I highly doubt any of the Devs can finish The Rift

When you balance around Rank 10, nerf Killers that don‘t need nerfing, yet make insane challenges where even the best players will struggle... How can the devs finish it? Very very unlikely. Proof me otherwise 😎

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I highly doubt they can even get kills as a killer because "Legion is Fine."

  • I would love to see our devs streaming live, their attempt to finish the rift, solo.

    Especially MCote, since watching him playing in Korea was such a delight.

    I would even sub for 10.- just to see this.

    Edit: we are talking of all the challenges on both sides, without outside help or communication within the rift timeframe.

  • Of course they can finish it. They just throw money at the screen. Either that or ask a programmer to set the Rift_Complete variable to 1.

  • This argument is ridiculous.


    Developers are very rarely the best players of their own games, while I don't agree with some of the challenges in Tier 4 of the tome they are aimed at people who have 1,000s of hours in the game, to expect someone to develop a game and also be the best at the game and do everything that hardcore players do is silly.

  • Why should I care about this "rift" or archives even? I have seen nothing that would matter in any way..

  • To be honest...I would love to get the thought process behind these decisions...but none of the devs will ever give us those, because I assume that's a marketing decision to lure in players first with doable challenges then ramp the difficulty up to the level of: in theory doable but not really, so people get frustrated to the point, that they start to throw more money at it, to complete the challenges.

    I rather pay $11 for a lore dlc, well made, maybe with some nice animations and goodies like skins and charms that would reflect the lore and gives a pleasant experience, than the toxicity promoting, low level effort rift that we are getting for the same price or probably even more if you need to throw money at it in the end to access all the content.

  • @Seanzu said:

    This argument is ridiculous.

    Developers are very rarely the best players of their own games, while I don't agree with some of the challenges in Tier 4 of the tome they are aimed at people who have 1,000s of hours in the game, to expect someone to develop a game and also be the best at the game and do everything that hardcore players do is silly.

    Completing 4 gens on your own with Dark Sense is an impossible challenge. Killing 4 survivors in the basement is impossible, this is pure greed. They don't want us to finish the rift. They want us to put even more money in the game.

  • Bruh, you're talking about developers who used the "blink seeing" add-on.

  • I think the devs can, because they are between rank 15 to 20 + they have BHVRcheats.exe lol

  • You mock the developers, but you don't seem to realise that they spend their time working on the game, not playing it.

    After a long day at work, the last thing they'd likely want to do is casually play the game they dedicate their career to working with.

    They don't have time to spend thousands of hours playing the game and getting good at it.

  • @Seanzu said:

    This argument is ridiculous.

    Developers are very rarely the best players of their own games, while I don't agree with some of the challenges in Tier 4 of the tome they are aimed at people who have 1,000s of hours in the game, to expect someone to develop a game and also be the best at the game and do everything that hardcore players do is silly.

    We all have a job aswell. We work, we care about family, we study, we eat, we sleep etc. Why can't the devs be good? Are they working 18h per day?

  • I don't see why it matters if the devs can or can't finish it...

    Or do you think tetris declines in quality because whoever created it can't play like this?

    https://youtu.be/L_UPHsGR6fM


  • @Redcum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801668#Comment_801668

    Completing 4 gens on your own with Dark Sense is an impossible challenge. Killing 4 survivors in the basement is impossible, this is pure greed. They don't want us to finish the rift. They want us to put even more money in the game.

    I've gotten 4k's in the basement a few times. Once they were all down there at the same time. It's doable at least at mid rank.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    I don't see why it matters if the devs can or can't finish it...

    Or do you think tetris declines in quality because whoever created it can't play like this?

    https://youtu.be/L_UPHsGR6fM

    There is always one guy who puts it into the extreme. Come on, don't fool yourself. Noone was talking about this insane stuff.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801824#Comment_801824

    There is always one guy who puts it into the extreme. Come on, don't fool yourself. Noone was talking about this insane stuff.

    Well the argument was if the devs can't do it, then it's bad.

    That's just the logical extreme

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801830#Comment_801830

    If they can't complete 70 tiers of the rift, why should they expect other casuals to be able to?

    Just because devs work on the game and we don't doesn't mean casuals don't have jobs they need to work at as well.

    The amount of time required to complete the rift even if you have all the challenges done borderlines on at least 2 and a half hours a day, and that's assuming queue times and matches are good. Without all of the challenges, you're looking at full-time job levels of time required every day.

