Survivors should not get punished -->
Survivors should not get punished because of other survivors DC'ing. I just started playing this game on the 2nd ann. and I am currently rank 2-3. It seems like the higher ranked ppl DC alot more than the lower ranks. Out of the past 5 games 3 of them had 2+ survivors DC and 1 had 1 survivor DC causing the remaining survivors unable to even earn a safety pip.
So... what I suggest is add a system where if a Survivor DC's other survivors are awarded aswell or something. Atleast give us a safety pip. This is a 1v4 game and as soon as someone DC's the survivors get put at a disadvantage and the killers don't even care. They will just kill you, tunnel you, and camp you because they know you are down 1-2 people.
Comments
First of all, don't blame Killers for doing their job. Many of us used to go easy on Survivors with multiple DCs, and we got nothing but abuse from them as a reward. You can blame your fellow Survivors for Killers not going easy on you.
Second of all, this would be incredibly easy for SWF to abuse.
I'm not blaming the killers for anything. I only stated what they do. How would sfw abuse this? Think about it.... 2 people DC' those 2 ppl lose 3 pips each. The remaining 2 shouldn't lose a pip and be given a safety pip unless they did what is required to gain a pip regularly. I see no way to abuse this.
Survivor loses a objective aswell. I can't get my altruistic points. 3rd emblem for survivors... to do altruistic actions. And if there are only 2 ppl in the game and the hooked survivor is getting camped why should I risk a unsafe unhook? that would just make me lose altruistic emblem points.
Because they DC in an exploitative manner that does not cause them to lose pips. That's why you see it so often in high ranks - they don't want to drop in rank nor give the Killer the kill.
So what should I do to avoid getting in games with people who DC? The game is not fun when you are down 2 teammates from DC in the first 3 minutes.
That's like asking to avoid oxygen molecules. They're in every multiplayer game. You're just going to have to learn to deal with it.
How can I reset my ranking to play with rank 15-7's? barely any1 dc'd in that area.
Can't. However, given what you've said here, you're headed there anyway, so just keep playing.
lol, I play this game with one hand and am alrdy rank 2 in less than a month. I don't see myself getting deranked to 15-7 unless I do intentionally. I plan on hitting rank 1 with both killer and survivor only using 1 hand to show ppl how ez this game is or maybe im just that God tier of a player
thnks for ur input tho.
Going to rank 1 solo is way more difficult than rank1 with swf... I can tell the skill difference between solo players and swf. The swf players are garbage.
You said you weren't piping because you couldn't get points. I assumed you were losing pips in these games where others DC'd.
Well, it does happen since I'm a very altruistic player unless it comes down to the end of the game where there is only 2 survivors left and 1 is hooked with the killer "camp roaming" ( basically just patrolling around the hooked target <42 meters away) as I call it. Still, this is what happens.... 2 ppl dc, killer hooks 1 guy and camp roams.... doesn't matter what you do your not gonna get any emblem points for altruism if u unhook ur teammate and the killer downs them in 10 seconds.
I'd have to extend the game to 9+ mins doing a 1v1 with the killer and I would have to do at least 2 gens solo and i would have to get chased and escaped chase for 1+ min to get a safety pip at the least without any altruistic points or escaping the map.
Have you ever tried doing that? lol, just to keep ur pip bcuz ur teammates dc'd on you.....
There's a SWF group in 70% of lobbies.
I haven't, because I don't care about pips. I just want to escape.
It's like playing with rank 15-20's that only got to rank 1-4 because of DCing. Ruins it for ppl who got rank 1-4 the legit way.
YES, I always t-bag EVERY killer after ONE face camps me! Top plays!!!
Of course the team is punished if one of the team members DCs. Its like that in any teamgame, even in IRL.
What needs to be done is introduce punishments to PREVENT Dcing int eh first time.
Oh and if you give the other survivors sth if someone else DCs, then this system can easily be abused by SWF.
