Is dbd community t0x1c?

I play tons of games and I can't even count the toxicity I've been throughout these communities, (league of legends,csgo,tf, overwatch, etc.), and I can surely say that this community is the first that treated me well when I started playing the game.

I know what you are thinking; dbd community is t0xIc, well yes. All communities have toxic people but TBH compared to those games that I mentioned, dbd community is godly.

I still remember my first game as survivor,I was against a pig and she found me first. She realized I was a nooby and decided to help me understand the game by going into loops and showing me how to drop pallets. This is the community at its best, helpful,smart and generous people that just play a video game to have fun. The game isnt competitive and I love how calm people are.

After playing a sweaty and stressing game of league, I always hop into a relaxing game of dbd. I don't know about you guys but I believe that toxicity in this community is less than other games, and I respect the community for that.

Let me know about your opinion. Is dbd community THAT toxic?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Most my matches end in gg's or friendly discussions

    So no it's really not that bad

    I agree LoL is the worst, i'm so glad i quit that game

  • Dead by Daylight is the reason why I've switched my messaging to "Friends Only" on PlayStation.

    I haven't had a positive and friendly discussion regarding the game since the very first night I played. That was a flash in the pan. Everything, other than that night, has just been negative and toxic. Never from the Killer, always from other Survivors, whether I was playing as Killer or a Survivor.

    I might turn it back on sometime soon and see how it is, but as of now... no way.

  • @HauntedMandalorian said:

    Dead by Daylight is the reason why I've switched my messaging to "Friends Only" on PlayStation.

    I haven't had a positive and friendly discussion regarding the game since the very first night I played. That was a flash in the pan. Everything, other than that night, has just been negative and toxic. Never from the Killer, always from other Survivors, whether I was playing as Killer or a Survivor.

    I might turn it back on sometime soon and see how it is, but as of now... no way.

    @gizmo said:

    Every game’s community is “toxic.” No game’s playerbase wants to just be stuck with people that are bad, and don’t want to advance themself. If they did, there’s no point of the game.

    Sorry to hear that. Maybe PS4 has more toxic people than PC I don't know...

  • Im a Survivor and i play on Xbox and there are so many toxic players its made me not want to play the game all the abuse and unfair gameplay its not fair for those of us that want to enjoy the game

  • Agreed. Dbd is a diamond in the rough.

  • Sadly in higher ranks yes..killers in low rank and survivors in high rank tend to be spiteful

  • I agree with OP. There's often a bit of salt after a match, but that's mostly due to competitive stress or just trash talk. Once tempers cool down I find most of the people I play with to be pretty decent folk. I play in EU PS4

  • I have played both well this game and Overwatch. Both are toxic in their own way.

    Overwatch, i get hateful comments, minimum death threats, messages to tell me stay in my class, messages saying that i can't even do that right, picking the main i use to spite me, petty arguments, getting told "oh typical _____ main " and etc.

    DBD, i get more than Overwatch death threats- a lot more, tell me i suck-dumb not good at playing, tell me how to play(git gud)

    DBD is way better than Overwatch by how toxic it is, only because Overwatch has voice comms in-game so most of it is during games. DBD is messages and usually you don't hear them. I would love DBD to have Mic, but Overwatch is more toxic because of that too. "Do you have a mic?" If you do you instantly have a bond with them. If they mess up, the other person with the mic won't see the mistake.... I'm ranting about another game in DBD. Haha 'Mercy Main' so i hear a lot of stuff.

  • I know there is basically not that much toxicity compared to other games. Heard from Puppers that LoL is actually the major league in toxicity, so glad I never got in touch with that.

    From my experience, the forum is A LOT nicer than the post game chat and what you described is actually fitting to the forum. But basically the post game chat is pretty basic "I lost meeeh" sh*t talk rather than really personal insults. But I could start raging everytime I see a "#########" or equal stuff. Poorly, the human brain (and I think other races as well) remember negative experiences way better than positive. So if 1 of 10 games have a "#########" it feels like a 50:50 and that makes me sad sometimes.

    Depending on how often you play, you get such a post game chat every 2-3 days. That is not much regarding the percentage, but you get remembered often enough to get a bit sensible to negative feedback, even if not justified. You sometimes need a bit of leather skin to ignore the semi toxicity that is more regular.

  • I mean every game that has multiplier is gonna be toxic, whether it's about what you are using or how you failed to be a good teammate, there is always gonna be toxic behavior

  • This is the worst I've played. I'm on ps4 and mostly a killer main. The toxicity is horrible. It's worse than GTA 5 and they got comms...

  • (Xbox Gameplay)

    Here’s what we get as a killer:

    I killed a survivor, I did not tunnel, he literally flash-lighted me every time I hooked his teammate and proceeded to attempt an unhook in front of me after flash lighting. The entire rest of the match, he is blowing up my inbox.

