DC ban system is BS

Yesterday I had an infinite loading screen got a 5 min ban, today game crashes as i am escaping 15 min ban, really? Might as well stop playing all together. I should not be banned for something I have no control over, seriously DEVS deactivate this cr@p until you find a legit fix.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Actually no other game cares why you dced.

  • If you are getting 5 and 15 minute penalties you are DCing more than once a day.

    Maybe stop? And then when things like this happen you will only have to sit through a 1 minute penalty. Which is what it starts as.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    If you are getting 5 and 15 minutes penalties this means you are DCing more than once.

    Maybe stop? And then when things like this happen you will only have to sit through a 1 minute penalty. Which is what it starts as.

    No, there is a bug. Even if you haven't DC'd at all since this test started and your game crashes or you got some error that pulled you out of a game because BHVR "did a pretty good job so far" you still get a DC Penalty Ban. People have been posting about it, they're getting anywhere between 3 and 25 minute bans even though they never DC but because the game fudged up, they have to pay the price.

    A friend of mine DC'd purposely in a match earlier and didn't even suffer any consequences then the next match gets a match canceled and she and the friend she's playing with at that moment suffer a 3 minute penalty.

    It's just broken. Like everything else.

  • @Venoxxie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929222#Comment_929222

    No, there is a bug. Even if you haven't DC'd at all since this test started and your game crashes or you got some error that pulled you out of a game because BHVR "did a pretty good job so far" you still get a DC Penalty Ban. People have been posting about it, they're getting anywhere between 3 and 25 minute bans even though they never DC but because the game fudged up, they have to pay the price.

    A friend of mine DC'd purposely in a match earlier and didn't even suffer any consequences then the next match gets a match canceled and she and the friend she's playing with at that moment suffer a 3 minute penalty.

    It's just broken. Like everything else.

    Oh. Well it's a good thing this is only a 2 day rest then so they can work toward ironing out the wrinkles.

    @op sorry. Didn't know about the bug.

  • DC bans are :

    1 minute

    5 minutes

    15 minutes

    30 minutes

    1 hour

    6 hours

    Will update when my 6 hour is up so I can DC again ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Endstille said:

    Actually no other game cares why you dced.

    I agree with the point you're trying to make, but most other games have either a more slowly escalating penalty system, less random crashes or disconnects, and/or a more reliable connection system (such as allowing players to rejoin a game within 30-60 seconds of disconnecting instead of kicking them from the match altogether).

    I like that the system is punishing for disconnects that aren't just done through the menu, I think that's the right call, but I also think that, since DBD is quite unreliable when it comes to randomly booting players from matches, the system should escalate at a much slower rate to accommodate for that.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @altruistic said:

    DC bans are :

    1 minute

    5 minutes

    15 minutes

    30 minutes

    1 hour

    6 hours

    Will update when my 6 hour is up so I can DC again ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    turns out after the 6 hour ban it's 7 days. At the rate the punishments expand I actually wouldn't be surprised.... after 1 hour it just jumps to 6 hours like jesus...

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929216#Comment_929216

    I agree with the point you're trying to make, but most other games have either a more slowly escalating penalty system, less random crashes or disconnects, and/or a more reliable connection system (such as allowing players to rejoin a game within 30-60 seconds of disconnecting instead of kicking them from the match altogether).

    I like that the system is punishing for disconnects that aren't just done through the menu, I think that's the right call, but I also think that, since DBD is quite unreliable when it comes to randomly booting players from matches, the system should escalate at a much slower rate to accommodate for that.

    The best comparison I can make to a game I have played is World of Warcraft for dungeons or Battlegrounds. Quit on your team and you get a 15-30 minute timeout from doing group stuffthe first time BUT BUT BUT the difference is WoW has single player options too you can quest while you wait or shop the Auction House.

    If DBD had a different mode, or if the penalties were split between Killer and Survivor maybe? So if you DC as a killer because you get stuck then you can at least play around on survivor a bit?

  • So whats now? I go DCed unintentionaly last game as killer. I was winning game so there was no reason to leaving game and voila I have 60s punishment for server sided problems. So what now?

