Ebony and Ivory Mori nerf when?

Getting tired of killers immediately assuming every swf I play in is some .000000000000005% meta gen rush squad and bring out the most sweaty killers and builds with an ebony mori and proceeds to ghostface tbag the entire match and mori everyone off a two hook because we didn't play perfect and loop him for 3 gens a chase so we get punished with getting tunneled into death... devs please do something about mori's they are broken and make the game utterly unfun for survivors and give no points to anyone.

My suggestion is simple, leave cypress as is, make ivory mori work only when you get one survivor to death hook status, and ebony work when you can kill all survivors only when they are death hook, why this hasn't been done is beyond me. Even as a player who enjoy's both sides fervently this change should have been done a long time ago.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044841#Comment_1044841

    And since in Red ranks, that gen is done within the first minute, that's totally fair, right? While I understand that queues and match length are pretty messed up right now, it doesn't change the fact that a Killer still has to put in the work to use a Mori. Keys should be on par, and they aren't. One is an offering, one a multipurpose item that can be protected and reused. That in and of itself makes them unbalanced by comparison. Keys and hatch mechanics need a rework. Personally, if they ain't changes it so the hatch closes directly after allowing the key holder -and no one else- through, then, it would be far more balanced.

    For it to allow 2 people to leave through hatch that means you'd have two kills and they would have finished 3 gens. I DESPISE gen times as I've literally stopped playing killer at this point because of gen rushing is so out of control. But if we have to fix keys or gen times I'd rather gen times and moris be fixed first

  • @BHVR_is_idiotic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124107/ebony-and-ivory-mori-nerf-when

    Key nerf when? Gen time nerf when? SWF nerf when? Map size nerf when? BT nerf when? Adrenaline nerf when? DS nerf when? Unbreakable nerf when? God loop nerf when? Toolbox nerf when?

    Nice bait.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045379#Comment_1045379

    I don't think anyone is complaining about people who are somehow incapable of tunneling and doing a mori.

    It's the people who succeed and can delete a survivor with 5 gens still remaining. You can try and justify that all you want, but it literally just circumvents the entire game flow and if you disagree I don't really know what to say. At least when someone has a key the match still occurs.

    If someone is getting caught that fast, it's at lower ranks. That rarely happens at purple or above. And that's not the Killers fault that's just bad rng spawning. You spawned, killer found you faster than normal, hooks and tunnels, then waits for the rescue and ends you. That takes a HUGE load of the killer by slowing down the pace of the trial to more manageable levels. Just because you have to cue up for another match, doesn't mean it's game breaking or op. Just means you lacked the skill to get away or got unlucky. And if it's a problem. Because you're in a swf team, just think about how the killer feels having to go up against teams almost constantly. Newsflash: it's not fun.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045333#Comment_1045333

    For it to allow 2 people to leave through hatch that means you'd have two kills and they would have finished 3 gens. I DESPISE gen times as I've literally stopped playing killer at this point because of gen rushing is so out of control. But if we have to fix keys or gen times I'd rather gen times and moris be fixed first

    Yeah, no. Mori's don't need to be fixed. That comment right there makes it obvious you're Survivor sided in this, because Mori's can drastically alter gen time issues by allowing you to eliminate Survivors early, slowing down progress. Not only does it think the heard, bit from the moment that Mori skull shows onscreen, the caution kicks in and makes the rest think and play.more carefully, more often then not. Mori's are one of the few immutable answers to gen rushing, used properly. Where as a Killer can work their butt of all match, get a couple hard won kills and back the last Survivors into a corner, only to have them circumvent the repair and exit gate process and escape all at once, ending the trial early.

    So no, it's not better, or different. Keys should be single use/user offerings, just like Mori's.

  • You can't nerf them now. With no perk to give you early game pressure, you need to be able to kill a survivor early to bring down the comp from 4 to 3, making it more manageable.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044102#Comment_1044102

    Games can change.

    If you want people to just not complain about anything annoying to them, let's go back to beta DBD where Survivors were actual Gods with double window shack, tons of infinites, double the pallets, insta blinds, instant self care, etc. No complaining right?

