"the devs don't listen" WRONG

Off topic; this is my 100th post,so wahooo!!!!

Into the real topic. I've been looking around forums,left and right and everyone that is mad about the ruin changes say the same thing; "devs don't play their game,devs don't listen to killers". Since my dream job is becoming a dev,in any game really,I'll explain why I think devs listen,with some proof for the intellectuals.

Patch 3.4,November 2019,the death of balanced landing,along with some undetectable buffs.

Patch 3.2.0, September 2019, undetectable and oblivious are added to the game. Along with the new dlc,stranger things.

Patch 3.2.1, September 2019,shred now breaks pallets by default.

Patch 3.1.0,July 2019,Freddy got his rework,making him the most lethal killer according to behavior's polls and information that they gathered. Freddy's rework was a success and Freddy got a lot of love.

I could continue,but I didn't wanna bother to put too much information. Moral of the story is that devs actually hear the communities opinion. They have to put some priorities. The doctor and the ruin reworks were leaked to get a buff,and the devs are thinking alternatives for ruin. The devs aren't survivor sided and of course they play their game. It is difficult to balance a game,so I believe we should let them do their work.

Think it like this; a Dev on dbd has around 3-4+ years game balancing experience in this game,I don't even count if they worked for other games before. They have 3-4 more years of balancing than we all do. So my suggestion is to keep calm,and move on.

I was also really frustrated,at first,about the ruin changes. I said it was "a beginning of a new era" and indeed it is,but not a bad one. If you honestly want to quit playing killer,or the game in general,because they altered an addition to the game that was ruining new player's experiences,then you are the problem not the game.

It is justified to be angry at these changes,but please stop uploading forums like "any suggestions for a new game,cuz the devs on this one don't give a 💩" or "devs don't listen" or even "I'm quitting dbd". It is hard to see these kind of posts,so just stop doing that.

I am aware about the comments I'll receive,but I'll still upload this. I'm not afraid to help the community,the game and the devs to this hard trip.

Please,tell me your opinion down below. I am interested to hear from you guys.

Guess it will be a happy 100th forum for me :3

Comments

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Off topic; this is my 100th post,so wahooo!!!!

    Into the real topic. I've been looking around forums,left and right and everyone that is mad about the ruin changes say the same thing; "devs don't play their game,devs don't listen to killers". Since my dream job is becoming a dev,in any game really,I'll explain why I think devs listen,with some proof for the intellectuals.

    Patch 3.4,November 2019,the death of balanced landing,along with some undetectable buffs.

    Patch 3.2.0, September 2019, undetectable and oblivious are added to the game. Along with the new dlc,stranger things.

    Patch 3.2.1, September 2019,shred now breaks pallets by default.

    Patch 3.1.0,July 2019,Freddy got his rework,making him the most lethal killer according to behavior's polls and information that they gathered. Freddy's rework was a success and Freddy got a lot of love.

    I could continue,but I didn't wanna bother to put too much information. Moral of the story is that devs actually hear the communities opinion. They have to put some priorities. The doctor and the ruin reworks were leaked to get a buff,and the devs are thinking alternatives for ruin. The devs aren't survivor sided and of course they play their game. It is difficult to balance a game,so I believe we should let them do their work.

    Think it like this; a Dev on dbd has around 3-4+ years game balancing experience in this game,I don't even count if they worked for other games before. They have 3-4 more years of balancing than we all do. So my suggestion is to keep calm,and move on.

    I was also really frustrated,at first,about the ruin changes. I said it was "a beginning of a new era" and indeed it is,but not a bad one. If you honestly want to quit playing killer,or the game in general,because they altered an addition to the game that was ruining new player's experiences,then you are the problem not the game.

    It is justified to be angry at these changes,but please stop uploading forums like "any suggestions for a new game,cuz the devs on this one don't give a 💩" or "devs don't listen" or even "I'm quitting dbd". It is hard to see these kind of posts,so just stop doing that.

    I am aware about the comments I'll receive,but I'll still upload this. I'm not afraid to help the community,the game and the devs to this hard trip.

    Please,tell me your opinion down below. I am interested to hear from you guys.