Yeah if we remove SWF, then I woudl be fine with your suggestion
Well, we can make it so it only applies to solo q ppl by entering the game through play as survivor. So if i enter a game solo with 3 other solo players or 2-3 swf it will apply to me and other solo's but not the swf.
ex. 2 solo q, 2 swf q. both swf dc b4 getting hooked twice or something = safety pip or something for the 2 solo q's.
ex. 2 solo q, 2 swf q. 1 solo q dc's and 1 swf dc's, only the solo q'd person would recieve the safety pip or buff or w/e.
etc. etc.
I don't get how killers wouldn't like a system like this? They would get more points and it would promote more solo q's and less dc's.
Unless you're one of those killers that can only win when you're versin 3 or less ppl.
One thing you might not know is lots of survivors or swf don't care about the other survivors and don't play as a team and are only in it for themselves. Need to find a way to promote more team play for survivors.
I've only played for less than a month and I alrdy know this.
yea, that used to happen at the lower ranks a lot.... you never see that at the higher ranks.
How do killers get more points from a DCing survivor?
A DC always means loss of BP and killers (most of them) are addon dependent, ya know.....
3v1 shoudnt even be a thing. bhvr needs to fix this bs.
Being in a swf group doesn't make you not depip at all and in fact you can depip by 2 if you do.
We are trying to prevent survivors from DCing... you have to read it properly.
Have you watched any streams? Survivors are DCing on purpose to derank. BHVR won’t do anything unless your DC/played game ratio exceeds 80%. It is unlikely that anything will be done, as any compensation changes would be abused.
Having them not keeping the bloodpoint they had when dcing and the item they had in hand would be a good start to disincentivize dcing
Just saying...
I liked an idea from another thread, wherein people who DC'd would lose one perk they had equipped, and so would have to purchase it from the bloodweb again.
Because person B is ruining the game for everyone else.
Survivors can DC at the third hook simply screwing killers out of points and not hurting their team at all. This idea would be easily abused. All they need to do is start punishing people who DC to cut down on the amount of times it happens. No one should be rewarded for a DC and only the person who DCed should be punished.
I agree with the OP,> @Dragonredking said:
I think implementing these two ideas would be enough to stop DCs. The current problem with DCs is that there's no punishment for the ones who do it. What is more, they keep their items. Maybe it would be too extreme with just one DC, because you could have had a problem in real life. However, it could be done so people who DC twice or three times a week get this punishment.
Any time a survivor dc's it is not only detrimental to their team but to the killer as well. And whether or not I'm nice to the ones that remain depends on the level of toxicity I've received up to that point.
We don't? A decent connection is as much a requirement for proper online PvP as any piece of hardware. If your connection is so bad that you disconnecting involuntarily is a regular occurrence, you are ruining the game for everyone else, and need to play within your own limitations.
Me and a friend of mine loaded into a match where 2 dc'd at the start of the match and had 4 gens to do and we managed to power on the gates and 1 of us (me) escaped. If that doesn't scream imbalance and bs, idk what does. So in other words, no you don't need compensation for crappy teammates and if you don't want to die, learn from your mistakes in the past and utilize the knowledge gained to improve your performance. Just give it time and do your best. I don't mean to sound like a class A jerk but as a Killer main that's toughed out the survivor biased balance since before Nurse came out, I'm just short fused on anything that has to do with only helping survivors and not helping the overall balance. Now just because I'm a Killer main doesn't mean I want the game to be killer favored. Trust me I don't. I want fun and intense matches. Not ezpz boring matches. Like I hate when the season restarts because I get paired up with nooby survs and I usually have to slow myself down or else 3 of them are in the basement and the last one is in a bear trap 5 minutes into the match. I hate that because I know I'm ruining their enjoyment and as a Killer that had to deal with all the survivor toxicity bread by all the crutches they were given throughout the lifetime of the game, I know the pain and I hate distributing it back. It just feels wrong.
I am like that as killer. It sucks for both sides so i let them pallet slam me so i can destroy the pallets. I try to hook both twice without scarign them off but let them get out with both parties having enough BP to hopefully offset getting screwed.