    A rarity that may make a game unwinnable vs a common occurrence that may make the game unwinnable...

    Not exactly a like comparison.

  • @StuMacher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044342#Comment_1044342

    A rarity that may make a game unwinnable vs a common occurrence that may make the game unwinnable...

    Not exactly a like comparison.

    Apparently it doesn't matter. We shouldn't complain no matter what, right?

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045387#Comment_1045387

    If someone is getting caught that fast, it's at lower ranks. That rarely happens at purple or above. And that's not the Killers fault that's just bad rng spawning. You spawned, killer found you faster than normal, hooks and tunnels, then waits for the rescue and ends you. That takes a HUGE load of the killer by slowing down the pace of the trial to more manageable levels. Just because you have to cue up for another match, doesn't mean it's game breaking or op. Just means you lacked the skill to get away or got unlucky. And if it's a problem. Because you're in a swf team, just think about how the killer feels having to go up against teams almost constantly. Newsflash: it's not fun.

    I think I'm capable of being in red ranks and spawning in a deadzone against Hillbilly.

    And I'd sure hope it takes a big load of the Killer's shoulders, because they were just handed a free win unless they royally screw that up.

    Don't know why you bring up SWF. Solo queues can result in Mori's as well. And they're even more devastating, furthering the divide between solo queue and SWF.

    I play both sides, and when I use a Mori as killer the game just becomes so easy and dull to the point that it is boring. I'm guarantied to win if I even remotely try.

    It really shouldn't be a controversial opinion to say that something that doesn't let you play the game isn't good for the game that you're trying to play. But here we are I guess.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046194#Comment_1046194

    Apparently it doesn't matter. We shouldn't complain no matter what, right?

    By all means complain. I just don't think that you have looked at this argument from both sides. If you had, I think the key would be arguably less fair/balanced.

    I personally like it the way that it is, both mori and keys, and would not like a nerf to either. It adds an element of unpredictability. I think more killer offerings should be secret in enhance that unpredictability. I'm not sure if I would go as far to say hiding survivor items would be good for the game but it would keep killers on their toes.

    I'm not saying your complaint and grief is baseless only saying that I believe the game balances it out in so many other ways.

    I can sympathize with you on this: Matchmaking times are horrendous for survivor right now and it would suck to get one hooked.

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044882#Comment_1044882

    See, most of that is sensible. The ivory is the only thing I disagree with, purely because match speed is heavily dictated by Survivors. Once that different skull comes up, they change pace, and in red ranks, that's often a wasted Mori. It's why I don't use them often. They are nice to have, for those occasions where I wish to use one, but they aren't on par with a potentially reusable item that can be found in the trial and allows more than one to leave.

    I'm confused... I didn't change ivory mori in my mind its fine... it's the eboni that is strong and keys...

  • They already require a hook to use in the first place, and the Yellow Mori only works on the last survivor remaining in the trial. They don't need a nerf, unless they plan to remove the hatch, or nerf Key's.

  • @NullEXE said:

    They already require a hook to use in the first place, and the Yellow Mori only works on the last survivor remaining in the trial. They don't need a nerf, unless they plan to remove the hatch, or nerf Key's.

    Nobody should be complaining about the yellow mori lol. Mainly ebony that needs to go or be significantly nerfed in some way. I don't think keys are the Mori's counter part anyways. Insta heals were.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048073#Comment_1048073

    Nobody should be complaining about the yellow mori lol. Mainly ebony that needs to go or be significantly nerfed in some way. I don't think keys are the Mori's counter part anyways. Insta heals were.

    Huh I never heard them compared to insta heals when insta heals was a thing, but that's dumb. Insta-heals never needed a requirement. Unlike Key's which is - well for the hatch to spawn at 4 generators left.

    I wouldn't change anything about them. I don't use them personally, but so long as Key's exist mori's should too. Also you have to hook the person first, good players would only ever get hooked once in a game anyways.

  • Just saying it will get horrible before the changes go through because everyone will use their moris to get rid of them

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048266#Comment_1048266

    Huh I never heard them compared to insta heals when insta heals was a thing, but that's dumb. Insta-heals never needed a requirement. Unlike Key's which is - well for the hatch to spawn at 4 generators left.

