Worst experience EVER as a "nice" killer... REALLY?! What do you guys think?

Freddy, red ranks, Xbox, Ormond

Yesterday I had to do the mission to sacrifice 5 survivors, I get a 4k as legion and then proceed to start a match as Freddy...

THEY DIDN'T EVEN DO A GEN (Full red ranks SWF)! I get them all to last hook, 2 guys DC (which doesn't count as a sacrifice for the challenge...) and then I go and message the last 2 guys "care to farm? I need 1 sacrificed survivor for a challenge, so, 1 of you has to die and the other can escape, you guys pick who", they answer back "sure, full red ranks and couldn't even do a gen, you're a really good killer, thanks"

I farm with them, and as soon as the last gen pops I let one destroy my NOED and then I proceeded to down him, he messages me "not me", I let him wiggle off, and as he runs away I notice what's happening... the other guy was at the hatch with a key... They both got a hatch escape...

REALLY?! You get to play against a non tunneler, non camper killer who owns your team and lets you farm by politely asking for ONE KILL, ONE! And you play me like this...?

I sent a message to both... "That was really low... I guess that's what I get for being nice"

Survivor 1: "Yep, that's what you get, deal with it"

Survivor 2 "I see an oportunity, I take it"

DON'T YOU DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT TOXICITY IN THIS GAME WHEN YOU ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE WHO PROMOTE IT!

Sorry if I bored you, just felt like sharing...

I'm not gonna stop doing this kind of nice things every now and then, but I surely got really mad...

Comments

  • @Hoodied said:

    I am never a nice killer anymore with the gen speeds

    If 2 people dc, they are still feeling my wrath

    The problem here is that if the other 2 also DC then F my challenge and my time spent on trying to do it.

    But yes, I get the feeling

  • @Avariku said:

    we're all just gamers trying to enjoy our freetime on a game we enjoy.

    you aren't a killer, you aren't a survivor. you're just a gamer staying indoors and playing videogames. (just like me)

    there's no harm in showing mercy to a team you clearly outmatch, just remember that there are trash people playing this game.

    toxic killers and toxic survivors both exist and they are all just toxic players, the toxic wraith that camped you and spammed his "bing-bong" is likely the same toxic Nea that teabagged everytime she dropped a pallet...

    show mercy to those you can and slug/camp/tunnel/BM the toxic little twats you find if you have the opportunity.

    tldr;

    people suck, don't take it too personally.

    Yep, maybe it was my first time and that's what got to my bones.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818212#Comment_818212

    The problem here is that if the other 2 also DC then F my challenge and my time spent on trying to do it.

    But yes, I get the feeling

    Actually, incorrect


    DC's count as kills towards that challenge

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818220#Comment_818220

    Actually, incorrect

    DC's count as kills towards that challenge

    Nope, they did not, it's not the "kill 4 people in a single match no matter in which way", it's the "sacrifice 5 survivors to the entity" one. And sir, they did not count for the challenge and that's what got me mad... The DCs count as kills, not as sacrifices

  • Hey at least you're learning this lesson this way, and not when buying a car off of craigslist or something. To be honest, this stuff happens all the time and it really doesn't sink in for some people until they lose money or are scammed. You really can't trust many people these days.

  • I’m sorry that happened but that’s really funny XD

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    I’m sorry that happened but that’s really funny XD

    I know, I'd be laughing too if it hadn't happened to me actually... Lol

  • I was called "so bad I had to stream snipe" a guy who wasn't even live as I played Vault God Myers on Lèry's and 2 of them fed me my infinite EWIII before the first gen was done. I was just chilling then, because I knew I had already won the game. I rarely kicked the gens, let them unhook for free, and even left the chase with one guy who walked into me over and over again (felt bad for him). I could have ended the match after 5min because I had everyone's location due to Infectious Fright (They said: "you found us without BBQ after hooking") . But I didn't. I wanted some points, and felt bad for them, because two guys had just been idiots. So I have let them do 3 gens before I finished the match in 2min. They all got a lot of points as well as I (I 2pipped btw) but still complained and insulted me. OK.... they died, but you can't have everything.

    That day I laughed about this, but now it makes me sad.

  • Kill them all, unless someone offered bps. After all "Merciless killer" is the best you can be as killer, so go for it, be a merciless #########.

  • I don't get that [BAD WORD] at all.

