Hee hoo hold the heck up

So. Doctor is in a bad place because he has a high skill cap for a relatively low reward and passive which only really works once for guaranteed tracking.

So. They didn't do anything to help him in a chase...well....idk how the no stance changing thing is gonna work but....they put that passive on a 60 second cooldown. A non lethal skill on a sixty second cool down. From the leaked add ons it looks like your going to HAVE to run distressing and the terror radius increasing add ons to even hope to use it.

Unless it's a guarantee tier of madness up. But even still, 60 second cooldown. If it's going to have that long a cool down idk. Put them on a timer to snap out of it if they're in tier 3 or else take damage or get downed or something. 60 seconds is an entire evil within 3

Comments

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/931930#Comment_931930

    Assuming you've already taken the time to put multiple people into tier 2.

    People will probably learn to counter this by not grouping up with the added weakness of also being immune while in lockers.

    Iron Maiden may become a niche perk for him.

    Yes, but before his only stalling was basically on people who had JUST come off a hook. It only served in tunnelling really. Now he can let off a blast every minute and see how many people he hits to tier them all up. Not to mention once they've gone tier 2 once they're always 1 zap from 3, no more chasing with several time wasting zaps guessing when it will trigger.

    Discordance will be a great option for him, and Distressing is probably buffed on him.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/931986#Comment_931986

    Yes, but before his only stalling was basically on people who had JUST come off a hook. It only served in tunnelling really. Now he can let off a blast every minute and see how many people he hits to tier them all up. Not to mention once they've gone tier 2 once they're always 1 zap from 3, no more chasing with several time wasting zaps guessing when it will trigger.

    Discordance will be a great option for him, and Distressing is probably buffed on him.

    Before, on small maps and close 3 gens, he had some of the best and most oppressive stalling power in the game.

    I'm almost certain this is why his field was completely removed and the new ability given a very long cooldown.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930511#Comment_930511

    Isn't that a nerf though? Since you'll have to hope they're in your TR when you use it? In the past it was a tool to tell you that.

    Now you'll want to be confident they are or you'll be hit with a 60 second cooldown.

    Doctor needs to be better not weaker. We don't know everything yet but so far its not sounding like "omg doctor is so good/cool/more fun now."

    For survivors yeah he won't be as annoying but as him it seems like he got hit hard. (So far)

    Boy, just run Whispers

  • @Peanits

    Will the default shock cone be getting a change? As it sits now the base shock is awfully small and (while not forced) it is pretty close to mandatory for the 25% add-on to be used if shocking is your gameplan.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930623#Comment_930623

    Apparently I am hearing that they are slightly buffing his base shock range.

    Where? I am so hyped that I can't stay without info

  • @Peanits said:

    It is a guaranteed madness tier for Static Blast. The normal shocks remain unchanged, other than the fact that you no longer need to change modes to use it (moving at 4.4m/s in the process).

    Will doctor be still as annoying as he is now? With these super annoying noises in madness, flickering, screaming etc?

  • Like I said, I am only hearing (from other people). I didn't watch the stream, and this isn't something I am seeing confirmed by a dev on here, so I'm gonna wait to be certain on this.

  • If someone hasn't watched the doc stuff yet, here's a link to it:

    https://youtu.be/vde613ZMd88?t=4338


  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930511#Comment_930511

    Will doctor be still as annoying as he is now? With these super annoying noises in madness, flickering, screaming etc?

    It doesn't seem like it. It sounds like you don't scream because doc exists anymore but if you are hit by static blast or shock and teir up.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/932189#Comment_932189

    Like I said, I am only hearing (from other people). I didn't watch the stream, and this isn't something I am seeing confirmed by a dev on here, so I'm gonna wait to be certain on this.

