Is the Plague gonna be looked?

@Peanits you said once that you are still monitoring Plague’s state. What are your thoughts about her?

Comments

  • The only things I think they should do are add some penalty for being fully sick that isn't a debuff and add a counter to show how many fountains are clean/corrupt (so it would show as 3/5 for example).

  • base plague is fine imo, her add ons, like for so many players, intentionally, ruin the balance though.

    But that is just a problem with this game as a whole.

  • Something that lets Survivors want to cleanse (action Speed Debuff for example or Dying State when not cleansing for a period of time), but does not force to cleanse immediatly

    +

    Nerf of this Absurd strong Corrupt Purge

    =

    Survivors will actually cleanse and Plague can get her Corrupt Purge, so she might not be one of the most boring Killers anymore.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    base plague is fine imo, her add ons, like for so many players, intentionally, ruin the balance though.

    But that is just a problem with this game as a whole.

    Add-ons? What’s wrong with her add-ons?

  • Insta end sickness state so you can just be one shot, add ons always, fundamentally, skew balance.

  • I don't wanna a buff to Plague while they don't buff my bots (teammates)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Something that lets Survivors want to cleanse (action Speed Debuff for example or Dying State when not cleansing for a period of time), but does not force to cleanse immediatly

    +

    Nerf of this Absurd strong Corrupt Purge

    =

    Survivors will actually cleanse and Plague can get her Corrupt Purge, so she might not be one of the most boring Killers anymore.

    Lol, I always cleanse in a far corner of the map so she cannot claim her corruption. If everyone chooses right fountain to cleanse - she’ll most likely fail.

    And her Corrupt Purge is overrated, you can just hide for corruption being expired or just gen rush her when she is running for fountain.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940127#Comment_940127

    Insta end sickness state so you can just be one shot, add ons always, fundamentally, skew balance.

    Okay......

  • If you disagree just provide some arguments.

    But its honestly not something that can be debated, the devs balance the killers either around having add ons (meaning without them they are too weak) or around NOT having add ons (meaning with them they are too strong).

    Add ons are meant to give you an unfair advantage, they are meant to skew the fight in your favor, which would be ok for a rare game because the add on is super rare or something yet somehow you always run into killers running them.....

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940107#Comment_940107

    Lol, I always cleanse in a far corner of the map so she cannot claim her corruption. If everyone chooses right fountain to cleanse - she’ll most likely fail.

    And her Corrupt Purge is overrated, you can just hide for corruption being expired or just gen rush her when she is running for fountain.

    at the same time you are creating a scenario that just means the survivors are spending/wasting time, giving the killer oppertunity to get kills.

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940107#Comment_940107

    Lol, I always cleanse in a far corner of the map so she cannot claim her corruption. If everyone chooses right fountain to cleanse - she’ll most likely fail.

    And her Corrupt Purge is overrated, you can just hide for corruption being expired or just gen rush her when she is running for fountain.

    Eh, hiding is not really an option which resolves around the concept of a Multiplayer game.

    First of all, her Corrupt Purge is not really overrated, otherwise people would not prefer to run around as Oneshots the whole time, while not being able to be stealthy.

    Second, as Survivor, it is not really something you want to do - hide for a full minute. And as Plague, I cannot imagine it being fun at all, when once I got Corrupt Purge, I have exactly nothing to do, because everyone is hiding. You also gain nothing at this point, because no ressources on the Survivor side are being used.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940089#Comment_940089

    There’s plenty of penalty.

    They’re one hit, can’t hide, and spread infection to others that aren’t infected.

    The whole “she can be looped” argument is nonsense because a decent Plague won’t fall for those kinds of shenanigans. Bide time, create pallet dead zones, abandon time wasting chases. It’s pretty easy to down the over confident ones on/around gens.

    She has no map pressure though. Survivors don't cleanse and then her power does nothing to slow them down.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940229#Comment_940229

    She has no map pressure though. Survivors don't cleanse and then her power does nothing to slow them down.

    no but it gives her an infinite Tier 3 myers status that should be a slight bit of an issue....

