Marth88 leaves DbD due to game unbalance.
INTRODUCTION:
If you haven't already watched his farewell message then you should watch it before you see the rest of my post.
https://youtu.be/XX1xr_kO8dk
CURRENT STATE OF DBD: TL;DR
Okay, I'm just gonna be honest that the game is so unbalanced that if you put best survivors against the best killers... The survivors control the match. Literally Marth88 stated that the moment a game starts, the killer is on a timer that's length is decided by the survivors doing generators or not. Marth88 also mentioned the "power role" and how survivors have the power role at the moment, so far that a survivor can 1v1 a killer in a 1v4 asymmetrical horror game.
For the DbD players that don't know what asymmetrical means... Basically if the survivors work together as a TEAM, they can overwhelm the POWER ROLE but that's not the case currently! 1 survivor can destroy a killer if the survivor is even half decent, I done it countless amount of times with No Mither which makes me wanna give the developers the devil's eye!
MESSAGE TO DEVS:
Listen, I know your doing everything in your power to help balance the game and yes, I'm really REALLY thankful that we have great developers that care so much about their game! However you need to wake up and smell the coffee because people like Marth88 tried to tell you that your doing it wrong and I QUOTE from Marth88, "I tried talking to them ever since day 1". I and many others want this game to be something, we really do! I'm taking computer classes right now so I can hopefully some day join BVHR and help this game become so much more than what it can be now because I REFUSE to see this game fall, as well as the entire community.
-Love you developers!
Don't let us down, we all live for this game!
^People don't understand what I mean by "We all live for this game", basically I'm stressing the point about how much we love this game and would hate to see it die out basically. Don't over complicate things, thank you!^
Edit: I didn't post this because Marth88 is leaving, I posted this because BVHR needs to step it up because I and the entire community doesn't want this game to die out. We really love this game and hopefully my post will get their attention because again, we won't let this game die! We are all a team, whether your a survivor or killer main... we are in this together!
PSA:
FOR THE FINAL TIME, FOCUS AT THE REAL SITUATION AT HAND HERE! I RESPECT THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MARTH88 BUT YOU CAN'T IGNORE THE SOLID FACTS THAT HE MADE IN HIS VIDEO! SO, STOP ASSUMING WHAT MARTH88 SAID AND STOP REEE'ING... LOOK AT WHY KILLERS ARE LEAVING, GOD BLESS!
If you haven't already watched his farewell message then you should watch it before you see the rest of my post.
https://youtu.be/XX1xr_kO8dkCURRENT STATE OF DBD: TL;DR
Okay, I'm just gonna be honest that the game is so unbalanced that if you put best survivors against the best killers... The survivors control the match. Literally Marth88 stated that the moment a game starts, the killer is on a timer that's length is decided by the survivors doing generators or not. Marth88 also mentioned the "power role" and how survivors have the power role at the moment, so far that a survivor can 1v1 a killer in a 1v4 asymmetrical horror game.
For the DbD players that don't know what asymmetrical means... Basically if the survivors work together as a TEAM, they can overwhelm the POWER ROLE but that's not the case currently! 1 survivor can destroy a killer if the survivor is even half decent, I done it countless amount of times with No Mither which makes me wanna give the developers the devil's eye!
MESSAGE TO DEVS:
Listen, I know your doing everything in your power to help balance the game and yes, I'm really REALLY thankful that we have great developers that care so much about their game! However you need to wake up and smell the coffee because people like Marth88 tried to tell you that your doing it wrong and I QUOTE from Marth88, "I tried talking to them ever since day 1". I and many others want this game to be something, we really do! I'm taking computer classes right now so I can hopefully some day join BVHR and help this game become so much more than what it can be now because I REFUSE to see this game fall, as well as the entire community.
-Love you developers!
Don't let us down, we all live for this game!
^People don't understand what I mean by "We all live for this game", basically I'm stressing the point about how much we love this game and would hate to see it die out basically. Don't over complicate things, thank you!^
Edit: I didn't post this because Marth88 is leaving, I posted this because BVHR needs to step it up because I and the entire community doesn't want this game to die out. We really love this game and hopefully my post will get their attention because again, we won't let this game die! We are all a team, whether your a survivor or killer main... we are in this together!