    I wouldn't change anything about them. I don't use them personally, but so long as Key's exist mori's should too. Also you have to hook the person first, good players would only ever get hooked once in a game anyways.

    Insta heals cheated death, Mori's sped up the death.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045940#Comment_1045940

    I think I'm capable of being in red ranks and spawning in a deadzone against Hillbilly.

    And I'd sure hope it takes a big load of the Killer's shoulders, because they were just handed a free win unless they royally screw that up.

    Don't know why you bring up SWF. Solo queues can result in Mori's as well. And they're even more devastating, furthering the divide between solo queue and SWF.

    I play both sides, and when I use a Mori as killer the game just becomes so easy and dull to the point that it is boring. I'm guarantied to win if I even remotely try.

    It really shouldn't be a controversial opinion to say that something that doesn't let you play the game isn't good for the game that you're trying to play. But here we are I guess.

    That's the issue I'm having with your opinion. Your acting like all killers are ALWAYS using Mori's, and ALWAYS driving the game down as fast as possible. Neither of those is the case. First, even a fully prestiged character won't have Ebony more than a few times, because their fairly rare in the web, and unlike keys, that's the ONLY way Killers get them. Second, the prevailing mori's, Ivory and Cypress, only allow for ONE death period, then it's business as usual. The best counter to a Mori is to not get caught.

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046945#Comment_1046945

    That's the issue I'm having with your opinion. Your acting like all killers are ALWAYS using Mori's, and ALWAYS driving the game down as fast as possible. Neither of those is the case. First, even a fully prestiged character won't have Ebony more than a few times, because their fairly rare in the web, and unlike keys, that's the ONLY way Killers get them. Second, the prevailing mori's, Ivory and Cypress, only allow for ONE death period, then it's business as usual. The best counter to a Mori is to not get caught.

    So it's cool if something wildly unbalanced comes out once in a while? It's still wildly unbalanced. Tf is that argument

    The "just don't get caught" argument is always so funny. Do we just not do our objective and hope the Killer doesn't have whispers and be immersed for 40 minutes?

    I got 12 Mori's on my way to leveling up my prestige 2 billy to level 40. Seems like more than a "few" (Most of them are ebonies too!).

    Even deleting one survivor from the game early game sets the entire pace of the match unless the killer royally screws up. You can't justify Mori's in their current state lmao

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049611#Comment_1049611

    So it's cool if something wildly unbalanced comes out once in a while? It's still wildly unbalanced. Tf is that argument

    The "just don't get caught" argument is always so funny. Do we just not do our objective and hope the Killer doesn't have whispers and be immersed for 40 minutes?

    I got 12 Mori's on my way to leveling up my prestige 2 billy to level 40. Seems like more than a "few" (Most of them are ebonies too!).

    Even deleting one survivor from the game early game sets the entire pace of the match unless the killer royally screws up. You can't justify Mori's in their current state lmao

    You can do your objectives and still not get caught. It sounds like you either play solo, or could use some work on looping. It's not hard to avoid most killers.

    As to balance, if you've never played upper-purple/red rank games, let me tell you it's absolutely ESSENTIAL to secure any upset possible, especially early. Otherwise, it's a 5 minute match everytime, and NOT in the Killers favor.

    Keys are worse for all of the reasons I've stated, but it's obvious you've yet you experience a game that you got control of, pressure was great, two kills and gaining, only to have a hatch appear, and they either brought a key, or worse, found one in a chest, and BOTH escape, suddenly ending all your hard work with a stalemate. THAT'S ridiculous and broken.

    Moris make it easier to do what killers are supposed too. Keys do as well, but a Mori only punishes those that manage to get caught, whereas Keys punish a killer for doing what they were supposed well enough to actually get to play.

    Get to Red and play a bit. Then tell me which is fair. And since I play Survivor more then I get to play Killer because I play with a friend most times, that should tell you something.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049611#Comment_1049611

    So it's cool if something wildly unbalanced comes out once in a while? It's still wildly unbalanced. Tf is that argument

    The "just don't get caught" argument is always so funny. Do we just not do our objective and hope the Killer doesn't have whispers and be immersed for 40 minutes?

