Clown.

Here is how I want to play the clown.

I am rewarded for making long range throws that slow survivors so I gain space. They have tons of time to evade me still. It shakes the game up. A good toss can make something safe unsafe.

How the game wants me to play Clown.

Well...Clowns power=slow survivors down. Clowns power=Slow the Clown down. Makes so much sense. So like....yeeaaahhhh. When you're already 2 seconds from hitting a survivor anyway throw a tonic down. "but you can block loops!" Against survivors who for some reason won't opt to leave the loop and walk directly into the gas.

So from now on out when I play this trash killer for dailies I am solely using Redheads Pinky finger because the game wants clowns power to hold no real advantage. You're slowed making mid to long range tosses pretty much pointless. So I might as well force the power into something useful. Making him a lame ass different version of leatherface but only if you use an Ultimate.

Considering his tonic doesn't even injure or truly blur vision enough for mistakes. It makes no sense what so ever why throws themselves have to slow him down so much.

Comments

  • My worse games are always with clown, even when I use the extra hindered and exhaustion add ons. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I get a 3k or 4k but I also tend to depip with him more often. Based on my own experience with him I consider him the worst killer in the game.

  • How the game wants you to play Clown: Just play Freddy, he's better under any aspects.

  • Clown is not that bad. What makes Clown bad are the Maps, there is not really any point in playing Clown as long as the Survivor can throw the Pallet early.

    However, with new Badham and Hawkins, there are two Maps which are good for Clown. The Survivor can throw the Pallet, but it is unsafe. So there is no need in breaking it. If Maps get reworked to Badham/Hawkins-Level, Clown would not be bad at all, he would be quite solid.

    But it is a long way (and more Balance) to this.

    Personally, I dont like playing Clown. There are some cool games with him, but I cannot bring myself to play him.

  • @Xerge said:

    My worse games are always with clown, even when I use the extra hindered and exhaustion add ons. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I get a 3k or 4k but I also tend to depip with him more often. Based on my own experience with him I consider him the worst killer in the game.

    I have been on this game since 2017. Clown is a killer I consistently get negative results with. His tonic is honestly useless. It only feels useful close range where it isn't needed. It would really be nice to see how he changes if he doesn't get that obnoxious slow down right after he uses his "slow down" power.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's even worse with dedicated servers where I can throw a bottle and somehow the bottle hits the back of my head, exploding from where I tried to throw the bottle.

    How wonderful that if the server is too #########, Clown can't even throw and be moving forward at the same time. He has to move forward and strafe to the right as he throws so his bottle arcs past him.

    Meanwhile I play no stalk Ghostface and obliterate the world. Surely expect them to destroy him at some point. Clown is an example of "overbalance" that extra slow down is complete BS. You're ACTUALLY losing the benefit OF the power in the scenario BY DESIGN.

    Next patch cuff a ball and chain to GF while in stealth.

  • Clown should speed up when charging bottle throws. It could be increased even more with addons, but make it so the cooldown until you can throw, attack and interact is greatly increased. Might just give him enough map pressure to be... semi-decent? He was my favorite killer until I finally unlocked and played him. Now he just sits on the shelf while I play Freddy.

  • haha EXACTLY. New night shroud addition "The hunt fills GF with excitement, he can't help but light firecrackers in his own pocket every time he enters stealth!"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/100791/clown

    I played a ridiculous amount of clown since his release.

    He really needs a LOT of changes and buffs. His bottles don’t in anyway achieve the effect the devs intended.

    You would get more out of it if all Maps would be like Badham or Hawkins. Then his Slowdown would actually matter and not result in early Pallet Drops, which need to be broken anyway.

    But I dont know if Clown will ever be a good choice, because he got simply powercreeped by Freddy. Freddy can also slow down Survivors, but can spam his ability (unlike Clown), can teleport to Gens (unlike Clown) and has a variety of other Add Ons which are not bound to his Snares.

  • What if...Survivors get affected by tonic will have a count down bar, they will have to stay in a place and do skill check "breath in" like Doctor "get out of madness" or Legion "mending".

    If the count down bar drop, Survivors get into injured state (and dying while in injured state). Of course if they success, they're still being healthy. The count down bar takes long to deplete but doesnt pause while in chase.

    Trying to think of force Survivor to do something, make them abit busy.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    What if...Survivors get affected by tonic will have a count down bar, they will have to stay in a place and do skill check "breath in" like Doctor "get out of madness" or Legion "mending".

