Oni and new maps are awful on console, and no i don't judge too early

poor control over your lunge, hard to catch up and follow survivors due to sensitivity, i can't even do 90 degree flick, while on pc i see 180 while dashing... new map is also dark as hell, with bad fps, and blendette it's a nightmare. When there will be some real improvements for this platform?

Comments

  • "And no I don't judge too early."

    Dlc has been out for 6 hours. Pretty sure that's judging early

  • @PistolTimb said:

    "And no I don't judge too early."

    Dlc has been out for 6 hours. Pretty sure that's judging early

    Yeah I didn't want to say anything, but...

  • The map is pretty terrible compared to pc

  • I knew it was gonna be bad anyway because yamaoka estate is just plain bad all around

  • @lunaticlifter said:

    poor control over your lunge, hard to catch up and follow survivors due to sensitivity, i can't even do 90 degree flick, while on pc i see 180 while dashing... new map is also dark as hell, with bad fps, and blendette it's a nightmare. When there will be some real improvements for this platform?

    Use both analog sticks.

  • To be fair they're not saying the killer is bad, they're saying what's bad is trying to use him on console with controller and bad frames.

  • @lunaticlifter said:

    poor control over your lunge, hard to catch up and follow survivors due to sensitivity, i can't even do 90 degree flick, while on pc i see 180 while dashing... new map is also dark as hell, with bad fps, and blendette it's a nightmare. When there will be some real improvements for this platform?

    I'm on PS4 and I've found Oni pretty alright to play with. I haven't found it very difficult to follow survivors or control lunge at all.

  • @PistolTimb because i got limitations, i know there is an high skillcap, but trying to play oni in the new map is next level frustration..

    @Liruliniel i tried but i still don't come closer to the insane flicks some pc players are doing, it' s just because of that trash sensitivity

  • @lunaticlifter said:

    @PistolTimb because i got limitations, i know there is an high skillcap, but trying to play oni in the new map is next level frustration..

    @Liruliniel i tried but i still don't come closer to the insane flicks some pc players are doing, it' s just because of that trash sensitivity

    We wont ever get the same sensitivity, but my friend has gotten to do 180's so far.

  • I think he handles like ass tbh, I can't hit anything with that club.

    He is still a lot of fun though I am conflicted; but I am going to keep trying. My opinion might change if the bloodweb ever gives me AN ACTUAL USEFUL PERK!

  • You are judging early, but I agree the new map sucks.

    I don't understand why they insist on making new maps so freaking big. I guess there just NEED to be more maps to screw over Huntress and the M1 Killers.

  • @TheRockstarKnight the killer could be really good but i don't know, the thing that made him so good was the 180 flick

  • If you check the "known issues" under patch notes they said he can turn more than he is supposed to (ie. flick). It's not supposed to be that way, so they are going to remove it. Chill.

  • Devs-these streamers who are getting money to be extremely over the top good play this way, guess everyone does

    Everyone-the hell is this? Why is it a thing? I haven't got time for this, screw it I'm playing a game where Devs actually get with the fans

  • @BDS22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887394#Comment_887394

    To be fair they're not saying the killer is bad, they're saying what's bad is trying to use him on console with controller and bad frames.

    I guess that's true

  • Playing him he's a Hillbilly without collision that needs to charge his chainsaw.

    He's good, and really fun when frames don't screw you over, but he's not exactly game changing.

  • I've been using him as an M1 killer. Got the adept that way. I just use his power at the very end to go back and forth between exit gates.

    ... that makes me really sad. I had been looking forward to him. His power feels clunky on console, though.

    Also, [BAD WORD] the new map. Covered in foliage and dark as hell; even just one of those would make it miserable for killers and difficult to see anything, but both? It's impossible to track anyone. Worse, the map is huge. For [BAD WORD]'s sake, I wanted to like the new map, but I just dread getting it, now.