Survivors loosing on purpose to provide fake datas to devs?

I had multiple trials where my opponents did 4 gen in 3 minutes (they had toolboxes and I was the Wraith in Rotten Fields)

They left the last gen at 99% and then started messing around, so I get a 4k; they had pretty decent looping skills also, didn't fall for mindgames before the 4th gen popped. What the hell guys, are you really trying to tell them the game is in good conditions after the ruin rework?

Comments

  • Killers using the most broken Gen Rush Builds on PTB to false the Data is ok.

    Survivors giving up to false the Data is not ok.

    Correct answer: Both things are not ok.


    I have not really experienced that. I mean, I have experienced Teammates where I am not sure if they actually want to play the game or just mess with everyone, but I guess thats just the standard random DBD Teammate(s) you get.

    (And I highly doubt that this is happening in an intensity that it will affect any data at all)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killers using the most broken Gen Rush Builds on PTB to false the Data is ok.

    Survivors giving up to false the Data is not ok.

    Correct answer: Both things are not ok.

    I have not really experienced that. I mean, I have experienced Teammates where I am not sure if they actually want to play the game or just mess with everyone, but I guess thats just the standard random DBD Teammate(s) you get.

    Killers did that to tell the game is actually unplayable (at least for the standard 4,6 ms killer),

    Survivors are doing this to tell an unplayable game is fair to play as and to play against? *derpface*

  • If you believe survivors are wasting there time 'faking data' i may have something to sell you. Its these magical beans, they dont do anything but theyre magical. 2000 bucks per bean, deal?

  • @Wesker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038420#Comment_1038420

    Killers did that to tell the game is actually unplayable (at least for the standard 4,6 ms killer),

    Survivors are doing this to tell an unplayable game is fair to play as and to play against? *derpface*

    "Killers did that to tell the game is actually unplayable (at least for the standard 4,6 ms killer),"

    It isnt.

    Man, it is really funny how you Killer Mains act:

    BHVR releases stats-->"You cannot see which Ranks, so they are worthless!"

    BHVR releases new stats, with Red Ranks-->"All platforms are mixed, it is worthless!"

    Future explanation when BHVR releases stats-->"Survivors kill themselves to false the data!"

    I would laugh, when I would not be sure that this is meant entirely serious.

  • And don't forget people are doing challenges and from this seems like swf group was doing that idiotic protect forever challenge.. Get 4 safe unhooks or 4 protected hits in one trial... Again pretty stupid challenge... Yet again out clever and rank 16 devs thought this is great idea... All what it does is once again forcing people to play differently and literally throwing into the blade to killer

  • Probably, in any case I have my tinfoil hat ready.

  • Nah, that's taking one step too far into conspiracy theory territory if you ask me. It's far more likely they simply wanted to prolong the match and didn't really care about escaping if you ask me.

    They could've also gone for challenges that require people to get hit/hooked, like ones revolving around healing or unhooking but still wanted to get some gens done too.

  • @oxygen said:

    Nah, that's taking one step too far into conspiracy theory territory if you ask me. It's far more likely they simply wanted to prolong the match and didn't really care about escaping if you ask me.

    They could've also gone for challenges that require people to get hit/hooked, like ones revolving around healing or unhooking but still wanted to get some gens done too.

    Well, that shows another problem. People are throwing matches, just to complete these ridiculous challenges. I'm pretty sure these "challenges" are corrupting the data that the devs look into.

  • But that's just a theory... A CONSPIRACY THEORY... Thanks for baiting.

    No. We don't. Where'd you get that idea? *Suspiciously looks side to side*

  • @oxygen said:

    Nah, that's taking one step too far into conspiracy theory territory if you ask me. It's far more likely they simply wanted to prolong the match and didn't really care about escaping if you ask me.

    They could've also gone for challenges that require people to get hit/hooked, like ones revolving around healing or unhooking but still wanted to get some gens done too.

    That survivors dont want to end the round, escape and additionally might be messing around because they can, isnt that pretty concerning in itself?