    Ah ok

  • I'm looking forward to the change to doc. I understand that he's not the best killer but I struggle to play against him because his passive has no counter play you just have to accept that stealth isn't really possible. Maybe I'm just bad but that's how I feel.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/931225#Comment_931225

    Survivor "fun" means "escape without getting hooked once" these days and that's the direction everything's going

    @Eye66 said:

    "He was annoying to play against" as the motivation 100% tanks any confidence that the sechanges will be good for Doctor. He's my favorite original killer but this sounds like such a hard nerf, especially with that design philosophy. And 60 seconds is backbreaking. Even if it tests poorly in ptb there's no reason to believe they won't ignore the data and ship it like they did to Nurse. I want to believe in the devs again but they're working so hard to make sure I can't trust them

    Both of these comments are both unrealistically hopeless

  • Sounds like a nerf to me.

  • Or an indicator of the feelings killer mains have right now considering how nerf happy and making killers 'fun' (for survivors) has been lately.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/934603#Comment_934603

    Or an indicator of the feelings killer mains have right now considering how nerf happy and making killers 'fun' (for survivors) has been lately.

    That's how it feels like they've been treating us lately, most of the stuff BHVR has done lately feels like an all-out assault on people who have more fun with killer. If I wasn't committed to finishing the rift I'd have quit already

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930540#Comment_930540

    putting whispers on him could guarantee results. Anytime it turns on, you hit the button and find the person immediately.

    Unless they hop into a locker as soon as they hear a terror radius since good survivors will know Doctor has to go on a 1 minute cooldown as soon as he wastes his static blasts hoping to find you, of course.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930678#Comment_930678

    Unless they hop into a locker as soon as they hear a terror radius since good survivors will know Doctor has to go on a 1 minute cooldown as soon as he wastes his static blasts hoping to find you, of course.

    If they do, you know to start checking lockers, and Iron Maiden will yield similar results when a Survivor exits a locker. As someone who used to Main The Doctor before hitting Red Ranks, these changes are an overall buff to him, I can’t wait to P3 him and see how nasty I can get him with a few niche perks slapped on. I know Monto will give me some ideas during the PTB. ;)

  • @Peanits said:

    It is a guaranteed madness tier for Static Blast. The normal shocks remain unchanged, other than the fact that you no longer need to change modes to use it (moving at 4.4m/s in the process).

    Any chance instead of the extra widening on the shock you guys could narrow it instead and make it longer..? Docs base range is very poor even with stance swap gone it may still be an issue...

  • All due respect, I wouldn't call what Doc has now "tracking". It's more like "hey, they're over here!". In order for it to be tracking, it requires actual interaction.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930551#Comment_930551

    Yeah but there shouldn't be must run perks like that. Without Whispers its a gamble

    Mix it with Distressing, which will push the Terror Radius beyond that and you can have some fun indeed. I wouldn't call Whispers a must have, as suggested, but it's definitely one that will sunrise synergize great with the Doctor, like Iron Maiden for Huntress or Pop Goes the Weasel or Surveillance for Nightmare

    A question that occurs to me, will there be a way for a Survivor to know the Doctor is charging the area shock vs the normal one?

  • I think when he uses his static blast And everyone instantly get to madness tier 3, there should be a cooldown for the survivors to Snap out of his tier 3, if not the static blast is useless and survivor's can get out of tier 3 instantly after hitting you with the blast. His shock therapy should stop survivors from interacting and block survivor's from vaulting,Because currently it's not WORKING!!!

  • It was stated in the stream. I can't tell you exactly where, timestamp-wise, but I can refer you to my own post summarising all the information that was given out in the stream. The Doctor changes are at the end.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/114042/i-watched-the-dev-stream-so-you-dont-have-to-again/p1

    (That is, if you haven't found the answer already, since I realise it has been two weeks since your comment.)

  • Was that thread title a mother frickin Shin Megami Tensei reference.