    If the count down bar drop, Survivors get into injured state (and dying while in injured state). Of course if they success, they're still being healthy. The count down bar takes long to deplete but doesnt pause while in chase.

    Trying to think of force Survivor to do something, make them abit busy.

    Uh that would be broken. Not only is the surv in a chase, but now has to do a chanel option? Yeah no. That's a free injure or down when you use the bottle.

  • They need to make the blurry vision on his tonic much more intense to where it can actually increase the chance of mistakes. Currently it does not.

    It also needs to slow vault speed.

  • @Blueberry said:

    They need to make the blurry vision on his tonic much more intense to where it can actually increase the chance of mistakes. Currently it does not.

    It also needs to slow vault speed.

    This isn't true at all...you can see almost nothing when it happens...

  • @Blueberry said:

    They need to make the blurry vision on his tonic much more intense to where it can actually increase the chance of mistakes. Currently it does not.

    It also needs to slow vault speed.

    It does slow vault speed. It forces you into a medium vault. It's basically a free hit at killer shack.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807148#Comment_807148

    This isn't true at all...you can see almost nothing when it happens...

    It absolutely is true. You can see clearly enough through gas currently to still loop effectively.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807148#Comment_807148

    It does slow vault speed. It forces you into a medium vault. It's basically a free hit at killer shack.

    They reverted that a little while back unless they've reverted it again recently.

    Either way he still needs much more.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807155#Comment_807155

    It absolutely is true. You can see clearly enough through gas currently to still loop effectively.

    I can't even tell the difference on if the Clown is using the increases blurred vision add ons. Or if there even IS a difference. It doesn't do what it claims it does. The results show that. Survivors never seem to have trouble at the very least TRYING to continue their original path. Very rarely does it seem to make someones vision put them in a corner or something.

    I find the suddenness of Hags traps more disorienting if I tripped one suddenly while shes coming for me.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807186#Comment_807186

    They reverted that a little while back unless they've reverted it again recently.

    Either way he still needs much more.

    It was a bug. But you're right, he does.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807148#Comment_807148

    It does slow vault speed. It forces you into a medium vault. It's basically a free hit at killer shack.

    Only on Windows. Pallets are still fast Vaults.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807155#Comment_807155

    No, @Blueberry is right. Base blurred vision is not strong enough. The kind of blurred vision that’s incurred from direct hits and his cigar box should be base kit, and Intoxication needs to last longer.

    Also, Clown isn’t intuitive in his current state. You’re not really meant to throw bottles directly at Survivors UNLESS you’re attempting a direct hit for the greater blurred vision penalty or to interrupt an action. You’re meant to get bottles to break ahead of survivors so that if they run through the full gas cloud they incur the longest possible Intoxication, hindered and blurred vision.

    "The kind of blurred vision that’s incurred from direct hits and his cigar box should be base kit, and Intoxication needs to last longer."

    This sounds like what he needs. The blurred vision is kind of his niche thing so I'd like them to build and improve on that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807155#Comment_807155

    No, @Blueberry is right. Base blurred vision is not strong enough. The kind of blurred vision that’s incurred from direct hits and his cigar box should be base kit, and Intoxication needs to last longer.

    Also, Clown isn’t intuitive in his current state. You’re not really meant to throw bottles directly at Survivors UNLESS you’re attempting a direct hit for the greater blurred vision penalty or to interrupt an action. You’re meant to get bottles to break ahead of survivors so that if they run through the full gas cloud they incur the longest possible Intoxication, hindered and blurred vision.

    So on the PC I'm getting all the Killer perks and I was going to play Clown because I love Clown but I realized I don't like playing as Clown. Clown's kit is too simple and though he is strong when you play him right he is still too simple to be average. You get slowed when you throw bottles and the bottles themselves aren't strong enough plus he has no way to pressure Survivors he isn't chasing. Leatherface is simple too but you don't have teams rushing hooks against a Leatherface who isn't too far away or get teams who think it's a good idea to make a basement save.

    I love your idea of the wash station to get rid of lasting effects, it puts pressure on everyone no matter who is being chased and gives Clown some depth. I love Clown but his ability is too simple for me and it sucks because he is so jolly, sometimes I wish they gave something else besides slow down bottles, like why was that the power they chose to give him?

