Should Self-care be removed

No one likes a freaking potato self caring and not doing gens

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • man you really hate selfcare

  • @pootis_Bear said:

    man you really hate selfcare

    Yeah

  • Just report them, nothing else you can do. Eventually they will get banned for using the perk.

  • You have other perks to complain about like Spine Chill being useful against LITERALLY EVERY KILLER to an ungodly degree, and yes I know how because I use it, Decisive Strike basically open to abuse and allowing about 60 seconds of safety, Object of Obsession giving a full SWF team full knowledge of your location, or even something like Prove Thyself encouraging the infamous "gen-rush" strat. But no, Self-Care is the problem.

    Nobody runs Empathy, and very few run Bond, so outside of mic'd up SWF, there's next to no knowing where anyone is for heals. "Just run med-kits, then" I hear you say. You see a full team of med-kits join and I can guarantee that any killer worth their salt (and who has this perk....) will immediately equip Franklin's Demise.

    Now, admittedly, I find myself using Self-Care less and less these days, but I still have it equipped. Never know when you're about to find a full batch of potatoes.

  • No, and people should really stop bringing these types of threads up.

    Self-Care can be good when used at the right times. Don't advocate for hurting players who use it effectively and those who aren't good with it. It's up to them to learn the right times.

    Only potatoes make these type of threads.

  • @xEa said:

    Just report them, nothing else you can do. Eventually they will get banned for using the perk.

    You are joking, right?

  • Teach them to not use it instead of yelling at them/being mad that they use it.

  • I don't like to see red rank players using Self-Care, it's the same as a red rank killer running Noed.

    Perhaps they should be automatically depipped for using potato perks at red ranks even if they did well.

  • I guess this is closest to my thoughts.

    My thoughts being: I just want the option to get myself up to Healthy without having to count on others or on gear that runs out.

  • Bro, self care is the best perk ever, are you nuts? I run a build that keeps everyone alive, self care makes using medkits on yourself last longer and have the ability to do it without, add it with botany knowledge and bang you self heal with medkits super fast and self heal without almost as fast as a normal heal, and heal everyone super quick, I run those 2 all the time with prove thyself and urban evasion, I'm rarely found, my gens are quick, and healing becomes an insignificant issue, and I've won nearly every game, red btw

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I don't like to see red rank players using Self-Care, it's the same as a red rank killer running Noed.

    Perhaps they should be automatically depipped for using potato perks at red ranks even if they did well.

    You need to rethink that, noed and self-care are good perks, one for solo or even chase viable the other keeps the game at gates intense but is easy countered by you know, being good

  • Totally not biased options LMAO

  • Selfheal is probably important for those soloplayers, and its not the reason why gens get done too quickly. Im fine with it existing.

  • in general no perk should ever be removed from the game.

    they can buff them, they can nerf them, they can add things to them or take things away, but they shouldnt delete them.

  • Run empathy to keep them from healing themselves.

  • @vossler25 said:

    Bro, self care is the best perk ever, are you nuts? I run a build that keeps everyone alive, self care makes using medkits on yourself last longer and have the ability to do it without, add it with botany knowledge and bang you self heal with medkits super fast and self heal without almost as fast as a normal heal, and heal everyone super quick, I run those 2 all the time with prove thyself and urban evasion, I'm rarely found, my gens are quick, and healing becomes an insignificant issue, and I've won nearly every game, red btw

    lol, if that's irony (what I do think) its the most funny thing today

  • @Mister_xD said:

    in general no perk should ever be removed from the game.

    they can buff them, they can nerf them, they can add things to them or take things away, but they shouldnt delete them.

    Its just a way to say that should be reworked or buffed

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890402#Comment_890402

    Its just a way to say that should be reworked or buffed

    buffed - yes.

    reworked - no.


    a rework would mean you delete the current effects and add completely new ones to it, which would be the same as deleting it.

    a rework is basically what they did with Freddy - old Freddy has literally been removed from the game and they put a new Freddy in his place.

    however, a change would keep the main aspect, in this case the ability to heal yourself, and then add something to it / remove something from it.

    here an example:

    Small Game - if they were to add a totem counter to it and delete the trap locating aspect, that would be changes to the perk, since they removed something from it and added soemthing new, however the main aspect of the perk - locating hidden things - remains untouched.

    its the same with selfcare. you should always be able to heal yourself. how it works can be changed, but the aspect of self healing should stay untouched.

