DS needs to be reworked once and for all

With the upcoming Ruin changes it's completely overdue that Decisive Strike will no longer be this annoying crutch that it is right now. I know it's supposed to be an "anti tunneling perk" and I dont mind if I get hit by hit because I immediately chased the unhooked person... but what I do mind hard is if I get hit by it because a survivor did some cocky stuff right in front of my face like repairing a generator a minute after he got unhooked already.

The changes this perk needs to turn it into a true anti tunnel perk are simple:

  • activation timer from 60 seconds to UNLIMITED
  • DS gets disabled immediately if the unhooked survivor 1) got fully healed, 2) touches a generator, 3) sabotages a hook, 4) cleanses a totem or 5) heals another survivor


This perk is not an anti tunneling perk atm. It's basically a "you are a god for 1 minute now. enjoy." perk

Comments

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/986595#Comment_986595

    Funny enough, I never said I wouldn't read it, I said I wouldn't touch it and I haven't. Again you make my point for me.

    You also did put words in my mouth, stating "It's not false. DS is still the best Anti tunnel a survivor has." But please keep proving my point that you're an idiot that forms opinions and counter arguements after reading one line from others comments.

    Furthermore, you strike me as the baby players that played for 1-2 weeks, starts getting crushed by yellow ranks and thinks it's the games fault.

    That you wouldn't touch it? So why not clarify you read it, but dont want to comment on it? The way you said it it made me think you didn't at all.

    *You also did put words in my mouth, stating "It's not false. DS is still the best Anti tunnel a survivor has."* this was my point? How did I put this in your mouth again?

    I am not a "baby player" I have played the game since 2016, so I'm well aware of the flaws the game currently has, and the long way this game has come since then. I don't expect you to care that I am red ranks on console and PC for killer, though I have not played survivor on console for some time now, so I will be green by the 13th of this month.

    You sir strike me as ignorant and inconsiderate. All you came here to do was insult me instead of making fair points and being civil. Yet, I am the idiot right? What do I know?

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119024/ds-needs-to-be-reworked-once-and-for-all

    I don’t get why people think this is such a strong perk. I just assume they all have it and leave them slugged for a minute. No more DS.

    Because you never played killer against a decent team. :)

  • DS is fine. It's balanced in my opinion. I can count on one hand how many times I've been hit with DS since the rework...

  • @rch614 said:

    DS only needs a potential nerf for its use in the end game and locker grabbing. It is absolutely fine as it is because you can slug and get plenty of pressure from that as it is.

    DS does not need a nerf during end game. If your DS lasted until end game then you deserve to be able to use it (this is when killers will usually tunnel or camp the most). I don't care about the lockers... I never use them.

  • whiny little kids always complaining about DS, give it a break. Either play like a wholesome killer or gtfo DBD if you don’t like it that much. I don’t ever use DS because at red ranks you might get to use it in 3/10 games. I’d rather run perks I can get use out of every game, than a situational perk that punishes d*ckhead killers

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/987954#Comment_987954

    That you wouldn't touch it? So why not clarify you read it, but dont want to comment on it? The way you said it it made me think you didn't at all.

    *You also did put words in my mouth, stating "It's not false. DS is still the best Anti tunnel a survivor has."* this was my point? How did I put this in your mouth again?

    I am not a "baby player" I have played the game since 2016, so I'm well aware of the flaws the game currently has, and the long way this game has come since then. I don't expect you to care that I am red ranks on console and PC for killer, though I have not played survivor on console for some time now, so I will be green by the 13th of this month.

    You sir strike me as ignorant and inconsiderate. All you came here to do was insult me instead of making fair points and being civil. Yet, I am the idiot right? What do I know?

    By saying "it's not false", I never said it was. I just said you're an idiot for clearly forming opinions and counter arguements for things you've clearly not even read fully. Something you're continually doing.

  • That would make DS just too powerful. Killers would never pick you up because they don't wanna get DS but at the same time is so stupid that they can't pick you up because of 1 perk and it is unlimited amount of time.

    What is killer's fault if your teammate yolo saved you in front of him or you just got caught shortly after because you ran and left scratch marks everywhere and killer found you even though he was just looking for anyone around that area.

    It is hard to make an anti-tunnel perk because not always killer tries to tunnel you but it is your and or your teammate's mistake to do a save so close to him and you just made a bad play and got caught.