    Guess it will be a happy 100th forum for me :3

    Personally, idgaf. I’ve played plenty of games over the years, never paid attention to Patch Notes or “buffs/nerfs”.

    its a game. Not my life. If you hate the developer for the game they’ve created and altered, move on to a new one.

    Also, you can’t build a player base if new players aren’t welcome. The majority of this community despises anything that assists new players; which is why most of my IRL friends won’t touch this game. It’s unfriendly to newbies.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120458/the-devs-dont-listen-wrong

    Personally, idgaf. I’ve played plenty of games over the years, never paid attention to Patch Notes or “buffs/nerfs”.

    its a game. Not my life. If you hate the developer for the game they’ve created and altered, move on to a new one.

    Also, you can’t build a player base if new players aren’t welcome. The majority of this community despises anything that assists new players; which is why most of my IRL friends won’t touch this game. It’s unfriendly to newbies.

    Agreed,tho,a not that serious question. Why does the quote says;"the devs don't listen&quot?

    We may found a new glitch!!

  • This is a good post and I agree. So many people rush to criticize and then the bandwagoning begins. The thing is the ptb is designed to get a feel for changes before they go live. If the devs didn’t care, there would be no ptb, surveys, or this forum. I think it’s sad how rude people are to the devs when none of us here have ever created a game or attempted to balance one as difficult as this one. Again, good post.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996224#Comment_996224

    Agreed,tho,a not that serious question. Why does the quote says;"the devs don't listen&quot?

    We may found a new glitch!!

    it shows to me what your title is, so I’m not sure.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996235#Comment_996235

    it shows to me what your title is, so I’m not sure.

    Shall I change it? I really start to stress out a bit xd

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996240#Comment_996240

    Shall I change it? I really start to stress out a bit xd

    Up to you boss.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    This is a good post and I agree. So many people rush to criticize and then the bandwagoning begins. The thing is the ptb is designed to get a feel for changes before they go live. If the devs didn’t care, there would be no ptb, surveys, or this forum. I think it’s sad how rude people are to the devs when none of us here have ever created a game or attempted to balance one as difficult as this one. Again, good post.

    Thanks,much love <3

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996240#Comment_996240

    Shall I change it? I really start to stress out a bit xd

    It’s pretty clear to me what you’re saying.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120458/the-devs-dont-listen-wrong

    Personally, idgaf. I’ve played plenty of games over the years, never paid attention to Patch Notes or “buffs/nerfs”.

    its a game. Not my life. If you hate the developer for the game they’ve created and altered, move on to a new one.

    Also, you can’t build a player base if new players aren’t welcome. The majority of this community despises anything that assists new players; which is why most of my IRL friends won’t touch this game. It’s unfriendly to newbies.

    This! I started with a group after leaving f13 after two years of playing. Started dbd with 5 friends interested, and only two stuck with it. The others thought it was too hard and frustrating, which I get when you’re new. That grind is rough.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120458/the-devs-dont-listen-wrong

    Personally, idgaf. I’ve played plenty of games over the years, never paid attention to Patch Notes or “buffs/nerfs”.

    its a game. Not my life. If you hate the developer for the game they’ve created and altered, move on to a new one.

    Also, you can’t build a player base if new players aren’t welcome. The majority of this community despises anything that assists new players; which is why most of my IRL friends won’t touch this game. It’s unfriendly to newbies.

    Heaven forbid there is a learning curve involved.

  • You cant say ruin is ruining new player experience in general... I played with 2 friends that just started playing dbd for their first times and both didnt had any problems with ruin. Yeah they hit mostly the 5% skillcheck but that didnt frustrate them. Both of them wanted to get better and tried to hit the great. That just encouraged them to keep doing the gen.

    Thats for me a proof that it is kinda the fault of bad players too... they are just to lazy to adapt themselves to learn how to hit a SKILL check what requieres abit of SKILL and EFFORT.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    You cant say ruin is ruining new player experience in general... I played with 2 friends that just started playing dbd for their first times and both didnt had any problems with ruin. Yeah they hit mostly the 5% skillcheck but that didnt frustrate them. Both of them wanted to get better and tried to hit the great. That just encouraged them to keep doing the gen.

    Thats for me a proof that it is kinda the fault of bad players too... they are just to lazy to adapt themselves to learn how to hit a SKILL check what requieres abit of SKILL and EFFORT.