  • I think she's fine the way she is. I started to see much more survivors cleansing against Plague even in red ranks, the matches where everyone just stays broken are not as common anymore, especially with the new combo between Play With Your Food and Nemesis which really incentivizes cleansing agaisnt Plague. Honestly, I think she's the 5th best killer right now ( especially because of the new combo I mentioned ).

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940251#Comment_940251

    no but it gives her an infinite Tier 3 myers status that should be a slight bit of an issue....

    Note that Tier 3 Myers also has increased lunge and can vault noticeably faster.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940253#Comment_940253

    Note that Tier 3 Myers also has increased lunge and can vault noticeably faster.

    + Myers is way more sexy.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940253#Comment_940253

    Note that Tier 3 Myers also has increased lunge and can vault noticeably faster.

    well yeah, it better have those to balance it out a bit.

    Myers takes time to stalk, it does not take time to vomit on someone and then just M1ing them down. thats the trade off, thats the balance.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940269#Comment_940269

    well yeah, it better have those to balance it out a bit.

    Myers takes time to stalk, it does not take time to vomit on someone and then just M1ing them down. thats the trade off, thats the balance.

    The point is that saying "it gives her infinite Tier 3 Myers" is not accurate because Tier 3 Myers has benefits that a Plague facing Survivors who refuse to cleanse does not have.

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    @Peanits you said once that you are still monitoring Plague’s state. What are your thoughts about her?

    I think plague is fine, all what she needs is small change and she's at huntress level or even better.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/114903/is-the-plague-gonna-be-looked

    I hope they leave her alone.

    She’s perfectly fine.

    Plague played well ALWAYS incentivises survivors to end up cleansing when they realise she’s still a complete menace even without Corruption.

    Some people understimate plague's power only because it's not at nurse's one, and this is a problem.

    Cause having 1 shot all survivors with 0 stealth (they make noise while they are sick) is just awesome.

    If they dont cleanse they are 1 shot and if they cleanse plague is a machine gun, all what she is need is some small changes

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940269#Comment_940269

    well yeah, it better have those to balance it out a bit.

    Myers takes time to stalk, it does not take time to vomit on someone and then just M1ing them down. thats the trade off, thats the balance.

    Vomit can be dodged and LOS'd. Stalking can only be LOS'd. I can tell from the way you talk that A. You have never played Plague to begin with and B. You know nothing about balance. This I'd just another baseless whine post. The plague is fine, but some of her "increased vile purge effectiveness" addons may be overtuned.

    You people won't rest until every killer is a loopable bot. Good luck keeping the game populated with killers if everyone gets nerfed into the ground.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940380#Comment_940380

    Vomit can be dodged and LOS'd. Stalking can only be LOS'd. I can tell from the way you talk that A. You have never played Plague to begin with and B. You know nothing about balance. This I'd just another baseless whine post. The plague is fine, but some of her "increased vile purge effectiveness" addons may be overtuned.

    You people won't rest until every killer is a loopable bot. Good luck keeping the game populated with killers if everyone gets nerfed into the ground.

    ermmm ok wow.... I never said the plague needed work.... come on man, if you are going to throw out wild accusation atleast read a bit into what a person has said.

    And yeah, I play plague enough just fine, have not prestiged her yet but she is atleast level 50.

    Honestly idk how your mind works with this response.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940380#Comment_940380

    Vomit can be dodged and LOS'd. Stalking can only be LOS'd. I can tell from the way you talk that A. You have never played Plague to begin with and B. You know nothing about balance. This I'd just another baseless whine post. The plague is fine, but some of her "increased vile purge effectiveness" addons may be overtuned.

    You people won't rest until every killer is a loopable bot. Good luck keeping the game populated with killers if everyone gets nerfed into the ground.

    ermmm ok wow, I never said the plague needed work, if you are going to throw out wild accusations like that ATLEAST do some research towards what the one you are attacking has said.... come on.

    And I play plague enough just fine thank you very much, now let me add an empty insult/statement and say maybe you should play her sometime or some childish nonsense like that.

    I know plenty about balance, I think you however need to work on your reading comprehension because you royally misinterpreted what I wrote there.

  • This isn't even a discussion relating to how strong or weak she is.

    The reason she needs to be worked on is because she simply doesn't function as intended.

