Why do killers facecamp

I'm nowhere near new to dead by daylight, I've had my fair share of terrible games. I play on the ps4, and I just finished a game with a salty hillbilly player. I get people play how the want to and that's fine, but this guy had no reason to camp me nor to slug me.

Let me explain...

On Autohaven, one of my teamates gets found straight away, so I was hoping tp flashlight save them but he had infectious fright on. Therefore he begins chasing me but gives up due to me pallet looping him, he goes back to pick up the guy, luckily I get there quickly to flashlight save them. Unfortunately they get downed again and i can't save them, they get hooked in the basement. The other two also get caught and put in the basement too, so it's just me. I loop him around the shack for a bit, without the god pallet because it was used early.

I manage to save one of the players, the other two died on hook. I get hooked, and he just facecamps me until I'm in struggle, the player from early saves me but I get tunnelled and then slugged because of my ds. So I just dcd out of frustration.

How is that fair? Why the facecamp? Because I looped him for a bit and flashlighted him? I don't understand it.

(Also he messaged me calling me a crybaby? What? Haha)

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • The game supports face camping as a valid tactic which you can punish via doing gens borrowed time (unless vs leatherbutt or sweaterboy) other reasons fall to the survivor being toxic or the killer just felt like it plenty of killers don't fc if u get camped waste their time and move on it's a game if you DC on hook from that you give the killer a freebie and you deserve a ban hammer for dcing at all but this ge rarely DC bans so w/e

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/831954#Comment_831954

    Someone DC's so you go out of your way to message them crybaby to be childish and a dick back. Grow up.

    Welcome to the DBD community

  • That's not a good excuse to be a dick to someone.

  • 2 dead, 1 free, saved by you. They’ve all been hooked, but you’re on your first.

    If I were playing Killer, I would pretty well assume you had Deliverance. That’s probably why he camped until you reached phase 2. It sounds like strategy to me.

  • What?

    The fact that this happened to me when I didn't DC and when I have DC'd, yeah this is actually the best excuse!

  • @baron said:

    Dc in that case. Devs appear to support face camping so not much other option for you. I dont think you did anything wrong.

    lmao pussy, he just said he facecamps in the end game collapse to confirm a kill, a lot of killers do that, if you get hit during end game its your fault ( unless they have noed of course )

  • I mean, the Billy facecamped when there were only 2 people left alive and until the struggle phase. Since the other player got the save, it would seem after getting in the struggle phase, the killer went at least a bit away. And with only 2 people left, the killer would either choose to target the topic creator or the other guy, so I don't see why that is tunneling. And after everything, just DC'ing is a win for the killer anyway.

  • Because it works

    If you get 2 survivors going for the unhook it means there is a chance only 1 is fixing gens

    And you got 3 survivors not doing their goals which slows down the game and makes the killer win


    Facecamping only works if you allow them to!

  • @JakeLovesHuntress said:

    I don't understand how am I crybaby for disconnecting, I put a perk on to use it not to waste it. He was salty at me for a stupid reason, then messaged me because I disconnected. Of course I'll be frustrated if I don't get to use my perk, it's a waste of a perk slot...

    Any killer that has basic game knowledge will assume you have ds and slug you, so it's presumably always going to be a wasted perk slot unless you're just playing in bad ranks. In that case, you should expect at least a little facecamping because people are toxic and don't understand being a decent player. Just how it is

  • When my son plays he facecamps.

    Sometimes it's the only way a killer can be assured of a kill, while it's not fun for the person on the hook, it usually means that everyone else can go about their business.

    If I'm the one being face camped, honestly I hate when I see the other survivors just crouching near me waiting....like he hasn't left, go do some gens while you got the time, or dont complain that you couldnt get out when you had ample time to do so.

  • I don't camp. Ever. Not even during EGC. Hope we get matched against each other one day. I'm all about everyone enjoying the game

  • There are multiple types of campers, but face campers tend to be toxic or salty for their own reasons, although there are some face campers that do it to secure their kill, because of the fear of never finding them after they are unhooked, I always play as the Hag so I don't have to face camp because of my phantasm traps. Because of my tactic, I tend to go out of my way to teleport back to the trap, which causes survivors to get salty or sad. I know this is the Hag's version of face camping, but I can't help it after one survivor in my previous matches as different killers always escapes because of the failure of crossing the map fast enough.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    Sounds like you had a salty player. I've found that killers you really annoy and essentially stop them getting their kills easy will make you their one and only target and they'll make sure you don't leave alive. I've had moments where a certain player has pushed my buttons and I've hunted them down, but I've never felt the need to camp. I don't agree with the 'It's a playstyle' excuse of camping. How is it fair for anyone if they don't get a chance to be rescued and continue playing. Of course, the usual killer mains will disagree with my opinion but that's how I see it

    Me too

  • *Gets into struggle-phase*

    *Dc's instead of just not struggling*

    😂😂😂

  • @jeyers said:

    Farming salty comments on their steam profile as some sort of achievemnt, say gg and dont post on their profiles.

    I do this, but it's because I genuinely play super clean like 95% of the time. My steam comments is like a thread of survivors accusing me of being a tunneler, camper, mori'er, baby killer, and then other survivors saying that they're all just salty losers.

  • @Johnble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832036#Comment_832036

    Well, you basically weren't going to get your way so you quit. Pretty common knowledge that the community for this games frowns upon disconnecting especially when you've clearly lost because you got hooked. You robbed that killer of a kill. Why do you think disconnects can get you banned?

    so you’re telling me killers don’t get banned for being an ######### and face camping? Continue to stab me? or face camp from a far so no one can save me? he had every right to disconnect. why is it fair to killers to be petty cause they’re losing the one match to be an #########? if you’re gonna be petty i’ll disconnect. your ass won’t get the win. I play on mobile and ps4 and just now I was at the exit opening the gate and there was another survivor. You think the killer goes for them? No picks me up and camps me and stabs me so i disconnected the app cause it wasn’t fun. But i get banned for leaving and he doesn’t? nah i’ll disconnect and wait the 30 seconds

  • @floatycrownythingss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832540#Comment_832540

    so you’re telling me killers don’t get banned for being an ######### and face camping? Continue to stab me? or face camp from a far so no one can save me? he had every right to disconnect. why is it fair to killers to be petty cause they’re losing the one match to be an #########? if you’re gonna be petty i’ll disconnect. your ass won’t get the win. I play on mobile and ps4 and just now I was at the exit opening the gate and there was another survivor. You think the killer goes for them? No picks me up and camps me and stabs me so i disconnected the app cause it wasn’t fun. But i get banned for leaving and he doesn’t? nah i’ll disconnect and wait the 30 seconds

    Killers that DC get the same punishment... Quitting because "its unfair" is the equivalent of taking your basketball home so nobody else can play because your team lost. Suck it up and finish the match and move on to the next one especially if you already played the whole match.

  • The same reason scammers still send out, "Nigerian Prince" emails.

    Because people pay it off.

  • @Almo said:

    I'll give one example.

    Gate is open (or certainly 99% by now). One Survivor on the hook.

    It's the smart play in that case, so I do it. We have some really fun hook-trade fights in those instances. :)

    or its a basement bubba that facecamps all game not just when its needed

  • Holy necrothread

1 2 ›