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890021#Comment_890021

    lol, if that's irony (what I do think) its the most funny thing today

    Bro, the perk is so strong you just need to learn how to use it (solo player, trust, I ain't relying on a team when most of the time they doing tomes or just plain garbage, I gotta be able to do everything, self care allows that) in a chase with botany knowledge, especially on the god loop areas, you're near immortal with it, as long as you time it all right, I've played a few games where no one, I mean no one would heal me, and ended up almost losing (I managed to find a health kit used it and ended up in a chase and got hit down the line, my team doing almost nothing) I wasted more time trying to get a health kit cause a another game where this happened and I didn't go for it I got stealth killed, so I wasn't left with the choice and it became a necessity, in SFW botany knowledge or leader if you still want healing based stuff, which I do like, if I didn't have shite teams so often I wouldn't need to have it, if it ever got removed I'd never play solo again and everyone I know that plays this are in different time zones so they aren't always about for SFW, though I typed alot I really do hope this was bait cause it was good and not serious cause that's just dumb

  • This is very much a biased poll, but ok

  • it's the closest so



    The perk is fine. The reduction in speed makes it often better to use a medkit in most situations. it's more of a "what are the chances I'll get a medkit, I wanna heal." there are so many better perks to touch. No Mither desperately needing a buff, any if Quentins perks needing a buff, literally any other perk, and you choose self care. I assume either

    1. You played some killer, and self care saved them
    2. you were a survivor angry that people wanted to not bleed, grunt, and be a one hit instead of working on a gen for like 24 seconds.
  • It depends on how it's used, example: Empathy + Botany Knowledge + Self Care + Streetwise. Add a Purple Medkit with the best addons you can get.

    Become a healing god. You can even loop and heal yourself in less than 5 seconds

  • @xEa said:

    Just report them, nothing else you can do. Eventually they will get banned for using the perk.

    you can’t get banned for using a perk

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891904#Comment_891904

    buffed - yes.

    reworked - no.

    a rework would mean you delete the current effects and add completely new ones to it, which would be the same as deleting it.

    a rework is basically what they did with Freddy - old Freddy has literally been removed from the game and they put a new Freddy in his place.

    however, a change would keep the main aspect, in this case the ability to heal yourself, and then add something to it / remove something from it.

    here an example:

    Small Game - if they were to add a totem counter to it and delete the trap locating aspect, that would be changes to the perk, since they removed something from it and added soemthing new, however the main aspect of the perk - locating hidden things - remains untouched.

    its the same with selfcare. you should always be able to heal yourself. how it works can be changed, but the aspect of self healing should stay untouched.

    But if SC is buffed it will probally be god like. Before the nerf I always used to have it

  • I am literally bored from just seing comments like "bRo YoU jUsT dOn'T kNoW hOw To UsE" or "iTs NoT sElF-cArE fAuLt, ItS tHe PlAyEr", but what the perks do is just heal after 2 years of incredible hard M2 gameplay, how someone is supposes to be bad with simply that? I wish people with real arguments comment

  • Good crutch, for new players. Most outgrow it soon.

  • Only noobs use this perk

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    Only noobs use this perk

    Finally, someone with brain cells

  • @xEa said:

    Just report them, nothing else you can do. Eventually they will get banned for using the perk.

    why would you report someone for playing the game lol

  • Is this you, Sheldon Cooper? ;)

  • ... i ment my post sarcastic.. I thought it is very obvious that you can not report someone for using a perk, neither you should be able to, neither devs would allow this. And neither, this poll makes any sense. :)

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899135#Comment_899135

    ... i ment my post sarcastic.. I thought it is very obvious that you can not report someone for using a perk, neither you should be able to, neither devs would allow this. And neither, this poll makes any sense. :)

    What? I thought we were just introducing ourselves :(

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891981#Comment_891981

    But if SC is buffed it will probally be god like. Before the nerf I always used to have it

    well, i didnt mean it should definitely be buffed.

    i was referring to his previous post and basically just said that a buff to the perk would be okay, since it wouldnt change the way the perk works, which would be the case with a rework.

    sorry if that may have lead to a misunderstanding.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    Only noobs use this perk

    A perk doesn’t make someone a noob, I don’t use sc but saying sc is for noobs is like me saying only noobs use legion or hope. No perks or killers make people noobs.

  • @pootis_Bear said:

    man you really hate selfcare

    I think its more of a fear of being alone. Why touch yourself when you have friends, right?

  • What if I like touching myself

  • Fine, I might be a potato.

  • @pootis_Bear said:

    man you really hate selfcare

    Nope. It’s needed when you’re solo playing and your team sucks. Sorry it bothers you so much.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/889707#Comment_889707

    Nope. It’s needed when you’re solo playing and your team sucks. Sorry it bothers you so much.

    why did you quote me

  • Well, the person that created this poll is a salty rank 20 small peepee killer.

  • @thesao said:

    Well, the person that created this poll is a salty rank 20 small peepee killer.

    lol

  • This perk is the exact opposite of what should be done: time management. To many people rely on this perk and wasting a whole minute to Self-Care in a corner can easily cost you the game.