PSA:
FOR THE FINAL TIME, FOCUS AT THE REAL SITUATION AT HAND HERE! I RESPECT THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MARTH88 BUT YOU CAN'T IGNORE THE SOLID FACTS THAT HE MADE IN HIS VIDEO! SO, STOP ASSUMING WHAT MARTH88 SAID AND STOP REEE'ING... LOOK AT WHY KILLERS ARE LEAVING, GOD BLESS!
Comments
Posts like this give me hope for the game and the community. Devs, we love this game and we don't want it to die out. But to keep things going, you need to take a good look at the state of your game and see just how skewed the balance is.
And short hand for those that didn't watch, this is exactly why I am looking towards Deathgarden. I want a game that will be competitive. I thought DBD could be that Game, I held on for so long because of my viewership, but I have said since months ago, once Deathgarden Dropped if DBD did not fix I would leave and I am, but I will always keep an eye out on this game because I love it to death, but it is just too casual for me. I want a game where it is adrenaline pumping, tough fights, tough matches. Not just run in circles for 5 minutes. I do wish everyone in this community best of luck and hope you guys have a great time with this game for those that play it, but there is too much that needs fixing to where I don't see any real competitive changes anytime soon.
IMO he is the best overall English speaking streamer who plays killer. I think Zubat can make a case as well.
For people how don't care about his leaving the game , i understand and respect that, but you can't ignore the fact that he leave due to some solid point need to be worked on, the devs will saw it and there respond will be, nope throw another dlc.
Oh palease!!! I've gone up against some amazing killers that knock off survivors like shooting fish in a barrel. Marth88 just needs to put down the Double Western Cheeseburger when playing DBD killer. Developers just gave all killers a bump.... yet Marth88 still can't win against survivors? He should maybe go back to Friday the 13th.
Fact is the game is still stupidly Survivor sided with Gen Rush and Looping still being too good at wasting time. Perks be damned, the core base mechanics in the Survivors favor are still screwed up and way too tilted to casual Survivors dicking around instead of doing the damn objective, that if they DONT dick around, Survivor team wins easily.
Marth has left playing because the developers they scold him for making rush-gen with friends, is so stupid to say "don't repair so fast" first fix your game, they can not hide the sun with a finger.
This isn't even a discussion, just a statement.
this didn't need a separate thread.. there is already a marth is leaving topic that has alot of replies and views.
IJS
Ans im sorry but, “a survivor can 1v1 a killer” uh what? Maybe a baby killer in their first game.
Dont know Marth, never watched his videos, honestly could care less if he leaves or not. Its his choice. That said, he did make valid points, but those valid points have been made for months upon months by a great many people. He is not saying anything groundbreaking.
Good luck in DG Marth. Hope that game gives you what you are seeking.
And none of them are on the forums. Can't blame them. That's why there should be a separation between ranked and "quick play" like matches similar to Overwatch.
Maybe only allow SWF in ranked (with solo queuers that want to play competitively) and have designated rules & mechanics balanced around that level of play.
Idk
Also, who's marth88
Rule of thumb: when someone mentions person X, they're either a streamer, or a known member of the community (or both).
he changed a lot in the last month's, and at some point i stopped watching his streams.
in my opinion he ended up being more and more arrogant and a bit toxic at some points...
Oh, what a sad day today is, this no name guy is leaving DBD, i feel so much grief, i don't know how we're goin' to survive
On a serious note, y'all should chill, it's just a game, and who in their right mind would watch a guy moaning for over an hour? 'u mad?' haha
Also, this OP guy just said 'We all live for this game' what the hell?That's pretty sad if that's the case, i must say, also, the so called survivor 'buffs' are just speculated, still killer mains already goin' nuts over everything as usual, i've been around for few months, i'll just say this, if the game dies, it's because of the community, they'll never be pleased with anything they get
One more thing, just chill, it's not like this game is the reason you live...or is it?
ya they need to do something about these gens
Survivors managed to ignore the depip squad experiment and nullify the stats by saying "this is not hwo a normal game looks like" or sth like that.
I have lost hope tbh, let everyone deal witht he ######### as they want. Devs will buff survivors next patch to heaven and I hope that enough killers stop dealing with this such that the remaining survivors can play 4vs4 and clickat each other faces
Not gonna bother reading or watching the video.