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929238#Comment_929238

    turns out after the 6 hour ban it's 7 days. At the rate the punishments expand I actually wouldn't be surprised.... after 1 hour it just jumps to 6 hours like jesus...

    So you're telling me that if I'm having internet issues and I disconnect from seven games in the space of an evening (which has happened to me once before, because after the first two or three times it happened I tried several different solutions in between games until I found one that worked)... I could be banned from rejoining the queue for an entire week?

    Something is very wrong here.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929484#Comment_929484

    So you're telling me that if I'm having internet issues and I disconnect from seven games in the space of an evening (which has happened to me once before, because after the first two or three times it happened I tried several different solutions in between games until I found one that worked)... I could be banned from rejoining the queue for an entire week?

    Something is very wrong here.

    That was sarcasm don't worry. But who knows it might be true LOL.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929496#Comment_929496

    That was sarcasm don't worry. But who knows it might be true LOL.

    You got me. It genuinely sounds like it could be true. Although it's more likely that from 6 it jumps to 24, and then to a week, that's still not much better and my point still stands if that turns out to be the case.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929247#Comment_929247

    The best comparison I can make to a game I have played is World of Warcraft for dungeons or Battlegrounds. Quit on your team and you get a 15-30 minute timeout from doing group stuffthe first time BUT BUT BUT the difference is WoW has single player options too you can quest while you wait or shop the Auction House.

    If DBD had a different mode, or if the penalties were split between Killer and Survivor maybe? So if you DC as a killer because you get stuck then you can at least play around on survivor a bit?

    I suspect WoW also has more stable servers and less frequent crashes.

  • I'm gonna DC so I don't have a reason to play the game.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929497#Comment_929497

    You got me. It genuinely sounds like it could be true. Although it's more likely that from 6 it jumps to 24, and then to a week, that's still not much better and my point still stands if that turns out to be the case.

    I'm scared if your suspicions are true, what the punishment is after a weeks worth of punishment.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929489#Comment_929489

    I suspect WoW also has more stable servers and less frequent crashes.

    Absolutely, I can't figure out a good solution but if people are getting banned/timeout for the game crashing on BHVR side that is a huge problem and it will cause people to find a new game.

  • even if it was supposed to make the game healthier, all it will do is encourage people to suicide on first hook instead of dcing and punish those who face a game-breaking glitch that requires you to just quit the game/the match

    the penalty for dcing should be everyone else cant unpip so they have no reason to do so, as even if they did that to punish the killer, they wont unpip, and same for the survivors who were left behind to death (3 survs vs a killer at the beginning of the match almost always means death)

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929489#Comment_929489

    I suspect WoW also has more stable servers and less frequent crashes.

    Given that its a decade old game developed by a mega corporation? Probably.

  • You should. It's actually a legitimate bug that's happening to a lot of people right now.

  • its a "test" for a reason, if you get hit by the dc punishment then play a different game

  • Spelt crap wrong.

    It's ๐Ÿ’ฉ.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929484#Comment_929484

    So you're telling me that if I'm having internet issues and I disconnect from seven games in the space of an evening (which has happened to me once before, because after the first two or three times it happened I tried several different solutions in between games until I found one that worked)... I could be banned from rejoining the queue for an entire week?

    Something is very wrong here.

    If you are having those kind of connection issues then go play a single player game for the evening. Nobody in an online game wants to play with Mr. Crashesalot.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929496#Comment_929496

    If you are having those kind of connection issues then go play a single player game for the evening. Nobody in an online game wants to play with Mr. Crashesalot.

    They sure don't. It was rather disappointing for the friends I was playing with, and for me as well. That's why I fixed the issue, because I knew there was a way to fix it but I needed to play several more games in order to troubleshoot the problem. After that, it was fine. But if this system had been in place then, I wouldn't have been able to play with my friends at all that evening even after the problem had been solved, and that's the point I was making.

  • Generally concerned here, as in a day's session, I will have multiple crashes.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929484#Comment_929484

    So you're telling me that if I'm having internet issues and I disconnect from seven games in the space of an evening (which has happened to me once before, because after the first two or three times it happened I tried several different solutions in between games until I found one that worked)... I could be banned from rejoining the queue for an entire week?