    I'm a lvl 11 survivor,and I started playing survivor a year ago. Every time a killer had ruin,one of these 4 happened;

    A. Me or a teammate of mine finds the totem and we have a chance of winning

    B. We don't find the totem and the killer completely dominates

    C. Someone DC's cuz of ruin

    D. The most rare occasion,we don't find ruin,but we get over it and win.

    So yeah I agree with you,but it was frustrated for me.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH

    No offence but then you are just to lazy to adapt and learn. Dbd is not the first game that has frustrating mechanics and a high skill cap to learn. Sadly BHVR is a new company to such a "big" game and makes the same mistake blizzard does and listen to the casual player community not to the pro players and mess up with the balancing.

    Blizzard did the same with world of warcraft, they nerfed everything that was to hard to learn and too to long to understand. And now wow is pretty much dead, even I quitted and I was playing on hardcore progress raiding for over 7 years.

    Edit: And I honestly never saw with 3k hours someone dc because of ruin xD

  • @ProtestingKillerMain said:

    I think the devs listen the thing to me personally it just seems like they listen or only care about a select few of the community (i.e low ranking survivor mains) it doesn't seem like they care too much about anybody else but them.

    What most of the community seems to ignore with the ruin change isn't that killer players aren't mad about the change out right (or at least the good ones aren't mad about that) its more about they are nerfing a very "average" perk. I'm not good with words so I might ramble so i apologize in advance OP.

    Like gen speed/map design is a big issue. The two main issues to me in this game. Some maps are just completely unbalanced and unfair to some killers. Did ruin need to be changed? No, not at all. People could have just looked for a totem or hit the skill checks, but the problem with it apparently was lower rank survivors couldn't be bothered with doing either. Now them getting rid of the "hard" skill checks isn't an issue to me. The issue is that they focused so much on making it easier for survivors that they didn't think about the killer side.

    I'm just going to use Clown/Trapper as examples. To be they aren't as bad as people make them seem to be as killers. They are pretty average, not great but not bad. But they get owned by maps. Some maps are just too huge and with the Trapper he has to place traps, find them, and place them which takes time, a lot of time. Gens will go fast so he doesn't have much time to set up. Ruin slowed down the game enough for him to set up for a few seconds being ruin was found usually. They had the survivors in mind only with this change. The only way ruin will be good now is if they didn't attach it to a totem at this point, which is my only issue with it.

    Secondly the doctor changes, it pretty much explains itself with the patch notes only talking about "this will be more fun for survivors" "more (enter word here) for survivors) but they didn't really give him anything at all to help him with his main issues of being a bad killer. It was like "we now Doctor is a bad killer but survivors didn't like going against him so we changed him to be more fun for survivors to go against while giving him nothing". It was the opposite of what they did with Freddy. They knew Freddy was just bad so they reworked him to be better. Why not rework doctor to be better AND more fun for survivors? Why are you only worried about one half of the communities enjoyment.

    Devs listen to BOTH sides killer and survivors, but the thing is lately it just seems to be more geared to pleasing low rank survivors to make the game easier/enjoyable for them. Yes I know survivor perks have taken a hit with the BL nerf but to me its like what i heard somebody else say. "The devs nerf survivors but they butcher killers"

    That's just my stance on it, sorry if I rambled

    It's ok,I understand. As a doctor main,the rework is a buff for me. They also changed ruin in order to make it less frustrated for newer players, since in low ranks the game are killer sided.

    Also,yes maps are a problem. But since they start reworking most of them,I believe we will see changes in the near future.

    Thanks for posting your opinion 👍

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @CLAUDETTEINABUSH

    No offence but then you are just to lazy to adapt and learn. Dbd is not the first game that has frustrating mechanics and a high skill cap to learn. Sadly BHVR is a new company to such a "big" game and makes the same mistake blizzard does and listen to the casual player community not to the pro players and mess up with the balancing.

    Blizzard did the same with world of warcraft, they nerfed everything that was to hard to learn and too to long to understand. And now wow is pretty much dead, even I quitted and I was playing on hardcore progress raiding for over 7 years.