    I played against a Trapper today. He killed two people, and he let me and a Nancy finish the last couple gens. I go to the exit gate, I was only gonna 99% it in case he wanted to farm or something. He comes over, downs me, and opens the gate. I waited there just in case I could do anything for him. Maybe he'd like to get an EGC kill or something. He let me go in the end, but I would've been perfectly fine with it if he'd needed me to step in some traps or let him sacrifice me or something.

    It's just a game, man. Why is it so hard for people to be nice?

    I'm lucky: when I play killer, if survivors send me a message it's usually because they recognize I was being nice and they appreciated it. Only a few have been like "haha gg ez you suck." I've never messaged survivors before a match to ask them to farm. I just don't trust people. Though, depending on what the future Archive challenges are like, that may change. But if I let someone get two flashlight saves, I'm not giving them a chance to chance to break our deal. Them dying is just principle.

  • I mean everyone in this game can be toxic. I had a game during an event where a killer didnt get a single hook. Gates were open (before EGC was a thing). I felt bad for the killer and decided I'd give him a few event hooks. Got him to follow me and stood under an event hook and pointed at it. He downed and hooked me but wouldnt let anyone near to unhook. I'm not salty I died. Kinda expected I would have. But he robbed himself of so many event hooks this way... My friends laughed and told me that what I get for trying to be nice to the killer....

  • That’s why I don’t show mercy. Most Survivors will betray you in the end.

  • Hey as scummy as it seems if the killer messaged me and asked to farm on the condition one of us dies but I had a key and the other person alive was in a swf with me honestly I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. Not only from fear of you attempting to betray me but because I know we can probably pull it off. And that's why you should trust nobody act like they are always plotting against you. Although I wouldn't have said that's what you get and demean you for our selfishness. I still don't blame them though they probably were thinking "well we had 2 dc so the only way we are escaping this is if we agree to farm and use our key."

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    I mean everyone in this game can be toxic. I had a game during an event where a killer didnt get a single hook. Gates were open (before EGC was a thing). I felt bad for the killer and decided I'd give him a few event hooks. Got him to follow me and stood under an event hook and pointed at it. He downed and hooked me but wouldnt let anyone near to unhook. I'm not salty I died. Kinda expected I would have. But he robbed himself of so many event hooks this way... My friends laughed and told me that what I get for trying to be nice to the killer....

    Damn that was dumb of him

  • As a solo survivor main i think im a nice person.

    If my team decides to genrush i just do totems and chests and stuff. If the killer hasn't even injured anyone until only two gens are left i make like two locker jumps and wait for him. If he doesn't care to show up ill go look. And in any case if hes afk and i find him, I'll just be afk with him until hes back.

    I looked for a freddy (before the update) and signalled him to kill me after he burnt a pudding and had to be afk the whole game (irl reasons we messaged afterwards).

    So what im trying to say, there are nice people out there which know this is a game and the killer is a person too, so dont lose all hope. We got you <3

  • @JiggleWiggle said:

    As a solo survivor main i think im a nice person.

    If my team decides to genrush i just do totems and chests and stuff. If the killer hasn't even injured anyone until only two gens are left i make like two locker jumps and wait for him. If he doesn't care to show up ill go look. And in any case if hes afk and i find him, I'll just be afk with him until hes back.

    I looked for a freddy (before the update) and signalled him to kill me after he burnt a pudding and had to be afk the whole game (irl reasons we messaged afterwards).

    So what im trying to say, there are nice people out there which know this is a game and the killer is a person too, so dont lose all hope. We got you <3

    I'm used to nice people when I'm killer actually, but this is my first time ever I got bamboozled, lol. I guess that's what got into my nerves.

  • When I was rank 1, I used to show a small grace of mercy to survivors whenever they had someone disconnect. I'd do just enough to pip and then take it easy. If two disconnected then I'd often just take a black pip. What I'm trying to say is that I don't do that anymore. I never asked them to assist me in farming for anything, but I've still gotten insults from survivors after taking it easy on them. I just ignore them and move on, but you get it.

  • @AGuyNamedKane said:

    When I was rank 1, I used to show a small grace of mercy to survivors whenever they had someone disconnect. I'd do just enough to pip and then take it easy. If two disconnected then I'd often just take a black pip. What I'm trying to say is that I don't do that anymore. I never asked them to assist me in farming for anything, but I've still gotten insults from survivors after taking it easy on them. I just ignore them and move on, but you get it.