    I got 12 Mori's on my way to leveling up my prestige 2 billy to level 40. Seems like more than a "few" (Most of them are ebonies too!).

    Even deleting one survivor from the game early game sets the entire pace of the match unless the killer royally screws up. You can't justify Mori's in their current state lmao

    And it's not surprising to see you get more Mori's after you prestige- it's part of the incentive for doing so. But even then, that's 40 levels with only 13, and not all Ebony. That's well over a couple million BP, which isn't a quick farm. So the real metric to that is HOW MANY GAMES YOU PLAYED WHILE GETTING THERE. That is to say, I GUARANTEE you played WAY more then 13 games getting there, which means even if you used them all, there's no possible way to have played every he with a Mori. That said, not every killer likes using Mori's in the first place.

    All in all, you sound like someone that's had a bad run of games not going well, which indicates a need for more practice and/or patience. Just my opinion.

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1050170#Comment_1050170

    And it's not surprising to see you get more Mori's after you prestige- it's part of the incentive for doing so. But even then, that's 40 levels with only 13, and not all Ebony. That's well over a couple million BP, which isn't a quick farm. So the real metric to that is HOW MANY GAMES YOU PLAYED WHILE GETTING THERE. That is to say, I GUARANTEE you played WAY more then 13 games getting there, which means even if you used them all, there's no possible way to have played every he with a Mori. That said, not every killer likes using Mori's in the first place.

    All in all, you sound like someone that's had a bad run of games not going well, which indicates a need for more practice and/or patience. Just my opinion.

    Generalize me all you want, doesn't justify Mori's. (INCREDIBLY weak counter argument btw, I play both sides on red ranks and have clocked in over 1000 hours, so this doesn't just come from a few bad games in a row. Grow up).

    I can see there's no point in continuing this discussion further.

    Cya.

  • @Mew said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033588#Comment_1033588

    survivors: dont tunnel its boring

    killers:....nah, we’re gonna tunnel

    survivors: *bring perks to counter tunneling*

    killers: >:( PlAy FaIr OmG

    Well don't give killers a reason to tunnel you ie bm or toxicity. Imagine only thinking from a survivor POV :(

  • @TicTokCringe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033588#Comment_1033588

    Your point? Adrenaline kicks in end game but it's totally useless when we get moried. Borrowed time won't help much because you could just chase the person unhooking, and Ds can't even do anything against a mori so 🤷‍♂️

    You're someone who either doesn't have at least 1k hours on each side (both survivor and killer) or you're just a casual. (I'm not going to lie your comment tells me alot about you) Adrenaline activates end game sure but it also activates when the hatch has been closed and you'll more likely get to end game often since Ruin nerf. (PS it's not that hard to time and press 1 button)

    Borrowed Time activates in a killers terror radius, even when you can't hear it and the timer never goes down unless you're just that bad (which most survivors are) Decisive Strike is basically a free second chance as the killer can't pick you up for 60 seconds, (which is 75% of generator completed) only 1 person needs to bring DS and that changes how the game will play out & if you enter a locker it's a guarantee escape.

    Mori's can only be activated when you hook a survivor which is harder than it sounds, depends on map, rng and the players skill. Not to mention you must catch them again.

  • It has to go along a key nerf...

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033391#Comment_1033391

    Yeah I have 7 Ebony Mori on Doc. He's only level 39.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033588#Comment_1033588

    Hmm BT counters camping killers. Don't camp, and it's a non issue. Adrenaline procs when the game is nearly over. It's basically survivor Noed. If one is fine, so is the other. DS is anti tunneling. Don't tunnel and you'll rarely get hit with it. Though I'd argue it does need tweaking.

    Survivors farm eachother and take hits for eachother hit BT in my face so there goes your whole "It's an anti-tunnel perk, just don't camp" point. Adrenaline activates when the hatch it closed and that's not an actual end game (I believe killer "end game" perks don't activate when hatch is closed) and you basically proved basically proved your DS statement wrong.

  • @John_Doe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033588#Comment_1033588

    And if you don't like borrowed time don't camp/tunnel it's a simple counter.

