I dislike this new rank reset

What was the reasoning behind this change? I used to like not having to be so close to rank one, now I can either play and achieve red ranks and hate playing the game or I can derank. And i dont wanna derank, I just want chill games for once and old rank reset let me have those but now? I just dont want to play at all

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @Blueberry said:

    I hate the change as well unless we get individual killer ranks soon for the reasons you've mentioned. All this is going to do is make a lot more high rank killers quit or start intentionally deranking again.

    I think that would be a great idea. I used to wait until the rank reset to try out the killers I had the least experience with, but now I can't because I immediately get paired with survivors at my most skilled killer level and it's just sad

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I personally don't understand why this has happened. Recent changes to the emblem system has made ranking up harder but still not altogether difficult. It's still largely playtime=rank.

    As a result of nobody resetting more than a handful of ranks, within a month or two the red ranks are going to be basically everyone. It's going to remove that separation of sweaty tryhards from the more casual ranks, and it's going to make new players find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to get a match against similar ranks. They'll have long queues every single match to be dumped with red ranks anyway.

    I guess Main Reason was exactly this - new players should not be matched with experience players who just got ranked down because of Rank Reset. With 6 Ranks Disparity, it is indeed possible that a Red Rank is facing a new player after Rank Reset.

    However, I see the problem in two areas:

    First, like you mentioned, new players will have it harder to find games. I know it from my friend, he rarely plays Killer, but started to do so because of the Archives, as Rank 18. He had to wait so long to find a game. This might now even be harder.

    Second, quality of games. The games near end of Season were horrible on Survivor Side. People are barely Red Rank because they just reached it near the end of the Season. This will not be the case anymore, people who struggled to Rank up from 11 to 4 (or whatever Rank they were after Rank Reset) will now have it way easier to get into Red Ranks, resulting in an overall loss of quality. Sure, Rank did not matter that people where High-skilled, but now it does matter even less.

    And for me - I rather go against more experienced/less experienced people (or play with them) if I have good queue times.

    @Almo said:

    Regarding rank reset update:

    One serious problem we had was people who don't play a lot who still want to rank up. Sure, playing a game a month just isn't enough. But when it takes quite a few games to get from 15 to 5 and each month it knocks you right back down, that's not fun, nor is it indicative of how good you are at the game.

    Also, the system knocked everyone from 1 down to 10, and then various ranks down to 15 depending on how far from 1 you were. Given how the matchmaking algo works (in order to get queue times down), that meant every single player in the entire pool was a legal target to play with every other player in the pool.

    Sorry to say that, but people who barely play the game should not expect to get as much as people who play it much more. This does not work like that in any game. If you play more, you get more.

    Someone who plays half an hour per day should not expect to get to Rank 1 as easy as someone who plays 3 hours per day.

  • @Almo said:

    Regarding rank reset update:

    One serious problem we had was people who don't play a lot who still want to rank up. Sure, playing a game a month just isn't enough. But when it takes quite a few games to get from 15 to 5 and each month it knocks you right back down, that's not fun, nor is it indicative of how good you are at the game.

    Also, the system knocked everyone from 1 down to 10, and then various ranks down to 15 depending on how far from 1 you were. Given how the matchmaking algo works (in order to get queue times down), that meant every single player in the entire pool was a legal target to play with every other player in the pool.

    Thank you so much for this. I don't play much anymore for various reasons. And one thing that keeps me from coming back is the knowledge that I've been pushed down so far I have to fight through the low ranks to get decent teammates again.

    And as a killer, it's kinda boring ripping through bad survivors because I've been pushed down so far.

  • @SafetyOff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918503#Comment_918503

    First time high ranked in a competitive game?

    Dont worry, you will still have incompetent players 50% of the time, and trolls the other 25% of the time. Even if they made the perfect ranking system.

    Nope. Was a really high rank in both overwatch and rl a few years ago. Can't remember the ranks of either since I haven't played either in so long.

    In most games you do get those bad players who somehow have made their way to the higher ranks but I'd say they at least knew what they were doing. It's pretty surprising how many survivors at red ranks still can't loop.

    If I'm matched with a player who has the same rank as me I'd like to believe they are at a similar skill level as me.

  • Perhaps we bad players that will finally balance the game. Killers will be less stressed. More survivors that want to relax will be in red ranks.

    It is us who camp in a locker and wait for the killer to close the hatch and open the door with wake up and zoom out.

    It is us who run Windows of opportunity because we wouldn't know where every pallet was anyway.

    It is us who run ds but play stealthily to the point it only sees use on hard tunnel. We are the balance and we come whether we like it or not.

    Optimal? More like uh...not optimal. Deja Vu team on indoor map buildings represent!

  • @Almo said:

    Regarding rank reset update:

    One serious problem we had was people who don't play a lot who still want to rank up. Sure, playing a game a month just isn't enough. But when it takes quite a few games to get from 15 to 5 and each month it knocks you right back down, that's not fun, nor is it indicative of how good you are at the game.

    Also, the system knocked everyone from 1 down to 10, and then various ranks down to 15 depending on how far from 1 you were. Given how the matchmaking algo works (in order to get queue times down), that meant every single player in the entire pool was a legal target to play with every other player in the pool.

    Rank is not indicative of skill at all, anyways.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I actually like the new rank reset, I’ve wanted it since I started.