    60 seconds enough to waste almost 3 gen time if he just slugs and waits around for the timer and also enough time to get heals and escape if he doesn't slug and wait for that 60 seconds what I mean is he either is gonna camp around the DS guy or chase someone so either way it punishes the killer as long as your teammates don't be stupid and try to ######### around the killer who is just camping you for that 60 seconds and do gens

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981760#Comment_981760

    DS does not need a nerf during end game. If your DS lasted until end game then you deserve to be able to use it (this is when killers will usually tunnel or camp the most). I don't care about the lockers... I never use them.

    It's when camping and tunneling are usually NECESSARY, especially if gates are 99%.

    DS is generally a straight up guaranteed escape in the endgame, especially when paired with BT and/or Unbreakable.

    I don't think it should be nerfed at all. But let's not pretend survivors "earned" it by not being tunneled all game up to that point.

    Let's also not pretend it isn't total BS.

  • @rch614 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988036#Comment_988036

    It's when camping and tunneling are usually NECESSARY, especially if gates are 99%.

    DS is generally a straight up guaranteed escape in the endgame, especially when paired with BT and/or Unbreakable.

    I don't think it should be nerfed at all. But let's not pretend survivors "earned" it by not being tunneled all game up to that point.

    Let's also not pretend it isn't total BS.

    I do believe the survivor earned it if they survived till end game and still have DS. This is coming from someone that plays BOTH sides. Just take out DS before it gets to end game if you suspect someone has it. Not that hard. I don't believe it's BS... I think it's balanced.

  • for people saying that DS has already been nerfed. True, it has been nerfed before, but almost everyone likes the change. even killers. (much so) but im pretty sure people who play both sides all dislike the ruin change.

  • Why if they cleanse a totem? If they have Inner Strength, they may need to cleanse a totem if you come back to the hook in order to heal themselves. The rest I can agree with but not if they cleanse a totem

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989076#Comment_989076

    I do believe the survivor earned it if they survived till end game and still have DS. This is coming from someone that plays BOTH sides. Just take out DS before it gets to end game if you suspect someone has it. Not that hard. I don't believe it's BS... I think it's balanced.

    Well it's not. And I'm a huge advocate for them to not touch DS. It's 100% BS in the endgame. 60 seconds is an insanely long time for endgame, especially if gates are open, you can't even slug that long. Not to mention people with DS going for very ballsy saves with BT and/or Unbreakable.

    But even without those two perks, DS alone is insane in the endgame.

  • Do not fear their feeble words my killers, nothing will stop the return of ENDURING! -Grief Lord Rokrueger

  • If DS is getting nerfed for countering tunnellers, then you can't get mad for survivors who ask for a NOED nerf, since it counters genrushers.

    DS is fine, NOED is fine. None of them need nerfs.

    Maybe so it doesn't activate when you're in a locker would be reasonable actually.

  • @rch614 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989188#Comment_989188

    Well it's not. And I'm a huge advocate for them to not touch DS. It's 100% BS in the endgame. 60 seconds is an insanely long time for endgame, especially if gates are open, you can't even slug that long. Not to mention people with DS going for very ballsy saves with BT and/or Unbreakable.

    But even without those two perks, DS alone is insane in the endgame.

    We'll just have to agree to disagree. I see nothing wrong with DS during end game. I can count on one hand how many times I got hit with DS at end game since the rework (not even joking). Killers can just take DS out early if they are scared of it.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/982100#Comment_982100

    I simply don't enjoy entitled killer mains complaining about everything. I don't agree with the Ruin changes, but that doesn't give you the right to go ######### on another perk.

    I actually agree with this - Much like "an eye for an eye" makes the whole world blind, "A nerf for a nerf" makes the whole game gimped.

    The issue here isn't "They gutted Ruin, so now they need to gut DS". The issue is that they gutted ruin, without looking at WHY it was used so much, -at all-. Trying to punish survivors with nerfs will perpetuate that cycle and accomplish nothing except provoking a similar response. A spiteful merry-go-round of nerfs is fun for no one, and basically removes any responsibility for being even handed from the developers.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991814#Comment_991814

    We'll just have to agree to disagree. I see nothing wrong with DS during end game. I can count on one hand how many times I got hit with DS at end game since the rework (not even joking). Killers can just take DS out early if they are scared of it.

    Taking DS's early can be a serious game losing mistake but yeah we'll just have to disagree.

1 2 3 ›