854#Comment_1065854

    I play ps4 and it's not as nutty as on pc but there are death squads and gens do still go fast. Problem is mouse and keyboard allow killers to do mindgames better and allow for finer aiming with for example nurse, huntress, plague or even oni's flick while survivors dont really get affected by the use of a controller.

    Speak for yourself, on the west coast when the sun falls, the true killers come out. Granted, I have been experiencing an uptick in potatoes at rank 3-2, I was playing Billy last night and these fools were literally trying to hide in front of me with my chainsaw rev'd in a pile of pussywillows... LIKE I LITERALLY TURNED MY CAMERA AT YOU, WHY ARE YOU STILL STANDING HERE?

    It's survivors like this making it into red ranks that just really offset any kind of balance. Honestly, ######### the emblems, we should go back to balancing around kills because that's a tangible metric that doesn't overcomplicate the sauce, even if it sucked for killers piping.

  • @CrescentGent said:

    My god are survivor mains self pretentious and over privileged. Sigh.

    How does one become "self pretentious"? Do you even know what pretentious means or are you just using a big word you heard on TV once in an attempt to sound intelligent?

    Pretentious means acting like you're better than someone else. Like what you're attempting and failing to do with your post. Please don't use words you don't understand. It's very transparent.

    On topic: Most killers relied heavily on ruin and/or NOED. Without ruin, they have no idea what to do against survivors that aren't potatoes. Many of these killers have now swapped to survivor to join the potato farm and the remaining killers still get easy wins more often than not.

    In my killer games, (I hover around rank 4-5 because I don't play killer without a ritual or challenge) I rarely have more than a hatch escape. Having a game with a full team of good survivors is insanely rare. Didn't have all five gens get done against me once in the last few days.

  • @BulletsNonstop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1065729#Comment_1065729

    I’m aware he’s not entirely invisible. But I’m telling you, in most cases, he’s invisible enough to make it too much. That’s a really bad counter argument by the way 😂 What else? The fact that he has a “delay” when he uncloaks? 😂😂😂😂 nonsense. I’ve played him and heard from other people that have played him that there’s something that allows him to uncloak and strike faster. Thats too much 😂 I can’t believe you guys defend this with every last breath because you want it the way it is. Who cares what everyone else thinks right

    "Who cares what anybody else thinks right?"

    Bruh like 6 different people have come up to show you how damn delusional and bad at the game you are and you ain't listening I think it's you who doesn't know what people think.

    Jesus christ so sad how this game has come to the ######### state it's in because of people like you.

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1065830#Comment_1065830

    @Danielgdp3 Not all "Red" ranks are good players, you can't say that you did 4k being in the green range and faced red ranks ... because possibly those red ranks are very bad players and don't last in chase for more than 35-45 seconds, you have to see the factors of the games and not have the ego through the clouds, you have to analyze the games, because I usually do 4k games too, but ... I can tell you that they are very bad, but the thing changes when you You find 2 players who know about the game and know how to run from the killer, the movie changes. From what I mean, that image does not show and says nothing.

    Damn my big ego in those clouds blocking my view to see things clearly

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1067438#Comment_1067438

    Ruin gave killers time in the early game to gain map pressure. Especially killers who don't have travel or teleport powers.

    Early game pressure is extremely important, and the devs have literally design maps around the fact that ruin existed in its former state, allowing them to growlarger and alrger because ruin was a thing and could hold off even top level players for a few precious moments while the killer traversed the map.

    Now that there isn't anything that does that as well, the game's balance has been completed destroyed. All it takes is a bit of logic to see how changing ruin without changing everything that was balanced around it can ruin the game.

    Can you please show me something that shows a Dev saying 'we made this map this big because you can use ruin'.

    Also want help early game run Corrupt Intervention I'm sure that might help you

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1067006#Comment_1067006

    Maybe read?

    It was used in 80% of red rank matches, overall it was used in 45% of matches. But hey just make stuff up about 90% of people using it. 🤮

    Wow, 80%, so far off. It was just an estimate but funny how you focused mainly on that than an actual argument.