    THAT'S THE PROBLEM RIGHT THERE! I don't wanna change my methods, but this kind of behaviour make me wanna change my conduct like you did.

  • And devs listen to these people which keep complaining how op some killers are

    So devs balance the game according their feedback and eventually nerf all killers into ground..

  • @OmegaXII said:

    And devs listen to these people which keep complaining how op some killers are

    So devs balance the game according their feedback and eventually nerf all killers into ground..

    Devs listen to all feedback and actually check statistics on the game, but I get your point, these kind of people are annoying AH

  • Thanks Avocet for the screenshots, friend.

    Very interesting!

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817364#Comment_817364

    That logic doesn't add up, tbh. Less relaxed = more toxic, which is the opposite to what you suggest.

    In reality both killers and survivors are just as bad; it's the DBD community as a whole. In fact, online gaming communities in general, at that!

    Theoretically that's what should happen, but in DBD its usually the opposite. Remember DBD doesn't have an ordinary playerbase.

    When playing as a survivor 8/10 times I see a survivor trash talk a killer saying "your bad, ez win, Go #########, camper, etc..", I've rarely see a killer do this, and most of the time after I match I'll say you did great, or some form of encouragement, because a Killer is very unrelaxing to play. But they are one of the players bases that can take it, on the other hand survivors can dish it, but not take it.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820175#Comment_820175

    Devs listen to all feedback and actually check statistics on the game, but I get your point, these kind of people are annoying AH

    You think Devs listen to feedback, but I'll just remind you of how many people said "reworked" Legion was bad on the PTB, and the Devs didn't listen.

    The same happened with nurse, where people voiced how the nurse isn't fun to play as and hurts her with that cooldown, but they ignored it and went with the patch.

    Most times the Devs have shown they don't listen to feedback.

  • Those guys are turds. But it's just as scummy as killers that ask to farm and then 4k which happens too. Not really pointing this out to the OP, but just towards the general tone of the remaining comments. People are jerks sometimes sorry you had that happen to you OP.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820315#Comment_820315

    You think Devs listen to feedback, but I'll just remind you of how many people said "reworked" Legion was bad on the PTB, and the Devs didn't listen.

    The same happened with nurse, where people voiced how the nurse isn't fun to play as and hurts her with that cooldown, but they ignored it and went with the patch.

    Most times the Devs have shown they don't listen to feedback.

    Ok, I'll have to show lack of actual knowledge, I hope devs reveal some stats about why they change things cause I believe that most of what we see are complains, but until then, I'll just have to state we don't know if they do listen or not, cause even though people might say something, stats might show the exact opposite thing

  • I mean, honestly if I'm doing a challenge farming would be the last thing on my mind, unless it's something where I don't need to sacrifice them.

    Toxic people are going to be toxic, doesn't mean everyone else is.

  • I’ve had a horrible experience as well that changed my whole mood about farming. I brought streamers in to farm, 3 SWF let a random die on hook when there was one gen remaining, then took hatch with a key. I didn’t even get to hook any of them :( So rude. I’m very picky on who I farm with now after that.

  • If I'm dominating I kill all of them but one.


    And maybeeeee if I am nice I will let him get hatch.


    Iffffff I'm nice.

  • I only farm if I dominate the game too quickly otherwise I depip thanks to the 4head emblem system that punishes me for using my power.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817375#Comment_817375

    Theoretically that's what should happen, but in DBD its usually the opposite. Remember DBD doesn't have an ordinary playerbase.

    When playing as a survivor 8/10 times I see a survivor trash talk a killer saying "your bad, ez win, Go #########, camper, etc..", I've rarely see a killer do this, and most of the time after I match I'll say you did great, or some form of encouragement, because a Killer is very unrelaxing to play. But they are one of the players bases that can take it, on the other hand survivors can dish it, but not take it.

    Every other game I get as survivor I get that from trhe killer lol

  • @Mr_K said:

    Hope you learned your lesson. No mercy.

    Never.

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    I’ve had a horrible experience as well that changed my whole mood about farming. I brought streamers in to farm, 3 SWF let a random die on hook when there was one gen remaining, then took hatch with a key. I didn’t even get to hook any of them :( So rude. I’m very picky on who I farm with now after that.

    Damn, the worst part is how they f'd their teammate, not just you

1 2 ›