Thoughts about the new chapter 14 teaser

Share your thoughts below.

My thoughts - oh nooo it's revisiting a chapter which already exists so it's gonna be really basic and nothing too exciting.

Hoping for the Oni as I initially wanted that when we got spirit.

Comments

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832605#Comment_832605

    How am I supposed to read out sarcasm in a straight forward sentence without any hints? Well, then I take my response back, I really thought you are serious.

    lol no hard feelers

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832585#Comment_832585

    Again, sarcasm.

    I won't play more survivor than I have to in order to complete the challenges. I don't enjoy the role so no, I won't try to get better at it.

    Kind of like being forced to play a healer role when you'd rather play DPS.

    Besides, it's a pretty well known fact that the survivor role is easier than the killer role.

    This is evidenced by how many streamers play survivor in order to interact with their chat easily.

    Both sides have easy and hard matches, but as a whole I believe that the majority of the playerbase would agree that survivors have more easy matches than killers do.

    Also, the reason why streamers are playing survivor a lot is because it's less stressful (many parts of just holding M1 allows chat interaction). However, less stressful doesn't necessarily mean easier. Playing Nurse for example was extremely stressful (at least for me), but it was much easier playing Nurse than versing Nurse. You know what I mean? Don't get me wrong, in general killer is more difficult (especially against swf). But I can see where you coming from tho

  • Im pretty sure we are gonna get rin as surv when she was alive and oni the demon as killer

  • New Killer, gonna call him Oni for now, may have an ability related to blood since that was focused on. Maybe his ability is related to tracking? Not to many Tracking Killers so I think it would be a nice addition.

  • Not excited at all.

    I'm hoping I'm terribly mistake and the trailer is a massive red herring to what the content will be, but if it is what we all think it is, I *might* only buy it with shards of available, not spending money on it.

  • I think its gonna be a demon (oni) killer and the new map could be a new layout for yamaoka estate. Would make sense why they would show the map in the trailer.

  • The only positive thing about new chapter is you can buy it with shards. I dislike spirit and anything related to her.

  • @TatsuiChiyo said:

    New Killer, gonna call him Oni for now, may have an ability related to blood since that was focused on. Maybe his ability is related to tracking? Not to many Tracking Killers so I think it would be a nice addition.

    I think so. A lot of the themes from the First Cut GIF and this new trailer appear in the lore entry for the Yamaoka map.

    The estate was bought by the first of the Yamaoka, a shipwreck survivor, who came from a distant ashy island. He washed ashore just as political tensions sparked the flames of war.

    Yamaoka joined the battlefield and unleashed hell on his foes. No one could match the raw fury of his Katana, which elevated him to a legend. They say his devilish mask haunted the dreams of all men.

    His fame grew as he spilled blood on both sides of the conflict. With power came wealth, which he used to buy the estate and begin his legacy.

    The katana is missing on the Yamaoka map following the GIF teaser, the mask and blood are in this new one- and don't forget, the leaked audio and coding for the Ch.14 killer, AKA Sweden, states that he has a 'normal' and 'crazy' phase. Crazy could easily mean a bloodlusted warrior.

  • Not really hyped. Probably gonna be a low-tier killer with a decent perk or two.

    Also kind of boring that we're getting another Killer from the same line as the Spirit. What's the point? Ought to do something new instead.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832243#Comment_832243

    There are problems with your argument.

    Firstly, if she is the most played then that is indeed a problem, but not for the reason you listed. If she is the only killer doing well in red ranks to such a degree that should tell you the rest of the trash cast needs to be brought up to her level instead of her sinking to theirs. It's only a matter of time if this continues until all killers actually capable of even 2king at red ranks are so bad or frustrating to use no one is going to play killer seriously and eventually the ranking system will fully collapse as people derank left and right to even get games that are over in 3 minutes.

    Secondly, she feels VERY different. If you did not play her a lot before the changes I expect you not to see the nuances that are destroyed by the changes. Running across the map in a straight line without even attempting to break LOS as the MAIN COUNTER for her now is all you really need to hear to see that the changes are serve. She can't do mind games anymore because the cooldown punishes you for it, you blink at least half as much or LESS than before the changes (>50% is not a SLIGHT change), she still has addons that are garbage and will never see use outside of memes, I mean there are just so many things wrong with the way a cooldown interacts with her power.

    Thirdly, she was strong. But she required a LOT of work and skill to actually be effective. She was an incredible model of skill:reward. If you had a lot of skill you got a lot of reward. Now even if you have a lot of skill all it does is make the match less annoying and frustrating. It still isn't fun or cool.

    Sure, Omega blink should have been nerfed (and it's current version isn't too bad, but the base kit change on top of it ruins anything you can do with it) NOT HER BASE KIT. It took skill, had counters, and was F-U-N.

    Now the best way to play against her is to do what used to get you killed against her: RUN IN A STRAIGHT LINE.

    Look, I don't think they should have nerfed her base kit, nor do I agree with the "nerf strong killers" mentality (weaker killers should definitely be buffed instead to diversify the meta), but Nurse is a special case.

    Nurse was S-tier at base and SS-tier with certain add-ons. Her add-ons definitely needed to be changed, I'm sure we agree on that. I don't think they handled it well, and I feel like they gave her two different reworks that don't really work with each other. Still, she's not "destroyed" like people say. I could be convinced that she's not the best killer anymore, but her ability to ignore most defenses survivors have still put her on another level from most killers.