    How am I supposed to do that when I'm either forced to camp on side of the map due to gen speed or they're farming eachother right in front of me?

  • @xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035182#Comment_1035182

    How am I supposed to do that when I'm either forced to camp on side of the map due to gen speed or they're farming eachother right in front of me?

    You're not forced to you choose to and if they farm right in front of you hit the farmer

  • @underlord99 said:

    they should nerf them, but only when they nerf keys.

    Just remove/rework the Milky Glass add on, you don't get to leave the match early AND keep the key.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Soon

    Killers cannot have fun in this game, only sweat

    This made me laugh a lot more than it should.

  • I help the key users leave early like they want with a mori though.


  • I hope they neither nerf keys nor moris ever get nerfed. I don't see how either of them can be done so without ruining the point of them.

    They both dramatically swing the game in one side favor. The main issue is that a lot of offerings were meant to nudge things favorably to one side but because we get no new offering content it's stays as basically a map picker and BP multipler section. Getting rid of moris would be one of the few offerings worth a damn, dooming it to a BP section forevever. Unless some GIGANTIC offering update came out soon after.


    The main problem with keys and moris if anything is that you lose game points normally for them, which isn't really fair to either side since neither can do much when they are in play. I don't know how that would bee fixed but it would be fairer if it was.

  • @underlord99 said:

    they should nerf them, but only when they nerf keys.

    Keys arent that bad because you have to do all 5 gens

  • I don't mean to sound rude when I say this: Are you serious right now? A key being used after all 5 gens has almost never happened to me, but a key being used the moment I finally kill someone? All the god damn time. You know how many times I'll go from a 4k down to a 1k because of a key the moment one person is sacrificed? It's utter bs way more than a mori.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328589#Comment_1328589

    I don't mean to sound rude when I say this: Are you serious right now? A key being used after all 5 gens has almost never happened to me, but a key being used the moment I finally kill someone? All the god damn time. You know how many times I'll go from a 4k down to a 1k because of a key the moment one person is sacrificed? It's utter bs way more than a mori.

    Im just saying it takes some effort to use a key you have to do the corresponding ammount of gens, so mabye they should make it for ebony mories that you have to hook the survivors twice and u get more bps too

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328599#Comment_1328599

    Im just saying it takes some effort to use a key you have to do the corresponding ammount of gens, so mabye they should make it for ebony mories that you have to hook the survivors twice and u get more bps too

    It takes less effort than a mori, you only need your teammates to do a "few" gens and then die off, or they can just die off. You don't need to do anything but hide to use a key.

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328599#Comment_1328599

    Im just saying it takes some effort to use a key you have to do the corresponding ammount of gens, so mabye they should make it for ebony mories that you have to hook the survivors twice and u get more bps too

    But I don't want you to think I don't believe an ebony isn't bs. They are total bull, but a key is much worse. As for an Ivory I think those are perfectly fine tbh.

  • @FleshTorpedo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033133#Comment_1033133

    Bruh i get survivors out of the game first 15 seconds all the time. They dc on first down.

    I don't even know where the thought that hey man moris are easily countered by good players i once had a legacy team with 2k+ hours at the time i was fairly new and decent on nurse and i had an ebony i used it because they had keys game finished in 2 minutes all of them dead if youre a really bad killer moris might get kinda countered but i go against many bad killers that kill me because i didn't want to waste a pallet and get me out of the game in 13 secodns and the chase was for 3 minutes keys require someone to be dead and 1 gen left but mori hook someone ez 4k and even worse back then you didnt have to hook just instant death

  • I love how killer mains are comparing mori's to keys now when originally they were counters to BNPS...

    The BNP has been nerfed in to the ground to the point where it makes little to no impact... The mori on the other hand still has a huge impact to the over all result of the game.

    Complaining about keys is such a joke at this point... No one ever uses them in solo because they have to find the hatch first as well and corral all the other survivors hoping they'll obey and follow them to the hatch... and trust me, it never works out... too many variables.

    But yeah nice try.... no.

    The Mori should get a nerf treatment just like the BNP did... make it so the killer can only use it after 2 hooks... 1 is too easy.

1 2 3 4 ›