Stop complaining about nerfing survivors.
Just stop I'm sick of seeing salty survivor mains upset because the devs are nerfing survivors too much. All they're doing is making it fair for the killer half of you rely on crutches to get out such as DS and other OP perks well think about what that does to the killer. It makes them want to rage quit and smash something if they're bullied by toxic SWF and anyone in general. This game has been going in the right direction ever since BHVR broke away from Starbreeze. As someone who plays both killer and survivor when I play survivor do I like the changes maybe not, but do I agree with them yes everyone should have fun in this game. The only thing I think should be adjusted after the DS and Hatch nerf is the flashlights or addons for the flashlight. Survivors shouldn't have an extra chance unless they're bad at the game.
Comments
I've played Survivor this patch and haven't died yet. I'm using a stealth build too, not even the meta.
The changes were very minor but it's a step in the right direction.
Git gud.
Also Killers have their crutches too, but you seem to only want to focus on the survivor ones. Totally not biased I see.
Lol, no Killer perk is as good as the Survivor perks are.
Feel free to list any Killer perk that's a 'crutch' and I will shoot them down. Go on, I dare you to.
NoED.
A perk that can be broken before it ever actually sees use, and the only way this perk actually works is if you play like an idiot. Get the totems before you power the last generator, if not, at best one person is going to die from it unless you play badly.
Keep going.
Not to mention NOED is our only counter to borrowed time once the exit gates are powered, but yeah please do go on.
Well if we're gonna go on your logic flashlights are countered by staring at a wall, no?
Or is it inconvenient for something you disagree with to actually have a counter so you say it's unfair.
Walls are not guaranteed to be everywhere you down Survivors. Some maps (Coldwind Farm maps in particular) have almost no walls to speak of.
Keep going.
This is not about flashlights. This is about Killer perks being dogshit in comparison to Survivors, and Survivors don't even need to run perks to win.
No Killer perk is a crutch, I've never seen Survivor perks have a hardcounter that prevent them from being used entirely. All Killer perks can be countered to some degree.
maybe he focuses on them because they are the ones complaining atm? look at the steam reviews from yesterday
Well now the pick up speed is too fast for a survivor to even get around the killer to flashlight save so...
Keep going?
Not true, many players have had flashlight saves performed on us and by us. Let's go back to the point, though, which is Killer perks being weaker than Survivor perks. Don't change the subject again.
Where was he the months before the patch dropped when it was killers doing all the complaining? Not around? That wouldn't surprise me. Anyone who's played this game for more than a few patch cycles should know one or both killers and survivors will ALWAYS be complaining about nerfs.
Always.
Killers complain about nerfs while being the weaker side. Survivors complain about nerfs while being the stronger side. The two sides are not equal.
Nobody said they're equal.
You can cleanse totems, just saying
So pointing out that Killers complain about nerfs is just a red herring? If not, how does it relate to Survivors complaining about their deserved nerfs?
About the only crutch perk you could argue for killers is ruin, and you know exactly why it's needed.
Can be broken instantaneously after the beginning of a match. I played a match of clown where I looked around for the totem. Was on the other side of the map in plain sight. Was almost there when I see a Claudette jump on it. These totem spots need fixing.
complaining isnt bad, if you provide valid balance arguments for why you complain.
but look at the steam review. 1 day in to the patch and survivors have flooded it with negativity.
i have seen very very few survivors give any real valid reason as to why this is a bad patch except they dislike that its now harder.
Only if the Survivor has nerve damage. The success zone is ######### enormous.
Yes, but the difference between walls to counter flashlights and DS, is that those wall aren't always an option. Sure, you might miss DS, but that is entirely on you and not something the killer can have much control over.
So play one Killer and have 2 perk slots to soften the blow from a single perk. You don't see how that might show a balance problem?
It's a hyperbole. The success zone is too big to miss unless you're distracted by something else, or have some form of impairment, or your space bar/controller craps out on you (could happen).
It's not a dilemma. Killers don't pick the spots where Survivors end up before they're downed, nor do they make Survivors miss skill checks.
Despite the totem being found in 12 seconds even, that is still twelve seconds of no gen rushing and people scrambling to find it.
Time is literally so precious we'll take any amount of distraction versus an immediate gen rush.
Except Survivors don't scramble to find it, because it's basically irrelevant.
Did I just hear get gud and DS in the same sentence
Please dont make the great skill checks argument, I've heard it so many times and yet I still see high rank games where nobody "powers through with great skill checks"
It does happen occasionally, but it doesn't happen every game and it rarely happens even still with a single person on a genny.
Noed is not a crutch, it is a gamble. They stake a perk slot for the majority of the game for a payout at endgame. No one ever remembers that a Killer running NOED is only running three perks to battle the first part of the game.
So no its not a crutch, its a calculated risk. Survivors are the ones that allow NOED to be a thing. If they would slow down their gen rushing and pop a few totems then NOED never manifest.
NOED has also been twice nerfed into its current state, get over the damn perk already. You know it exists and you know how to stop it, its on survivors to look for those totems during the match.
I know right! There's BBQ and Chili, and NOED, and...
uh...
and...
um...
BBQ and Chili... you mean the perk designed to get Killers to not camp and give incentive to chase others. That BBQ and Chili? The solution to the problem that survivors were constantly complaining was an issue and still do to this day. and Read above for NOED.
I know, I know, I'm just saying those are the closest things Killers got to a crutch.
Sorry man, I misread the tone of your post, Cheers!!
^
I rest my case.
Before I say anything else... I agree with the direction the game is heading. Survivors need a few more nerfs, SC, DS, SB, and gen rushing. However, please do not forget that many times survivors get put with idiots that dc, give you away, sandbag you, get downed within 3 seconds of a chase, and many many more issues.
When it comes to SWF survivors need heavy nerfs, when it comes to soloq... not so much.
Devs need to be careful about how much they nerf survivors.
EX:
Just today I managed to lose the killer and while being sneaky and putting some distance between him and me I stumble with a Feng. I run SC, but since letting someone else heal you is faster and you can be nice and let them get a few points I decided to let the Feng heal me... Worse thing I could've done, she misses a skill-check gets me found and killed.
its a constant in life, just like the sunrise
So in roughly 5 billion years they'll stop complaining?