    Messages: “Trash” “🤡” “😂” “💀💀💀” etc.

    Kill another survivor: They react the same.

    I get a 4K and my inbox is being blown up.

    This happens in nearly every other game on Xbox.

    Here’s what we get as a survivor:

    Killer tunnels 1-2 survivors at the start, no gens are done. Killer injures the last two, lets them finish gens, kills them at gate.

    OR

    Killer slugs everyone, drags out the game or kills 3 people and literally trolls the 4th survivor although that survivor may have given up.


    I see it every day I play. You will have your less toxic matches and then your insanely toxic matches. But every now and then you can actually get a match where the killer acts funny, or is acting really scary but not trolling and letting the survivors play when they realize they’re better.

  • Toxicity in dbd is mostly in green and purple ranks. They might be competitive but they aren't as good at the game as they think they are. Red ranks is like so good, you get a tunneler or camper here and there but in red ranks everyone understands what they did wrong and don't talk shiz.

  • I have never played another game where the community literally takes their time to insult you constantly... win or lose.

    I'm on PS4 and finally had to block messages and friend request cuz it got so bad once I hit red ranks on both sides. I would even receive messages from salty survivors when I played solo because they didn't like how I played or didn't rescue them from a killer who's camping with NOED, ETC

  • I play on Xbox and yeah,from the amount of complaining on both sides to the amount of salty and whiny messages after a match, this is the most toxic community I've been apart of.

    A lot of it seems to come from balancing and issues with the game itself, not people just being jerks though. Based on what I see from higher ranks, I don't think I care to go much higher than 10.

  • Most likely every ranked gamemode is, but dbd is fully ranked mode

  • Yea,mostly survivors

    Hell today I had a fog whisper telling me I was trash. when even fog whispers are toxic there is a problem

    We should all just try to show a good example

  • Most players are, not all but most. Just had a match where I got chewed out by a swf for HAVING to camp and tunnel after being afk for a few minutes. It's disgusting to see this behavior from players because it can easily turn away newcomers.

  • From my experience the Toxic players far outnumber the non-toxic. and it's damn near always from survivors, and mostly from very toxic SWF's

  • Its pretty toxic in my opinion. I'd say even as far as online games go.

  • @HauntedMandalorian said:

    Dead by Daylight is the reason why I've switched my messaging to "Friends Only" on PlayStation.

    I haven't had a positive and friendly discussion regarding the game since the very first night I played. That was a flash in the pan. Everything, other than that night, has just been negative and toxic. Never from the Killer, always from other Survivors, whether I was playing as Killer or a Survivor.

    I might turn it back on sometime soon and see how it is, but as of now... no way.

    Yeah, this. I’ll occasionally turn myself back public but it’s too toxic and mind numbingly painful to keep it that way for long. I’ve had 2 positive good game messages sent to me and 1 legit compliment on my killer game.

    At the very least the ps4 community sucks. My friend and I use to collect hate messages and exchange them over lunch. Pathetic people who can’t take a loss.

  • @HauntedMandalorian said:

    Dead by Daylight is the reason why I've switched my messaging to "Friends Only" on PlayStation.

    I haven't had a positive and friendly discussion regarding the game since the very first night I played. That was a flash in the pan. Everything, other than that night, has just been negative and toxic. Never from the Killer, always from other Survivors, whether I was playing as Killer or a Survivor.

    I might turn it back on sometime soon and see how it is, but as of now... no way.

    I mean no offense but I've been playing on PS4 for over a year now and I've only ever gotten one negative comment and it was just the typical "reported", everyone else just says thanks or gg or most often, nothing. Makes me wonder what youd have to do to get bad messages so consistently you'd have to turn off messages altogether

    I don't think there are more toxic people in the playerbase than non toxic, I just feel like the toxic people stick out more and are for more memorable in a game than the average player and they are a lot more vocal than the non toxic part of the playerbase

  • The toxicity is part of why I posted this earlier today:

    @TWiXT said:

    Due to the new Silent Hill Chapter release, we are getting an influx of new players, and so I must say:

    First of All Welcome to Dead by Daylight, and I hope you are all having fun so far.

    That being said, you are likely to see a whole lot of forum posts, and/or chat messages citing "Made up Rules" Killers and Survivors should follow. Most, if not all of these are based on individual experiences, and are heavily biased for what ever side the posting member plays, so before you comment or "side" with anyone, here is a list of unbiased "rules" that I believe everyone can get behind as a foundation to enjoying the game:

    1 - Play how you want to play and enjoy the game.

    2 - Respect is akin to Newtons 3rd law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Ergo, if you show no respect, don't expect any.

    3 - The Killers role is to kill, the Survivors is to survive... Both by any means necessary. Hate the game, not the player.

    4 - When the gates are powered... Anything goes.