    Yeah same, mainly because old rank reset utterly annihilate yellow and grey rank survivors and killers.

    I remember as a new and inexperirnce player when playing killer, ater rank reset I faced against so many red rank and purple rank worthy survivors, which utterly destroyed me with me getting either 0 hooks or just a few.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919164#Comment_919164

    Yea I can find a game instantly as killer.

    Either there is no one playing killer or something is wrong.

    I think its mainly people are not playing killer anymore.

    Heck i'm starting to play survivor more than usual, I played like 50-50 killer and survivor now its like 70% survivor and now 30% killer.

  • honestly i don’t like it either. i get many more tryhards that bring moris. like i’ve seen nonstop moris.

    really it’s annoying lol

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I dislike the fact that they made this change while there still are bad survivors at red ranks. I personally think they should have did one more normal rank reset, while also making the conditions to get to red ranks harder.

    So by the next time I'm reset back to rank 5 I'll know I'm with actual good players

    There's always going to be bad survivors at red ranks lol, there's nothing to be done about that

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918503#Comment_918503

    There's always going to be bad survivors at red ranks lol, there's nothing to be done about that

    Your probably right. Just giving my reason why I don't like the new rank reset

  • That would be rough on new players though. If you’re a red rank killer on Billy, Pig and Trapper for example but you’ve never played Plague you’ll be using her against rank 20 survivor... your skills and a basic understanding of the game means even without any addon and perks this will almost surely be an easy 4K and not fun at all for the new players

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I personally don't understand why this has happened. Recent changes to the emblem system has made ranking up harder but still not altogether difficult. It's still largely playtime=rank.

    As a result of nobody resetting more than a handful of ranks, within a month or two the red ranks are going to be basically everyone. It's going to remove that separation of sweaty tryhards from the more casual ranks, and it's going to make new players find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to get a match against similar ranks. They'll have long queues every single match to be dumped with red ranks anyway.

    I agree, thought the same thing especially for survivors. I almost never depip unless it’s a hard tunnel/mori game so even games I don’t pip up I do enough to black pip. It’s only a matter of time getting to rank 1 each reset, especially now that we only go back to 5... very soon a large part of the survivors will be red rank then what do the rank 15 killers do for queues

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I personally don't understand why this has happened. Recent changes to the emblem system has made ranking up harder but still not altogether difficult. It's still largely playtime=rank.

    As a result of nobody resetting more than a handful of ranks, within a month or two the red ranks are going to be basically everyone. It's going to remove that separation of sweaty tryhards from the more casual ranks, and it's going to make new players find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to get a match against similar ranks. They'll have long queues every single match to be dumped with red ranks anyway.

    they did? i sneeze and pip as a survivor now. for me its not about rank but quality of games, which is the problem for me. Then i have a huge wait time as killer, while some people are instant? I dont understand this new system at all.

    plus i suck donkey nads when it comes to blinding the killer while carrying a survivor. Idk if i even want to do this rift challenge. lmao

  • i think the new rank reset is fine. if you are rank 1, you should be on rank 1. there's no reason to go and have 20 easy af games and bully low rank people

  • @Almo said:

    Regarding rank reset update:

    One serious problem we had was people who don't play a lot who still want to rank up. Sure, playing a game a month just isn't enough. But when it takes quite a few games to get from 15 to 5 and each month it knocks you right back down, that's not fun, nor is it indicative of how good you are at the game.

    Also, the system knocked everyone from 1 down to 10, and then various ranks down to 15 depending on how far from 1 you were. Given how the matchmaking algo works (in order to get queue times down), that meant every single player in the entire pool was a legal target to play with every other player in the pool.

    Why would you want to rank up anyway?

    Other then get the achievement you get sweaty games one after another and there is still no reward whatsoever to getting the highest rank.

  • Rank reset is my favorite time as killer. Get to see a lot of those SWF groups as Solos. Let's me see if they are good or if the SWF carries them.

  • @theArashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919142#Comment_919142

    Why would you want to rank up anyway?

    Other then get the achievement you get sweaty games one after another and there is still no reward whatsoever to getting the highest rank.

    It’s not about wanting to rank up, just playing the game you rank up. If you do like a couple gens, unhook and heal someone, then have a decent chase you rank up... if you’re not trying to do that then what are you going to accomplish

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/920062#Comment_920062

    It’s not about wanting to rank up, just playing the game you rank up. If you do like a couple gens, unhook and heal someone, then have a decent chase you rank up... if you’re not trying to do that then what are you going to accomplish

    I'd love a feature to opt out from ranking whatsoever and get random survivors every time.

    At least it would give me a chance to not get sweaty games which are only thing that I keep getting today.

  • @theArashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/920080#Comment_920080

    I'd love a feature to opt out from ranking whatsoever and get random survivors every time.

    At least it would give me a chance to not get sweaty games which are only thing that I keep getting today.

    People keep asking for this, are you SURE you want random games?

    Cureent situation at red ranks if you get a sweaty killer at least your team should be capable of doing a chase and understand when to work on gens

    Random game you’re asking for maybe you’ll get a chill game with a couple fun teammates and a chill killer trying out a meme build but the other possibly is getting a sweaty killer and three potatoe teammates who wanna have fun meming... is that the type of game you’re going to have fun in

  • I dislike it cause now I can't rely on rank reset to make the game enjoyable again. Guess I have to actually throw my ass down to green ranks.

1 2 ›