"Spirit is 'overperforming'"

No duh, because Survivors are weaponizeing the DCs you absolutely refuse to address, AGAIN, Devs!

Every single Survivor match I've had against today Spirit has had at least one DC or intentional suicide because they know you will continue to reward this behavior instead of learning how to play against her.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Derp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808258#Comment_808258

    I said the perks your using are common except Surge. As for STBFL, that's used a lot in any m1 killer.

    Keep in mind, I'm not trying to persuade you to use a weaker build because I don't want killers to be too strong and make it more fun. You asked me what build you should use to make it fair so I gave my two cents. Just know that if you keep using that build then expect people to ragequit from time to time and try not to fire back at them because it doesn't help.

    When an entire team quits out before even SEEING me, its not because my Pop is too strong. I have no problem "firing back" at people who DC 15 seconds into the game, and then bash me in the endgame chat.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808462#Comment_808462

    When an entire team quits out before even SEEING me, its not because my Pop is too strong. I have no problem "firing back" at people who DC 15 seconds into the game, and then bash me in the endgame chat.

    Like I mentioned earlier, since you're a Freddy, they already have an idea on what kind of build they're about to go up against. It's kind of like if most Huntresses were using the instadown+belt addon and survivors just dc once they hear the lullaby because they've had enough of it and don't want to take their chances. If they get pissed off at you for using it then just let it go. At the end of the day, people don't want to play a game that they know isn't going to be fun for them including you. Plus, they couldn't tell if you were a Freddy in the lobby but if they did, then they definitely would've left and went to go find another match.

  • @Derp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808476#Comment_808476

    Like I mentioned earlier, since you're a Freddy, they already have an idea on what kind of build they're about to go up against. It's kind of like if most Huntresses were using the instadown+belt addon and survivors just dc once they hear the lullaby because they've had enough of it and don't want to take their chances. If they get pissed off at you for using it then just let it go. At the end of the day, people don't want to play a game that they know isn't going to be fun for them including you. Plus, they couldn't tell if you were a Freddy in the lobby but if they did, then they definitely would've left and went to go find another match.

    Thats a problem though. This idea that your just gonna DC against any killer you dont wanna face is kinda BS.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808523#Comment_808523

    Thats a problem though. This idea that your just gonna DC against any killer you dont wanna face is kinda BS.

    It's the same as killers dcing just because they don't like the map. It happens but you just gotta get over it and thinking of the survivors perspective makes it a lot easier to move on.

  • @Derp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808529#Comment_808529

    It's the same as killers dcing just because they don't like the map. It happens but you just gotta get over it and thinking of the survivors perspective makes it a lot easier to move on.

    Im equally against that. Ive taken plenty of strode keys. The whole idea of seeing the character so assuming you hate the perks though would be like me facecamping a laurie because I hate DS so she has to pay for picking the wrong character...

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807544#Comment_807544

    If you cannot accept that she needs changes, then you only care about your fun. Like I said, it doesn't need to be nerfs at all except some addons (mainly prayer beads).

    I don't condone dc'ing and don't do it myself , but I get why people dc against spirit because they aren't having fun and yes, those people also only think about their fun :)

    What is next after that? I am not having fun getting dumb hits when i was 3m away from the window, remove m1 pls, i mean it sucks for lots of killers but they at least have m2. Remove also huntress hatchets they hit me behind objects when i was already in cover.

    The whole idea to balance around fun is stupid to say the least, every game has cheese in it. In other games people deal with it. Here it is, I act like a child of the age of 3 and make a scene in the shop cause i didn't get my candy and the parents will buy it.

    Ruin isn't fun, haunted grounds neither, dying light isn't, franklin's isn't, stbfl, pgtw isn't fun. I am sorry please remove/rework all these otherwise i dc against every killer using any of thes, it is just not fun. I will tell my friends to dc too. See how dumb this is?

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807555#Comment_807555

    What is next after that? I am not having fun getting dumb hits when i was 3m away from the window, remove m1 pls, i mean it sucks for lots of killers but they at least have m2. Remove also huntress hatchets they hit me behind objects when i was already in cover.

    The whole idea to balance around fun is stupid to say the least, every game has cheese in it. In other games people deal with it. Here it is, I act like a child of the age of 3 and make a scene in the shop cause i didn't get my candy and the parents will buy it.

