Is it really fair that keys allow 3 survivors to escape with 1 generator left?

So I was playing a game as clown for a ritual and it was 1 generator left (typical clown) and 3 survivors alive. I have a 3 gen with Pop so I was confident I could get at least a 3k. Then boom I see them all 1 by one escape thanks to a random key they found in a chest. Then they be toxic in endgame chat. I just don’t see how it’s fair that multiple survivors can escape from the hatch. I feel like after opening the hatch with a key, it closes immediately. So 1 escape, 1 key. That’s fair to me. Of course this would mean a nerf to moris and I am perfectly fine with that. I just think the ability to just win the game with one item is just unfair for the killer. Not a killer main, nor survivor, in between. Any thoughts about this?

Comments

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    I'm sure someone has done it already but I'd like to suggest this myself. Please try not to mock my post and stick to actual criticism and feedback.

    This is a Key/Mori post (out of a thousand... yippee).

    I'd like to start out by pointing out the largest difference between the two. To begin the topic, I will start with Moris.(Mainly Ebony and Ivory)

    Moris become available to a killer after they have been hooked at least once. This completely eliminates a survivor from the game very early, and it can be done immediately after unhooking without having to worry about Decisive Strike.

    Keys on the other hand, require Generators to be completed so the key can be used to open hatch. The Hatch spawns, if all survivors are alive, after ALL generators are completed. This requirement recedes as survivors die during the game. In comparison, Moris are a lot quicker at ending the game than Keys.

    Well, what if we changed Moris to have the same game rules as Keys so they don't shift the momentum so heavily really early?. Allow me to begin the suggestion here.

    For Moris,

    > Keep the 1 hook requirement

    > Moris become available after 1 Generator is completed.

    > For an Ebony Mori, as more generators are completed, more are available for use.

    >All 4 Moris become available when 4 Gens are completed, or end game collapse occurs.

    Now let's move on to Keys. I often see Killers say keys rob a killer of a proper game, but I have no comment to this in particular as I think it's more of an upset type of deal as there are many ways to counter the use of Keys compared to Moris. Not only that, sometimes gates spawn very close to each other and in some maps there are positions that allow the killer to watch both anyway. Nonetheless, Keys are very useful at providing an escape route for survivors while the killer patrols the gates.

    Here's my suggestion for them.

    > Dull Keys allow only one Survivor to escape, and hatch closes without triggering end game collapse. Alternatively, it does trigger end game collapse, allowing the use of all moris if the killer is running an Ebony Mori.

    > Skeleton Key keeps hatch open for other survivors to go through for a short amount of time or until Killer closes hatch.

    > Reduce the time hatch remains open by 5 or 10 seconds.

    Additional changes that dont have to be with these, and can be complimentary to any buffs to certain killers or new killers.

    > Allow Keys to be used on ACTIVE Reverse Bear Traps. This means counting them as Black Locks. (In the event that Pig is buffed)

    > A pink addon for a key that will allow it to be used to open a black lock and is consumed on use without the protection of Milky Glass. (Obviously would most likely be used with Broken Key.

    What does everyone think? Is this something that can be agreed upon by both sides? Once again, I ask that you respect my post and not mock it. Thank you for your time.

    These are changes I suggested that some people seemed to like.

    Have a look!

  • @me_mad said:

    So I was playing a game as clown for a ritual and it was 1 generator left (typical clown) and 3 survivors alive. I have a 3 gen with Pop so I was confident I could get at least a 3k. Then boom I see them all 1 by one escape thanks to a random key they found in a chest. Then they be toxic in endgame chat. I just don’t see how it’s fair that multiple survivors can escape from the hatch. I feel like after opening the hatch with a key, it closes immediately. So 1 escape, 1 key. That’s fair to me. Of course this would mean a nerf to moris and I am perfectly fine with that. I just think the ability to just win the game with one item is just unfair for the killer. Not a killer main, nor survivor, in between. Any thoughts about this?

