Marth88 leaves DbD due to game unbalance.
INTRODUCTION:
If you haven't already watched his farewell message then you should watch it before you see the rest of my post.
https://youtu.be/XX1xr_kO8dk
CURRENT STATE OF DBD: TL;DR
Okay, I'm just gonna be honest that the game is so unbalanced that if you put best survivors against the best killers... The survivors control the match. Literally Marth88 stated that the moment a game starts, the killer is on a timer that's length is decided by the survivors doing generators or not. Marth88 also mentioned the "power role" and how survivors have the power role at the moment, so far that a survivor can 1v1 a killer in a 1v4 asymmetrical horror game.
For the DbD players that don't know what asymmetrical means... Basically if the survivors work together as a TEAM, they can overwhelm the POWER ROLE but that's not the case currently! 1 survivor can destroy a killer if the survivor is even half decent, I done it countless amount of times with No Mither which makes me wanna give the developers the devil's eye!
MESSAGE TO DEVS:
Listen, I know your doing everything in your power to help balance the game and yes, I'm really REALLY thankful that we have great developers that care so much about their game! However you need to wake up and smell the coffee because people like Marth88 tried to tell you that your doing it wrong and I QUOTE from Marth88, "I tried talking to them ever since day 1". I and many others want this game to be something, we really do! I'm taking computer classes right now so I can hopefully some day join BVHR and help this game become so much more than what it can be now because I REFUSE to see this game fall, as well as the entire community.
-Love you developers!
Don't let us down, we all live for this game!
^People don't understand what I mean by "We all live for this game", basically I'm stressing the point about how much we love this game and would hate to see it die out basically. Don't over complicate things, thank you!^
Edit: I didn't post this because Marth88 is leaving, I posted this because BVHR needs to step it up because I and the entire community doesn't want this game to die out. We really love this game and hopefully my post will get their attention because again, we won't let this game die! We are all a team, whether your a survivor or killer main... we are in this together!
PSA:
FOR THE FINAL TIME, FOCUS AT THE REAL SITUATION AT HAND HERE! I RESPECT THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MARTH88 BUT YOU CAN'T IGNORE THE SOLID FACTS THAT HE MADE IN HIS VIDEO! SO, STOP ASSUMING WHAT MARTH88 SAID AND STOP REEE'ING... LOOK AT WHY KILLERS ARE LEAVING, GOD BLESS!
If you haven't already watched his farewell message then you should watch it before you see the rest of my post.
https://youtu.be/XX1xr_kO8dkCURRENT STATE OF DBD: TL;DR
Okay, I'm just gonna be honest that the game is so unbalanced that if you put best survivors against the best killers... The survivors control the match. Literally Marth88 stated that the moment a game starts, the killer is on a timer that's length is decided by the survivors doing generators or not. Marth88 also mentioned the "power role" and how survivors have the power role at the moment, so far that a survivor can 1v1 a killer in a 1v4 asymmetrical horror game.
For the DbD players that don't know what asymmetrical means... Basically if the survivors work together as a TEAM, they can overwhelm the POWER ROLE but that's not the case currently! 1 survivor can destroy a killer if the survivor is even half decent, I done it countless amount of times with No Mither which makes me wanna give the developers the devil's eye!
MESSAGE TO DEVS:
Listen, I know your doing everything in your power to help balance the game and yes, I'm really REALLY thankful that we have great developers that care so much about their game! However you need to wake up and smell the coffee because people like Marth88 tried to tell you that your doing it wrong and I QUOTE from Marth88, "I tried talking to them ever since day 1". I and many others want this game to be something, we really do! I'm taking computer classes right now so I can hopefully some day join BVHR and help this game become so much more than what it can be now because I REFUSE to see this game fall, as well as the entire community.
-Love you developers!
Don't let us down, we all live for this game!
^People don't understand what I mean by "We all live for this game", basically I'm stressing the point about how much we love this game and would hate to see it die out basically. Don't over complicate things, thank you!^
Edit: I didn't post this because Marth88 is leaving, I posted this because BVHR needs to step it up because I and the entire community doesn't want this game to die out. We really love this game and hopefully my post will get their attention because again, we won't let this game die! We are all a team, whether your a survivor or killer main... we are in this together!
PSA:
FOR THE FINAL TIME, FOCUS AT THE REAL SITUATION AT HAND HERE! I RESPECT THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MARTH88 BUT YOU CAN'T IGNORE THE SOLID FACTS THAT HE MADE IN HIS VIDEO! SO, STOP ASSUMING WHAT MARTH88 SAID AND STOP REEE'ING... LOOK AT WHY KILLERS ARE LEAVING, GOD BLESS!
