The Only Change Freddy Needs

Why can Freddy camp and then just proceed to chase me until my borrowed time meter depletes? I literally just had that happen and we couldn't even do gens quick because he tunneled one person into the ground and ran the forever build. Kinda silly if you ask me.

Comments

  • Not to mention... isn't that the same reason they changed Legion?

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    Why can Freddy camp and then just proceed to chase me until my borrowed time meter depletes? I literally just had that happen and we couldn't even do gens quick because he tunneled one person into the ground and ran the forever build. Kinda silly if you ask me.

    A lot of killers can get around bt i think its completly negated by pig if she crouches and tier 1 michael drk for sure though.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/107787/the-only-change-freddy-needs

    A lot of killers can get around bt i think its completly negated by pig if she crouches and tier 1 michael drk for sure though.

    But Freddy can literally just stand there and look at me. At least Pig and Michael are weaker; anyone who has to camp as Freddy is just doo doo.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    Why can Freddy camp and then just proceed to chase me until my borrowed time meter depletes? I literally just had that happen and we couldn't even do gens quick because he tunneled one person into the ground and ran the forever build. Kinda silly if you ask me.

    He's fine how he is

  • I agree. Giving him Oblivious in Dream World was a huge mistake.

    If you ask me, Oblivious, Undetectable, and Deep Wounds all need to be redesigned. Their interactions between the first two and the last is honestly unacceptable. Especially on Freddy since he can just hit you and wait for the timer. Not only does he have the ability to STOP you from using BT if you are asleep, he has the ability to just cheese the BT timer worse than old Legion.

    If you ask me the Deep Wounds timer shouldn't even exist. Deep Wounds should give you a repair speed debuff for X time depending on the source, and BT should just give you Endurance like MOM, but if hit you get DW plus either Hindered or Broken for the same duration.

  • The problem here isnt Freddy, its Borrowed Time itself.

    I think the only change needed is so that BT isnt a free escape for failing. It should go back to not applying Deep Wounds at all, and making it a limited time to heal or going down. As well as not counting BT saves as "safe unhooks".

    No more "Legion nerf = BT buff" and actual downside for braindead saves/farming.

  • Yeah, its stupid that Freddy has the Oblivious effect and no TR in Dreamworld.

    Freddy should not negate BT and should also not be visible by OoO all the time. (even tho, this is no comparison, since OoO is rare compared to BT)

  • @PigNRun said:

    The problem here isnt Freddy, its Borrowed Time itself.

    I think the only change needed is so that BT isnt a free escape for failing. It should go back to not applying Deep Wounds at all, and making it a limited time to heal or going down. As well as not counting BT saves as "safe unhooks".

    No more "Legion nerf = BT buff" and actual downside for braindead saves/farming.

    If you got hit with an unsafe rescue penalty when using BT like that it would de-incentivize saves in times when there literally is no other option. If the killer is camping sometimes you HAVE TO make the rescue in his face, and if that's going to happen you want BT to ensure you get a safe rescue. If it didn't, even if the guy just got hit and didn't go down, then people would just leave you to die negating the entire purpose of BT. Saving with BT is not braindead, it's done purposefully to give the guy BT. Your's is the same argument against DS plays "he made a stupid move" no he made a SMART move by utilizing his perk. It's like saying that a killer made a dumb move by eating a pallet with Spirit Fury active. No that IS the smart move to make.

  • Freddy is fine how he is. Do gens and stay awake :)

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872165#Comment_872165

    If you got hit with an unsafe rescue penalty when using BT like that it would de-incentivize saves in times when there literally is no other option. If the killer is camping sometimes you HAVE TO make the rescue in his face, and if that's going to happen you want BT to ensure you get a safe rescue. If it didn't, even if the guy just got hit and didn't go down, then people would just leave you to die negating the entire purpose of BT. Saving with BT is not braindead, it's done purposefully to give the guy BT. Your's is the same argument against DS plays "he made a stupid move" no he made a SMART move by utilizing his perk. It's like saying that a killer made a dumb move by eating a pallet with Spirit Fury active. No that IS the smart move to make.