    Well, most people also can't beat dark souls without using a bonfire and/or dying. Guess that means the game is bad since you get an item from doing each of those right?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801838#Comment_801838

    Well, most people also can't beat dark souls without using a bonfire and/or dying. Guess that means the game is bad since you get an item from doing each of those right?

    You really bring in Dark Souls? A game that is hard, sure, but it's never unfair. Aaaaand the devs from From Software surely can beat the game, so do their testers, because they make sure anything they ask is possible. DOH!

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    You mock the developers, but you don't seem to realise that they spend their time working on the game, not playing it.

    After a long day at work, the last thing they'd likely want to do is casually play the game they dedicate their career to working with.

    They don't have time to spend thousands of hours playing the game and getting good at it.

    @Superyoshiegg That's on them. I worked in both the table-top and video game industries, and I always played the games I was working on. If I wasn't enjoying and having fun in the game, how in the hell could I expect the players out there, my fellow players, to do so.

    The thing is, I was a designer who was also a gamer. I loved what I did and loved playing what I was creating. If not, then it was either the wrong career choice, or the game was a bad design.

    @justarandy Precisely. Working on a game is a job. Period. And since BHVR prides itself on the claim that their Devs work normal full-time hours, and not the normal industry 80-100 hour weeks, then their job is the same as someone else working full-time nowadays. And gamers find time to game. A Dev, especially those in any type of leadership position for design, should know the game inside and outside from both a design and player perspective.

  • @Redcum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801668#Comment_801668

    Completing 4 gens on your own with Dark Sense is an impossible challenge. Killing 4 survivors in the basement is impossible, this is pure greed. They don't want us to finish the rift. They want us to put even more money in the game.

    Its not impossible to do 4 gens. You could easily go and help somebody with the remaining 1% and it will still say you completed it. For basement you are going to have to camp. Feels bad man

  • @8obot1c said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801777#Comment_801777

    Its not impossible to do 4 gens. You could easily go and help somebody with the remaining 1% and it will still say you completed it. For basement you are going to have to camp. Feels bad man

    You forgot the completely in that challenge.

    You need to finish 4 gens completely with Dark Sense.

    Meaning you need to do it from 0% to 100%

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    You mock the developers, but you don't seem to realise that they spend their time working on the game, not playing it.

    After a long day at work, the last thing they'd likely want to do is casually play the game they dedicate their career to working with.

    They don't have time to spend thousands of hours playing the game and getting good at it.

    Sorry, I just don't feel the love from the devs as they used too...

    Yes the game was bugged and terrible imbalanced way back and a lot got fixed over time. But I miss the old community and communication we had with the devs. How they used to stream and interact, how passionate they talked about the game, killers and survivors.

    Today's I hear no one really praise the blight event or the battlepass/rift. Yes, there were issues with past events, but they still we're fun to play.

    Now it feels like a lifeless chore, something to be done, just to be done.

    With every new addition to the game, they make the game less accessable to newer players, especially by paywalling anti-grind perks. Yes, right now they put BBQ in the Shrine. But everyone who misses the window or just started, don't has the shards to buy it, are out of luck.

    I would rather love to see changes to the grind (less grind to be clear) and tie the lore to the characters. Like adept challenges can unlock hidden secrets or snippets of lore about a character. We already have something like the rift, it is called steam achievements! And we don't had to pay for them.

    Just imagine, that after a regular and fun game you succeed in something and get some lore and insight, that makes you hunger for more, start to research and challenge yourself with amazing plays, winning and or helping your team or just do something goofy as a killer and regardless of the toxicity of the survivors, you will get a reward and get encourage to experiment with different fun playstyles, add-ons, perks to get more of the lore. Play as you like, not as you begin told or forced too.

    Like, letting bleed out too many survivors on accident and the entity will get disappointed in you and takes away some of her entity based perks, like Bamboozle, Blood Warden, Whispers etc. Until you sacrifice a certain amount of survivors. It would be fun to figure such a thing out and to regain the favor of the entity.

    A little lore pop up would be enough, but if you really pour love into it, you can animate a small clip, how the entity take some of your powers and later you are getting them back with a charm, that symbolizes her favor for you.

    Such things would be cool. There would be a reason and a narrative behind it.

    I could brainstorm all day about such scenarios but I ask myself, why can't the devs?

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802101#Comment_802101

    You forgot the completely in that challenge.

    You need to finish 4 gens completely with Dark Sense.