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038516#Comment_1038516

    Well, that shows another problem. People are throwing matches, just to complete these ridiculous challenges. I'm pretty sure these "challenges" are corrupting the data that the devs look into.

    While I don't view it as much as a "problem" when it comes to statistics and such, I totally agree that people basically throwing to get challenges done can make match quality drop for sure. If you have 4 survivors all going for unhook challenges you already know it'll be a mess of a match 😄

    I'd imagine the devs are aware though, and while data might be part of what makes them take decisions it's not gonna make them change something based on the data alone. Even the Ruin change wasn't exclusively "it's used too much", they had other motivations as well even if people disagree with them.


    @Raptorrotas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038516#Comment_1038516

    That survivors dont want to end the round, escape and additionally might be messing around because they can, isnt that pretty concerning in itself?

    Not really inherently concerning. Matches where one side is capable of toying with the other will to some extent always happen unless the game had some sort of impossibly perfect matchmaking if you ask me.

  • Maybe they wanted totems or points.

    Survivors in general dont often play very smart. They probably thought they had the game in the bag and got cocky

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038429#Comment_1038429

    BHVR Releases stats and says "don't draw any conclusions, the data isn't accurate and doesn't the full story" ---> Survivors draw conclusions and use as evidence to say killers are OP.

    I would be totally fine if they dont release any stats at all. Because Killers seem to not believe them anyway and while Peanits did indeed say that what you quoted, it does not mean that the states are showing a different reality.

    In general I am quite surprised that BHVR is that active with their community, given the fact how ungrateful most people are.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038423#Comment_1038423

    "Killers did that to tell the game is actually unplayable (at least for the standard 4,6 ms killer),"

    It isnt.

    Man, it is really funny how you Killer Mains act:

    BHVR releases stats-->"You cannot see which Ranks, so they are worthless!"

    BHVR releases new stats, with Red Ranks-->"All platforms are mixed, it is worthless!"

    Future explanation when BHVR releases stats-->"Survivors kill themselves to false the data!"

    I would laugh, when I would not be sure that this is meant entirely serious.

    Don't pretend that it doesn't happen from both sides.


    *Data shows 60% escape rate spiking to 80% because of dumb stay taking method*

    "It only records post game stats, so it doesn't count!"


    Can't we just all agree BHVR stats are inconsistent and rough

  • Or maybe they didn’t want a boring 3 minute game and actually wanted to pip up by getting in chases or doing altruistic things.

    It’s funny how you’d most likely be complaining the other way if they actually finished the last gen and escaped.

    This player-base needs to learn how to not be biased, both ways, and need to stop jumping to far fetched conclusions such as yours.

  • There was 3 gens left on the map, and you didn't find the one that was at 99 to kick? Regardless if they decided to prolong the game, longer games only end up in the Killer's favor.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038664#Comment_1038664

    Except they themselves LITERALLY SAID THE DATA ISN'T THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION???

    I don't mean to be rude, but I hope you can read what you just typed and realize how hypocritical it sounds right now.

    I mean, unless you want to argue against what the devs themselves said and argue that the stats are true regardless of what they said, then I guess we can go back to disputing these stats as well since it "does not mean the stats are showing a different reality":

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/847/AGTI3RYZB2BI.png

    ...Even though, you know, the devs themselves claimed that the stats are indeed, showing a different reality.

    How funny red rank killers can have up to 75% of kill rate in red ranks but in another graph red rank survivors can have an 80% survival rate, simply based on how the data was taken. That's how misleading the stats can be. The two graphs show completely polarizing data and that's simply because of how that data was collected.

    I just don't understand what you're trying to argue with here. That the stats are 75% correct? That they're 50% correct?

    If I get a math question that asks "5 + 5 = ?" and I answer "9", I'm not 90% correct. I'm 0% correct -- and 100% wrong. Being "close" doesn't make my answer partially correct. Even if we were to agree that the stats were say, 75% correct, what part of the stats are 75% correct and what part is 25% incorrect? How can we tell and filter it out? Beats me.