    You also have alot of ppl who just use BT as an excuse to farm their teammates. Ive seen ppl get tunneled down because someone does a yolo save 5 seconds after the killer hooks someone with the excuse that ALL saves with BT are automatically safe unhooks. Ive seen the game reward safe unhook points to someone who just farmed his teammate WHILE said teammate was getting moried...

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872179#Comment_872179

    You also have alot of ppl who just use BT as an excuse to farm their teammates. Ive seen ppl get tunneled down because someone does a yolo save 5 seconds after the killer hooks someone with the excuse that ALL saves with BT are automatically safe unhooks. Ive seen the game reward safe unhook points to someone who just farmed his teammate WHILE said teammate was getting moried...

    You can't control whether or not the killer tunnels someone. Again removing the near guaranteed safe rescue just means people will NOT do it in cases where they need to. While the situation you talk about does suck, it's no reason to remove the safe rescue aspect of BT because in doing so you just cause problems elsewhere.

    I've seen the exact same situation you mention where the guy that got saved still survived because he was able to loop the killer for a long time too. So just because the killer decides to tunnel doesn't mean BT shouldn't give you guaranteed safe rescues. Without BT that dude would have just gone down immediately anyway because the killer would still tunnel them either way. You're just making it that much more effort to tunnel if you give BT.

  • @PistolTimb said:

    Freddy is fine how he is. Do gens and stay awake :)

    Did you not read the post? He also had the add-on so the obsession (me) could not be woken up.

  • @PistolTimb said:

    Freddy is fine how he is. Do gens and stay awake :)

    Staying awake does not help vs a camping Freddy at all.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872189#Comment_872189

    You can't control whether or not the killer tunnels someone. Again removing the near guaranteed safe rescue just means people will NOT do it in cases where they need to. While the situation you talk about does suck, it's no reason to remove the safe rescue aspect of BT because in doing so you just cause problems elsewhere.

    I've seen the exact same situation you mention where the guy that got saved still survived because he was able to loop the killer for a long time too. So just because the killer decides to tunnel doesn't mean BT shouldn't give you guaranteed safe rescues. Without BT that dude would have just gone down immediately anyway because the killer would still tunnel them either way. You're just making it that much more effort to tunnel if you give BT.

    You cant control the actions of the killer, only yourself. In this case, what determines a safe unhook isnt the unhooker being sneaky or trying to body block or anything like that...Its a perk. Your being awarded a bonus you wouldnt normally get because you equiped a perk. BT should be used to get your teammates out of a tough situation, not for the sake of farming points. I want ppl to equip it so they can use it responsibly, not equip it so they can farm me guilt free. If the only reason you equip it is for farming unhooks...id rather stay on the hook.

  • What I find amusing is that the devs constantly want to "discourage" certain behavior such as camping and tunneling, by creating perks... but then redesign a killer to have the ability to negate the perk that does just that.

    Also: "Oblivious is a status effect applied to unfortunate Survivors that have no understanding that a Killer is nearby. "

    Oh sure, I can just see them behind me chasing me and waiting while my BT protection runs out. I think we do have a pretty good idea that the killer is nearby. 😉

    Just something isn't right.

  • Spirit was completely fine half a year ago. Freddy rework was really good one month ago. Why are the complains appearing now, right after the spirit nerf? Hmmm...

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872203#Comment_872203

    You cant control the actions of the killer, only yourself. In this case, what determines a safe unhook isnt the unhooker being sneaky or trying to body block or anything like that...Its a perk. Your being awarded a bonus you wouldnt normally get because you equiped a perk. BT should be used to get your teammates out of a tough situation, not for the sake of farming points. I want ppl to equip it so they can use it responsibly, not equip it so they can farm me guilt free. If the only reason you equip it is for farming unhooks...id rather stay on the hook.