    Edit: And I honestly never saw with 3k hours someone dc because of ruin xD

    First,I said "when I was a new survivor" so I did adapt... eventually after hard work,I'm able to hit greats 50/50

    Also you have 3k hours into the game,so that means you are an experience player. I'm talking about the low ranks/inexperienced survivors. Just wanted to clarify 😁

  • Just because these devs got hired by BHVR doesn't mean they are good at their jobs.

    DbD is over 3 years old and the devs still have not taken any major actions to address the core problem of optimal survivors. Veteran players have been telling them for years now that optimal survivors are very hard to deal with while playing most killers. In other words, the odds are heavily stacked against the killer (in most cases).

    But have the devs taken bold action yet? Nope.

    It's not like we're expecting them to fix everything in one update. But you know what? They could have done something like this:

    Hey community, we understand there are balance issues in red ranks. As such, we will be steadily reworking the maps to make them more balanced for both sides. Also, we will be looking at SWF to make them less arduous to play against. And finally, we will be adjusting overpowered killer setups that are simply unfair for survivors.

    If the devs focused more on things like this ^^^ ,they wouldn't be getting so much heat from the community right now.

    Instead, we mostly get band aid fixes that rarely address core issues. And most recently, the devs basically told red rank killer mains, we think the balance of the game is pretty good, so we're nerfing ruin to make it easier for new survivors.

    It shouldn't be surprising why a large portion of the community is upset (and rightly so).

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH

    I know thats why I took the example where I played with my 2 friends that just bought that game a few days ago, and both of them had no issues or complains about ruin. Luca one of them even said after his FIRST game, "yo dafuq is this genspeed? We escaped after 5min". Well I said "just apply pressure".

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Just because these devs got hired by BHVR doesn't mean they are good at their jobs.

    DbD is over 3 years old and the devs still have not taken any major actions to address the core problem of optimal survivors. Veteran players have been telling them for years now that optimal survivors are very hard to deal with while playing most killers. In other words, the odds are heavily stacked against the killer (in most cases).

    But have the devs taken bold action yet? Nope.

    It's not like we're expecting them to fix everything in one update. But you know what? They could have done something like this:

    Hey community, we understand there are balance issues in red ranks. As such, we will be steadily reworking the maps to make them more balanced for both sides. Also, we will be looking at SWF to make them less arduous to play against. And finally, we will be adjusting overpowered killer setups that are simply unfair for survivors.

    If the devs focused more on things like this ^^^ ,they wouldn't be getting so much heat from the community right now.

    Instead, we mostly get band aid fixes that rarely address core issues. And most recently, the devs basically told red rank killer mains, we think the balance of the game is pretty good, so we're nerfing ruin to make it easier for new survivors.

    It shouldn't be surprising why a large portion of the community is upset (and rightly so).

    Indeed,I understand. But,they still have more hours as devs on a game than all the community put together don't they? I'm pretty sure they know their jobs,and they are doing well.

    As for the game mechanics,maybe we could over exaggerate a bit,I don't know. They should have a reason tho. Thanks for commenting!!!!

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @CLAUDETTEINABUSH

    I know thats why I took the example where I played with my 2 friends that just bought that game a few days ago, and both of them had no issues or complains about ruin. Luca one of them even said after his FIRST game, "yo dafuq is this genspeed? We escaped after 5min". Well I said "just apply pressure".

    Just clarifying because you said that NOW I'm too lazy,after my "adaptation"

    :3

  • The problem is their timing..they just slashed the top two killers..one of which all but vanished..and now lower tier characters will struggle immensely for the foreseeable future..however..remaining optimistic if the oni and doctor changes turn out well we could have 5 viable killers to handle the top ranks

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Off topic; this is my 100th post,so wahooo!!!!

    Into the real topic. I've been looking around forums,left and right and everyone that is mad about the ruin changes say the same thing; "devs don't play their game,devs don't listen to killers". Since my dream job is becoming a dev,in any game really,I'll explain why I think devs listen,with some proof for the intellectuals.

    Patch 3.4,November 2019,the death of balanced landing,along with some undetectable buffs.

    Patch 3.2.0, September 2019, undetectable and oblivious are added to the game. Along with the new dlc,stranger things.

    Patch 3.2.1, September 2019,shred now breaks pallets by default.

    Patch 3.1.0,July 2019,Freddy got his rework,making him the most lethal killer according to behavior's polls and information that they gathered. Freddy's rework was a success and Freddy got a lot of love.