    Survivors don't cleanse and she never gets to even use her power so she just walks around M1'ing people. This isn't just not fun, but it also hinders her point gains in deviousness.

    This is a flaw in her functionality that needs fixing. Survivors should be cleansing and she should be able to use her power throughout the game.


    Lastly, I don't think her Corrupt Purge needs any nerfing. I'm not saying it isn't strong, but I am saying a lot of people highly over exaggerate its strength. It already has a very high cost. It requires a survivor to give it to you, you have to walk over and pick it up which means you aren't getting it mid chase, you waste the time going to get it and then find someone afterwards which adds up a lot and lastly, it gives a visual queue and a map wide warning that you have it now.

    Smart survivors can very easily wait it out and the vomit can even be dodged with its delayed projectile speed around corners. It only feel crazy strong if you get caught out in an open field, but in that scenario so is many other killers like a Billy chainsaw.

    There needs to be more reasons to cleanse and the Corrupt Purge does not need a nerf.

  • @Blueberry said:

    This isn't even a discussion relating to how strong or weak she is.

    The reason she needs to be worked on is because she simply doesn't function as intended.

    Survivors don't cleanse and she never gets to even use her power so she just walks around M1'ing people. This isn't just not fun, but it also hinders her point gains in deviousness.

    This is a flaw in her functionality that needs fixing. Survivors should be cleansing and she should be able to use her power throughout the game.

    Lastly, I don't think her Corrupt Purge needs any nerfing. I'm not saying it isn't strong, but I am saying a lot of people highly over exaggerate its strength. It already has a very high cost. It requires a survivor to give it to you, you have to walk over and pick it up which means you aren't getting it mid chase, you waste the time going to get it and then find someone afterwards which adds up a lot and lastly, it gives a visual queue and a map wide warning that you have it now.

    Smart survivors can very easily wait it out and the vomit can even be dodged with its delayed projectile speed around corners. It only feel crazy strong if you get caught out in an open field, but in that scenario so is many other killers like a Billy chainsaw.

    There needs to be more reasons to cleanse and the Corrupt Purge does not need a nerf.

    I just dont agree, survivors dont cleance, ok, that is then their risk, now if you m1 them you slug them instandly, ez kills.

    I just vomit on someone and then go just M1 mode, they will reach stage insta down soon enough and others helping them also get sick so more insta down for me.

    And survivors that can easily wait out corrupt purge can easily wait out any killer all the time, thats not an argument, stealth is a tactic and it can be very effective as long as all survivors are in on it and play very carefully.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940408#Comment_940408

    I just dont agree, survivors dont cleance, ok, that is then their risk, now if you m1 them you slug them instandly, ez kills.

    I just vomit on someone and then go just M1 mode, they will reach stage insta down soon enough and others helping them also get sick so more insta down for me.

    And survivors that can easily wait out corrupt purge can easily wait out any killer all the time, thats not an argument, stealth is a tactic and it can be very effective as long as all survivors are in on it and play very carefully.

    "I just dont agree, survivors dont cleance, ok, that is then their risk, now if you m1 them you slug them instandly, ez kills."

    You are missing my point entirely.

    My point has nothing to do with how strong M1'ing survivors that stay injured is.

    My point is that she is not getting to use her power makes her not as fun and that she isn't able to function as intended because of not getting to use her power.

    "I just vomit on someone and then go just M1 mode, they will reach stage insta down soon enough and others helping them also get sick so more insta down for me."

    After the first infection of each survivor they are never cleansing so you will never be getting to use her power again.

    "And survivors that can easily wait out corrupt purge can easily wait out any killer all the time, thats not an argument, stealth is a tactic and it can be very effective as long as all survivors are in on it and play very carefully."

    Just because waiting it out is a strategy that happens to work against multiple killers doesn't mean it's not an argument. It WORKS. Whether or not it works for other killers as well is irrelevant.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940419#Comment_940419

    "I just dont agree, survivors dont cleance, ok, that is then their risk, now if you m1 them you slug them instandly, ez kills."

    You are missing my point entirely.

    My point has nothing to do with how strong M1'ing survivors that stay injured is.

    My point is that she is not getting to use her power makes her not as fun and that she isn't able to function as intended because of not getting to use her power.