    Meaning you need to do it from 0% to 100%

    Well then if you don't have friends then you are screwed

  • I’m on lvl 38 of the rift and I guess im round I around until November 13th for the new archive. Chill tf out you have over 2 months to finish.

  • @Blackowt_9120 said:

    I’m on lvl 38 of the rift and I guess im round I around until November 13th for the new archive. Chill tf out you have over 2 months to finish.

    You must be doing nothing but play dbd with some pee breaks because I’ve been playing it a lot and I’m only on level 14.

  • @Blackowt_9120 said:

    I’m on lvl 38 of the rift and I guess im round I around until November 13th for the new archive. Chill tf out you have over 2 months to finish.

    I've been playing DBD for literally most of my days and I have only gotten to Level 15. Unless you've bought some tiers I am calling bullshit that you actually got that far that quickly.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801838#Comment_801838

    Well, most people also can't beat dark souls without using a bonfire and/or dying. Guess that means the game is bad since you get an item from doing each of those right?

    Nice strawman argument, you're completely missing the point.

  • @bendermac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801920#Comment_801920

    You really bring in Dark Souls? A game that is hard, sure, but it's never unfair. Aaaaand the devs from From Software surely can beat the game, so do their testers, because they make sure anything they ask is possible. DOH!

    Yes. Because if the argument is stupid for dark souls, its also stupid for dbd.

    So the devs of dark souls, all of them, can and have beaten dark souls without dying and lighting bonfires? Really?

    @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801920#Comment_801920

    Nice strawman argument, you're completely missing the point.

    That's called using your argument against yourself, not a strawman. But good try.

    If the argument is " the devs can't do it, so it's bad", then unless the devs of every game can 100% their game, that part they can't do, is bad.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801987#Comment_801987

    Yes. Because if the argument is stupid for dark souls, its also stupid for dbd.

    So the devs of dark souls, all of them, can and have beaten dark souls without dying and lighting bonfires? Really?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802197#Comment_802197

    That's called using your argument against yourself, not a strawman. But good try.

    If the argument is " the devs can't do it, so it's bad", then unless the devs of every game can 100% their game, that part they can't do, is bad.

    They're also arguing about the fact that the rift is ridiculous and impossible to complete. And for like 90% of players I'd say that's true.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801987#Comment_801987

    Yes. Because if the argument is stupid for dark souls, its also stupid for dbd.

    So the devs of dark souls, all of them, can and have beaten dark souls without dying and lighting bonfires? Really?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802197#Comment_802197

    That's called using your argument against yourself, not a strawman. But good try.

    If the argument is " the devs can't do it, so it's bad", then unless the devs of every game can 100% their game, that part they can't do, is bad.

    The argument of "If the devs can't do it, then it's unreasonable" is because they promised it is possible to be achieved by CASUAL PLAYERS. And the devs are at best casual players of their own game.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802252#Comment_802252

    They're also arguing about the fact that the rift is ridiculous and impossible to complete. And for like 90% of players I'd say that's true.

    But I wasn't making a point against that, was I?

    If you say potatoes are fruit and tomatoes are red, I don't need to address the tomatoes to correct you on the potato part.

    And let's not use big percentages to make our points look better. You have no idea what the percentage is and there's no need to pretend you do.

    It's also not impossible to beat, you don't even need to complete any challenges, you can do it with just playtime (considering you have the time), the challenges just speed it up.

    Is it hard to complete? Yes.

    But you're not entitled to complete it.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802253#Comment_802253

    But I wasn't making a point against that, was I?

    If you say potatoes are fruit and tomatoes are red, I don't need to address the tomatoes to correct you on the potato part.

    And let's not use big percentages to make our points look better. You have no idea what the percentage is and there's no need to pretend you do.

    It's also not impossible to beat, you don't even need to complete any challenges, you can do it with just playtime (considering you have the time), the challenges just speed it up.

    Is it hard to complete? Yes.

    But you're not entitled to complete it.

    No we're not, but we paid. They are blatantly using cash grab methods, which whatever companies need to make money but this game *isn't free*.

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802252#Comment_802252

    The argument of "If the devs can't do it, then it's unreasonable" is because they promised it is possible to be achieved by CASUAL PLAYERS. And the devs are at best casual players of their own game.

    And how do you know casual players can't do it?

    How much play time is required to be a casual? How much playtime until you're no longer a casual? Are you a casual if you play a little everyday? What if you play a lot but only on the weekends? What is a casual?