    Something is very wrong here.

    no, it won't happen because after the fourth infraction you have a 30 minutes ban and you'll desist from playing altogether :P.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929496#Comment_929496

    no, it won't happen because after the fourth infraction you have a 30 minutes ban and you'll desist from playing altogether :P.

    Sad cause it's true ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

  • I'm going to take an educated guess here that the devs implemented the matchmaking ban at a certain time yesterday, but the DC tracker was actually including DC's that happened before the matchmaking ban went live.

    Thus, if someone had DC'd or crashed in the day/hours before the ban system went live, they already had strikes against them, thus leading to their first ban being an escalated one.

    I DC'd once for a legitimate reason AFTER the matchmaking DC ban went live, and my first timeout was 5 minutes.

    So someone forgot to sync or reset the timers, or just f it it's too much work to do it correctly.

    How close am I? @not_Queen @Mathieu_Cote

  • @Aceonfire said:

    I'm going to take an educated guess here that the devs implemented the matchmaking ban at a certain time yesterday, but the DC tracker was actually including DC's that happened before the matchmaking ban went live.

    Thus, if someone had DC'd or crashed in the day/hours before the ban system went live, they already had strikes against them, thus leading to their first ban being an escalated one.

    I DC'd once for a legitimate reason AFTER the matchmaking DC ban went live, and my first timeout was 5 minutes.

    So someone forgot to sync or reset the timers, or just f it it's too much work to do it correctly.

    How close am I? @not_Queen @Mathieu_Cote

    I bet you hit it on the head, remember when the first Rift Tome dropped some people already had progress from the days prior.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929484#Comment_929484

    So you're telling me that if I'm having internet issues and I disconnect from seven games in the space of an evening (which has happened to me once before, because after the first two or three times it happened I tried several different solutions in between games until I found one that worked)... I could be banned from rejoining the queue for an entire week?

    Something is very wrong here.

    Sigh.

    You guys ever get into an argument with others while your friends there to back you up, and then you have that one friend that tries to burn the other side with something clever, but ends up saying something so stupid and just ends up embarrassing themselves and you?

    Fibjean, you are that friend right now.

    Listen bud, if you don't have reliable internet, that's very unfortunate but you should be considerate of other players and not make them suffer your poor internet as well.

  • The best thing about it is that literally everyone can have like a short disconnection when the company handling their internet ######### up or something. It does affect every player and just because people have "good" internet doesn't mean it will never happen to them.

    And also people saying you should not play games when your connection is wonky are kind of... I won't say it. Sometimes my internet spazzes out, it happens, it happens to all of us at some point, that doesn't mean I should stop using the internet and never play a multiplayer game anymore...

  • @Aceonfire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929496#Comment_929496

    Sigh.

    You guys ever get into an argument with others while your friends there to back you up, and then you have that one friend that tries to burn the other side with something clever, but ends up saying something so stupid and just ends up embarrassing themselves and you?

    Fibjean, you are that friend right now.

    Listen bud, if you don't have reliable internet, that's very unfortunate but you should be considerate of other players and not make them suffer your poor internet as well.

    I do, most of the time. It was a one-time occurrence, which I fixed after a couple of hours (both of which I mentioned in my comment) and the only people that really suffered for it were the three friends I was playing with at the time.

    My point was that, even though it was an issue which only lasted for a few games before it was resolved, if the system outlined by the comment to which I was replying had been in place then, I wouldn't have been able to play the game for the next week. And that's a problem.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929496#Comment_929496

    If you are having those kind of connection issues then go play a single player game for the evening. Nobody in an online game wants to play with Mr. Crashesalot.

    "Mr. Crashesalot" ?

    Mate... you missed the perfect oportunity to use "Sir Crashesalot"

  • @altruistic said:

    DC bans are :

    1 minute

    5 minutes

    15 minutes

    30 minutes

    1 hour

    6 hours

    Will update when my 6 hour is up so I can DC again ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    Not all heroes wear capes.

  • @symptom101 said:

    Yesterday I had an infinite loading screen got a 5 min ban, today game crashes as i am escaping 15 min ban, really? Might as well stop playing all together. I should not be banned for something I have no control over, seriously DEVS deactivate this cr@p until you find a legit fix.