    "I just vomit on someone and then go just M1 mode, they will reach stage insta down soon enough and others helping them also get sick so more insta down for me."

    After the first infection of each survivor they are never cleansing so you will never be getting to use her power again.

    "And survivors that can easily wait out corrupt purge can easily wait out any killer all the time, thats not an argument, stealth is a tactic and it can be very effective as long as all survivors are in on it and play very carefully."

    Just because waiting it out is a strategy that happens to work against multiple killers doesn't mean it's not an argument. It WORKS. Whether or not it works for other killers as well is irrelevant.

    last point first:

    It working on every killer IS relevant, it speaks as a function of the game as a whole, this has nothing to do with plague so you cant mention it as some argument against her.

    For the rest: ok so basically you want a reason to keep vomitting on things or people, ok ok, I cant dig that, we could make it so that vomitting on a gen prevents survivors form touching it if they are already at max sickness, we could make it so that vomitting on a max sickness survivor slows them down a bit, like the clown for example.

    There are definitly options there, I mean, personally I dont care, I dont need to go around the map vomitting on everything, but im not against it either.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940438#Comment_940438

    last point first:

    It working on every killer IS relevant, it speaks as a function of the game as a whole, this has nothing to do with plague so you cant mention it as some argument against her.

    For the rest: ok so basically you want a reason to keep vomitting on things or people, ok ok, I cant dig that, we could make it so that vomitting on a gen prevents survivors form touching it if they are already at max sickness, we could make it so that vomitting on a max sickness survivor slows them down a bit, like the clown for example.

    There are definitly options there, I mean, personally I dont care, I dont need to go around the map vomitting on everything, but im not against it either.

    "It working on every killer IS relevant, it speaks as a function of the game as a whole, this has nothing to do with plague so you cant mention it as some argument against her."

    That does not make any sense.

    If a counter to a killer works, that is all that matters because it works. Whether it works against multiple killers is irrelevant. If you think otherwise then please elaborate as to why.

    "For the rest: ok so basically you want a reason to keep vomitting on things or people, ok ok, I cant dig that, we could make it so that vomitting on a gen prevents survivors form touching it if they are already at max sickness, we could make it so that vomitting on a max sickness survivor slows them down a bit, like the clown for example.

    There are definitly options there, I mean, personally I dont care, I dont need to go around the map vomitting on everything, but im not against it either."

    Now this would be another fine idea that could work.

    I'm just wanting something that would allow her to be able to keep using her power throughout the game.

  • @Blueberry said:

    This isn't even a discussion relating to how strong or weak she is.

    The reason she needs to be worked on is because she simply doesn't function as intended.

    Survivors don't cleanse and she never gets to even use her power so she just walks around M1'ing people. This isn't just not fun, but it also hinders her point gains in deviousness.

    This is a flaw in her functionality that needs fixing. Survivors should be cleansing and she should be able to use her power throughout the game.

    Lastly, I don't think her Corrupt Purge needs any nerfing. I'm not saying it isn't strong, but I am saying a lot of people highly over exaggerate its strength. It already has a very high cost. It requires a survivor to give it to you, you have to walk over and pick it up which means you aren't getting it mid chase, you waste the time going to get it and then find someone afterwards which adds up a lot and lastly, it gives a visual queue and a map wide warning that you have it now.

    Smart survivors can very easily wait it out and the vomit can even be dodged with its delayed projectile speed around corners. It only feel crazy strong if you get caught out in an open field, but in that scenario so is many other killers like a Billy chainsaw.

    There needs to be more reasons to cleanse and the Corrupt Purge does not need a nerf.

    It is fine how it is.

    Cause adding more reasons to cleanse would make plague overpowered.

    It would be a or clenase and give her a machine gun or be one shot with a lot of downsides.

    That would be overpowered

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940446#Comment_940446

    "It working on every killer IS relevant, it speaks as a function of the game as a whole, this has nothing to do with plague so you cant mention it as some argument against her."

    That does not make any sense.

    If a counter to a killer works, that is all that matters because it works. Whether it works against multiple killers is irrelevant. If you think otherwise then please elaborate as to why.