  • @BulletsNonstop said:

    what A joke 😂 people come in here and call me a privileged survivor main. I’m only stating what issues ive experienced that dont make the game fun. How is that acting privileged? I can’t say that coming into a game and seeing teammates go down with ease because there’s 1000s of trapper traps everywhere that don’t allow you to remove it with ease like it should. You’re injured, you’ve been stopped momentarily for an animation, so.... why is there little chance of breaking the animation to get away just to probably walk into another that’s 2 feet away? Might as well let him take me 😂 why is doctors inflict madness ability range excessive as all hell? These are things that don’t make sense and are frankly not making the game any fun. They are issues that I think should be resolved. I mean, as a player you’re not entitled to killing ALL 4 people just as ALL 4 of us are not entitled to surviving. But to see people backing out I think the frustration is there. And yet you sit here defending what little abilities you can abuse to leave matches with 20-30K points a game while some survivors only get 0-10K points when... they were just doing what is asked of them. Repairing generators and attempting to avoid detection. I’m sorry... was there a perk that allows me to see cloaked killers that I missed somewhere?

    this is as bad as trying to get republican votes to impeach trump. Horrible.

    You could run object of obsession if killer auras are important to you. They are direct counters to trapper and stealth killers.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068686#Comment_1068686

    You could run object of obsession if killer auras are important to you. They are direct counters to trapper and stealth killers.

    Object doesn't work on stealth killers if they are in their undetectable mode

  • @Danielgdp3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071239#Comment_1071239

    Object doesn't work on stealth killers if they are in their undetectable mode

    i didn’t realize that. I guess you can stick with spine chill or premonition if you need the direction of the killer. I started with premonition, graduated to spine chill, then dropped both of them. I feel like they are good perks early on and can be replaced with game sense later.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071242#Comment_1071242

    i didn’t realize that. I guess you can stick with spine chill or premonition if you need the direction of the killer. I started with premonition, graduated to spine chill, then dropped both of them. I feel like they are good perks early on and can be replaced with game sense later.

    Yeah I think premonition isn't necessary as you get better but Spine Chill is still a great perk no matter what rank since it guarantees no chance of a surprise.

  • @Danielgdp3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071260#Comment_1071260

    Yeah I think premonition is necessary as you get better but Spine Chill is still a great perk no matter what rank since it guarantees no chance of a surprise.

    theres a valid argument for running spine chill at any level of play. I go a little more tryhard with DH,DS,Unbreakable,BT. I will also run iron will usually dropping DS.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071264#Comment_1071264

    theres a valid argument for running spine chill at any level of play. I go a little more tryhard with DH,DS,Unbreakable,BT. I will also run iron will usually dropping DS.

    Yeah I'm a weird one, I usually use Spine Chill, Iron Will, Calm Spirit and Inner Strength but I'm the furthest thing from a stealth player

  • @Danielgdp3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071277#Comment_1071277

    Yeah I'm a weird one, I usually use Spine Chill, Iron Will, Calm Spirit and Inner Strength but I'm the furthest thing from a stealth player

    The one perk I really NEED is dead hard. It directly prevents a down in most chases. If I can’t DH for distance, then I had no chance to begin with.

  • Wait... 3 months in the game and already red ranks? gez didn't renembered how ez was to rank up

    ah and also

    ENsxzp2WsAAjHMq.jpeg


  • This post is the definition of #########: 3 month player on red ranks, people saying ruin was the killer itself, an guy saying that wraith is OP at the same time saying that others are bad, animal crossing


    this is dead by daylight's forum's at his best

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    This post is the definition of #########: 3 month player on red ranks, people saying ruin was the killer itself, an guy saying that wraith is OP at the same time saying that others are bad, animal crossing

    this is dead by daylight's forum's at his best

    It's got all the ingredients to make a nice apple pie

  • I hope the same at this point, the Devs won't be able to save DBD with them having a monopoly. Last Year needs to succeed as it would be a direct competitor to DBD, which would cause the Devs to actually put effort and try making the game balanced for once, and add new game modes.

  • Read the title and just imagined it being read in the same way Arrow says "You have failed this city". Completely off topic, but worth a cheap laugh.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068621#Comment_1068621

    How does one become "self pretentious"? Do you even know what pretentious means or are you just using a big word you heard on TV once in an attempt to sound intelligent?

    Pretentious means acting like you're better than someone else. Like what you're attempting and failing to do with your post. Please don't use words you don't understand. It's very transparent.