Comments
Its not arrogance, you give what you get. The poster was being a smartass with “who the ######### cares”, so Marth was a smartass back. It astounds me that people think it’s “attitude” and “arrogance” when they get what they give.
You don’t get to be a smartass with someone, then get all pissy when they are a smartass back. (Not you, the poster in that.)
There is nothing to argue, to argue first he would have had to say something new or at least suggested ways in which to balance, but he didn’t, because it’s not possible, so there is nothing to argue.
He and all the rest will be spouting the same stuff about DG in a few months too.
There is no such thing as balance in games like
this never has been never will be, there’s an illusion of balance, which seeing as the majority of killer mains on this forum was all up in the ass of 2.0.1 as it was so great for them, which now seems to be forgotten because like most people you realise it’s Fake, killers only liked the patch because survivors didn’t.
So they assumed if it’s bad for the survivors it must be great for killers!!!
You realize you're replying to the guy you're insulting right? marth88gaming
Secondly, balance is a scale. Marth isn’t looking for it to be perfectly balanced. That’s not possible. He saying the scale is so far tilted on the Survivors side it’s obvious it’s nowhere even close. Then again, what would one like you know about balance when you hardly give two shits about one side of the scale?
Lastly, Killers likes the patch because it’s showed PROMISE of balance. Most knew it wasn’t actually much, but at least it was a step in the right direction. Which promptly got rectified that once again the developers chickened out and are going to give Survivors buffs in the upcoming patch. Pallet stun drop changed, the “spin” taken away so that Survivors no longer have to make any sort of preemptive movement and anticipate the Killers movement as Pallets will be purely reaction based guaranteed safety nets once more. I-frames off the hook because Killer camps and other Survivors make stupid hook Rush saves. The developers once again caved to the 400-500+ review bombing on the game from Survivors whining they weren’t OP enough to “have fun”.
Killers did realize it was “fake”. Simply because right after the tiny nerf to exhaustion, Killers got slapped with upcoming Survivor buffs and Bloodlust nerf. Proving ONCE AGAIN the Survivors know they have the developers by the balls and all it takes is a one review bombing to get their way.
So instead of doing your research on Marth and what he was talking about, in order to understand his perspective... you made petty fat jokes. All because your ignorant and don’t give a ######### about Killers. All because your ignorant and don’t give a ######### abut balance unless your precious Survivor gameplay gets nerfed and/or Killers get buffed.
Typical you're just as bad as he is when you can't rebut my points you resort to the same failed insults. You know I'm right but just like him you can't handle the truth. The only ones making asses out themselves are you 2 because it's easy to see what I said and what you both said I said are 2 different things.
There's also all my posts from other threads where I even talk about friendly killers and normal killers not camping me. You know like these gems where I had already posted way prior to the drivel you 2 are putting out.
**> @powerbats said:
**
Well would you look at that 2 matches where the killer didn't face camp me nor hard camp or camp me at all. But it was said that I have an issue with getting face camped every match. so I must be the problem. could post plenty more examples but I don't want to run multiple pages showing how wrong you both are.
I could also post where unlike you 2 I've bashed my fellow survivors for being jerks in game and post game. I've yet to see either one of you specifically call out toxic killers.
But go ahead and keep making yourselves look foolish by trying and failing to twist what i said just so you can inflate your egos with more failed insult attempts.
Lastly on threads where you're not jerks I agree with your points if their valid and even offer counter suggestions to help improve things.When you post a funny response I upvote and or even respond to it with something funny as well.
All of these "rank 1 killer mains" want an easy a game as possible with four kills spoonfed to them every game.
2. Balance is not a scale, a scale is used to measure balance.
In asymmetrical layouts you can only counter, and this game does exactly that, but they lay that on the individual.
Also please see first sentance, what he says isnt what you see.
3. I rest my case about killers perception of the changes. As you cry for balance and attempt to scold for being one sided, while being one sided in your view.
Tell me for each exhaustion perk for it to proc a second time how long the chance would have been going and what BL level you would be at during these KPIs, then tell me where balance or the promise was taken away with the suggested changes for the next patch...
I’m sure you have all the data on how many times you have hooked someone and they have been unhooked while exhausted which has secured your second hook, while you wait for the rescue to be done to hit the person who’s just been unhooked.
4. I have no desire to research Marth, as I’ve said before it’s irrelevant what he says when his game experience is a factual account of what’s happening.
If you’d actually analyse all his videos, and measure the metrics, I bet you wouldn’t come out with an unbalanced result, and that is the reason it’s always talk and no real ideas for change.
5. I challenge you to show me the results of your research, as I doubt you’d call me out for not doing it without doing it yourself.