    "For the rest: ok so basically you want a reason to keep vomitting on things or people, ok ok, I cant dig that, we could make it so that vomitting on a gen prevents survivors form touching it if they are already at max sickness, we could make it so that vomitting on a max sickness survivor slows them down a bit, like the clown for example.

    There are definitly options there, I mean, personally I dont care, I dont need to go around the map vomitting on everything, but im not against it either."

    Now this would be another fine idea that could work.

    I'm just wanting something that would allow her to be able to keep using her power throughout the game.

    Ok ermm we are talking about the plague and you mention how Corrupt Purge is beaten by stealth, ok, yes, Stealth is a valid strat, it can also be beaten by skiller survivors looping well.

    That does not point towards a specific fix that is needed for her.

    Its like saying Myers gets blinded by flashlight so we need to adress that.

    Every killer can be blinded, every killer can be stealthed, that is just a valid strat for survivors and if done well, very effective, that however does not point towards The Plague needing any work. (not to mention if you are sick you tend to make quite a bit of noise)

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940453#Comment_940453

    Ok ermm we are talking about the plague and you mention how Corrupt Purge is beaten by stealth, ok, yes, Stealth is a valid strat, it can also be beaten by skiller survivors looping well.

    That does not point towards a specific fix that is needed for her.

    Its like saying Myers gets blinded by flashlight so we need to adress that.

    Every killer can be blinded, every killer can be stealthed, that is just a valid strat for survivors and if done well, very effective, that however does not point towards The Plague needing any work. (not to mention if you are sick you tend to make quite a bit of noise)

    Stealth and looping are counters, blinding a killer with a flashlight is not a counter to them.

    The two things you are equating are not equivalent.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940446#Comment_940446

    "It working on every killer IS relevant, it speaks as a function of the game as a whole, this has nothing to do with plague so you cant mention it as some argument against her."

    That does not make any sense.

    If a counter to a killer works, that is all that matters because it works. Whether it works against multiple killers is irrelevant. If you think otherwise then please elaborate as to why.

    "For the rest: ok so basically you want a reason to keep vomitting on things or people, ok ok, I cant dig that, we could make it so that vomitting on a gen prevents survivors form touching it if they are already at max sickness, we could make it so that vomitting on a max sickness survivor slows them down a bit, like the clown for example.

    There are definitly options there, I mean, personally I dont care, I dont need to go around the map vomitting on everything, but im not against it either."

    Now this would be another fine idea that could work.

    I'm just wanting something that would allow her to be able to keep using her power throughout the game.

    You beat it by stealth yes, but that means 0 gens will get pop which most likely will benefit plague and giving she more time to kick all gens and regressing them 0 which adds a lot of map pressure.

  • @laurelstroodle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940453#Comment_940453

    You beat it by stealth yes, but that means 0 gens will get pop which most likely will benefit plague and giving she more time to kick all gens and regressing them 0 which adds a lot of map pressure.

    You over exaggerate the regression speed and under represent the time it takes to cross the map and keep checking all gens in this scenario. Her Corrupt Purge is also ticking down this whole time.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940493#Comment_940493

    You over exaggerate the regression speed and under represent the time it takes to cross the map and keep checking all gens in this scenario. Her Corrupt Purge is also ticking down this whole time.

    I think I over exaggerated it, but you can at least kick 4 or 5 gens while you're power is still active.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940490#Comment_940490

    Stealth and looping are counters, blinding a killer with a flashlight is not a counter to them.

    The two things you are equating are not equivalent.

    ok I still have not made myself clear.

    Stealth is a function of the game.

    Looping is a function of the game

    Using a flashlight is a function of the game

    If a killer gets "beaten" by those, that does not mean the killer perse needs work. saying stealth works against the Plague is... well, not an argument, Stealth works against all killers in the game, its meant to be a valid strat for survivors to employ.

    So to say the Plague needs a buff because she suffers from potentially being stealthed is just odd.

  • @laurelstroodle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940494#Comment_940494

    I think I over exaggerated it, but you can at least kick 4 or 5 gens while you're power is still active.

    The kicks don't matter if as soon as you turn your back they jump right back on it.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940492#Comment_940492

    ok I still have not made myself clear.

    Stealth is a function of the game.

