When people slug the 3rd guy...

Played a round with a Doc, and about 50 seconds in it became one of those matches where you know your only shot of surviving is hatch because the other 3 survivors are bright as labradors...

Then the Doc slugs the third guy and patrols like mad and draaaaaggggggeeeeddd it out so much. Yes i avoided him and got the hatch (2 gens done total, both by me) but still so annoying.

Like "dude you stomped a 3k and you gotta drag the round out as long as possible?" Ugh.

Gotta say the hatch really is the saving grace or unless you have a solid SWF team this game would not be worth playing.

Comments

  • While I'm tempted to at least partly blame the game's emblem system for killers feeling like they need 4ks, especially in short matches, I find it pretty classless to slug for the 4k.

    I enjoy 4ks myself, but needlessly prolonging the game to get them seems like poor form to me.

  • Ill admit i do it if the teams toxic because i know the 4th probably found the hatch so i go find them and kill them then come back and grab the survivor and put them on the hook. I also had to do it to get evil incarnate to gurantee the 4th kill i killed the first 2 lunged the 3rd. Found the other survivor and killed him closed the hatch headed back and picked up the survivor let him wiggle then killed him. Evil incarnate.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    well maybe survivors should not slug the killers and maybe the killers won't slug the survivors anymore

    When a survivor slugs a killer they recover in 4 seconds. Do you play this game bruh?

  • How did the doc not find you with screaming

  • @Gravewalker200 said:

    How did the doc not find you with screaming

    Because i run calm spirit every single game. Otherwise doc rounds would be as fun as ingrown toenails.

  • The hatch shouldn't even exist like that in the first place. He also has to slug for the 4k if he doesn't want to depip because of how the ranking system is designed. Slugging like that isn't killers faults, it's simply them working with the terrible balance and system they have been dealt, they don't want to slug.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856447#Comment_856447

    Because i run calm spirit every single game. Otherwise doc rounds would be as fun as ingrown toenails.

    Not gonna lie, I read this message and died for about 10 seconds.

  • @Blueberry said:

    The hatch shouldn't even exist like that in the first place. He also has to slug for the 4k if he doesn't want to depip because of how the ranking system is designed. Slugging like that isn't killers faults, it's simply them working with the terrible balance and system they have been dealt, they don't want to slug.

    I invite you to play a game without hatch.

    It's called Killer Lobby Simulator. Go sit in it for 30 mins and enjoy!

  • Heaven forbid a Killer tries for a 4K, amirite? I mean dude, you already got the 3, so just let the last guy go! How selfish to actually try to get all 4! Just stop trying after 3..

    Better yet, stop after 2! I mean, you got the 2K! Going for 3 is just RUDE and Killers are only meant to get 2, so stop trying at 2!

    Or at 1! I mean, once you've hooked 1 person, the match is basically over! That 1 person is not having fun, and it'd be sweaty to try for 2! How rude can Killers be, trying to ruin the fun for TWO whole players!? Just be happy you hooked one person and go stand in a corner!

    Or maybe 0! I mean, the first person hooked is being removed from the game unfairly! They did not get to earn allot of BP, so how can you Killers hook that first person!? How can you keep them from playing the game and still sleep at night!? Just stop hooking people alltogether! Be a cool guy and don't hook anyone!

  • U-N-B-R-E-A-K-A-B-L-E

    BT

    SMALL GAME

    WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER

    That's my solo loadout

  • Dude Labradors are smarter than most players in this game; that is an unfair and awful thing to say about Labradors...unless you mean fellow people from Newfoundland in which case, please continue xD

  • @Xboned said:

    While I'm tempted to at least partly blame the game's emblem system for killers feeling like they need 4ks, especially in short matches, I find it pretty classless to slug for the 4k.

    I enjoy 4ks myself, but needlessly prolonging the game to get them seems like poor form to me.

    This. I don't slug after a 15 minutes match, but i slug after a 5 minutes match.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856457#Comment_856457

    I invite you to play a game without hatch.