Its like a child going “That’s f’in stupid” and their parents scolding them and they go “BUT I MEANT FREAKING!” When you know damn well what they meant to say.
Only one here with an ego is you. You can’t admit when you’re wrong, ever. Anytime someone disagrees with you it’s a “Logical Fallacy” and “twisting and distorting your words. Seriously, grow up and learn some humility.
No it's you that can't admit you're wrong but since you want to be made to look like an arse I'll prove it to you.
Notice how I never stated anywhere I always get facecamped yet here we go with the Straw Man which is a logical fallacy.
Shocking I never said that yet there's the Straw Man right there which is a logical fallacy but you already knew that. So he didn't rebut my points nor did you nor was I wrong in saying he twisted my words. Now you go with the classic change your meaning insult to try and rebut my points.
So the only one trying to cover their ass when they say something stupid here is you.The posts are there in plain sight yet you just can't resist the urge to be a dick So that'd make you the one with the ego here because you just can't admit you tried to insult me and failed..
Now as far as never admitting when I'm wrong ever what are you smoking now? Since my apologies when given correct information are all over the forums. At the time I started playing the game I didn't know about camping being a legit strategy. It was @Lowbei I believe who posted the video from the devs talking about it.
Something that wasn't readily known by me and to this day newer players still don't know unless they're given the info. But hey lets not let facts get in the way of your assumptions and untruths here. When someone disagrees with me I don't call it a logical fallacy unless they actually use one.
When someone disagrees with me in a no biased way I'll have a discussion with them and try and see their point of view as they try and see mine. I get along really well with @Lowbei now as well as @Jack11803 , @RemoveSWF and several others. We don't always agree but we have some good discussions and trade the occasional insults and trash talk.
The one that needs to grow up and learn humility here is you. I've shown the posts which prove my points you just don't like that the posts prove my points. When I've made mistakes on here i've apologized and when I've crossed a line I've also apologized. Including to some of the very posters here who I sometimes have disagreements with.
I could continue to post quotes that prove my point but this thread is getting derailed enough as is. I shall just agree to disagree for now to not derail this further.
@SovererignKing @powerbats @Tsulan
Hug each other!
You sir win the day so in response i give you this token of my gratitude.
Yes survivors are the power role right now which brings up an interesting idea. 1 Survivor as the killer versus 4 killers as the survivors.
The trapper could lay traps to slow the survivor chasing them but he'd have a limit to how many he could carry with no addons.
The Hag could just teleport away but would have no addons either and only 10 traps also.
The Nurse would have 10 blinks.
Myers would be able to stalk to see where the survivor is coming from, but only 10 times at x range.
Billy could charge across the map 10x.
Leatherface could clobber the survivor with his mallet 10 x and stun them.
The pig could just crouch and stealth off.
The Wraith could just cloak and try and skulk away.
The Doctor could cast illusions of himself 10x that can run off in different directions 1x per cast.
The Huntress could Lullaby to distract the survivor and disorient them during chases.
Freddy could put them to sleep for a few seconds after putting them into dream world basically making him the obsession but not letting the survivor see any of the other killers.
Crap forgot the Clown.
The clown could throw bottles at the survivor chasing them to slow them down. He'd get 10 charges also.
You could even use some of the killer perks like Bitter Murmur to see where the survivor is etc lol.
So I represent the whole killer community?
Cool, I shall declare world peace and free donuts for everyone! Oh wait, we have a BBQ event going on. So free steaks for everyone!
Since you took your time to write this tiny answer, could you also take your time and point out where I insult others? I'm not a saint, but I never resort to insults. So stop claiming that I insult and stop presenting me as the killer league leader. Or whatever you think this is.
I really don't look for a fight. But you seem to take this personally. Maybe take a break and reflect if it's worth it to get upset about it.
We share the same hobby and passion. We both know that this game can be incredible addicting and frustrating at the same time. It's unique in it's way. Can't we try to get along and discuss like adults without resorting to insults and personal vendettas?
No you don't if you got that from what i said then I apologize for not being clearer.
You do insult but perhaps don't realize it and that last post was a pretty glaring example of it. But then I was just as bad for doing the same.
We both kinda took this too far and for that I apologize since sometimes I get carried away as well.
We can and we should, it'll probably take some time similar to how it took me to get used to @Lowbei and @RemoveSWF.
So ignore the response in the other thread.
Good, now we can go back to normal.
I really enjoy arguing on the internet and defend my point. Sometimes i might unknowingly get carried away.
No hard feelings. Have a nice day.
Same for me as well and did you see the fat character response just now from someone lulz. I did add something to the Amanda part that's pretty funny.