    Looping is a function of the game

    Using a flashlight is a function of the game

    If a killer gets "beaten" by those, that does not mean the killer perse needs work. saying stealth works against the Plague is... well, not an argument, Stealth works against all killers in the game, its meant to be a valid strat for survivors to employ.

    So to say the Plague needs a buff because she suffers from potentially being stealthed is just odd.

    Just because all 3 are functions of the game does not make them synonymous.

    All killers can be flashlight blinded, not all killers can be looped or stealthed.

    When looping or stealth does work it can counter a killer. When a killer gets blinded, that is not countering them. No killer gets beaten because of flashlight blinds but killers can be beaten from the other 2.

    "Stealth works against all killers in the game"

    It does not. IE Doctor as one example.

    "So to say the Plague needs a buff because she suffers from potentially being stealthed is just odd."

    This is also not what I am saying at all. You misunderstand.

  • I feel like some of the people making comments about Plague haven't really even played her.

    Playing "stealthy" is the "counter" to most killers. This also means you're not doing anything. The issue I have with Plague is yes, being broken at full sickness makes it easier to down someone, but she's also so freakin' tall that people are generally able to just loop her anyways. Even if she has corrupt purge, you can just throw a pallet on her, and then she loses the power. She definitely needs some changing.

    Also, the way to not even get sick is loop areas that're tight with obstacles blocking her from even getting you sick in the first place. I love Plague, when I first got this game I saw her and said "yes, I want to puke on people." But the unfortunate side is, she's not exactly that strong of a killer unless people cleanse. And most of the time people are cleansing on the opposite side of the map. So you'd have to walk there, walk back. By the time you get back the other gens would most likely be popped.

  • I highly doubt they will nerf plague, though I could see them touching her black incense. Perma wall hacks vs 1 shot survivors is so DIRTY. Like Scratch Mirror Myers with zero drawbacks. Otherwise I'd say her addons and kit are balanced. Plague has no early game pressure, so if survivors play safe and split up, she will struggle absolutely.

  • And what about instead of focusing on mid-tier Killers, they could focus on some low-tier boiz, like poor Legion, Bubba or Clown...

  • Going to be nerfed any day now. And then supposedly they will buff all killers after buffing survivors to SWF levels. But gotta nerf them before then. For survivor fun.

  • I like plague where she's at, except for when I get smart players that actually cleanse. Everyone acts like her corrupt purge is OP, but all it does is turn her into a shorter range Huntress, but not cleansing turns her into unlimited T3 Meyers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940383#Comment_940383

    True.

    Survivors can hide against a T3 Myers.

    Sick & Broken survivors cannot hide against Plague. It’s not happening.

    Dead Rabbit + Infectious Fright :P

  • If they reworked some of the add-ons to give additional effects to sick survivors, like blindness, it could scare survivors into cleansing.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940408#Comment_940408

    I do agree that Corrupt Purge isn’t a free win.

    A Plague needs to be smart about Corrupt Pool management, and there are only 2 optimal times to use them.

    If a chase takes you within 16m to 8m, it is always worth Plagues time for the slight deviation to activate the pool and then resume the chase.

    Second instance, is to actually take advantage of (bank on) getting the survivors to waste 60 seconds hiding. I.e. knowing survivors will probably hide, exploit that to resume/regain control of some gens.

    However I disagree about your claim that her power is NOT working as intended. Her power is designed around there being an equal amount of pros and cons whether survivors do cleanse or do not cleanse. Ok, if survivors are stubborn and don’t cleanse the only further devious gain is when she manages to down broken survivors (no point infecting any objects if everyone is already sick), but I also stand by my view that a Plague going against survivors that aren’t cleansing simply isn’t playing her smart enough either. If all survivors are infected extremely early in the match, passively becoming broken well before mid game, and Plague manages to catch them out with insta downs in loads of pallet dead zones before the survivors make any significant progress on the remaining gens, they always give in and start cleansing at the pools at the outer edge of the map. Once the survivors are infected AGAIN she gains even more map control because the survivors remaining cleansing options are also near Plague and the gens she’s stubbornly guarding.