    How do you feel about 1st hook mori and they were prob swf

  • It's fair as long as Moris remain unchanged. Both end the game prematurely and both should be brought down several pegs.

  • I had this happen to me as Demo, and someone tried it earlier today as Oni. Thankfully, closing the hatch fast enough means EGC starts, meaning as as long as you aren't on Hawkins or Lery's, you can easily proxy the gates and wait for the timer to run out.

  • @me_mad said:

    So I was playing a game as clown for a ritual and it was 1 generator left (typical clown) and 3 survivors alive. I have a 3 gen with Pop so I was confident I could get at least a 3k. Then boom I see them all 1 by one escape thanks to a random key they found in a chest. Then they be toxic in endgame chat. I just don’t see how it’s fair that multiple survivors can escape from the hatch. I feel like after opening the hatch with a key, it closes immediately. So 1 escape, 1 key. That’s fair to me. Of course this would mean a nerf to moris and I am perfectly fine with that. I just think the ability to just win the game with one item is just unfair for the killer. Not a killer main, nor survivor, in between. Any thoughts about this?

    1 key per survivor is something I have been suggesting/wanting for months now. It's how it should've been from the get go.

    Mori after second hook should be the norm too. Moris are purely amusement and aesthetic and should be able to be done when the survivor is gonna die anyway.

    All of us have been suggesting and pushing for this stuff for how long now? Is it really that hard to move some 1s and 0s around to make it happen? FFS put it in the PTB like they did the first hatch closing idea and let people play with it. I would like an "experimental" PTB where random out there ideas get tried to see how they play in live fire. The current PTB is basically a commercial for the content at this point.

  • It'd be cool if the hatch only remained open for as long as the amount of charges left.


    i.e 30 seconds on skeleton, only 5 with dull

  • It's the worst feeling. I've had it happen multiple times, survivors gen rush and 3 gen themselves only to find a key in a chest and triple escape, pretty much ruins your chances of pipping.

  • Or make keys stop appearing mid trial. Killers can't find a mori, after all.

  • @Athanar90 said:

    Or make keys stop appearing mid trial. Killers can't find a mori, after all.

    To me Keys hardly appear. Its mostly Medkits (thankfully. I search chests for those)

  • Key and mori's are fine. Stop trying to nerf everything into the ground. There is such thing as OVERbalance. And overbalance is boring.

  • I don't think this would really solve the problem, instead of one key multiple survivors can still bring keys and open the hatch three times, specially if it's a swf team.

    Unless they completely remove keys from the bloodweb.

  • Too much in this game is decided by RNG. It makes it very difficult to balance based on "fairness."

  • A survivor dying before gens are done just shows how imbalance killers are. Keys are there to protect against overperformance.

  • I would NOT remove keys and mori's. There is nothing wrong with having some super powerful, ultra rare things. The issue is, keys and mori's, while labeled as ultra rare, aren't really that rare on the blood web. Maybe make them as rare as Bloody Party Streamers (I mean..I never see those. I could literally spend 1000000 blood points on one character and not get one). Even still though, people act as if there's a key or mori in every game. That is not the case.

    The only time there's a mori every game for the most part is super low ranks (or high ranks? whatever), like, 14 and above. It's a novelty to the baby killers. With keys, they are more common at purple and red ranks. Thing is, keys aren't in every game, and I get to rank 1 in killer every month...even when there are keys I never notice, cause I usually kill the person with the key.

  • @PistolTimb said:

    It's fair as long as Moris remain unchanged. Both end the game prematurely and both should be brought down several pegs.

    It's not fair for killers who play nicely and never use moris

    This is my opinion, please don't hurt me :)

  • No its not. It's as broken as ebony moris, both need to be reworked/changed or deleted from the game.

  • I love how people try and compare this to mori's. 3 people can escape at once with 1 key. The killer can't Mori 3 survivors at the same time. Hell, he can't even hit more than 1 survivor with a huge weapon, even though there all standing together, unless your Bubba, and goooooood luck w that!

