So it's been a couple days

And I'm honestly wondering now if old ruin was any help at all. I'm playing all my killers, using corrupt on some like hag and trapper, new ruin on some and I'm honestly having the same results I've always had.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • To be honest, new Ruin is FAR better than old Ruin.

  • Weird...it's almost like too many killer players are clinging to the argument of an unbalanced game despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

  • Tried it for a while, it's pretty okay.

    Quickly got sick of not being able to use Pop Goes The Weasel though.

  • I mean playing hag & spirit I don’t see a difference but playing killers like Plague gens get done before I even get one hook off

  • @Boss said:

    Tried it for a while, it's pretty okay.

    Quickly got sick of not being able to use Pop Goes The Weasel though.

    But, like, it’s still a hex perk.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Weird...it's almost like too many killer players are clinging to the argument of an unbalanced game despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

    Or they quit like they said they would and dont see the bother in commenting atm.

    You know, the other likely possibility.

  • @goat10em said:

    And I'm honestly wondering now if old ruin was any help at all. I'm playing all my killers, using corrupt on some like hag and trapper, new ruin on some and I'm honestly having the same results I've always had.

    Old Ruin was honestly only to help with bad RNG. A lot of people just used it because they were told it's a perk you need to be able to win by a large percentage of the playerbase. While it definitely had its uses like learning a new killer. It was never really needed other then a few things. I think what really irritated people was when it got revealed that it was being changed the comment was entirely "Survivor Bias". Truthfully it was pretty survivor sided.

    @Waffleyumboy said:

    Weird...it's almost like too many killer players are clinging to the argument of an unbalanced game despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

    It is a unbalanced game it just depends on which update cycle we are in which side it typically favors. Currently Killers are stronger then they have ever been, but that does not improve the quality of playing Killer against God Tier Loops, Broken RNG Pallet spawns, Horrid Map Design, and Survivors stacking second chance perk upon second chance perk. While it may seem kinda moot it does not take much skill as a survivor to abuse these elements. Map design can affect both sides watch how the next new map release goes.

    I could explain the Survivors issues for the game as well against killers, but that's honestly a beaten horse on the forums currently. It's all over the place.

    In the end I thing both sides need some amounts of reworks. Yet everyone looks at specific issues which imho rarely are the real issues.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124146/so-its-been-a-couple-days

    Old Ruin was honestly only to help with bad RNG. A lot of people just used it because they were told it's a perk you need to be able to win by a large percentage of the playerbase. While it definitely had its uses like learning a new killer. It was never really needed other then a few things. I think what really irritated people was when it got revealed that it was being changed the comment was entirely "Survivor Bias". Truthfully it was pretty survivor sided.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033551#Comment_1033551

    It is a unbalanced game it just depends on which update cycle we are in which side it typically favors. Currently Killers are stronger then they have ever been, but that does not improve the quality of playing Killer against God Tier Loops, Broken RNG Pallet spawns, Horrid Map Design, and Survivors stacking second chance perk upon second chance perk. While it may seem kinda moot it does not take much skill as a survivor to abuse these elements. Map design can affect both sides watch how the next new map release goes.

    I could explain the Survivors issues for the game as well against killers, but that's honestly a beaten horse on the forums currently. It's all over the place.

    In the end I thing both sides need some amounts of reworks. Yet everyone looks at specific issues which imho rarely are the real issues.

    I am having fun abusing all the second chance perks as a survivor doing the archive objectives and leveling the remainder of my survivors. So many second chances and ways to ######### over a killer with almost no effort. The real enemy to survivor is their fellow survivors, they get me killed more than the killers actions.

  • @FleshTorpedo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033742#Comment_1033742

    I am having fun abusing all the second chance perks as a survivor doing the archive objectives and leveling the remainder of my survivors. So many second chances and ways to ######### over a killer with almost no effort. The real enemy to survivor is their fellow survivors, they get me killed more than the killers actions.