    The thing is that I don't think the devs would ever intend for a Killer to stop using their power because it doesn't do anything. I don't think "Oh, my power has stopped doing anything, so I'm not going to use it anymore" would be considered a well-designed power.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941075#Comment_941075

    Plague can track broken survivors at base, and Plague can use Infectious Fright much more effectively because it will be impossible for a revealed infected survivor that flees to even juke Plague pursuing them.

    I am thoroughly unconvinced a Survivor hit by Infectious Fright would stand a better chance against T3 Myers than Plague while broken.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941094#Comment_941094

    But she hasn’t stopped using her power. It just becomes passive.

    Survivors are choosing to give plague the power to insta down them (which does still give devious point gain), and the power to track them anywhere. That’s still a power, albeit a passive one. Fully infected survivors cannot hide from a Plague that knows what they’re doing, and chooses appropriate perks to still exploit that further if foregoing Infectious Fright and/or Dark Devotion.

    That's exactly my point. I highly doubt the devs intended for the power to just become a completely passive ability that gives the Plague no additional interaction. The power just stops being something for the Plague to do and instead just becomes something that simply is.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941127#Comment_941127

    Agree to disagree then.

    I think it’s exactly as the devs intended, and as far as I’m concerned she’s the most cleverly well thought out killer to date (I didn’t feel this way in the beginning. It took a huge time investment to appreciate the nuances of Plague, and how cleverly her 3 teachables compliment her greatly.)

    Taking a non cleansing group scenario into account, Plague is now free to focus on simply outplaying/outsmarting the survivors for the downs. Once the downs start occurring more frequently than the survivors are comfortable with, they cleanse. They always do, no matter how stubborn those survivors previously were.

    I don't believe the devs intended for Plague to become a glorified M1 Killer. I don't believe the Survivors being perpetually exposed by choice makes the gameplay more interesting. I think it just takes away from the gameplay depth because the gameplay now is stuck in "Can I M1 someone one time" vs. "How long can I avoid being M1'd one time". I don't think Plague has "nuance" vs. Survivors who choose not to cleanse.

    She's not Legion in terms of bad design, and I don't believe her issues are anywhere near unsolvable from a design standpoint, but I would put her pretty far down in terms of execution of concept.

  • Monitor == Stop asking

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940515#Comment_940515

    Lol.

    Sorry, but again this an example of either not understanding how to use Plague, or going against Plagues that don’t know what they’re doing.

    Firstly, if going against a time wasting survivor, that’s an expert at looping, still in the healthy state, managing to avoid direct VP, then infect the vaults and pallets, and FORCE the vault or drop, even if it means eating the stun. Break pallet, abandon chase, free injured state without even having to hit them.

    A Plague shouldn’t be wasting time with loopers because she cannot mind game (not even with her power because of the cool down she still experiences with cancelling her power). She needs to identify opportunities to catch survivors out with their guard down. Which is a reason why I highly recommend players should stick to using Dark Devotion and Infectious Fright. Broken survivors getting slugged, or getting caught out by a Plague sneaking up on them will get annoyed by it very quickly, and WILL cleanse.

    That's rather funny. I've reached red ranks solely playing Plague. Saying I don't have an understanding is an ignorant comment from your own opinion. But you have to be honest with the fact there are maps that make it incredibly difficult to get people sick. I'll puke on pallets, windows, lockers to get a survivor sick.

    But telling people that a Plague shouldn't waste time with loops or pallets they cannot mind game is the same advice you'd give any killer. Unfortunately like most tall killers, there's a lot of a areas that make it harder to mind game. All you have to do against a plague is go somewhere that makes it difficult to even use your power to get people sick. Most of the time Plague is only using half of her power the entire match or most of a match. Plague needs some changes and you can argue with it all you want, but it's true.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941369#Comment_941369

    I apologies then.

    However I still find it redundant that you tried to point out that a good looper can avoid VP be looping, when (as you’ve confirmed by climbing into red with her) the smart thing to do is to force those sorts of survivors to become infected passively via pallets or windows.

    My only main problem with her is people don't have a reason to cleanse against her. So you could bring add-ons to increase how quickly people become infected. Or iridescent seal with devotee's tablet. I don't like the idea of having to only use half of a killer's power and being forced to use add-ons to use the other part. That's my biggest issue with Plague. She can be better than what she already is

‹ 1 2