Exit Gate Regression...

I think the title speaks for itself. However, I am curious as to the communities opinion on the current state of the exit gates.

In my opinion, I think the gates currently favor survivors too much in high ranks in that they can be 99% and left at that state for as long as the survivors desire. Granted I'm aware the killer can open the gate, but that's not the point. In high ranks this is a common occurrence when survivors will wait to open the gate and just leave it at 99%.

I would like to see some regression on the gates if more than 1 survivor is still alive after the generators are completed. If there's only 1 left then it should not regress as it would then be skewed too far in the killers favor.

This survivor tactic makes bloodwarden nearly unusable at high ranks unless survivors are overly altruistic or the killer manages to get a down and open the gate before hooking.

I am aware gates can spawn on the same side. And yes, I'm aware someone's going to say, "but you think Moris are fine" and/or "killer main" (I am killer main btw) so I'll just steal your thunder in advance. And yes, until SWF, hatch, and keys are addressed/balanced moris and exit gates spawning on the same side are fine. Thoughts? Preferably constructive and not just a 1 word response btw.

Comments

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999238#Comment_999238

    You rarelly see any killer use end game perks cause they are all kinda bad

    I find it a shame you never see perks like Bloodwarden cause everybody does it's counter anyway

    You should make a special effort to counter a perk. Not just do what you always do

    I've seen multiple good killers say they don't use it because they don't plan on losing the game but go off I guess

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999188#Comment_999188

    Not good for both sides. A SWF group could have someone sit on the gate and keep it ready to open while the others make a save, while a solo group wouldn't be able to coordinate that. The end result is the same, but the gap between solo and SWF groups would be larger.

    I am also thinking that the killer could camp the two gates, some killers like trap, fast, and/or teleport killers could easily take the game hostage to max all their points, or simply to force an unfun experience for survivors like streamers or to get back of players who simply outplayed them.

    This coming from a Killer Main - but then again I play killer with the intention of trying to make the game fun for everyone.

  • @TAG said:

    As long as we're throwing out ideas, how about we make it so downing a person who is inside the Exit Gate areas prevents them from leaving the trial for a few seconds? Just long enough for the Killer to be able to pick them up. That way, people who linger within the Exit Gates (especially to wait for the Killer to down them so they can fall into the exit) instead of just GTFOing do so at their own peril.

    I agree with this

  • I like the endgame perks (except noed) and it's a shame the egc nerfed them. It'd be nice if bloodwarden was more of a threat again and remember me was reverted (it could deactivate if there's only one survivor left) if gates regressed even partially there could be a trade-off where the gates are forced to spawn further apart.

    People might complain about second chance perks being strong but those are popular enough with survivors.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999259#Comment_999259

    I've seen multiple good killers say they don't use it because they don't plan on losing the game but go off I guess

    Using bad perks does tend to lose games yeah

    Just want underused perks to be made more usefull. On both sides actually.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999188#Comment_999188

    Not good for both sides. A SWF group could have someone sit on the gate and keep it ready to open while the others make a save, while a solo group wouldn't be able to coordinate that. The end result is the same, but the gap between solo and SWF groups would be larger.

    So it's fine for gens to regress unless a survivors on it with new ruin. Supposed to be Endgame perk btw... But not ok for the exit doors to regress when a survivor gets off it and fails to open it? Ok then...

  • @Calabrum said:

    I think the title speaks for itself. However, I am curious as to the communities opinion on the current state of the exit gates.

    In my opinion, I think the gates currently favor survivors too much in high ranks in that they can be 99% and left at that state for as long as the survivors desire. Granted I'm aware the killer can open the gate, but that's not the point. In high ranks this is a common occurrence when survivors will wait to open the gate and just leave it at 99%.

    I would like to see some regression on the gates if more than 1 survivor is still alive after the generators are completed. If there's only 1 left then it should not regress as it would then be skewed too far in the killers favor.

    This survivor tactic makes bloodwarden nearly unusable at high ranks unless survivors are overly altruistic or the killer manages to get a down and open the gate before hooking.