    XD have fun with that and I dl agree it's mostly fellow survs screwkng you. I honestly think Killers will eventually wisen up and move against them. Might be awhile I do hope the devs start working on this for the sake of balancing issues eventually. Forever Freddy was boring and toxic, but a Survivor running 4 second chance perks is not really all that different either.

  • @goat10em said:

    And I'm honestly wondering now if old ruin was any help at all. I'm playing all my killers, using corrupt on some like hag and trapper, new ruin on some and I'm honestly having the same results I've always had.

    It honestly depends on the person who your playing and who you are playing against. I am glad that you are adapting to it. When I heard that they were changing ruin, I phased it out of my perk line up to see what it would be like. Didn't really notice too much difference. Though to be fair, I have put a lot of hours into this game. I think the people that are struggling most are the people that depended on ruin to win their games. Don't get me wrong, in my opinion, I do believe that gen completion might need looking at. However, if you are relying on one thing to win, it is not setting yourself up for success in this game. There are a lot of factors that are included in why people are upset.

  • Do you even need PGTW when the Gens can be done even with the hex still around the game especially on red ranks? Lol.. A Waste of Perk space if that happens.. Yeah right, you and your survivor sided mind..

  • @Samwise444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124146/so-its-been-a-couple-days

    It honestly depends on the person who your playing and who you are playing against. I am glad that you are adapting to it. When I heard that they were changing ruin, I phased it out of my perk line up to see what it would be like. Didn't really notice too much difference. Though to be fair, I have put a lot of hours into this game. I think the people that are struggling most are the people that depended on ruin to win their games. Don't get me wrong, in my opinion, I do believe that gen completion might need looking at. However, if you are relying on one thing to win, it is not setting yourself up for success in this game. There are a lot of factors that are included in why people are upset.

    Agree completely. I'm not saying nobody has the right to be upset. I completely understand why and I was one of the most upset.

  • I still miss the old ruin, but it's so good to use other perks though

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033800#Comment_1033800

    Agree completely. I'm not saying nobody has the right to be upset. I completely understand why and I was one of the most upset.

    Completely hear you. Wasn't trying to come at you. Best of luck in your games.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033763#Comment_1033763

    XD have fun with that and I dl agree it's mostly fellow survs screwkng you. I honestly think Killers will eventually wisen up and move against them. Might be awhile I do hope the devs start working on this for the sake of balancing issues eventually. Forever Freddy was boring and toxic, but a Survivor running 4 second chance perks is not really all that different either.

    First 20 seconds of game, 2 dumb ass survivors just let Michael get T3 stalk on them. How ######### ######### do randoms have to be?

  • @FleshTorpedo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033780#Comment_1033780

    First 20 seconds of game, 2 dumb ass survivors just let Michael get T3 stalk on them. How ######### ######### do randoms have to be?

    The lack of talent among survivors on red ranks is the only thing that allows red rank killers to succeed imo. The good news is with the new rank reset more potatoes are in red

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033871#Comment_1033871

    The lack of talent among survivors on red ranks is the only thing that allows red rank killers to succeed imo. The good news is with the new rank reset more potatoes are in red

    Its so bad, id rather just suicide out and find a new lobby on more than half my games.

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033871#Comment_1033871

    The lack of talent among survivors on red ranks is the only thing that allows red rank killers to succeed imo. The good news is with the new rank reset more potatoes are in red

    It is really bad. Just played a game against a Rank 5 killer and had two purple ranks and two red ranks. We were waiting for one gen left to pop. The purple ranks were just healing and doing gens in front of the trapper. The other red rank wasn't much better. Completely wasted time. The system is going to somewhat screw over good survivors now too.

  • Why would you use CI on either Hag or Trapper? They either A) hide for two minutes, nullifying a perk, or B) manage to get a gen done in the middle, and when CI ends, they have three new ones in the far reaches of the map that neither Hag nor Trapper can effectively cover. Maybe that's just me.

    Either way, I haven't been enjoying it all that much. On the larger maps, I try and force a three gen, and that isn't all that fun. But then, I'm playing mostly Trapper and Plague atm.