    On topic: Most killers relied heavily on ruin and/or NOED. Without ruin, they have no idea what to do against survivors that aren't potatoes. Many of these killers have now swapped to survivor to join the potato farm and the remaining killers still get easy wins more often than not.

    In my killer games, (I hover around rank 4-5 because I don't play killer without a ritual or challenge) I rarely have more than a hatch escape. Having a game with a full team of good survivors is insanely rare. Didn't have all five gens get done against me once in the last few days.

    Oh sorry English teacher, I'll try better next time. Of course I know what pretentious means or I wouldn't of used it, my point still stands in that survivor mains feel like they are better than everyone else by BMing in end chat, teabagging after dropping a pallet and flashlight clicking throughout the game.

    Don't assume I'm stupid and please for the love of God, don't correct people's grammar, you haven't done it here but you're definitely one of those people. Never assume 🙂

  • I personally think Ruin was way too strong for newer survivors and pretty useless against good ones, and it was probably very different on console vs pc. I can count on one had the amount of games where Ruin was active the entire game and everyone made it out, and I have more than 1,000 hours in this game on console. As a survivor main who always runs Small Game, Ruin was useless against me. So was NOED. It actually might make NOED stronger now since people are even less likely to cleanse all the totems.

  • @CrescentGent said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1069728#Comment_1069728

    Oh sorry English teacher, I'll try better next time. Of course I know what pretentious means or I wouldn't of used it, my point still stands in that survivor mains feel like they are better than everyone else by BMing in end chat, teabagging after dropping a pallet and flashlight clicking throughout the game.

    Don't assume I'm stupid and please for the love of God, don't correct people's grammar, you haven't done it here but you're definitely one of those people. Never assume 🙂

    Using a word incorrectly annoys the piss out of me. Every time I see someone here say "the point is mute" I want to beat my head into a wall. The word is moot. Moot. Not mute. This isn't about grammar so much as it is making you look ignorant while attempting to appear intelligent. You come off the exact opposite of how you think.

    Also, I run into far more BMing killers than survivors. Nodding, shaking their heads, spamming attacks on the hooked survivor, etc. Hell a Ghostface the other day cost himself the fourth kill because once he finally downed me at one gen left he just kept hitting me on the hook, giving the last survivor just enough time to beat him to the hatch.

    BMing is dumb for both sides. Getting triggered by it is even dumber. They're giving you free time instead of doing something useful. Laugh at their stupidity and move on

  • @BulletsNonstop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1065657#Comment_1065657

    You sound privileged. Honestly, even if you guys only get one guy that should be enough, you’re not looking at it from a standpoint that survivors should be able to actually survive Without needing all 4 to do it. 4/5 people in each lobby don’t want to come in and get slain. 2nd hook insta kills is a thing. Invisibility is a thing. No heartbeat is a thing. Killers can be really efficient. Too efficient. It’s just not fun. Doctor running around making everyone go insane giving up their position because he just has to push a button unless someone’s running calm spirit? A perk that’s specific to ONE character? That’s ridiculous. More nerfs please . How do you think the average survivor that has to plan guinea pig feels playing decoy for the killer to die and get hook camped until 2nd stage hits and insta killed without being able to struggle? Then gets the boot with 5K bloodpoints to show for it. 😔 this is what I spent money on? Privileged killers complaining about not being able to slay all 4 every game? Gens should be done faster if killers are hook camping. Give em a speed boost. That’ll teach them. It’s ridiculous. Someone’s always bound to get caught at some point so why give them just 1 stage to wait out and then insta killed 2nd stage of sacrifice? Frustrating sometimes as a survivor. Really is

    Calm spirit also helps with clown gas and iron maiden. So it's not exclusive to JUST doctor.

