Will you quit after "ruin nerf" update.

Comments

  • I'll have to adapt

  • ill just play survivor instead.

  • @Grandkurama said:

    I'll have to adapt

    Watch TrU3Ta1ent about this nerf. No reason to adapt. It will be continue, they will be nerf everything what use killers. 

  • I'm almost sure that 90% of the people saying they will quit (across all forums not just this post) are talking out of their a**es and will not stop playing the game regardless if this nerf is to their liking or not. and the ones who do will not be missed nor will it kill the game, I'm so sick of seeing the stupidity on these forums

  • Wish there was a "Maybe" option. I switched over from playing a vast majority of killer to a vast majority as survivor after Legion released because killer had become so frustrating and stressful that it wasn't worth it any longer. I sit here, playing survivor, bored as all hell, hoping that some day they'll put some oomph and fun back into killer... and it just doesn't happen. And now this? I'd like to hold out hope, and I'd wish nothing more than to be able to go back to killer and have fun again, but hope is running out. I'm a hard "maybe" at this point.

  • @DarqPhoenix said:

    I'm almost sure that 90% of the people saying they will quit (across all forums not just this post) are talking out of their a**es and will not stop playing the game regardless if this nerf is to their liking or not. and the ones who do will not be missed nor will it kill the game, I'm so sick of seeing the stupidity on these forums

    Another surv main detected. Enjoy long queue as surv at any ranks after nerf.

  • I've already slowly stopped playing this game and I'm having way more fun playing different games. Although I do play both sides I've been turning more into a survivor main when I have been playing due to how stressful killer is.

    When I've come home from work and want to play DbD I just open a twitch stream and still escape way too much as survivor. If I open a twitch stream as killer then I'd lose. Survivor is a walk in the park compared to killer so I'm just going to play that role more.

  • This community needs to grow up.

  • @White_Owl said:

    This community needs to grow up.

    Lets start from developers, who nerf everything because of crybaby surv mains like you. With this ruin nerf they should decrease gen repair speed, but guess what, they only care about survivor gameplay acording how many times word "survivor" was used in patch notes. 

    Patch notes in short: Killer should try harder - survivor should play for fun. Grow up and learn how to skill checks or search for ruin, but no, developers let you just do gens and leave, like real pepega.

  • I don't use Ruin, so this doesn't affect me. I am however looking forward to my instant queue times as killer becoming supersonic if this nerf goes through. It's so much more fun to go around doing nothing but teabagging as Ghostface if the queue times are nonexistent; having to wait to meme around puts a damper on things.

  • Only a sith deals in absolutes

  • So far, we can see four "No", because other 9 is surv mains.

  • @Rattman said:

    Only a sith deals in absolutes

    Using "only" in that statement makes you a Sith.

  • By the way, in german version it says something like "A sith deals in nothing but absolutes". What do you think, is it still sith-ish thing to say?

  • @Rattman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/973895#Comment_973895

    By the way, in german version it says something like "A sith deals in nothing but absolutes". What do you think, is it still sith-ish thing to say?

    The German one is better. If I were a Jedi main, I would be comfortable saying that without worrying about being outed as a Sith main.

  • Gotta fight fire with fire. I'll only do the rift killer challenges, basically only farming/throwing the game.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974110#Comment_974110

    The German one is better. If I were a Jedi main, I would be comfortable saying that without worrying about being outed as a Sith main.

    Too bad Disney also did update and screwed everything.

  • I think people are so used relying on ruin they all went to panic mode. After reading the news I went ahead and replaced ruin from my killer builds and played some games. In only one of six I couldnt stop the survivors from escaping (did pretty bad with gatekeeper tho) on red rank. I think ruin changes will be interesting- personally I feel kind of.. liberated being more comfortable using alternative builds. Quit if you want but you could also give it a go and experiment

  • i dont even use ruin at r1 pig so I dont see a problem

  • @Oshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/973775#Comment_973775

    Lets start from developers, who nerf everything because of crybaby surv mains like you. With this ruin nerf they should decrease gen repair speed, but guess what, they only care about survivor gameplay acording how many times word "survivor" was used in patch notes. 

    Patch notes in short: Killer should try harder - survivor should play for fun. Grow up and learn how to skill checks or search for ruin, but no, developers let you just do gens and leave, like real pepega.

    because of crybaby surv mains like you

    Calling me "crybaby surv main" only because I disagree with you, without even knowing me, shows how immature and childish you are. If there's a crybaby, that's not me.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I don't use Ruin, so this doesn't affect me. I am however looking forward to my instant queue times as killer becoming supersonic if this nerf goes through. It's so much more fun to go around doing nothing but teabagging as Ghostface if the queue times are nonexistent; having to wait to meme around puts a damper on things.

    What build do you run as ghostface may I ask ?