YOU literally created the Straw Man. Tulsan said “According to Survivor Mains” then you called semantics and changed it to YOU have had plenty of matches being “facecamped.” Then you got upset and called it a Straw Man Fallacy when he said it was a you problem if you get “facecamped” every single match. You changed it from “Survivor Mains” TO YOU. You’re getting upset for Tulsan attacking a Strawman YOU CREATED. YOU twisted what he said about Survivor Mains TO yourself.
Literally just telling you, you’re making an ass of yourself because you can’t even realize you started the Strawman in the first place. I’m not trying to insult you, I’m telling you to stop before you make an even bigger ass of yourself.
I’ll agree to disagree on the Marth subject as well.
Seriously man, I’m not being a dick here. I’m just saying you changed Tulsan’s “Survivor Mains” to yourself and created the Strawman and then got upset when Tulsan attacked it. You made an ass of yourself by creating the Strawman in the first place. Then tried to cover it saying Tulsan twisted it, when it was you who twisted it. I said you made an ass of yourself and called it stupid when you didn’t realize you’re the one who started the Strawman by changing the subject of “Survivor Mains” TO YOU.
unlucky
We'll agree to disagree on some things then since Tsulan and I already sorted things out. Some of what was said got crossed over form other posts and it became one big clusterfeck. Oh and go read this thread for some good laughs we all had.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/12462/what-would-happen-if-they-made-an-overweight-survivor#latest
Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it.
But we made our peace, since i don´t want to starte another war or something. So things are settled.
BTW. You are amazing!
Alright who took the Marshmallows to the basement and hid them using Insidious again?
No problem with that. We can have different opinions without hating each other.
What confuses me is, that i now have a ton of new Marth88 videos in my YT playlist. Like a ton of new videos. Didn´t he stop playing? I mean those videos have been uploaded in the last 12 hours.
Okay... But when i say i stop playing... i hold up a little longer than 2 hours.
$2 a bag!
Those videos are from his last DbD stream. The day before DG came out. He is just uploading specific rounds, that might be interesting for people to watch who missed the stream.
Marth is a cool dude.
A good killer too, but his reaction to getting beat in that tourney was sad. Entitled. He got a small ego going too.
He complained about DbD for months, they finally start fixing some stuff... balancing things for the killer. Finally and he bails?
See ya.
Ahh ok
Thx for clearing that up!
The upcoming survivor buffs don´t really balance the things for killers.
Last patch was only a minor nerf for survivors, which wouldn´t affect most of the survivors anyway. But the buffs for Trapper and Hag are appreciated.
The hag is deadly now. I'd say she's 2nd or 3rd best. So she's very viable now. That was a marked improvement. Trapper is mid tier from bottom tier. He's better, but not really a high ranking killer.
Unless you're very good, then you could still do well with him.
The exhaustion stuff was fantastic. It helps looping. The bloodlust nerfs upcoming are a bit harsh, but so was the exhaustion stuff.
I don't know. The resetting of status' on hooking kinda turned me off.
Exhaustion was nice, but not many survivors could use SB twice in a chase. Mainly rank 1 loopers. Which are still able to loop for almost the same amount of time.
The inbuild Kindred is going to hurt killers a lot. Because solo survivors will be as time efficient as SWF groups. Killers already have problems with how fast the gens are getting done. This will only get worse with the change.
BL nerf won´t do killers any good, since BL itself is only a bandaid. I would totally support the removal of BL, if survivors and killers have the same hit (or collision) box.
The exhaustion reset in combination with the invulnerability buff will punish camping. Hiting a survivor right off the hook won´t have any effect. Add SB and the survivor reaches the next pallet before the killer can do anything. In other words, camping will get a huge nerf.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/12462/what-would-happen-if-they-made-an-overweight-survivor#latest
Hilarity ensues
It's the old adage to stop beating a dead horse.
Flogging a dead horse (alternatively beating a dead horse, or beating a dead dog in some parts of the Anglophone world) is an idiom that means to continue a particular endeavour is a waste of time as the outcome is already decided.
I like this one much better.
Someone breaks up with there girl/boyfriend and continues to ######### about them to there friends weeks later. That person is beating a dead horse, the relationship is over there is no point in thinking about it since the matter is already resolved with you having broken up.
Rockets that'd be like sprint burst shooting off the wheels like rolling firecrackers.
I don't get him making a big fuss about leaving Dead By Daylight and then coming back a few weeks later. Now it's his main game again. According to others, this isn't the first time he's "left." Kind of strange but kind of obvious, too. None of his changes have been made and the game is in the exact spot it was in when he left, so.....
Agreed yet some use him as an example to buff they're arguments then when it doesn't suit them he's meaningless.
I'm also ditching this game it's the worst game for killers but if you were a survivor you will have fun because you will bully the killer