    I am aware gates can spawn on the same side. And yes, I'm aware someone's going to say, "but you think Moris are fine" and/or "killer main" (I am killer main btw) so I'll just steal your thunder in advance. And yes, until SWF, hatch, and keys are addressed/balanced moris and exit gates spawning on the same side are fine. Thoughts? Preferably constructive and not just a 1 word response btw.

    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ mori and unfair exit spawns are fine cause SWF and hatch exist

    Of course, what more did I expect from a Spirit pfp user?

  • @Calabrum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999077#Comment_999077

    Ummm, how is it unfair? If every survivor 99% gates the perk is useless. Why should survivors be allowed to dictate endgame even if a killer is losing? "Endgame perks aren't supposed to be strong". You must be joking. But I mean if you prefer more people running noed then fine I guess. In addition, I suppose it's also fine that the survivors who lost the match can find a hatch and or bring/find key.

    It's unfair due to the fact that killers can open 99%ed gates. It's not hard to use BW simply down a survivor, open either gate and then hook them.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999114#Comment_999114

    It's unfair due to the fact that killers can open 99%ed gates. It's not hard to use BW simply down a survivor, open either gate and then hook them.

    It takes time to do it though. In that time hooks could be sabotaged and/or the downed survivor could be picked up. All of this would have to take distance to the door your opening into account as well.

    I have done it before though. Unfortunately, when you do it survivors usually know you have bloodwarden and immediately run out. Or at least that's been my experience. I mean, there's really no other reason for the killer to open the door.

  • @Calabrum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999323#Comment_999323

    It takes time to do it though. In that time hooks could be sabotaged and/or the downed survivor could be picked up. All of this would have to take distance to the door your opening into account as well.

    I have done it before though. Unfortunately, when you do it survivors usually know you have bloodwarden and immediately run out. Or at least that's been my experience. I mean, there's really no other reason for the killer to open the door.

    This is why perks like Blood Warden don't get used. I'm all for Blood Warden doing what it does now as well as the gate regression being built into the perk.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120652/exit-gate-regression

    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ mori and unfair exit spawns are fine cause SWF and hatch exist

    Of course, what more did I expect from a Spirit pfp user?

    And? Considering she will soon be one of the few viable killers it's hardly surprising. You'll be seeing them alot in the near future. As for the rest of your comment, I've already stated my opinion. If hatch and keys go or are balanced, then so can mori and unfair door spawns. Until then it's fair game.

  • @Calabrum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999318#Comment_999318

    And? Considering she will soon be one of the few viable killers it's hardly surprising. You'll be seeing them alot in the near future. As for the rest of your comment, I've already stated my opinion. If hatch and keys go or are balanced, then so can mori and unfair door spawns. Until then it's fair game.

    Ok. Ok ok. Lemme get this straight.

    Keys are straight bs, they need to go immediately.

    BUT THE HATCH?!! WHAT?!! Moris and Exit gate spawns are fine because of something that is entirely 50/50 and in neither side's favour.

    Also, Spirit has been meta since late 2018/ early 2019. Catch up

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999385#Comment_999385

    Ok. Ok ok. Lemme get this straight.

    Keys are straight bs, they need to go immediately.

    BUT THE HATCH?!! WHAT?!! Moris and Exit gate spawns are fine because of something that is entirely 50/50 and in neither side's favour.

    Also, Spirit has been meta since late 2018/ early 2019. Catch up

    Devs would never go for it bud, or at least not anytime soon. I think you know that. Btw, if your a Quentin main his perks could use a rework as well.

  • @Calabrum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999389#Comment_999389

    Devs would never go for it bud, or at least not anytime soon. I think you know that. Btw, if your a Quentin main his perks could use a rework as well.

    Wow how did you guess I was a Quentin main? ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999385#Comment_999385

    Ok. Ok ok. Lemme get this straight.

    Keys are straight bs, they need to go immediately.

    BUT THE HATCH?!! WHAT?!! Moris and Exit gate spawns are fine because of something that is entirely 50/50 and in neither side's favour.

    Also, Spirit has been meta since late 2018/ early 2019. Catch up

    Lol, been caught up. I'm a spirit main. I was just being cheeky.