    Ruin isn't fun, haunted grounds neither, dying light isn't, franklin's isn't, stbfl, pgtw isn't fun. I am sorry please remove/rework all these otherwise i dc against every killer using any of thes, it is just not fun. I will tell my friends to dc too. See how dumb this is?

    Fun is obviously subjective but I'd say there is a big problem if lots of people dc on the sight of spirit and refuse to play against her. Do you see people constantly dc against ruin or whatever? Less people disconnected against old nurse and she was a lot more powerful than spirit. It's not about how strong spirit is, she is just not enjoyable to go against.

    Constantly going against spirit makes me want to quit the game because I am simply not enjoying my matches at all. Especially in a casual game, nothing should make people want to stop playing the game.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808597#Comment_808597

    Fun is obviously subjective but I'd say there is a big problem if lots of people dc on the sight of spirit and refuse to play against her. Do you see people constantly dc against ruin or whatever? Less people disconnected against old nurse and she was a lot more powerful than spirit. It's not about how strong spirit is, she is just not enjoyable to go against.

    Constantly going against spirit makes me want to quit the game because I am simply not enjoying my matches at all. Especially in a casual game, nothing should make people want to stop playing the game.

    Fun is subjective and if we have enough people who cry we get what we want.

    I get dcs from people as clown even legion and bubba, be it ruin or whatever excuse. What is with all the killers that dced? I guess that was just internet problems, they all had fun.

    I will make a thread in the next couple of days on how to make dbd fun, everybody that disagrees is just not caring about fun of others. As measurement of fun i will use a killer that yesterday went into the corner of the basement and refused to play any further. I think he had fun.

  • @se05239 said:

    Nerfing the top killers is the fast way to please the majority of the playerbase.

    Personally, I only believe Prayer Beads are an issue with Spirit. That's it. I like playing against them.

    Majority or vocal minority?

    And even if it is the majority... I dont think it's hard to see who makes up a majority of the playerbase im this 4v1 game

  • I honestly played the last 2 days only spirit cuz I main her, and I only had 2 dcs and these were 4man swf when they couldnt bully me with flashlights or teabaggs. But all other games were pretty normal, well I got almost only 4ks and got alot of salt and flame but still not dcs. I was pretty suprised^^

    But I got a report because "dont striderr ######### noob spirit", I am still wondering what he means with that.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Im pretty use to having games like THIS where I get instant DCes. Not sure if they should really be counting these as kills. I actually started putting these in a sidefolder on my PC...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/460/I9LM42IBEZ38.jpg

    tbh I'd DC against the reworked freddy too

    so boring specially with pop and swing chains eww so much resident sleeper type game for me

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807455#Comment_807455

    Majority or vocal minority?

    And even if it is the majority... I dont think it's hard to see who makes up a majority of the playerbase im this 4v1 game

    Doesn't matter which, in the end.

  • Im a main Spirit. I love playing her but i hate to go against her. Im my opinion a good counter can be that we can be able to see her while phasing

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808555#Comment_808555

    Im equally against that. Ive taken plenty of strode keys. The whole idea of seeing the character so assuming you hate the perks though would be like me facecamping a laurie because I hate DS so she has to pay for picking the wrong character...

    No joke, I got into a game right after i finished posting and then a Huntress disconnects when the map's Haddonfield.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807425#Comment_807425

    overperforming is because most matches with spirit have a DC, making the game a insta win for the spirit because of 3v1 from the getgo

    The devs don’t count dcs when they look at match results to determine balance. Those are automatically thrown out.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808628#Comment_808628

    Fun is subjective and if we have enough people who cry we get what we want.

    I get dcs from people as clown even legion and bubba, be it ruin or whatever excuse. What is with all the killers that dced? I guess that was just internet problems, they all had fun.

    I will make a thread in the next couple of days on how to make dbd fun, everybody that disagrees is just not caring about fun of others. As measurement of fun i will use a killer that yesterday went into the corner of the basement and refused to play any further. I think he had fun.

    Yes, if people cry enough they get what they want. That's the only way the devs change something. Both sides constantly whine and cry about things. I can guarantee that if killers didn't cry for years, survivors wouldn't get nerfed this much.

    Why is it so hard to accept she needs changes? Why are people against these changes in the first place? No one wants her to be trash. People just want to have some enjoyment when going against her and they can make that happen without making her trash. Devs have already said that she is going to get changed and if they make her garbage, I will be very disappointed.

  • @Derp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808563#Comment_808563

    No joke, I got into a game right after i finished posting and then a Huntress disconnects when the map's Haddonfield.