    The stats are either accurate, or they're inaccurate. There is no in between. The end result is that the way they took the stats themselves is inaccurate to the actual reality of the situation and therefore is misleading.

    So they are wrong and shouldn't be used for balance discussion or decisions or as evidence. That's simply the fact of the matter. Using these stats, that again -- we know are wrong and don't tell the true story of the situation, as a means for evidence and proof when discussing game balance, may as well be the same as intentionally misleading and weaving a false narrative to sabotage the balance of the game.

    No conclusions =/= wrong. And I am talking about the second release of the Stats, not the first one (which indeed had some wrong graphics, like the one you are presenting here).

    I honestly dont know what your point is.

  • The Stats at least the ones we were given are useless.

    Unless the Devs look much deeper they wont mean a thing, There's just too many variables to games to warrant taking the Stats seriously. As well there's the huge issue of ranking and matchmaking in general, People generally aren't facing people of the same skill levels, The way the matchmaking and ranking system makes it a toss up - If you want clear results you'd need to fix that first and foremost.

  • I mean... Are you pointing this out because they didn't play the way you wanted them to? Seems to be a big problem with this community in general.

  • I have heard people saying they will skew the results/data because they are so upset with changes or w.e.... On twitter/discord/streams. It apparently is a thing....

    Which makes me wonder about the data.., You know I would REALLY love to understand how they get their data. Because we all know people derank. Killers and survivors.

    If a killer deranks its just him. Survivors though, even if they all aren't, if one dc or leaves the match right away, this seems to significantly decrease the odds for the others to "win" or succeed in the match... Or survivors just afking or doing badly in the match... It does make me wonder about the data...

    I am just confused about the data, because they say they go by the data, but then they give us inaccurate data that we were told not to go by. So, I really am at a loss with this.... I'd love to know more.

  • I understand where you’re coming from, but I’d highly doubt that this is anything serious; after all, contributing to this data collection, this is SO minor in terms of overall effort.

    I get the feeling the survivors just flat out weren’t being productive, most likely looking for totems especially with “Craft Time’s over”, or trying to take hits for the David challenge.

    TLDR: I don’t think survivors would throw games for this, it’s too trivial for something that would make little to no difference period.

  • Personally, unless I'm doing a challenge or something that requires it, I usually don't care if I escape. If the killer is obviously struggling, I may give them a free hook or even a free sacrifice.

    Or maybe the survivors got their Objective points and then they wanted to actually do something by interacting with the killer. In higher ranks, gen rushing often ends with few Bloodpoints and a de-pip. If you're really worried about it, you could refuse to kill them.

  • @HellCatJane said:

    I have heard people saying they will skew the results/data because they are so upset with changes or w.e.... On twitter/discord/streams. It apparently is a thing....

    Which makes me wonder about the data.., You know I would REALLY love to understand how they get their data. Because we all know people derank. Killers and survivors.

    If a killer deranks its just him. Survivors though, even if they all aren't, if one dc or leaves the match right away, this seems to significantly decrease the odds for the others to "win" or succeed in the match... Or survivors just afking or doing badly in the match... It does make me wonder about the data...

    I am just confused about the data, because they say they go by the data, but then they give us inaccurate data that we were told not to go by. So, I really am at a loss with this.... I'd love to know more.

    If the killer deranks that's a 0k. If a survivor does that's a 3-4k. Survivor deranking is not more effective.

  • maybe the games are going too fast for them and they want to farm more points?

    It would have to be a real tin-foil conspiracy for a widespread data manipulation to happen a mere few hours after the rank/matchmaking announcement.

  • do you really think they would queue for 10mins just to purposefully die?

  • @Wesker said:

    I had multiple trials where my opponents did 4 gen in 3 minutes (they had toolboxes and I was the Wraith in Rotten Fields)

    They left the last gen at 99% and then started messing around, so I get a 4k; they had pretty decent looping skills also, didn't fall for mindgames before the 4th gen popped. What the hell guys, are you really trying to tell them the game is in good conditions after the ruin rework?