    I could continue,but I didn't wanna bother to put too much information. Moral of the story is that devs actually hear the communities opinion. They have to put some priorities. The doctor and the ruin reworks were leaked to get a buff,and the devs are thinking alternatives for ruin. The devs aren't survivor sided and of course they play their game. It is difficult to balance a game,so I believe we should let them do their work.

    Think it like this; a Dev on dbd has around 3-4+ years game balancing experience in this game,I don't even count if they worked for other games before. They have 3-4 more years of balancing than we all do. So my suggestion is to keep calm,and move on.

    I was also really frustrated,at first,about the ruin changes. I said it was "a beginning of a new era" and indeed it is,but not a bad one. If you honestly want to quit playing killer,or the game in general,because they altered an addition to the game that was ruining new player's experiences,then you are the problem not the game.

    It is justified to be angry at these changes,but please stop uploading forums like "any suggestions for a new game,cuz the devs on this one don't give a 💩" or "devs don't listen" or even "I'm quitting dbd". It is hard to see these kind of posts,so just stop doing that.

    I am aware about the comments I'll receive,but I'll still upload this. I'm not afraid to help the community,the game and the devs to this hard trip.

    Please,tell me your opinion down below. I am interested to hear from you guys.

    Guess it will be a happy 100th forum for me :3

    So when they do listen according to you, how come they didnt hear any negative feedback about the recent legion changes? I remember some very sad legion mains on the forums.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996317#Comment_996317

    Indeed,I understand. But,they still have more hours as devs on a game than all the community put together don't they? I'm pretty sure they know their jobs,and they are doing well.

    As for the game mechanics,maybe we could over exaggerate a bit,I don't know. They should have a reason tho. Thanks for commenting!!!!

    LOL 😂There's no way of knowing how much time the devs have worked on this game. All that information is private.

    Some of those devs could be doing a half-ass job and we wouldn't know.

    Although, to be fair, I don't think that's the case.

    Like I told you, just because they were hired doesn't mean they will make good decisions.

    As far as exaggerating balance, we aren't exaggerating much. Optimal survivors is a balance issue. The devs still have done little about it. Which is why this Ruin change is especially disappointing.

  • People are mad because they're removing the learning curve from the game with the hope of courting "new players". They also seemed to ignore the frustrations of killer players completely (some of which are new) as well as completely ignoring the almost unanimous opinions of their most experienced players about the upcoming changes. To some people, that feels like an abject betrayal. Since without the veteran players and streamers, this game would have been dead years ago when it started tanking on Steam.

    To me? This entire debacle has been a laugh and a half. I have been with this game since the beta, I've streamed it and I used to love it. It replaced Evolve for me, I've always loved the 1 vs Many types of games. However. The direction it is going shows a clear disconnect between the experienced players and the devs, with too much of a focus on new players. You make the game welcoming by explaining your systems. Not by dumbing them down so an infant could play. Maybe some of us need to accept that we aren't their target demographic anymore and move on.

    Anywho. Two more asymmetrical games are being released in a few months. Resistance and Predator, both have the backing of massive companies and had fairly successful beta tests. So we will see if this tactic of balancing from the bottom pays off for BVHR or blows up in their faces.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996330#Comment_996330

    LOL 😂There's no way of knowing how much time the devs have worked on this game. All that information is private.

    Some of those devs could be doing a half-ass job and we wouldn't know.

    Although, to be fair, I don't think that's the case.

    Like I told you, just because they were hired doesn't mean they will make good decisions.

    As far as exaggerating balance, we aren't exaggerating much. Optimal survivors is a balance issue. The devs still have done little about it. Which is why this Ruin change is especially disappointing.

    Indeed there is no way of knowing.....buuuuuuut even if they are devs for a minute,they have 1 minute more dev experience than we do.

    Also,imagine in the next 2-3 patches,since you guys believe that killers will get gen rushed to Oblivion,they will buff many more killer powers and perks,in order to balance things out.

  • 1. Balanced Landing is still good lmao.

    2. Oblivious only really benefits Freddy, Demogorgon is loud enough to where you hear his footsteps. Also Nemesis is mainly used for the obsession swap. Undetectable is also pretty pointless as its purpose to counter OoO was rendered mute when the perk icon for OoO still lights up when looking in that direction.