    @symptom101 said:

    Yesterday I had an infinite loading screen got a 5 min ban, today game crashes as i am escaping 15 min ban, really? Might as well stop playing all together. I should not be banned for something I have no control over, seriously DEVS deactivate this cr@p until you find a legit fix.

    This DC penalty is so bs because it just punishes innocent people while the real problem is just killing themselves on the hook now. Terrible change by the devs

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929496#Comment_929496

    If you are having those kind of connection issues then go play a single player game for the evening. Nobody in an online game wants to play with Mr. Crashesalot.

    This is such a dumb comment/advice because dbd is terribly optimised and some people are getting the ban because of dcs on the loading screen

  • Unfortunately, I did not receive any penalties after 6 hours even when I DC'ed multiple games.

    Apparently, someone was banned 24 hours. This didn't happen to me though.

  • The devs should make the server more reliable first, than start implementing this DC penalty. It's not wrong to have this, but it's not at the right time. Where the servers are still unreliable.


    Then, if the server is reliable, the devs implement this, and at the same time, make an algorithm or something to differentiate whether the player is DC-ing because of the servers fault or cause of bad internet or the player intentionally DC. When the player dc intentionally, that's when the game recognize, and give the player penalty.

  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/113788/dc-ban-system-is-bs

    Standard excuses from survivers , you DC yourself and come crying here and making up a story for them to remove it .... canโ€™t fool me

    Why isn't there a Vote Down option?

  • I wonder if you dc enough times you won't be able to play in a year ๐Ÿ˜Ž

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930342#Comment_930342

    The DC penalty doesnโ€™t go straight to 5 mins and then from 5-15 mins ? the OP is clearly over reacting / lying .... so shh

    Fair enough. But, there still should be a Vote Down option. Just saying.

  • This content has been removed.
  • No, they were two separate thoughts.

  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930342#Comment_930342

    The DC penalty doesnโ€™t go straight to 5 mins and then from 5-15 mins ? the OP is clearly over reacting / lying .... so shh

    what are the penalties then because that's what I saw on a couple streamers I follow... where did you hear numbers from

  • Because it would be killer main shaming here lol

  • @Venoxxie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929222#Comment_929222

    No, there is a bug. Even if you haven't DC'd at all since this test started and your game crashes or you got some error that pulled you out of a game because BHVR "did a pretty good job so far" you still get a DC Penalty Ban. People have been posting about it, they're getting anywhere between 3 and 25 minute bans even though they never DC but because the game fudged up, they have to pay the price.

    A friend of mine DC'd purposely in a match earlier and didn't even suffer any consequences then the next match gets a match canceled and she and the friend she's playing with at that moment suffer a 3 minute penalty.

    It's just broken. Like everything else.

    Wait till it hits Xbox and Ps4 and people get banned for bs disconnects not loading in. The pitchforks and torches will come out for BHVR!!!

    This ######### will frustrate players and this will kill the game. Wait till that person who buys all the dlc's and all the new cosmetics gets a 25 minute ban through no fault other than a broken patch. Let's see how quick they are to buy another ######### thing!

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929484#Comment_929484

    So you're telling me that if I'm having internet issues and I disconnect from seven games in the space of an evening (which has happened to me once before, because after the first two or three times it happened I tried several different solutions in between games until I found one that worked)... I could be banned from rejoining the queue for an entire week?

    Something is very wrong here.

    Unfortunate, especially if your evening consists of seven hours of staring at a cooldown timer for DbD.

  • If something happens during loading, you shouldn't get the penalty/ban. Game won't start, people won't lose items or anything, your team won't have a more difficult game (because it WON'T start), only 'downside' is people will have to wait a bit more again.

    Friend I play with crashes quite often during loading, no he doesn't DC and even if he was, so what? Game DOESN'T start. So why should he get the penalty? It's not his fault game crashes, or loses connection. If it happens once the game starts, alright, but during loading? Come on. Fix your game first if you want to start banning people.

  • Itโ€™s only for a couple days, Iโ€™m hoping they will strongly look at this before making it permanent... although I do hope thatโ€™s sooner rather than later

โ€น 1 2