Just here to say "Cya marth, no one really cares other than some fanboys".
Edit: Sorry, however, when someone says these types of things, "I don't care"... it's literally because they didn't read the post or at least watch some of the video which ticks me off.
Marth has said he was leaving multiple times in the last month and there are already multiple threads from his previous "announcements". It's turning into "The boy who cried wolf".
This right here says it all, Marth is trying to drum up more sheep followers to follow and donate to him on his next game. If you look back it all started with depip screwing around in the tourney. This has nothing to do with not watching all or part of the video at all.
The typical fanboy response you don't understand him or didn't watch his stuff is what drives people nuts. It proves the only stupid ones are the ones using that insult because they don't like the responses. It might just be because they know he's done this before as posted above and are tired of the immature behavior.
Not a huge Marth watcher because of timezones. But from what I got the past couple of weeks was, that he stopped streaming DbD regularly a few weeks ago and mentioned that he is gonna stop playing it. He played games likes Souls at Stake, Identity V and Warframe during this time. Just a few DbD streams in which he played only Hillbilly and Nurse.
He always talked about how and why he stopped playing DbD, that he might need to put out another video to clarfify it etc. What he did. And that exactly one day before Deathgarden came out. The game he mentioned he would play more regularly.
I wouldn't say he is "The boy who cried wolf". It's more like because of this strange transition period he had, that it kinda became a thing with multiple threads etc.
And enough is enough with the “I don’t want to see dbd die”. This game has been going strong for over 2 years now and arguably has more players now than ever. This game isn’t going to die until the devs decide to stop supporting it.
Is the game perfectly balanced? No of course not. The game will NEVER be completely balanced in everyone’s eyes. The two things in this game that are completely OP and needs adjusting badly are SWF and the Nurse. If you work on balancing those aspects of the game it will help both sides tremendously.
Yes, 4 random solo HIGHLY SKILLED survivors can destroy a HIGHLY SKILLED killer, but depending on the map and RNG placements of pallets and windows that same killer can 4K those same survivors in the following match. I’d say that’s pretty balanced. You can’t expect to win every game no matter how good you think you are.
I can’t tell you how many high rank killers will tunnel one person for way longer than they should and then complain about gen rushing afterwards. You have to know when to break off a survivor and pressure gens instead. The biggest issue is SWF. They need to find some way to nerf SWF teams, offer an opt out option, or have a ranked system and unranked system. I don’t think dbd has the player base for those last two so nerfing SWF is the only option.
And before anyone questions my experience, I have 3k hours in this game, played since June 2016, rank 1 on both sides, every achievement without farming. Just because Marth sucked off some bigger streamers to grow his channel doesn’t make his opinions on the games balance any more relevant than any other 1,000 hour+ player.
Another one of these threads tsk.
First of all, DBD is not dying. More people than ever are playing the game and because of the cosmetics, devs earn a lot of money.
When a youtuber or a streamer leaves a game, it generally doesn't cause anything major. You won't even notice a difference.
Game was a lot worse in the past and we see devs trying to improve the game right now. Giving bad reviews like some braindead survivors have done after the exhaustion nerf, and threatening the devs by leaving the game will not solve anything. If anything, marth will lose his viewers and subs and then after an update, he will come back excusing the improved state of the game to gain his viewers and subs.
Stop being childish.
Didn't he already left?
Either way, who cares? Only his fans will miss him.
well he did what he had to do.. but i doubt he will like any other game :P.
ochido is ba> @Detective_Jonathan said:
lol marth whole squad plays toxic flashlight tbag genrush solely to depip killer. ######### off.
Marths depip Squad did no items, no perks, then did perks, then did perks and items. They didn’t tea bag and weren’t toxic.
Where the hell do you get your information? It’s way off.
Id hardly call him a big player. Please do not inflate his ego. If anything it was a clickbait video. He will be back within two weeks. Wait and see.
Thank you! Im glad I wasnt the only one that noticed his ego was well out of order. I wish people would stop promoting him like this. All he ever did was crap on the devs and the game anytime he lost a match.
Is Marth moving over to Deathgarden?
I swear he got like a 100/150 win streak against the runners of that game - I guess balance is just when you can dominate on your preferred side.