    3. Old Freddy was better than new Freddy. I know I'm going to get flamed for that one but whatever. Most people didn't know how to play him.


  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996367#Comment_996367

    Indeed there is no way of knowing.....buuuuuuut even if they are devs for a minute,they have 1 minute more dev experience than we do.

    Also,imagine in the next 2-3 patches,since you guys believe that killers will get gen rushed to Oblivion,they will buff many more killer powers and perks,in order to balance things out.

    Sure that is why ruin changes come out with a long list of buffed killer powers, oh wait..

  • Yeah they do listen. Look how quickly they fixed the sound issue. Oh wait....

  • @epyon said:

    Yeah they do listen. Look how quickly they fixed the sound issue. Oh wait....

    I remember a Dev saying that the sound bugs are in their "to do list"

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/997029#Comment_997029

    Sure that is why ruin changes come out with a long list of buffed killer powers, oh wait..

    Screenshot_2020-01-14-08-14-32-549_com.android.browser.png

    This is from @Almo ,I didn't even bother to pull out this card but this is also proof they listen!

    BTW I forgot to include instaheals didn't I?

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/997046#Comment_997046

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/278/RVDJ4P2881T3.png

    This is from @Almo ,I didn't even bother to pull out this card but this is also proof they listen!

    BTW I forgot to include instaheals didn't I?

    Okay yet in the livestream they specificly said, we didn't get any negative feedback regarding legion. I remember several people on this forum being more than vocal about it. Strange isnt it?

    Insta heals care to explain what is bad about them? Purple gives you a protection against any insta down, how is that bad something that wasn't possible before but hey it was totally nerfed.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/997165#Comment_997165

    Okay yet in the livestream they specificly said, we didn't get any negative feedback regarding legion. I remember several people on this forum being more than vocal about it. Strange isnt it?

    I believe you,even tho I don't remember this incident 😂

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/997244#Comment_997244

    I believe you,even tho I don't remember this incident 😂

    The livestream or that people were vocal about it?


  • That is what I have been thinking from the beginning. I develop indie and I know how difficult it is, I hope your dream is fulfilled and that we work together for the wishes of the entity;)

    PD:I'm not native English, I'm so sorry

  • The Livestream. I didn't see it xd

  • @thelioncid said:

    That is what I have been thinking from the beginning. I develop indie and I know how difficult it is, I hope your dream is fulfilled and that we work together for the wishes of the entity;)

    PD:I'm not native English, I'm so sorry

    Thank you <3

  • Finally someone who has a brain and knows how to use it. The rest of the community is like 12 years old fortnite players.

  • @epyon said:

    Yeah they do listen. Look how quickly they fixed the sound issue. Oh wait....

    You think it's easy to work on a game? It needs time.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Just because these devs got hired by BHVR doesn't mean they are good at their jobs.

    DbD is over 3 years old and the devs still have not taken any major actions to address the core problem of optimal survivors. Veteran players have been telling them for years now that optimal survivors are very hard to deal with while playing most killers. In other words, the odds are heavily stacked against the killer (in most cases).

    But have the devs taken bold action yet? Nope.

    It's not like we're expecting them to fix everything in one update. But you know what? They could have done something like this:

    Hey community, we understand there are balance issues in red ranks. As such, we will be steadily reworking the maps to make them more balanced for both sides. Also, we will be looking at SWF to make them less arduous to play against. And finally, we will be adjusting overpowered killer setups that are simply unfair for survivors.

    If the devs focused more on things like this ^^^ ,they wouldn't be getting so much heat from the community right now.

    Instead, we mostly get band aid fixes that rarely address core issues. And most recently, the devs basically told red rank killer mains, we think the balance of the game is pretty good, so we're nerfing ruin to make it easier for new survivors.

    It shouldn't be surprising why a large portion of the community is upset (and rightly so).

    This ^^

    As a dev myself, I really can't explain why they are doing so few changes to the core gameplay (and in general too). There are now 230 people working there, and I can't believe this is the result of their work. They seem to not recognize the real problems, and focus elsewhere. They go 1 step in the right direction, then 2 steps backwards. Also, if they do something, they do it slowly (sometimes it takes months to solve something easy). Here a couple of examples.