    It's called Killer Lobby Simulator. Go sit in it for 30 mins and enjoy!

    I play solo survivor as well and I don't need a crutch freebie escape because my team played badly. That would be a level of entitlement.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    U-N-B-R-E-A-K-A-B-L-E

    BT

    SMALL GAME

    WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER

    That's my solo loadout

    LOL guy number 3 who got slugged actually had unbreakable!

    All the killer salt in this thread, i put it on my steaks. 😃 so good!

  • Stomped a 3k

    If he did so well, how come he's not allowed a 4k?

    I don't like the idea of the second to last survivor getting slugged, but don't blame the killer for bad game design.

  • Killers have every right to play for a 4k IMO. Simple.

  • Umm, I think it's spiteful gameplay tbh. The hatch is there because it's meant to be a 50/50 the survivor will find it and get out. Or the killer will and close it.

    However being spiteful does not mean the killer is wrong todo so. It just means they are spiteful.

  • Labradors are smart animals, okay? rude.

  • @TAG said:

    Killers have every right to play for a 4k IMO. Simple.

    Just like survivors have every right to bring 4 green toolboxes and 4 DS and teabag at the exit gates.

  • @Thrrun said:

    Umm, I think it's spiteful gameplay tbh. The hatch is there because it's meant to be a 50/50 the survivor will find it and get out. Or the killer will and close it.

    However being spiteful does not mean the killer is wrong todo so. It just means they are spiteful.

    And many people have told you you are wrong and it's not spiteful.

    Stop this obvious shaming, man. It's getting really pitiful.

  • @toxic_clown said:

    Labradors are smart animals, okay? rude.

    Man i was playing a round last night against a freddy... 4 gens got done. I did all 4 myself, literally. Freddy found me on the last and i was like FML and hit quit game and put on Black Ops 2.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/859183#Comment_859183

    Be quiet no one cares. Go cry about toolboxes and hatchs and keys or whatever.

    Rofl. Whats wrong? Get downed for being bad, blamed everyone but yourself while DCing, and then come here to treat people like garbage?

  • @MightyDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/859190#Comment_859190

    Rofl. Whats wrong? Get downed for being bad, blamed everyone but yourself while DCing, and then come here to treat people like garbage?

    Hmm i did 4/4 gens myself and was 80% with the last. If thats not top notch survivor then nothing is.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/859205#Comment_859205

    Hmm i did 4/4 gens myself and was 80% with the last. If thats not top notch survivor then nothing is.

    Could also be pure lies. Which I'm inclined to think, when you stomp into a thread and attack someone for no reason.

    But sure, you're a pro Survivor. If you say so.

  • Dude. I was talking to someone who's been trying to shame people who don't play a certain way, and you've been attacking me. Chillax.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856901#Comment_856901

    Just like survivors have every right to bring 4 green toolboxes and 4 DS and teabag at the exit gates.

    Good. Glad we agree.

  • If you can't handle the possibility that every single game literally has the chance to end this way, don't play.

  • @MightyDwight said:

    Heaven forbid a Killer tries for a 4K, amirite? I mean dude, you already got the 3, so just let the last guy go! How selfish to actually try to get all 4! Just stop trying after 3..

    Better yet, stop after 2! I mean, you got the 2K! Going for 3 is just RUDE and Killers are only meant to get 2, so stop trying at 2!

    Or at 1! I mean, once you've hooked 1 person, the match is basically over! That 1 person is not having fun, and it'd be sweaty to try for 2! How rude can Killers be, trying to ruin the fun for TWO whole players!? Just be happy you hooked one person and go stand in a corner!

    Or maybe 0! I mean, the first person hooked is being removed from the game unfairly! They did not get to earn allot of BP, so how can you Killers hook that first person!? How can you keep them from playing the game and still sleep at night!? Just stop hooking people alltogether! Be a cool guy and don't hook anyone!

    Slugging for a 4K is fine. Running around the whole map and spending 20 minutes looking for the last guy is unnecessary. Take the 3k at that point. It’s not worth it

  • The killer didn't drag the game out, you did.