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    I love how people try and compare this to mori's. 3 people can escape at once with 1 key. The killer can't Mori 3 survivors at the same time. Hell, he can't even hit more than 1 survivor with a huge weapon, even though there all standing together, unless your Bubba, and goooooood luck w that!

    Correction - there's 2 killers that can hit more than one survivor at a time. Not just Bubba ;)

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    Key and mori's are fine. Stop trying to nerf everything into the ground. There is such thing as OVERbalance. And overbalance is boring.

    They aren't, why do you think the majority of the playerbase wants them dead. And the devs have agreed too.

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918000#Comment_918000

    They aren't, why do you think the majority of the playerbase wants them dead. And the devs have agreed too.

    This is far from a majority. This is a vocal minority. The majority is not on these forums.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918247#Comment_918247

    This is far from a majority. This is a vocal minority. The majority is not on these forums.

    Still, they aren't healthy for this game especially with this games community. Plus that doesn't mean they don't require and tweaks and a quick check up on the devs.

  • They won't remove either one.

    Why?

    Same reason Nurse still has three blinks.

  • The hatch in general feels like robbery in most games as killer. It's extremely frustrating when you play well enough to smash 3 survivors only for the 4th to escape not because they played well, but because the hatch was in favorable position. Especially when keys come into the equation, having multiple survivors be able to escape early with 1 or 2 gens left (when killer is strongest and at their most desperate) feels terrible, as the survivors are essentially skipping the height of the killers' power with no input from the other side. The hatch exists to stop games from being taken hostage, but more often just acts as a way to de-pip a killer without them being able to do anything about it.

    The game is supposed to have similar goal-posts - the killer is supposed to get 4 survivors through hook phases before they complete 5 generators. Keys and Moriis move the basic goalposts of the game.

  • I rarely see people escape by key and have never had some escape on me with key so given the rarity of this it isn't really a problem

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918247#Comment_918247

    This is far from a majority. This is a vocal minority. The majority is not on these forums.

    Oh great here you go again with 'my opinion is correct, yours is wrong". Stop it with your superiority complex already please.


    Many people on the forums have declared their distaste for both items for months, and I as well also hate Keys and Moris being in the game. They are too cheap to use and reward absolutely nothing.


    The game even punishes you post-game because you didn't complete tasks that you were meant to during the trial. They simply shouldn't exist and it's even worse at higher ranks.

  • @Mr_K said:

    They won't remove either one.

    Why?

    Same reason Nurse still has three blinks.

    You're referring to achievements i'm guessing?

    Blood on your face , where did they go and From the void she kills? 🤔

    They'd have to completely rework those three and PlayStation is very strict on changing achievements.

  • Nothing should end the game prematurely. It's ridiculous. I don't know why there's this insistence on mechanics that suddenly pull the rug out from underneath the opposition. You have one side that loves it, one side that loathes it, and the needle doesn't move in either direction. They can't have it both ways: people playing fOr FuN and people playing a PVP game to, you know, test your skills against another side in a more or less equal setting and see who comes out on top....the whole reason people play PVP games, generally speaking. Nothing makes me want to just boot up another game more than when I have 3 survivors on death hook with 1 gen left and they all suddenly escape through no fault of my own with no real opportunity to stop it unless my spider sense tingles and I catch them out in Narnia due to the map sizes.

  • Killers usually have it rough early game in low ranks (3 skilled survivors working on gens while one is being chased), which means that most likely at least 2 of those gens will pop if the chased person is decent at survivor. Keys take away late game potential, which is an issue.

    Mori's need to be looked at as well, but the topic was on keys.

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/917935#Comment_917935

    To me Keys hardly appear. Its mostly Medkits (thankfully. I search chests for those)

    use plunderers and you will get a key nearly every game in my experience

  • Is it fun for the survivors? Yes! Devs don't care.