    Example 1: why focus on Ruin for new players?!? It's obvious the problem is the matchmaker, new players should play against new players, not against veterans. You solve this problem fixing the matchmaker, not nerfing some aspects of the gameplay. New players shouldn't verse against Ruin in the firsts hours of the game. This is so obvious that I really can't think anything else. But the matchmaker was always broken, and they never managed to fix it even for "random" matching: some queue times are so long not for the lack of population, but because it's broken! They have 230 in the team: if in 3 years the team that was trying to fix the matchmaker didn't fix it the right way, then switch people, make another team, do something!

    Example 2: SWF. I know this can be hard to deal with ... but no so that hard. Close the gap! It's so difficult? With 230 people I expect in a couple of months this problem to be "almost" solved ... if not, there is something wrong in your organization. Until now they did nothing for the SWF problem. There are plenty of solutions the community proposed, pick up some of them if you devs are not competent enough to solve it on your own. Whatever choice you will make, it can't be worse than the actual state of the game ... but DO something!

    Yes ... I can go play another game, but this one has so much potential that is a shame they don't take advantage of it. I could play it a lot more, and even spend some moneys in the store if it actual gets good.

  • @Tenebro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996317#Comment_996317

    This ^^

    As a dev myself, I really can't explain why they are doing so few changes to the core gameplay (and in general too). There are now 230 people working there, and I can't believe this is the result of their work. They seem to not recognize the real problems, and focus elsewhere. They go 1 step in the right direction, then 2 steps backwards. Also, if they do something, they do it slowly (sometimes it takes months to solve something easy). Here a couple of examples.

    Example 1: why focus on Ruin for new players?!? It's obvious the problem is the matchmaker, new players should play against new players, not against veterans. You solve this problem fixing the matchmaker, not nerfing some aspects of the gameplay. New players shouldn't verse against Ruin in the firsts hours of the game. This is so obvious that I really can't think anything else. But the matchmaker was always broken, and they never managed to fix it even for "random" matching: some queue times are so long not for the lack of population, but because it's broken! They have 230 in the team: if in 3 years the team that was trying to fix the matchmaker didn't fix it the right way, then switch people, make another team, do something!

    Example 2: SWF. I know this can be hard to deal with ... but no so that hard. Close the gap! It's so difficult? With 230 people I expect in a couple of months this problem to be "almost" solved ... if not, there is something wrong in your organization. Until now they did nothing for the SWF problem. There are plenty of solutions the community proposed, pick up some of them if you devs are not competent enough to solve it on your own. Whatever choice you will make, it can't be worse than the actual state of the game ... but DO something!

    Yes ... I can go play another game, but this one has so much potential that is a shame they don't take advantage of it. I could play it a lot more, and even spend some moneys in the store if it actual gets good.

    What game dev? I am interested

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996367#Comment_996367

    Indeed there is no way of knowing.....buuuuuuut even if they are devs for a minute,they have 1 minute more dev experience than we do.

    Also,imagine in the next 2-3 patches,since you guys believe that killers will get gen rushed to Oblivion,they will buff many more killer powers and perks,in order to balance things out.

    Again, let me repeat. Just because they were hired by BHVR doesn't mean they are good at their jobs.

    Also, you're basically telling me to hope that the devs have plans in mind to help killers down the road. That's hysterical.

    The devs have a shoddy track record, so I don't have much trust in them.

  • I don't work in the game industry ... but I know how the things work in sw development, servers administration, etc. for big projects 😉

  • I love how you use the freddy rework.

    You're right, they do listen. It just takes 3 years.

  • To be fair the guy who said this game is bad for new players is completely right. Ive got a few friends into the game but most of them don't play because the game normally lasts ages with them and they repeatedly die at the end, even if they are playing alone and not with me. I get a learning curve but the game is just so killer sided in the beginning. Are you saying that there should only be a learning curve for survivors and one that's so hard and boring because you never escape that everyone quits? Im a good player now and enjoy the game somewhat but if my friend hadn't nagged me it wouldn't have taken me long to quit

  • @Zamblot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996266#Comment_996266