    Then you just die on a hook. That's honestly your only other option, because if there was no safe rescue for using BT no one would even attempt it. And if they did, then you just go down immediately. No extra help at all, because if the killer wants you they want you and will ignore other survivors even if they try to protect you.

    So would you rather A) die on a hook, B) get saved and immediately go down and die anyway, or C) get saved and gain a free hit that you can use to actually run from the killer?

    I know you will say D) get saved without needing to worry about the killer, but this is honestly not always an option. In fact it rarely is, and when it is BT is irrelevant anyway.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    Spirit was completely fine half a year ago. Freddy rework was really good one month ago. Why are the complains appearing now, right after the spirit nerf? Hmmm...

    @FriendlyGuy

    Because the Oblivious change didn't come with the rework.

    Also, I wouldn't suggest looking far too deep into it. OP is only complaining about the oblivious portion, nothing else.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872236#Comment_872236

    @FriendlyGuy

    Because the Oblivious change didn't come with the rework.

    Also, I wouldn't suggest looking far too deep into it. OP is only complaining about the oblivious portion, nothing else.

    A nerf to his variety of builds and a buff to his hook game, that can be easily negated by just being awake. I don't get the point srsly.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872256#Comment_872256

    A nerf to his variety of builds and a buff to his hook game, that can be easily negated by just being awake. I don't get the point srsly.

    @FriendlyGuy

    Staying awake is pointless when he can just hit the person with BT and they enter the dreamworld, while their mend bar depletes WHILE they are being chased. That's what the point is.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872281#Comment_872281

    @FriendlyGuy

    Staying awake is pointless when he can just hit the person with BT and they enter the dreamworld, while their mend bar depletes WHILE they are being chased. That's what the point is.

    Still a free hit, but i don't considered that point. Maybe he needs a change, that the bar doesn't go down within his lullaby.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872290#Comment_872290

    Still a free hit, but i don't considered that point. Maybe he needs a change, that the bar doesn't go down within his lullaby.

    @FriendlyGuy

    You asked why the complaints now. I gave you an answer.

    Still a free hit? Yeah, only to be tunneled afterwards and have the survivor go down without hitting them again.

  • I think he needs really long stretchy arms outside his lunge.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872290#Comment_872290

    Still a free hit, but i don't considered that point. Maybe he needs a change, that the bar doesn't go down within his lullaby.

    I've had the exact scenario the op had. In my case it was endgame. I also finished the last gen right in front of him. I knew I was going to get camped. Which was fine. I got unhooked by someone with bt. He hit me before I could even move. I made my run for the gates. And nearly made it. The only reason I didn't is the deep wounds counter counted down. I don't mind that he got me. But it does feel unfair that he counters a perk without doing anything. I think bt should be distance based like MYC is.

  • If the killer is camping, just leave them. Do gens. Escape. Cut your losses and take your easy victory.

    Why people constantly feel the need to unhook in front of the killer, I'll never know.

  • Freddy is fine, the problem is Deep Wounds which would be obvious if you actually wanted to complain about the problem and not Freddy. This same strategy can be used on Ghostface, Pig, Mikey, even Wraith who can do this the best since he can instantly take away his TR.

    DW is such a big problem that Legion is forced to be weak he cannot be buffed without being too powerful because of DW. This was one of the biggest mistakes in the game so far, sure it sounded like an amazing and great idea and it is for the most part but the problem is that it comes from Borrowed Time which never designed to be a weapon so it is inherently too strong when it comes to the Killer using it.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872185#Comment_872185

    Did you not read the post? He also had the add-on so the obsession (me) could not be woken up.

    An ultra rare nobody uses because its trash..?

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872324#Comment_872324

    I've had the exact scenario the op had. In my case it was endgame. I also finished the last gen right in front of him. I knew I was going to get camped. Which was fine. I got unhooked by someone with bt. He hit me before I could even move. I made my run for the gates. And nearly made it. The only reason I didn't is the deep wounds counter counted down. I don't mind that he got me. But it does feel unfair that he counters a perk without doing anything. I think bt should be distance based like MYC is.