  • Why would I quit because of a perk change I haven't even tested in game yet? Also why would anyone quit because of a perk. A perk....not a fundamental mechanic change...a perk. If ruin does turn out bad I'll give feedback and use a different slow down perk like Corrupt Intervention on killers like trapper or hag that need the set up time. Ruin is quite ineffective at slowing down the game anyways so if it is bad I'm hoping people stop with the stigma that "Ruin is needed to win games" and see how it just really isn't a great perk.

  • @Oshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/973217#Comment_973217

    Watch TrU3Ta1ent about this nerf. No reason to adapt. It will be continue, they will be nerf everything what use killers. 

    ok youre just part of Tru3 Cult, your opinion is invalid because youre just passing his words not making your own statement :)

    i stopped using ruin about 1,5 year ago (after 300h killer gameplay, and then played for 700h without it) yes on your red ranks, and no, not on top 4 killers

    its time for you to change your habits and stop being afk for 2mins (like sometimes Tru3 is and then you(you as Tru3 cult) send that videos here to cry about genrush)

  • I will avenge and run Spirit with Ebony Mori and Corrupt Intervention instead Ruin in every match.

  • I allready did last week tbh.

    I needed a little break from this game and seeing this nerf incoming, i couldn't have chosen a better time 😬😂

  • I will stop using ruin. I see no use in it. Survivors can tap a generator to stop it from regressing. Embarrassing change.

  • I've alread "quit" since I was getting burned out, but as it stands now this change is definitely not making me wanna come back.

  • @Oshi said:

    I see one surv main is voted. Poll is for people who majority play killer. No one cares about genrusher surv mains and what they vote. 

    Grow up

  • I never use ruin so I don't really care

  • 9 out of 10 people that voted "yes" will actually stay. Wanna bet?

  • @Oshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/973775#Comment_973775

    Lets start from developers, who nerf everything because of crybaby surv mains like you. With this ruin nerf they should decrease gen repair speed, but guess what, they only care about survivor gameplay acording how many times word "survivor" was used in patch notes. 

    Patch notes in short: Killer should try harder - survivor should play for fun. Grow up and learn how to skill checks or search for ruin, but no, developers let you just do gens and leave, like real pepega.

    Oh please how about you grow up and start adapting?If you can't do just that just ######### leave.You haven't even played the PTB yet.

  • @Oshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/973379#Comment_973379

    Another surv main detected. Enjoy long queue as surv at any ranks after nerf.

    yeah except I don't main survivor lol

  • How about you learn how to adapt to a change and how to respect others' opinions?

    Don't be Hex: Childish.

  • Same build I run on all my killers: Beast of Prey, Distressing, BBQ, and Whispers. Beast of Prey is great when memeing, because I get boosted Bloodpoints just for having survivors in my line of sight.

  • image.png image.png

    Out of all of these, the only ones with Ruin are Hag (Tier III, in use), Doctor (Tier I, not in use), Ghost Face (Tier I, not in use) and Demogorgon (Tier I, not is use). I don't really use it because I know how it feels on the Survivor side, and it tends to be cleansed quickly whenever I do use it. I will not, nor do I have any reason to, quit if Ruin is nerfed.

    My issue is that BHVR believes it was being run because of the Gatekeeper emblem and not gen speeds.

  • @DarqPhoenix said:

    I'm almost sure that 90% of the people saying they will quit (across all forums not just this post) are talking out of their a**es and will not stop playing the game regardless if this nerf is to their liking or not. and the ones who do will not be missed nor will it kill the game, I'm so sick of seeing the stupidity on these forums

    i agree

  • @xEa said:

    9 out of 10 people that voted "yes" will actually stay. Wanna bet?

    yep

  • Making a poll and insulting others for having a different opinion when you made a poll for opinion is a good reason why you're gone.


    Anyways, I don't use Ruin so nothing has changed.

    I like playing without meta crutches, at red ranks all you'll see is 2nd chance perks and egotistical survivors cause they're safe with those perks, easy counter with some perks.

  • @White_Owl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/973834#Comment_973834

    because of crybaby surv mains like you

    Calling me "crybaby surv main" only because I disagree with you, without even knowing me, shows how immature and childish you are. If there's a crybaby, that's not me.

    Good one lol:) and I'm a killer main.

  • Didn't have ruin to begin with 😂

  • I refused to use ruin to begin with, so I'm just kicking back and watching people try to burn the place down over a change to a perk. Calm yourselves, whether you like it or not this game is playable without a crutch perk.

  • Yes but only coincidentally.

    I had planned to cut down on my DBD play after I completed the (my first and last premium) Rift pass. I got stuck in with the Blood Hunt event but now I am on a DBD detox.

    I used to sometimes play a couple of hours a day, but now might just do dailies and that's it.

    I have other interests and responsibilities.