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802301#Comment_802301

    No we're not, but we paid. They are blatantly using cash grab methods, which whatever companies need to make money but this game *isn't free*.

    You paid for the rift? I got it as a free update...weird

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802306#Comment_802306

    You paid for the rift? I got it as a free update...weird

    I don't know if this is trolling or just sarcasm but if you expect people to pay for the Rift, which is 10 dollars by the way, then you should expect the challenges and timeframe to be reasonable.

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802311#Comment_802311

    I don't know if this is trolling or just sarcasm but if you expect people to pay for the Rift, which is 10 dollars by the way, then you should expect the challenges and timeframe to be reasonable.

    Sarcasm.

    And you can pay after you make all the progress. They don't say "you pay, you gain everything"

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802254#Comment_802254

    And how do you know casual players can't do it?

    How much play time is required to be a casual? How much playtime until you're no longer a casual? Are you a casual if you play a little everyday? What if you play a lot but only on the weekends? What is a casual?

    The devs themselves said that they expect casual players to play 1 hour a day. And that they can still finish the Rift despite playing only 1 hour a day. Obviously when you actually count the math, you need to play at least 8 matches a day (as well as do all of the challenges) to finish the whole Rift. And that is if you get matches that don't end within 30 seconds. And that is not counting the queue times for both sides.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801668#Comment_801668

    We all have a job aswell. We work, we care about family, we study, we eat, we sleep etc. Why can't the devs be good? Are they working 18h per day?

    Kind of senseless but ok.

    We all work but I’m sure for example, if you had a job at an amusement park and you work there everyday for 8 hours or more, the last thing you would want to do is go there and be present without earning money.

    Maybe with family but nah you wouldn’t enjoy it.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802318#Comment_802318

    Sarcasm.

    And you can pay after you make all the progress. They don't say "you pay, you gain everything"

    They lied about 1hr a day being enough, a lie alone makes this undefendable.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802323#Comment_802323

    They lied about 1hr a day being enough, a lie alone makes this undefendable.

    You don't know that. You're expeculating.

    And even then, no. It doesn't.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802344#Comment_802344

    You don't know that. You're expeculating.

    And even then, no. It doesn't.

    I do know that, they literally said it.

  • They said one hour isn't enough?

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801668#Comment_801668

    We all have a job aswell. We work, we care about family, we study, we eat, we sleep etc. Why can't the devs be good? Are they working 18h per day?

    As per usual, 0 logic used.

    Do you really think most developers work on a game for 8 - 12 hours a day and then go home and play that game for 5/6 hours a day?

    Sure, there are some devs that play their games, but they certainly don't play it as much as their hardcore fan base.


    Maybe the pass just isn't for you then? It's clearly aimed at people who already grind the game out.

  • @Redcum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801668#Comment_801668

    Completing 4 gens on your own with Dark Sense is an impossible challenge. Killing 4 survivors in the basement is impossible, this is pure greed. They don't want us to finish the rift. They want us to put even more money in the game.

    Where is the logic in this?

    The tome 4 challenges equal a whopping 7 tiers, I think you'll be fine without getting them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802390#Comment_802390

    https://youtu.be/yl1WOSx415I

    Maybe quit defending something you don't know the facts about.

    And for the record, some of the challenges are even more difficult now than they were on the PTB. The Dark Sense one for example used to be 2 generators and now it's 4 -- after the feedback that they were already pretty difficult.

    Now, getting to your Dark Souls example, the thing with Dark Souls is that you can take as much time as you need to do it. There's no time limit to completing the rift, meaning if I wanted to play 30 minutes of Dark Souls a day to beat it without dying, I can do so at my own pace. Secondly, Dark Souls is advertised for a niche audience. It is not advertised as being able to be done by playing "just an hour a day" as they have told us, and that being just a blatant lie. Even if you started the rift with every single challenge unlocked, you'd only be halfway done the rift and would still need to play more than 2 hours every day to still reach the end of the rift.

    Now we know that some of these challenges cannot be completed by even most people, let alone casuals. So we're looking at probably at least 3 hours every day for the average player.

    Then we have to consider queue times, disconnects and dedicated servers also just kicking people randomly, bugs not saving progress and the fact that not every match will give you the most efficient amount of XP. So it's probably going to be closer to 4 hours everyday.

    Don't know about you -- but that's a bull ######### amount of time and is nowhere even close to being casual as they tried to sell us, let alone the whole "an hour a day".