    But that's just at a theory... A GAME THEORY

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killers using the most broken Gen Rush Builds on PTB to false the Data is ok.

    Survivors giving up to false the Data is not ok.

    Correct answer: Both things are not ok.

    I have not really experienced that. I mean, I have experienced Teammates where I am not sure if they actually want to play the game or just mess with everyone, but I guess thats just the standard random DBD Teammate(s) you get.

    Big difference I'm afraid buddy.

    If killers did in fact used the most optimal build during the ptb, they were doing nothing but to use something that is available in the game and quite frequent at the red rank. (Optimal players). It only proves that when played optimal, the game is heavily favored towards survivors.

    Survivors not doing their objective to try skew the stats is totally opposite of what killers did.

    Killers were trying to show that the mechanics and tools AVAILABLE in the game are not fine, while survivors are choosing to ######### up in order to skew the stats.

    Not really hard to grasp, but I won't expect you to understand.

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    If you believe survivors are wasting there time 'faking data' i may have something to sell you. Its these magical beans, they dont do anything but theyre magical. 2000 bucks per bean, deal?

    How many beans and can I pay in exposures. I got a friend with 500 subs on youtube, so I can get him to give you exposures.

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    If you believe survivors are wasting there time 'faking data' i may have something to sell you. Its these magical beans, they dont do anything but theyre magical. 2000 bucks per bean, deal?

    This made my night

  • @Wesker said:

    I had multiple trials where my opponents did 4 gen in 3 minutes (they had toolboxes and I was the Wraith in Rotten Fields)

    They left the last gen at 99% and then started messing around, so I get a 4k; they had pretty decent looping skills also, didn't fall for mindgames before the 4th gen popped. What the hell guys, are you really trying to tell them the game is in good conditions after the ruin rework?

    You need to sell what you been taking

  • Alright keep giving excuses like this one so that the DEVS go to the killers side.

    *evil laugh*

  • The survivors could simply be trying to do totems, especially if they suspect NOED.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killers using the most broken Gen Rush Builds on PTB to false the Data is ok.

    Survivors giving up to false the Data is not ok.

    Correct answer: Both things are not ok.

    I have not really experienced that. I mean, I have experienced Teammates where I am not sure if they actually want to play the game or just mess with everyone, but I guess thats just the standard random DBD Teammate(s) you get.

    (And I highly doubt that this is happening in an intensity that it will affect any data at all)

    What builds are killers using to make gens go faster?

  • @Wesker said:

    I had multiple trials where my opponents did 4 gen in 3 minutes (they had toolboxes and I was the Wraith in Rotten Fields)

    They left the last gen at 99% and then started messing around, so I get a 4k; they had pretty decent looping skills also, didn't fall for mindgames before the 4th gen popped. What the hell guys, are you really trying to tell them the game is in good conditions after the ruin rework?

    No honestly, if you think this is what is causing this your being ridiculous. If anyone is doing this to prove the Devs data I can assure you it's so rare because I've never even heard of it that it probably wouldn't skew the results at all. Infact farming killers and killers giving up the hatch is far more common and would more than counter any skew to the data that this extremely small group of people do. Devs data isn't being proved by survivors dying on purpose...

  • It could be they wanted to get their pips and if you genrush and leave everyone black pips or even depips

  • The amount of people that would have to do this, to actually mess up the stats....

    Lets just say this would have to happen like repeatedly, every night, to everyone who plays the game to have an affect like that.

    Thing is, I have never really run into this problem at all in a TON of games since the update. So there is just not enough people to really cause a problem doing it.

    On top of that killers are probably doing the same, so it's in the same ballpark I imagine as they cancel each other out.

    and on top of all THAT they don't look at just stats anyways.

  • Tbh as a survivor I get so bored and kinda upset how fast matches are now and with having such long queue times, I just start to dick around lol. Idc if I live or die. Just trying to have some fun before waiting another 5 to 10 minutes for a short, gen run game.