  • No stance changing will make him a lot strongger on loops. Even if he still had the slowdown the fact that you wont need to fiddle with that damn meter should be a big help

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930551#Comment_930551

    Yeah but there shouldn't be must run perks like that. Without Whispers its a gamble

    It doesn't seem like a must run perk yet. You could run Spies, Thrilling Tremors, BBQ, or Dischordance.

    But I'll just have to wait and see how this goes with him first.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    No stance changing will make him a lot strongger on loops. Even if he still had the slowdown the fact that you wont need to fiddle with that damn meter should be a big help

    I think that's what I'm most satisfied about, being able to deny loops easier

  • I already see a nice build.

    Thana,sloppy, whispers, BBQ. There's nowhere to hide! And his blast would work like nurses to show you where people are. This might be a lot of fun!

  • @Mr_K said:

    RIP guarantee hook grab.

    I hope people read this, with how they make Doctor now, you won't need hook grabs or to camp, you'll still have an easy time to grab, but he should be powerful enough for Survivors to stay away! He'll be getting his own music too.

  • I can appreciate everyone's analysis on the Doc changes, but the fact that so many of the replies here are upset that Doc is losing his "insta grab" is flat out disingenuous. It is clear that the ability to guarantee a grab off of a hook is not intended gameplay behavior, and was an oversight when designing treatment mode. The fact that they are removing it is a good thing. There is no reason Doc should be special in this regard.

    My personal concern is, however, the following: the removal of the stance switch should indeed help in a chase, but in my experience, the majority of chases that end up difficult for me are due to the shock therapy being delayed or latency allowing vaults/pallet throws even though a shock should have prevented it. In my opinion, if there are not significant improvements made to the consistency of shock therapy landing and preventing interactions (in addition to a basekit range buff equal to approximately the size of the current range granted by Moldy Electrode), Doc will still struggle in chases.

  • Question: How will the Doctor's new area of effect shock work with Dark Devotion?

    I've toyed with using DD on the Doctor for meming purposes, so I'm curious now. If you hit the Obsession then initiate the area shock, will it effect survivors if they're in the transferred Terror Radius?

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/932317#Comment_932317

    It was stated in the stream. I can't tell you exactly where, timestamp-wise, but I can refer you to my own post summarising all the information that was given out in the stream. The Doctor changes are at the end.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/114042/i-watched-the-dev-stream-so-you-dont-have-to-again/p1

    (That is, if you haven't found the answer already, since I realise it has been two weeks since your comment.)

    I saw the stream but didn't heard they say that, guess I'm deaf. yeah you're a little late, just a lil

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    Question: How will the Doctor's new area of effect shock work with Dark Devotion?

    I've toyed with using DD on the Doctor for meming purposes, so I'm curious now. If you hit the Obsession then initiate the area shock, will it effect survivors if they're in the transferred Terror Radius?

    That would be hilarious and keep with the theme of insanity

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    So. Doctor is in a bad place because he has a high skill cap for a relatively low reward and passive which only really works once for guaranteed tracking.

    So. They didn't do anything to help him in a chase...well....idk how the no stance changing thing is gonna work but....they put that passive on a 60 second cooldown. A non lethal skill on a sixty second cool down. From the leaked add ons it looks like your going to HAVE to run distressing and the terror radius increasing add ons to even hope to use it.

    Unless it's a guarantee tier of madness up. But even still, 60 second cooldown. If it's going to have that long a cool down idk. Put them on a timer to snap out of it if they're in tier 3 or else take damage or get downed or something. 60 seconds is an entire evil within 3

    I think being in doctor terror radius should make you scream everytime and his shock therapy should have more range and be more threathening. Killers like him, Clown and Bubba have so much potential to be awesome with simple buff but people keep trying weird full reworks and over creative ideas

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930569#Comment_930569

    Yes.

    Granted, you still slow down while you're charging the shock itself, but otherwise, yes. You don't need to slowly switch modes, move slower, shock, then slowly switch back.

    THREE SECOND COOLDOWN BEFORE ATTACKING LOL

1 2 ›