    Also, are you sure running in a straight line counters her? The only time I've seen that work is with the two add-ons that make your blinks worse. And it definitely doesn't work with the recharge add-ons, which make her power almost identical to original nurse (which are only green + yellow, which you can easily get more of each game. I've been almost exclusively using the same green and yellow add-ons on Myers for a long time now and I don't even spend all of the BP I get from him on his bloodweb).

    Again, I liked going against Nurse before the changes, and she definitely got needlessly nerfed, but she's still high-tier. I'm just tired of people saying she's "destroyed" or "trash" or "C-tier", because that's complete nonsense.

  • New Killer: The Great Grandpappy

    Power: Back in My Day

  • There's nothing really to speculate about. We know the map where he comes from, we know his backstory, and we have a decent enough idea of his power from leaks. Those are the things we speculate about and its absent.

    The only thing I'm interested in from this chapter is pre-Spirit Rin as the survivor.

  • New Killer - The Boomer

    Power - Ignorant comments and alienation of younger generations.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    New Killer - The Boomer

    Power - Ignorant comments and alienation of younger generations.

    Hmm, not bad but how about

    Power: Sprays Survivors with Monster Energy Zero Ultra

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832297#Comment_832297

    Look, I don't think they should have nerfed her base kit, nor do I agree with the "nerf strong killers" mentality (weaker killers should definitely be buffed instead to diversify the meta), but Nurse is a special case.

    Nurse was S-tier at base and SS-tier with certain add-ons. Her add-ons definitely needed to be changed, I'm sure we agree on that. I don't think they handled it well, and I feel like they gave her two different reworks that don't really work with each other. Still, she's not "destroyed" like people say. I could be convinced that she's not the best killer anymore, but her ability to ignore most defenses survivors have still put her on another level from most killers.

    Also, are you sure running in a straight line counters her? The only time I've seen that work is with the two add-ons that make your blinks worse. And it definitely doesn't work with the recharge add-ons, which make her power almost identical to original nurse (which are only green + yellow, which you can easily get more of each game. I've been almost exclusively using the same green and yellow add-ons on Myers for a long time now and I don't even spend all of the BP I get from him on his bloodweb).

    Again, I liked going against Nurse before the changes, and she definitely got needlessly nerfed, but she's still high-tier. I'm just tired of people saying she's "destroyed" or "trash" or "C-tier", because that's complete nonsense.

    Mechanically wise I guess she's still close to high A tier.

    On the fun spectrum though she's a hard Freddy tier. (Old Freddy)

    I'm glad we agree the addons were the only thing in need of changing, and that they did that poorly too. For running in a straight line, yes it does work sadly. And if you're about to catch up they can always fake running one way and double back while you recharge. The counterplay went from it's intended hard to do, to an AWFUL gracious and easy to accomplish manner.

    In the last few games before I uninstalled, survivors weren't doing ANYTHING but running in a straight line to the other side of the map, avoiding generators as well as they could. It completely worked, it took at least 4~5 blinks to actually get within decent range of them, and then another 2~7 depending on how much junk they could loop around during the cooldown.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832795#Comment_832795

    Mechanically wise I guess she's still close to high A tier.

    On the fun spectrum though she's a hard Freddy tier. (Old Freddy)

    I'm glad we agree the addons were the only thing in need of changing, and that they did that poorly too. For running in a straight line, yes it does work sadly. And if you're about to catch up they can always fake running one way and double back while you recharge. The counterplay went from it's intended hard to do, to an AWFUL gracious and easy to accomplish manner.

    In the last few games before I uninstalled, survivors weren't doing ANYTHING but running in a straight line to the other side of the map, avoiding generators as well as they could. It completely worked, it took at least 4~5 blinks to actually get within decent range of them, and then another 2~7 depending on how much junk they could loop around during the cooldown.

    I loved playing old freddy :P

  • I hope it's Rin's dad weirdly enough. As a Surv, Rin's mom. I'm only really wanting that cause I like Rin's backstory and wanna know more

  • I'm optimistic about the new killer honestly.

  • I know a few people did, and there was certainly fun builds to run on it, but as a whole it was bad and in need of fixing like he got. He was a rare case of a killer being brought up instead of down.

  • I love the idea and them tying into an existing chapter is really awesome, plus I'm sure the second level of the Yamaoka state will be open or maybe a new section entirely. I understood the trailer instantly, I can't wait to the PTB to actually know what we're dealing.

  • Spirit crawling to the PTB to get nerfed to survivor status.

    image.gif


  • I'll tell you the thing I'm most excited about. There is no way this is licensed content! That means those of use that have been saving shards will get the next chapter free! As far as what the killer will be like it's pretty much anyone's guess.

    Oni (鬼) are a kind of yōkai, ogre, or troll in Japanese folklore. They are typically portrayed as hulking figures with one or more horns growing out of their heads. Stereotypically, they are conceived of as red, blue or green-colored, wearing loincloths of tiger pelt, and carrying iron kanabō clubs.

    According to this article Oni are hulking demon like creatures that often wear loin cloths that use giant spiked metal clubs.

  • Gonna go with rin as survivor (being pulled from time by the entity), and her father as an oni killer. Would be cool actually

  • @Star99er said:

    Spirit crawling to the PTB to get nerfed to survivor status.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/597/FWBY4WXGGGH6.gif

    Ha not as easy as it looks

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I'll tell you the thing I'm most excited about. There is no way this is licensed content! That means those of use that have been saving shards will get the next chapter free! As far as what the killer will be like it's pretty much anyone's guess.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni

    According to this article Oni are hulking demon like creatures that often wear loin cloths that use giant spiked metal clubs.

    Some of them, in some renditions I've seen some of them have chain sickles, whatever that blade is in the picture above, and Katana's

1 2 ›