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033871#Comment_1033871

    The lack of talent among survivors on red ranks is the only thing that allows red rank killers to succeed imo. The good news is with the new rank reset more potatoes are in red

    Yeah not sure what devs were thinking with that tbh, new rank reset makes staying in red rank a dawdle as surv s'long as you have something akin to a brain, eyes and both hands, and just put the hours in. Ranking as killer is p easy until about purple ranks, again it's just a time investment.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Why would you use CI on either Hag or Trapper? They either A) hide for two minutes, nullifying a perk, or B) manage to get a gen done in the middle, and when CI ends, they have three new ones in the far reaches of the map that neither Hag nor Trapper can effectively cover. Maybe that's just me.

    Either way, I haven't been enjoying it all that much. On the larger maps, I try and force a three gen, and that isn't all that fun. But then, I'm playing mostly Trapper and Plague atm.

    Depends on your build, with CI you can build a 3 gen strat using either side of the map, it will require you to push them to the side that you want/dont want during the match. It does require you to be flexible. I dont really like CI on hag but it can be made to work.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Why would you use CI on either Hag or Trapper? They either A) hide for two minutes, nullifying a perk, or B) manage to get a gen done in the middle, and when CI ends, they have three new ones in the far reaches of the map that neither Hag nor Trapper can effectively cover. Maybe that's just me.

    Either way, I haven't been enjoying it all that much. On the larger maps, I try and force a three gen, and that isn't all that fun. But then, I'm playing mostly Trapper and Plague atm.

    I don't understand what you mean. But it's working for me. That's all I know

  • I never used it anyway😅

  • @DragonOfPain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033751#Comment_1033751

    Do you even need PGTW when the Gens can be done even with the hex still around the game especially on red ranks? Lol.. A Waste of Perk space if that happens.. Yeah right, you and your survivor sided mind..

    Stop being so salty. I play both sides.

  • Sure.

    The length of its lifespan in my latest matches has made it a worthwhile Perk though.

  • Can't say it's a bad idea, but don't like backups.

  • @goat10em said:

    And I'm honestly wondering now if old ruin was any help at all. I'm playing all my killers, using corrupt on some like hag and trapper, new ruin on some and I'm honestly having the same results I've always had.

    I wouldnt say hag need corrupt, indeed the more small is the area more destruction she causes.When 3 gens left and everyone is injured is hag time to have fun.

  • @FleshTorpedo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033780#Comment_1033780

    First 20 seconds of game, 2 dumb ass survivors just let Michael get T3 stalk on them. How ######### ######### do randoms have to be?

    I mean what do you expect in all honesty?

    Survivor requires little effort to rank up in the first place. It's not skill based it's time invested. On top of that like we had mentioned before Survivors can run up to 4 second chance perks (Which Should Be Nerfed Similar to 4 Slow Down Perks on Killer). With the new design of rank reset you'll see people who don't even belong in green ranks let alone in red ranks now. They will get carried by the Second Chance perks though. Either the Team will have to carry or suffer as a result SwF will become commonplace more then ever. Entitled Survivors will continue to DC after being downed as the first person and scream they got tunneled.

    On top of that with Ruin gone and the fact Dev's have stated they will be more careful of how slow down perks stack in the future because 4 slow down perks are a little overbearing I.E Forever Freddy. Killers who still play with progressively be getting better then before since they will have to compensate for the lack of Ruin. More likely to learn which loops are easier to play while others they should drop chase. It might take a few months, but it will happen.

    They really should remove the Safety Pip with the current version of rank reset though in all honesty. It would help significantly with how the games been laid out for the future.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Weird...it's almost like too many killer players are clinging to the argument of an unbalanced game despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

    It is lol if your going up against a swf or players who know what there doing then it’s very stressful sometimes I have 2-3 gens go in 2 minutes especially with killers with no map pressure games go very fast now

  • Unnoticeable to me as killer, as survivor killers either kill all or none, more so, on the none side with a random match here and there where the weakest link is tunnelled to death.