    To be fair the guy who said this game is bad for new players is completely right. Ive got a few friends into the game but most of them don't play because the game normally lasts ages with them and they repeatedly die at the end, even if they are playing alone and not with me. I get a learning curve but the game is just so killer sided in the beginning. Are you saying that there should only be a learning curve for survivors and one that's so hard and boring because you never escape that everyone quits? Im a good player now and enjoy the game somewhat but if my friend hadn't nagged me it wouldn't have taken me long to quit

    Ye, the game is trash for new players, and it will still be trash because devs aren't solving the problem the right way. They still think nerfing Ruin is good for new survivor ... if it was me, instead, I would rather FIX the matchmaker (including systems like TrueSkill or ELO or something similar), handle disconnections for real (they are already testing this, but as usual they take ages to do anything), easing leveling bloodweb for new people (so they can get some decent perks or addons as soon as possible .... to avoid playing "perkless"), balance some well known broken maps (or at least decrease the chances to find certain maps if the players in a game are new), solve the "derank" tactic and smurfs accounts (as other online games already did since decades), and so on.

    A new player shouldn't never face a good killer with Ruin ... but hey, let's nerf Ruin because Mastchmaker is broken and they don't know how to fix it ... 230 people, and nobody can fix it ... incredible :(

  • @Zamblot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996266#Comment_996266

    To be fair the guy who said this game is bad for new players is completely right. Ive got a few friends into the game but most of them don't play because the game normally lasts ages with them and they repeatedly die at the end, even if they are playing alone and not with me. I get a learning curve but the game is just so killer sided in the beginning. Are you saying that there should only be a learning curve for survivors and one that's so hard and boring because you never escape that everyone quits? Im a good player now and enjoy the game somewhat but if my friend hadn't nagged me it wouldn't have taken me long to quit

    I'm not saying there should only be a learning curve for survivors. I'm saying that even if it is a bit harder to begin with then they should power through it. Not every game is like COD where you can pick up a controller and instantly be good.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Off topic; this is my 100th post,so wahooo!!!!

    Into the real topic. I've been looking around forums,left and right and everyone that is mad about the ruin changes say the same thing; "devs don't play their game,devs don't listen to killers". Since my dream job is becoming a dev,in any game really,I'll explain why I think devs listen,with some proof for the intellectuals.

    Patch 3.4,November 2019,the death of balanced landing,along with some undetectable buffs.

    Patch 3.2.0, September 2019, undetectable and oblivious are added to the game. Along with the new dlc,stranger things.

    Patch 3.2.1, September 2019,shred now breaks pallets by default.

    Patch 3.1.0,July 2019,Freddy got his rework,making him the most lethal killer according to behavior's polls and information that they gathered. Freddy's rework was a success and Freddy got a lot of love.

    I could continue,but I didn't wanna bother to put too much information. Moral of the story is that devs actually hear the communities opinion. They have to put some priorities. The doctor and the ruin reworks were leaked to get a buff,and the devs are thinking alternatives for ruin. The devs aren't survivor sided and of course they play their game. It is difficult to balance a game,so I believe we should let them do their work.

    Think it like this; a Dev on dbd has around 3-4+ years game balancing experience in this game,I don't even count if they worked for other games before. They have 3-4 more years of balancing than we all do. So my suggestion is to keep calm,and move on.

    I was also really frustrated,at first,about the ruin changes. I said it was "a beginning of a new era" and indeed it is,but not a bad one. If you honestly want to quit playing killer,or the game in general,because they altered an addition to the game that was ruining new player's experiences,then you are the problem not the game.

    It is justified to be angry at these changes,but please stop uploading forums like "any suggestions for a new game,cuz the devs on this one don't give a 💩" or "devs don't listen" or even "I'm quitting dbd". It is hard to see these kind of posts,so just stop doing that.

    I am aware about the comments I'll receive,but I'll still upload this. I'm not afraid to help the community,the game and the devs to this hard trip.

    Please,tell me your opinion down below. I am interested to hear from you guys.

    Guess it will be a happy 100th forum for me :3

    The Devs DON"T LISTEN because its all text, they READ.

  • @epyon said:

    Yeah they do listen. Look how quickly they fixed the sound issue. Oh wait....

    Well that's because they couldn't hear it.

  • No,they really don't.

  • Don’t you know that if the devs aren’t listening to a handful of players they aren’t listening to the entire community?!?!

    How dare you not get with the program?!