I have never felt this scammed.
This is probably the only game in which I bought all DLC without hesitation but HolyS. I have never felt this scammed and it is already been a recurrent feeling with this game for a while.
First time i felt scammed it was with the pay to win "mettle of man" issue which forced everyone who played survivor regularly to buy Ash or be killed in most of redrank games because MoM players got to live with that extra life while you got hooked for not having MoM. All that to see it nerfed to the ground to the point that LITERALLY nobody uses it because it is dog poo.
Now with this chapter, which I instantly purchased, I leveled the surv to lvl 50 but i though i would give the oni a go and ######### loved it. Games were fast paced, survivors who got cocky got instantly punished and hooked and the most important aspect of it, i could contest almost every redrank game and always had the feeling that i could turn around the surv pressure even when there was a team of 2-3 surv with voicecom.
After millions of bloodpoints, I got him to prestige 3 to find out that it was nerfed within 10 days of its release after weeks of TESTING in ptb.
Now i find myself smashing walls nonstop instead of survs who were just in front of me but they made a 90º turn as soon as i got in range. Also smashing stupid corners because you can't turn and it will just hit the environment.
Now I find myself getting looped as a trash mouse1 killer because my power is only good for slug and if i ever find a surv out in the open and he fails to dodge ( which is really easy because as it has been said in other threads there is not really a turn of more 20º) i get punished if i want to hook him
You just transformed a fun and capable killer with his ups and downs into a worse version of Billy, in which we have our mobility with limited duration and a really high cooldown just to turn back to the m1 bad killer mechanic and getting pallet toured because the only good thing this killer had ( to force a surv out of a loop by using your power ) is gone with the wind because reasons.
What i am trying to say is that this game is putting in my mind that "scammed" feeling too many times. It is continuously making me feel scammed with so many worthless perks (Hello to Jeff, Quentin, Steve, Tapp, Ash, Yui,,,) and it really makes me feel like i wasted SO MANY time grinding for those perks after paying for the chapters to find that the perks are not only useless, but cannot be fitted in any "perk combo" because they are so situational that you can end a game and escape without even using them at all.
I even thought about uninstalling the game because all that grind to have it morph into an underpowered version of billy feels like a waste of time which i don't know if i ever want to repeat or waste my money to do it knowing that sooner than later its fun will be removed.
You do what you gotta do, because i know players like me with thousands of hours are just a speck of dust in the player base but man, i am really sure that it is not only me who feels this way.
Comments
you bought an obviously overpowered killer and expected nothing to happen?
that's the equivalent of wanting a refund for the nerf of Mr. Ash William's perk: Mettle of Man.
lmao what? Oni wasn't even remotely overpowered.
I was referring to red ranks, i'm always red ranks. Literally nobody ran it.
Mettle of Man is a meme. It's fun to see if you can get it off, but anyone who runs it is throwing the game.
I played Oni at release and loved him. I played him after the changes and I still love him.
If that what makes you regret buying a dlc then maybe don't buy them anymore. This game is not supposed to be a 4k heaven. The survivors are also players who want to have fun , and playing against a killer that can run super fast and then do a U turn around a whole car and down you in one hit is not exactly fun.
I can get your frustration, however if the killer seems too good to be true, then that's probably the case. I actually absolutely love playing Plague. However she's more niche and not exactly the best killer out there. Maybe one day I'll finally get a Plague rework or a buff. I tried Oni for a little bit, he's fun but not really my style. What you also have to understand is most killers that have high mobility generally get some kind of "nerf." I knew immediately that they were going to change the flick. I just hope they don't nerf his power.
Unintentional bugs, exploits etc. in videogames have a long history to become features in the games, because a majority really liked it, from rocket jumping in Quake or the Spy from TF2 and there are plenty of other bugs and exploits that have become a staple feature in games over time.
Is the Oni flick so oppressive and unhealthy for the game, that it needs to be removed or is it a form of skill expression and below the power curve if the game? If yes, why remove it?
Except it was never a bug because you nerfed it on live. No developer nerfs a bug. If they can alter it's value then they remove it or change it too be an actual mechanic.
Why cherry pick one comment instead of talking about the whole discussion? MoM was just an example and not even a vocal point too OP's issue.
wheres the statistics of people that use MoM and people that USE MoM
Actually MoM stands for Mettle Of a Meme
Except that you were informed there was going to be a rotation speed decrease in the first day of the DLC release. So it wasn't a nerf it was a fix they were trying to figure out.
Secondly ASH wasn't pay to win it was just an unbalanced perk, hence why it was balanced within just a few weeks. You're not being scammed you're just experiencing balances that they run into when a DLC is fully released to a bigger audience .
Inner Strength makes my stealth build OP. So yeah.
I Imagine you only play meta builds. Which is fair. But you don't need to heckle people.
I don't actually. Pharmacy, Hope, Autodidact, Calm Spirit is my main build. Calm spirit is a bit situational, and often goes unused...but when it's Doc or Clown, my god I feel like a genius. Sometimes I switch something out for Lithe or WGLF.
Hardly meta. But what you said doesn't make it pay to win.
While i will fight and die for your right to your opinion i will have to respectfully disagree. Perks locked behind real money, especially useful ones(not to you but to me) is P2W. Sorry.
The issue with your statement is, the functionally best perks are from the base game.
You are at no disadvantage by using base game perks.
Your definition of P2W is incorrect.
Having to pay real money for a perk i need for my build = pay to win. Sorry.
I never said i was at any sort of disadvantage. That is all you. Please don't put words into my mouth.
If these perks were already on the shrine or the characters were available for Shards(but they are not) it wouldn't be pay to win.
Correction - you don't need the perk. It is not required. You want the perk. WANT. You prefer to have that perk. Nothing more. In order for it to be pay 2 win, it has to give an unbalanced advantage over non-base perks. Therefore, not P2W.
Just stop.
Balancing is making BBQ&Chili not able to read aura to survs inside lockers. Rendering a perk to an useless status to the point that nobody use it after giving it a few weeks for survs to spread the word out on it being mandatory and then nerf it to the ground so everybody who paid, paid for nothing because the other 2 ash perks are UTTERLY TRASH, that is a SCAM. And i am pretty sure that the same percentage of the player base that use this perk is literally equal to the players using this perk and make it work in a game.
You can't be saved if you are not able to distinguish between marketing to raise sales (scam) and actual balancing of the game.