  • Thing is, when using PGTW and new Ruin, you will play with 3 Perks. While Ruin is up, you will not be able to use PGTW and once Ruin is down... Well, you have 3 Perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Well, I've sure noticed my escape rate rocketed through the roof and average match times went from around 9~11 minutes down to 5~7 before I stopped playing. Though to be fair, I can't tell if that's because of the Ruin nerf, the botched matchmaking, or a mix of both.

    Out of curiosity, I've been watching a killer main stream who is relatively new to the game, and oh my god, it's like watching a train wreck. He gets more and more demoralized with the game every day and is pretty close to dropping the game because every game is him versus at least two red ranks, usually rank 1's, usually in a SWF, who absolute bully the ######### out of him. The current state of the game is pathetic. Almost every game he asks "What could I as a new player do? Not what could a 2,000 hour veteran of the game do, what could <I> as a newer player have done?" And there's no answer to that question. There's no solution, other than to not play the game.

    This entire "initiative" to help new survivors while the new killers who sometimes don't even have hours into the triple digits yet are just getting repeatedly screwed with a broom stick sideways every game by survivors who have hours into the 3 or even 4 digits.

    BHVR totally has their priorities straight, yeah.

    In all honesty Survivors in post game chat have a serious toxicity problem and in later games in the day when SWF get on, getting a 4 man flashlight 3 man body blocking on first down at lower skill levels is disheartening for newer players. Getting death treats, told to #########, and other racial/sexual slurs that get thrown by survivors is one of the major turn offs for this game.

    I mean I personally dont have an issue when people say this ######### to me, but I know alot of casual players will. When i play survivor I never have the killer say anything remotely as toxic as i get survivors saying to me as killer.

  • Honestly, I am surprised myself.

    Now, in some games, it has made a difference. I was facing an obvious swf team earlier, but I was playing out of my mind that match, and got 2 kills (would have been 3, bit I let the last one escape. I admired her bravery to unhook the only other alive survivor across the map, which he got out).

    I still feel like gen speed still sucks. I will stick to my guns and say that the core mechanics of the game make that hard. Ruin had the only answer to bandaid this issue, instead of solving it outright.

    And now that I have seen it, I am starting to think that some of the comments are right. Just as now the red ranked survivors are flooding red ranks, there were some truly bad killers in red ranks too, and just had Been lucky matches with ruin and their matches. Now, I dont think it is everybody, but there were some killers that shouldn't be in red ranks, just as there are TONS of survivors that are in red ranks that shouldn't.

  • @goat10em said:

    And I'm honestly wondering now if old ruin was any help at all. I'm playing all my killers, using corrupt on some like hag and trapper, new ruin on some and I'm honestly having the same results I've always had.

    I never used ruin that much on killers. Lately tho all I've been encountering is head shaking tunnelers who smack you on hook.

  • @leyzyman said:

    Honestly, I am surprised myself.

    Now, in some games, it has made a difference. I was facing an obvious swf team earlier, but I was playing out of my mind that match, and got 2 kills (would have been 3, bit I let the last one escape. I admired her bravery to unhook the only other alive survivor across the map, which he got out).

    I still feel like gen speed still sucks. I will stick to my guns and say that the core mechanics of the game make that hard. Ruin had the only answer to bandaid this issue, instead of solving it outright.

    And now that I have seen it, I am starting to think that some of the comments are right. Just as now the red ranked survivors are flooding red ranks, there were some truly bad killers in red ranks too, and just had Been lucky matches with ruin and their matches. Now, I dont think it is everybody, but there were some killers that shouldn't be in red ranks, just as there are TONS of survivors that are in red ranks that shouldn't.

    Agreed

  • I know it’s off subject but ,I’ve been running Franklins demise and blood warden on trapper it’s a gassss.when they try and gather there dropped tools and med kits before they leave then your there with noed lol they all scatter and hide pretty funny