    5 - You paid money for a multiplayer experience, and thus aren't entitled to win every match. Anyone who takes umbrage to this should stick to single-player games where-in you are entitled to win for the money you paid. Being salty because of a lost match is unbecoming, embarrassingly juvenile, and toxic to the communities reputation. We're all people pitting our skills, strategies, and knowledge against each-other. If you lose and have nothing good to say: Leave a "gg," calm down/lick your wounds, and move onto the next match.

    6 - (For PC players anyways) Post game chat can be closed using the ">>" in the lower right of the chat box, and will remain closed until you either open it again or restart the game. No one deserves abuse, so if you find yourself frustrated over excessive endgame chat toxicity: Just close it, and continue enjoying the game in peace.

    7 - This is a 4v1 Lobby and Match style Multiplayer game. When you queue up to play a match you are committing to seeing it through so that everyone can enjoy the game, and everyone else who queued up is depending on your commitment to the match in order to experience said enjoyment. The acceptable reasons for Intentionally Disconnecting from a match are as follows:

    1. A Game breaking bug rendering you incapable of playing a normal match.
    2. A Player(s) taking the game hostage/hacking/exploiting bugs or unintentional game mechanics/bullying or griefing you. (Report these ones after leaving the match)
    3. Influences and situations outside of the game that make your disconnection unavoidable in order to deal with said circumstances.

    Disconnecting from a match intentionally for any other reason is a practice in bad sportsmanship that Ruins the experience for all other players, Disconnecting over petty reasons doesn't do anything other than piss off everyone else, and makes you a worse player for it since you don't learn how to play any better by quitting. Disconnecting is currently being punished for a good reason: Too many DC's from too many players results in leaving the community as a whole with a sour experience, and could eventually kill the game we love. If you are frustrated with how a match is going; Take it in stride as a learning experience, see it through to the end, take a break, and decide if you want to queue up for another match. We all bought this game in order to play it with others despite how each match goes, and the majority of the fun this game offers is in the variation of each individual match.

    Don't be a petty DC'er.

    8 - For survivors, Rage quitting via suicide on the hook is your choice, but as with rule 7, all it does is ruin the experience for the rest of your team, and piss everyone off. While it's not currently being punished, it's still regarded by the community as a show of bad sportsmanship. If you don't at least try to play through until the end, regardless of the results, you are only hurting the experience for all other players both new and old, but it's with the new players where this hurts the game the most.

    Bad matches happen, we understand, but that's no reason throw a game, especially over petty reasoning. Matches can turn around at the drop of a hat as long as everyone's still playing, and often do, but you won't experience that if you RQ on the hook, and by doing so you drastically affect the teams ability to pull off said "turn around". On top of this, it does nothing for your personal skill growth as a player, or your Blood Point/Experience gains, so there's not really any reason to do it other than petty ones.

    9 - If it's a legal mechanic in the game, don't be afraid to use it. Half the fun is discovering new strategies, counters, and synergies using the tools the game provides, so no matter how effective or overpowered you feel they are, there's nothing wrong with using them to your advantage.

    10 - Take the good with the bad in stride, rise to meet the challenge every new match presents, and overall... have fun.

    Honestly, this is just a list of Common Sense spelled out for everyone to see. The inherent problem of "unwritten" or "Made up rules" is that they're more of guidelines that nobody is obligated to follow. I know it won't change everyone, but I felt if I expressed the rules I follow when playing this game for all to see, maybe others might have them in mind when playing, whether they use them or not.

    To all you new players, again Welcome to DbD, and if you are going to follow any "Made up Rules", I believe this is a good set to start off with.

    It's a list of common sense rules that new players should read, but I feel many old player can stand behind as well. We're all playing this game to have fun and challenge ourselves against other players so there's no reason to be toxic over a loss.

  • I play on PC and most toxic game has been LoL by miles. CSGO also had quite toxic player base. DBD has also its share of toxic players but it isn't nothing compared to LoL or CSGO.

  • PS4 definitely has way more toxic people in general. Every game I played on there had a majority of idiots blaming the team or something like that over voice chat while ironically doing nothing to help the team.

  • I'd say it's 50/50. I usually get gg's, and I've had some very friendly discussions as both survivor & killer. However, I've been cussed out many times too. Either by a fellow survivor or as killer. Much more frequently as killer though. But hey, sometimes I'll even have survivors come to my defense when I start getting cussed out, lol.

    This game attracts a wide variety of people from what I've seen, so it's just a mixed bunch.

  • I think i'm 20hrs in as a killer on PC so I can't really comment on end game chat, all I can say is I havn't had any bad messages so far..

    When I first started dbd on ps4, the messages I got were complete ######### lol...i forgot when, but I finally broke and changed my settings to friends only. Ppl will send you crap for several days. Ppl will message spam you while you are in a match. Ppl will comment on other games you play about how you should #########...it's freaking ridiculous 😂😂😂

  • Yes, but 95% of the toxic ones are survivor mains