    If they didn't try to falsely advertise the rift as much as they did, I wouldn't even be nearly as angry. However instead, they either willingly falsely advertised this thing, which is an awful thing and makes me no longer want to trust them at all, or none of the people at BHVR know how to do simple math and are woefully in touch with the community, which is also an awful thing and makes me no longer want to trust them because they literally don't know what the hell they are doing. Either way it's a poor outlook.

    The only defense you (and a few other people) have for this thing is that you can technically finish it, which is dumb, because it should be realistically possible to finish it, not technically, and that it does one pro-consumer thing in letting you wait until the end so you can see what you bought, which this one thing is being used to validate all the other bullshit the rift does.

    Maybe quit complaining about something you don't know the facts about?

    Those challenges are also still subject to change. So let's get mad about it when they are actively right.


    Meaningless distiction is meaningless.


    "We know" some of these can't be completed by most people... do we? How so? Because the challenge isn't live yet. We can only expeculate. Just like this random 3 hours figure you added there, could have put any number there...would have the same effect.

    Oh wow...random number increase. Nice. So 4 hours now?

    Define casual. Then we can talk what is or isn't casual.

    We only know 1.5/4 of the challenges. Rewards, the challenges themselves, all of this can still change.

    So...the fact that you can finish it isn't good enough to show that you can finish it? Wow... does it even need anything else? At the end of the day, it's free content, you only pay if you want to. And you can pay after you're satisfied with the rewards

    All I'm saying is, chill a bit. We don't have the full picture yet.

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802152#Comment_802152

    I've been playing DBD for literally most of my days and I have only gotten to Level 15. Unless you've bought some tiers I am calling bullshit that you actually got that far that quickly.

    I started on level 19. They gave you rewards for all the exp you’ve accrued since October 18

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803315#Comment_803315

    What facts don't I know?

    The fact is that the Rift was advertised to be casual friendly, yet we see that it requires a ridiculous amount of hours that goes against that claim with challenges designed to start off easy at first to lure people in only to be very frustrating to complete with a very limited amount of time to complete the hardest ones to get the rift fragments. Again as I've said, even in the most upmost best case scenario which is basically impossible, it still requires devoting a couple of hours a day. I dunno about you, but that doesn't sound casual at all to me. Would you describe a casual as: "A person who plays a single game for multiple hours everyday day"?

    We do know more than 1.5/4 challenges. We could see all of the challenges on the PTB. And in fact, they have changed from the PTB -- to be even harder than they were from the PTB version. That NOED one used to be only 2 kills. That Dark sense one used to be 2 generators -- not 4. Etc. Etc.

    "Subject to change" isn't an excuse. This is a product that they're selling now and I'm going to review it as it is now -- not what they may change it to be in the future. I'm also the type of person where, when it comes to a company, who's motive is of course always to make money, that first impressions say a lot. Especially on something where a majority of the community had said that they DO NOT want a battle-pass in DBD and they ignored that feedback anyways. What was even the point of that survey?

    To me, this seems like the age-old tactic game developers always do; pushing the bubble as far as they can until the bubble pops, and then taking a single step back. If it's not this, then the only other logical explanation is again, they are woefully disconnected from their playerbase and their own game. Again, either reason is not good. And how shady that we don't have the "full picture" of something and yet is still sold at full price in the store? Sounds pretty anti-consumer to me.

    You can try arguing against the math and the time required all you want. But unless something changes drastically and changes soon, then I'll be seeing you later in 67 more days when you've played for more than 250 hours and still haven't maxed your rift and will be looking at the time saver options in the store.

    Heh. “Options.”

    Those “time saver” “options” are neither. They WANT and ENCOURAGE you to buy those skips so that $10 pass becomes an entry fee and you end up spending much more than that. If you want to skip you WILL be dropping an extra $5 AT LEAST. Also by the time you will actually want to get such “time savers” - you will have already wasted your time and energy trying to get to the next level and you’re FORCED to buy if you want to proceed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803315#Comment_803315

    What facts don't I know?

    The fact is that the Rift was advertised to be casual friendly, yet we see that it requires a ridiculous amount of hours that goes against that claim with challenges designed to start off easy at first to lure people in only to be very frustrating to complete with a very limited amount of time to complete the hardest ones to get the rift fragments. Again as I've said, even in the most upmost best case scenario which is basically impossible, it still requires devoting a couple of hours a day. I dunno about you, but that doesn't sound casual at all to me. Would you describe a casual as: "A person who plays a single game for multiple hours everyday day"?