  • I don't have clown but was thinking about getting him soon since i got the shards (Its between him, Plague and spirit hit i kind of want Adam and Jane so i was thinking on waiting for them)

    But everyone seems to agree hes trash which is weird because i never really see people talk about him when talking about the worst killers, Legion and Leatherface dominate that conversation. But i also still see people play Legion and leatherface....im not sure I've ever played verses a clown. Or plague either now that i think about it

  • @SaintDenisSlasher said:

    I don't have clown but was thinking about getting him soon since i got the shards (Its between him, Plague and spirit hit i kind of want Adam and Jane so i was thinking on waiting for them)

    But everyone seems to agree hes trash which is weird because i never really see people talk about him when talking about the worst killers, Legion and Leatherface dominate that conversation. But i also still see people play Legion and leatherface....im not sure I've ever played verses a clown. Or plague either now that i think about it

    I was looking forward to unlocking him before I did honestly, but I'd really choose either of your other 2 choices. Plague has got 2 great perks and a decent one to unlock as well.

  • @S_Panda said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807841#Comment_807841

    I was looking forward to unlocking him before I did honestly, but I'd really choose either of your other 2 choices. Plague has got 2 great perks and a decent one to unlock as well.

    I know clown is the worst of the 3 but i want Adam and Jane so im thinking i might just buy the dlc. But with the battlepass and expensive cosmetics and the fact i have to buy Freddy and Pig idk maybe ill just start unlocking them slowly with shards too. Im scared to get Spirit either way because i don't want another Legion situation tho

  • @SaintDenisSlasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807856#Comment_807856

    I know clown is the worst of the 3 but i want Adam and Jane so im thinking i might just buy the dlc. But with the battlepass and expensive cosmetics and the fact i have to buy Freddy and Pig idk maybe ill just start unlocking them slowly with shards too. Im scared to get Spirit either way because i don't want another Legion situation tho

    She's safe for another few months at least...I also fell for the legion situation (as back then I didn't know about "fake chasing" and so on)

  • @S_Panda said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807871#Comment_807871

    She's safe for another few months at least...I also fell for the legion situation (as back then I didn't know about "fake chasing" and so on)

    Anyone who bought him in December was robbed. A basically useless character. Legion mains are weird, but respectable.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807877#Comment_807877

    Anyone who bought him in December was robbed. A basically useless character. Legion mains are weird, but respectable.

    ...I'm even worse. I started in February and he wasn't my first unlock.

  • I have been having good Clown games lately. Merciless victories even. I did it with Corrupt, Monitor, BBQ, and Pop.

    Do I win every match? No. But no killer is supposed to do that.

    I am sure he will eventually get some love, but he is far from useless.

  • @SaintDenisSlasher said:

    I don't have clown but was thinking about getting him soon since i got the shards (Its between him, Plague and spirit hit i kind of want Adam and Jane so i was thinking on waiting for them)

    But everyone seems to agree hes trash which is weird because i never really see people talk about him when talking about the worst killers, Legion and Leatherface dominate that conversation. But i also still see people play Legion and leatherface....im not sure I've ever played verses a clown. Or plague either now that i think about it

    The better the Survivor, the weaker the clown becomes. When i started the game, i always thought he is really strong.

    I think he is still a cool killer, and his perks are amazing. While Spirit is the better pick for tierwhise, Clown has the best perks.

  • @SaintDenisSlasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807856#Comment_807856

    I know clown is the worst of the 3 but i want Adam and Jane so im thinking i might just buy the dlc. But with the battlepass and expensive cosmetics and the fact i have to buy Freddy and Pig idk maybe ill just start unlocking them slowly with shards too. Im scared to get Spirit either way because i don't want another Legion situation tho

    Oh they will absolutely come for her eventually. I think they underestimated how good some killer players would be at tracking with sound and scratchmarks and that is why she is a beast. Probably destroy her and then come up with a way to destroy GF. I outright think GF is stronger if you DONT try to expose people and just use shroud to get close to people. Can't have that can we. Its basically what the idea of Wraith is but in a way that isn't a joke. Its crazy how strong I feel when doing that. I don't even have Nurses on him yet OR sloppy butcher....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807856#Comment_807856

    Plague is really good, and deserves WAY more credit than what she’s given. She completely ruins all attempts at stealth, renders medkits and self care useless, and can make gen repair almost as difficult as Doc can.

    Ok but only baby survivors run SC anymore.