    That map is ROUGH for Huntress... One reason why I like Freddy so much is because I feel like he doesnt really have a map hes BAD at, just maps where his powers might not be as useful.

  • Or you know maybe, people are tired of spirit every single game?

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807537#Comment_807537

    The devs don’t count dcs when they look at match results to determine balance. Those are automatically thrown out.

    show me where they say this

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808703#Comment_808703

    Yes, if people cry enough they get what they want. That's the only way the devs change something. Both sides constantly whine and cry about things. I can guarantee that if killers didn't cry for years, survivors wouldn't get nerfed this much.

    Why is it so hard to accept she needs changes? Why are people against these changes in the first place? No one wants her to be trash. People just want to have some enjoyment when going against her and they can make that happen without making her trash. Devs have already said that she is going to get changed and if they make her garbage, I will be very disappointed.

    You honestly wonder why people dont like bhvr changing stuff when there are things like clown, doctor, legion and the list goes on???

    Survivors were changed because somebody got humiliated in public.

    Openly admitting that "fun" is the deciding factor and not whether something is balanced or not when talking about balance changes is just wrong. Than we do not need to pretend balance exists, we can kick it out of the window and spare everyone the hypocrisy around it.

    Cut gen times in half, i dont think it is fun to hold m1 that long, remove one gen so everybody just needs to do 1. Are these changes good for balance? ######### no but who cares we should increase fun

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808826#Comment_808826

    You honestly wonder why people dont like bhvr changing stuff when there are things like clown, doctor, legion and the list goes on???

    Survivors were changed because somebody got humiliated in public.

    Openly admitting that "fun" is the deciding factor and not whether something is balanced or not when talking about balance changes is just wrong. Than we do not need to pretend balance exists, we can kick it out of the window and spare everyone the hypocrisy around it.

    Cut gen times in half, i dont think it is fun to hold m1 that long, remove one gen so everybody just needs to do 1. Are these changes good for balance? ######### no but who cares we should increase fun

    Fun isn't the only deciding factor. You are overexaggerating what I said. This isn't a competitive game, it's a casual game and fun should be an important factor when designing things. Obviously balance is more important than fun but devs should absolutely not ignore the other side's enjoyment when making changes or adding new things.

  • I have no problem against Spirits. They're fun, even with the prayer beads (but Spine Chill helps tremendously). I think it just comes down to people not wanting any kind of challenge. You shouldn't nerf a powerful character in a game, players should learn to adapt to survive. I'm sure if the devs just made prayer beads ultra rare and the Father's glasses very rare, it would fix a lot with effectively zero nerfs.

    Also, infinite Freddy is a fun challenge that I enjoy facing. However, I'm normally getting hatch because of DCs. It's why solo survivor is hit and miss. With swf at least I know there won't be intentional DCs.

  • @se05239 said:

    Nerfing the top killers is the fast way to please the majority of the playerbase.

    Personally, I only believe Prayer Beads are an issue with Spirit. That's it. I like playing against them.

    That and the Wakazachi Blade. I think that's what it's called.

  • They’ve said it a few times on the forum here and there when it comes to data pooling things that they don’t count games that include dc’s when they are looking for numbers for something that pertains to balance. You can ask @Peanits to verify. I’m also fairly certain they said they take out games that include Moris as well.

  • Thing is while I main her, I have to say when people are getting Spirit just constantly at red ranks and almost nobody is having a good time against her there may be a problem. People don't just start mass using one killer for no reason more people are realizing just how good she is and I feel like the things that need changes are add-ons to fix her personally.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    Thing is while I main her, I have to say when people are getting Spirit just constantly at red ranks and almost nobody is having a good time against her there may be a problem. People don't just start mass using one killer for no reason more people are realizing just how good she is and I feel like the things that need changes are add-ons to fix her personally.

    If more killers were made to be good at Red ranks, there would be so much diversity up there. Its basically the same 3 killers on a loop, with a chance of getting one from another small pool that sorta works well.

    I'd love to see the Red Ranks be as diverse as the green-purple ranks.

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/809142#Comment_809142

    If more killers were made to be good at Red ranks, there would be so much diversity up there. Its basically the same 3 killers on a loop, with a chance of getting one from another small pool that sorta works well.

    I'd love to see the Red Ranks be as diverse as the green-purple ranks.

    I agree, they should make more killers a good choice at red ranks. You buff killers then nerf accordingly the devs I don't think will listen to that though.

1 2 ›