  • @Calabrum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999389#Comment_999389

    Lol, been caught up. I'm a spirit main. I was just being cheeky.

    I hate Spirit

    Screenshot_20190915-014941_Twitter.jpg


  • Fair enough, I hate SWF. Nothing against playing with friends, but the information sharing is obnoxious in a 4 v 1. Oh and blendettes... especially if it's a squad of 4 with flashlights. But we are getting off topic, so I'll stop here.

  • No. It is a strategy to be used by survivors. I don't mind it. It is no different than leaving the survivor slugged until the gates finally open, then hook them and surprise them with Blood Warden. Should there be a regression to the timer of Blood Warden based on the time the killer left the survivor slugged, but kept within 20m of him? No, there should not.

    If a survivor wants to risk 99'ing the door and then have to hit it for that last 1% while I'm chasing him, I'm ok with this. I have gotten many hooks because of this. Just two weeks ago I caught 3 survivors at a door with LF as they tried to get that last 1%. Was able to turn a 1k into a 4k.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    No. It is a strategy to be used by survivors. I don't mind it. It is no different than leaving the survivor slugged until the gates finally open, then hook them and surprise them with Blood Warden. Should there be a regression to the timer of Blood Warden based on the time the killer left the survivor slugged, but kept within 20m of him? No, there should not.

    If a survivor wants to risk 99'ing the door and then have to hit it for that last 1% while I'm chasing him, I'm ok with this. I have gotten many hooks because of this. Just two weeks ago I caught 3 survivors at a door with LF as they tried to get that last 1%. Was able to turn a 1k into a 4k.

    If that's your stance then that's ok.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999179#Comment_999179

    Once again. Killer objective is to stop survivors from escaping.

    They haven't failed anything yet when all 5 gens are done

    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

  • Had a funny game today actually

    Ran an endgame build of brutal strenght, fire up, bamboozle and bloodwarden as Legion

    All survivors were alive when all generators popped, multiple on deathhook

    Got one of the deathhooks they opened the gates before i hooked her, nobody got out

    It's so satisfying when it works

  • @Calabrum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999408#Comment_999408

    Fair enough, I hate SWF. Nothing against playing with friends, but the information sharing is obnoxious in a 4 v 1. Oh and blendettes... especially if it's a squad of 4 with flashlights. But we are getting off topic, so I'll stop here.

    Dude ######### Blendettes

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    "I am aware gates can spawn on the same side. And yes, I'm aware someone's going to say, "but you think Moris are fine" and/or "killer main" (I am killer main btw) so I'll just steal your thunder in advance."

    Just so you know, simply mentioning that you know an argument exists without actually countering that argument does not "steal anyone's thunder."

    YOUR THUNDER WAS STOLEN! GET REKT!

  • I'd be so happy if I could activate all pig traps by manually opening the gate because I'd have an excuse to say "Game On!"

  • @Almo said:

    We tried gate regression in early EGC tests. It was... not a good thing.

    I'm not saying anyone is silly for suggesting it! But if you could play with it, you'd see it felt really bad. :)

    Challenge accepted.

    Why not have an ETB? (Experimental Test Beta) Put some of these ideas in play so people can really see it in action for themselves? That way you will have more people on your side when things like this come up. Imagine a few dozen people behind you guys saying "Oh yeah we tried that in the ETB and it SUCKED!"

    You could take community suggestions, implement them (if they are easy. JDI days kind of stuff) and let the community see that some ideas are just not viable.

    "But some people will like it and clamor for it more even if it's broken" I hear you say. I'm not saying you have to put things in based off these ETBs, but let some of us play with it for funsies. This kind of open experimentation could be very healthy for the community.

    Why not try it once and find out. C'mon baby, just the tip...

  • @Witas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/998762#Comment_998762

    Then how about making the lights on the gates have a purpose ? I believe this has been suggested already some time ago, but I think that making each light a progress "checkpoint" (25%,50%,75%) would be a great idea, this way the gate would only regress a bit, making it less frustrating/punishing for survivors who don't trigger the endgame immediately, but would prevent survivors from 99%ing a gate, which is a really frustrating scenario for killers.

    I actually really like this idea!!

1 2 โ€บ