  • I just fail to see where there are bad manners on the survivor side of things 😂 Oh what, they’re tea bagging you on their way out of the exit gates? Do not let me hear thats a complaint because you can chase them out. Oh they’re pallet looping you and not running in a straight line? Killers are faster Than survivors in this game (what a crutch - it’s not like they don’t have the ability to catch survivors off guard by... well.. teleporting around the map... being invisible... catching them in traps... nah they need more because, after all... there are a WHOPPING 4 survivors on the map that have 5 NOISY LENGTHY generators to do 😂) Jesus Christ, if anybody should be whining about this game it should be survivors. They gotta put up with a lot more. Because... the killer has complete control over the time spent in the game. He or she can drop the game wasting offerings and possibly items/add ons by leaving after 5 minutes. He or she can watch you bleed out on the floor. He or she can hook camp and watch survivors walk out with 5K bloodpoints while killers reap in the points. I REALLY, REALLY don’t want to hear about people playing killers say “I was denied my 4th kill” .... pshh... and that’s not enough to say that killers aren’t feeling privileged or feeling entitled to killing all 4 survivors often right? If this game didn’t have a hatch, which, can still be stomped on by the killer, then I’d never play this game again. Because, why play something that’s SO reliant on the other 3 guys doing their part and taking out enough gens to make escaping possible? You’re telling me I need a full squad of 4 EVERY time I play your game? Nah I’m good. I want to survive. Killer should be satisfied with 0,1,2,3 or 4 kills because it’s fun to chase, fun to get a kill here and there. Not to slay whole teams. I understand you’re outnumbered a whopping 3 more people, but remember, they can’t fight back... I don’t believe it’s enough people to make killers as strong or fast as they are. They don’t need a million abilities that surpass those of Jason’s from Friday the 13th when he has 7 survivors to worry about (possibly 8 because of Tommy Jarvis’ arrival)

  • Not to mention, those 7/8 can fight back 😂

  • So GET OUTTAAAA Here with any killer complaints that you have. It’s absolute nonsense. Complaining About decisive strike because you were camping this guys hook and grabbed the same guy. Just play the game of hide and seek someone else that you forget to simply protect your gens even if it means not killing them. But.. nah. You gotta have your kill right? Gotta stare at that person on the hook until he quits or dies right? Psshhh.. what a pathetic way to play as a killer and frankly should be penalized for that kind of behavior.

  • You’re lucky you can’t be stunned via more methods than what are already in the game.

  • pallets are a great concept. But windows favor the killer 😂

  • Windows favor the killer in the sense that they can still hit you once your on the other side of that window without them having to vault through. Plus it does slow you down a tad going through it. So if the killers right on your tail it’s game over. Lockers are too obvious. The game needs more hiding places 😂

  • Lol every games a slugging oni, bubba or billy including me being killer. Devs have to see this right? Its beyond awful trying to enjoy this game. I again want to continue to play but damn, when the new res game comes out, if some thing doesn't change I'm gone.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066639#Comment_1066639

    Billy didn't need ruin but a lot of killers did. Or something similar. Many killers require time to down someone and we all know 3 gens can pop during that. Intervention only blocks some gens and once it wears off you really need to keep up the pressure. PoP is great but it doesn't slow down the early game because you need a hook. I agree ruin wasn't that great a perk but it at least thinned out the herd. Now the red ranks are flooded with survivors that don't belong there because there's nothing stopping them from completing gens and getting out.

    It's like kids in Little League playing in the NFL against professional athletes.

    What you say happens very rarely, and if you balance the game around that situation, you're gonna ruin it for a lot of people. Also, if that happens, doesn't mean you will lose the match. You can recover from that situation. I win most of my matches whitout ruin with every killer, except the weaker ones, so i think the game is somewhat fine on that aspect. (I LOVE Scott's idea about the early game, maybe they could implement it)

  • @a_good_player said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066705#Comment_1066705

    What you say happens very rarely, and if you balance the game around that situation, you're gonna ruin it for a lot of people. Also, if that happens, doesn't mean you will lose the match. You can recover from that situation. I win most of my matches whitout ruin with every killer, except the weaker ones, so i think the game is somewhat fine on that aspect. (I LOVE Scott's idea about the early game, maybe they could implement it)

    Yet they balance a game around newer people and that doesnt ruin the game?

    Also if your using a non meta killer and the survivors have brains 3 gens popping is actually quite common. Assuming they each picked theyre own gen and they can loop.

  • So by yours and the devs logic, 3 gens are common to pop early. Why is there a need to do 5 if 3 are free?? Makes 0 sense.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1081360#Comment_1081360

    Yet they balance a game around newer people and that doesnt ruin the game?

    Also if your using a non meta killer and the survivors have brains 3 gens popping is actually quite common. Assuming they each picked theyre own gen and they can loop.

    Assuming that you are assuming that you are vsing a team of very good survivors, and it's absolutely normal that they beat you if you aren't good, or if you are using a low tier killer. But, again, that happens very rarely

1 2 3 4 ›