    We do know more than 1.5/4 challenges. We could see all of the challenges on the PTB. And in fact, they have changed from the PTB -- to be even harder than they were from the PTB version. That NOED one used to be only 2 kills. That Dark sense one used to be 2 generators -- not 4. Etc. Etc.

    "Subject to change" isn't an excuse. This is a product that they're selling now and I'm going to review it as it is now -- not what they may change it to be in the future. I'm also the type of person where, when it comes to a company, who's motive is of course always to make money, that first impressions say a lot. Especially on something where a majority of the community had said that they DO NOT want a battle-pass in DBD and they ignored that feedback anyways. What was even the point of that survey?

    To me, this seems like the age-old tactic game developers always do; pushing the bubble as far as they can until the bubble pops, and then taking a single step back. If it's not this, then the only other logical explanation is again, they are woefully disconnected from their playerbase and their own game. Again, either reason is not good. And how shady that we don't have the "full picture" of something and yet is still sold at full price in the store? Sounds pretty anti-consumer to me.

    You can try arguing against the math and the time required all you want. But unless something changes drastically and changes soon, then I'll be seeing you later in 67 more days when you've played for more than 250 hours and still haven't maxed your rift and will be looking at the time saver options in the store.

    Besides what tomes 2, 3 and 4 will look like? Because they are still subject to change. You also don't know how many hours it takes to complete the rift, all you have is speculation.


    They didn't advertise it as casual friendly. They said they wanted casuals to be able to do it.

    That description fits several moms and grandmoms playing candy crush or whatever on their phone. Are they hardcore gamers? Is time spend playing games what makes you hardcore or casual?


    You do realize you just confirmed to only knowing 1.5/4 right? Exactly because the challenges changed.


    What the product is now, is access to the premium track. That's all. You are not paying for the rift, you are not buying the items, you are not buying the charms.


    The majority? Or the vocal minority? Because I don't know which it is. Either way... the battle pass is opitional, you don't need to deal with it if you don't want too and the people who want it, get it. I didn't take the survey since I don't play on pc, I don't even know what was asked.


    That's a false dicotomy.

    What you buy is access to the premium track. The premium track is there to be seen in full. You don't pay for the tomes.


    Math based on speculation is still just speculation. Sure, the number looks big, but we still don't have all the data.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803989#Comment_803989

    How kind of them to sell us a half-baked feature that's still "subject to change" and not finished yet then. Whoops.

    "All you have is speculation."

    I'll tell you what: Here is a burnt piece of toast. Wait, what's that? You don't want to eat it? You can't say it will taste awful. That's just speculation on your part.

    You buy access to the premium track. The premium track is tied to the archives. The archives are tied to challenges to complete them. The challenges are tied to the base game. Without these, you would literally be purchasing nothing. The whole archives thing is literally an advertisement for the premium rift. It's not as black and white as you're trying to make it sound as they all tie back to each other. The Rift and premium track is advertised almost every waking moment in the menus, in the archives, before a match and after a match.

    Finally, this whole notion that the battle pass is optional is also false. Because I sure as ######### do not enjoy having a Jake Park running around like his head is cut off literally trying to disturb every stupid crow in the map so he could further himself in his battlepass rather than doing something actually productive to the survivor objective in the game? So if it's so optional as you claim, please tell me where the hell I can go to avoid people like that from getting my matches? Where's the option to stop being reminded that this system exists every moment that isn't in the middle of the match?

    I didn't read your entire comment because I didn't need to, but you haven't bought the archives at all, it was all free, you may have paid for the rift but you're getting confused, doesn't surprise me really.

    While the archives do boost you on the rift, they are still separate, you can complete the archives without ever putting money into the game, I think some of you need to realise this, regardless of whether you care about the rift or not, you'd have still been trying to do the archives challenges because they are fun, what you're mad about hasn't been sold to you "incomplete" because you haven't bought it.

  • @Redcum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801668#Comment_801668

    Completing 4 gens on your own with Dark Sense is an impossible challenge. Killing 4 survivors in the basement is impossible, this is pure greed. They don't want us to finish the rift. They want us to put even more money in the game.

    The challenges aren't required to complete the rift. Why does everyone come back to this. Just get the xp by playing normal and the rift completes itself...Chances are those challenges wont even make it live judging from the amount of backlash already

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/804006#Comment_804006

    I didn't read your entire comment because I didn't need to either, then.

    That's ok, other people will read my comment and realise how wrong you are.

‹ 1 2