    Yeah. The devs said that they wanna change TR perks to distance.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872324#Comment_872324

    I've had the exact scenario the op had. In my case it was endgame. I also finished the last gen right in front of him. I knew I was going to get camped. Which was fine. I got unhooked by someone with bt. He hit me before I could even move. I made my run for the gates. And nearly made it. The only reason I didn't is the deep wounds counter counted down. I don't mind that he got me. But it does feel unfair that he counters a perk without doing anything. I think bt should be distance based like MYC is.

    That's why ds is better...you wouldve gotten away for free and freddy could do nothing

  • Okay but it adds to the point of the post. Use your reading comprehension skills.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872383#Comment_872383

    Okay but it adds to the point of the post. Use your reading comprehension skills.

    It really doesnt..one person being stuck with a slowdown is nothing..take dying light..its trash..truley is sadly..all because 1 survivor isnt affected and the numbers are too low..so 1 survivor getting hit with at most a 10 percent slow will not hurt the game even a little..especially when a brown toolbox can negate it and more

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872344#Comment_872344

    That's why ds is better...you wouldve gotten away for free and freddy could do nothing

    I suppose I could run DS on the chance that i have this problem. I prefer not to run perks that are one offs though.

    @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872344#Comment_872344

    Yeah. The devs said that they wanna change TR perks to distance.

    It would make it consistent. Which I'd much prefer.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872386#Comment_872386

    I suppose I could run DS on the chance that i have this problem. I prefer not to run perks that are one offs though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872384#Comment_872384

    It would make it consistent. Which I'd much prefer.

    Guess they want bt to be uncountable then..lovely

  • It's counter is not camping. In my example above Freddy was completely right to camp me. Hell if they made bt distance based rather than TR I'd say have it not active during egc.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872631#Comment_872631

    It's counter is not camping. In my example above Freddy was completely right to camp me. Hell if they made bt distance based rather than TR I'd say have it not active during egc.

    I'm speaking during end game..the killer already has no real power there..and if they change bt that way securing kills will be virtually impossible and turn bt into an even more brainless perk..the premise is good but it's easily abused

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872645#Comment_872645

    I'm speaking during end game..the killer already has no real power there..and if they change bt that way securing kills will be virtually impossible and turn bt into an even more brainless perk..the premise is good but it's easily abused

    Yeah I'd be fine with it deactivating during egc.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872344#Comment_872344

    Yeah. The devs said that they wanna change TR perks to distance.

    Do you have quotes on this? I'm curious because this will give unfair advantages to one side. If for example bt does become distance based, the survivor will know for a 100% fact that the killer is within x meters of them. Or lets say the devs never disabled the progress bar for bt on the killers screen, now the killer knows that you are near them, making it a new whispers. distance based perks only work if they are done to reveal something at a set distance.

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872384#Comment_872384

    Do you have quotes on this? I'm curious because this will give unfair advantages to one side. If for example bt does become distance based, the survivor will know for a 100% fact that the killer is within x meters of them. Or lets say the devs never disabled the progress bar for bt on the killers screen, now the killer knows that you are near them, making it a new whispers. distance based perks only work if they are done to reveal something at a set distance.

    Sadly i can't quote it, but i know for sure they said it for perks like Unnerving and Coulrophobia. Probably they will fix this problem in that patch too.


  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/873266#Comment_873266

    Sadly i can't quote it, but i know for sure they said it for perks like Unnerving and Coulrophobia. Probably they will fix this problem in that patch too.

    are you talking about the change where survivors don't know they are affected by the perk until they do the action it effects?

  • Debuff perks no longer appear on the Survivors in-game HUD until the debuff is applied. This is true for the following perks: Coulrophobia, Overwhelming Presence and Unnerving Presence. 

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/873796#Comment_873796

    are you talking about the change where survivors don't know they are affected by the perk until they do the action it effects?

    No, they said they know that things like distressing doc exist and that they wanna change tr perks to a fix range. SoonTm

  • The only change Freddy needs is to have his face look like the original Freddy.