Nurse is still top tier, I bloody dare you to change my mind

Nurse is literally the same except OMEGA blink no longer exists and has a cool down on her power, all they really did

Comments

  • Few people think that she isn't top tier anymore after rework. Just Spirit and MAYBE Billy with their best add-ons might be stronger or as strong as her.

  • Come play on console. Completely different ball game there. Same with Huntress.

  • If the cool down changes nothing then why have it?

  • Yeah, she will still mop the floor if you really know what you're doing with her.

    She will just be extra challenging for people who don't have over 2,000 hours just playing her. Which I think is how it should be, she's a killer that ignores most chase mechanics and can end a chase really quickly if you're not careful.

    So I think adding her add-ons will make her harder to play, which would make it easier and fair for survivors to survive against players who haven't practiced much with her or isn't Godly with using her powers.

  • @Mr_K said:

    If the cool down changes nothing then why have it?

    I didn't say it changes nothing, I said she is still at the same tier pretty much


    It exists to prevent spamming of both blinks alot

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796004#Comment_796004

    I didn't say it changes nothing, I said she is still at the same tier pretty much

    It exists to prevent spamming of both blinks alot

    How does one spam blinks?

  • It isn't that she isn't strong after the change, she just isn't fun.

    You already had a risk-reward with her power that punished you if you failed. Now it punishes you if you succeed and it extra punishes you if you fail. We didn't need even more pressure on killer gameplay atm because base game mechanics surrounding gens isn't exactly good or thought out.

  • My position is still wait and see how she feels when not on dedicated servers.

  • The cooldown is pretty small after fatigue unless you run triple blink, and survivors only gain 0.5 meters compared to before iirc. She's most likely still going to be the strongest killer.

    A lot of Nurses are saying adding something else to keep track of, no matter how small, has killed their fun with the character and that's their problem with the changes.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    The cooldown is pretty small after fatigue unless you run triple blink, and survivors only gain 0.5 meters compared to before iirc. She's most likely still going to be the strongest killer.

    A lot of Nurses are saying adding something else to keep track of, no matter how small, has killed their fun with the character and that's their problem with the changes.

    Yeah, have fun following survivors while you recharge your power

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796056#Comment_796056

    Yeah, have fun following survivors while you recharge your power

    Yeah, have fun keeping them in Line of Sight before downing them because Nurse's powers (and I can't believe I have to keep repeating this) ignores most chase mechanics.

    I think it's a fair trade to have a cooldown for a power that can literally end chases before it even begins.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796056#Comment_796056

    Yeah, have fun following survivors while you recharge your power

    its only ~3 seconds unless you miss a swing and can be further reduced by add-ons. Oh no, they gained half a meter on me, what ever will I do. Guess I'll float here for a bit then go through the wall/pallet/air and hit them anyway.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796075#Comment_796075

    its only ~3 seconds unless you miss a swing and can be further reduced by add-ons. Oh no, they gained half a meter on me, what ever will I do. Guess I'll float here for a bit then go through the wall/pallet/air and hit them anyway.

    3.5 seconds is a full charge and 20 meters blink distance.

  • The skill ceiling on Nurse is now higher, god tier Nurses will still be god tier but the average (or god forbid the newbie) Nurse will be easier to play against.

    Its still to early to tell but i think Gen Grab Spirit might be stronger than Nurse now.

  • I mean yeah, she still has a power that's totally in a league of its own that basically can't be matched by anything but similar powers even on a conceptual level. Obviously harder to play her and probably more annoying though, especially if the cooldown "Ding!" is still there. Didn't try her too much on the PTB, so we'll see how she plays "for real" I guess.

  • iv'e opened a new post about this. i don't understand why most people find her hard to play against. i'm rank 4-5 and find her so easy, she bottom tier for me and i play on ps4. are nurses on ps4 easier or something?

    as a killer before changes i found her really hard to use, so now probably even harder!

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Come play on console. Completely different ball game there. Same with Huntress.

    I do play console, I play xbox

  • Her new addons suck.

    2 "speed limiters"

    "Lets make the nurse a 115% killer..." UR

    The obligatory "undo the nerf"-cooldown addon. I cxan already tell that its the only addon getting fished for on the web. Same as what happened with legion.

  • I'm on the fence whether she's still the absolute best killer in the game, but she's definitely top tier. People who say she's C tier now gotta be on something.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    I'm on the fence whether she's still the absolute best killer in the game, but she's definitely top tier. People who say she's C tier now gotta be on something.

    seriously i'm gonna make a boring tally chart then, so i can see just how many times i beat her. i'm definitely not on anything either, lol

  • She's still strong sure but she has much more counterplay now.

    Her Model appearing at the destination before she actually does to give survivors time to react is a small but big change.

    The Recharge is a big change, There was a bug in PTB that made the recharge start quicker than it should when attacking and the add ons that made the recharge quicker have been changed as well so we'll see now with the update how this part turns out.

  • I just would have preferred they did anything else but make her awkward to play due to an overly aggressive killer now having

    a - a fatigue + wait time before blinking, which causes insane survivor distance + LoS

    b - her power having a charge, which goes against her as a killer and simply makes her awkward to play, and if you accidentally charge your blink when you don't have 2 blinks, you can't recharge til you re-enter fatigue, which means you will completely lose your chase.

    That doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's a -huge- deal. The ability to gain LoS + distance is what counters the Nurse, and it's just been made real easy.

    The game isn't supposed to be balanced around the few killers who can destroy people based on some outliers who are god tier Nurse's. Your average Nurse wasn't really all that difficult to play against - and you often got a ton of points for playing against Nurse's who play fairly.

    At the end of the day I guess I guess I should just be surprised they didn't make her completely useless

  • Add me on steam and try to catch me with new nurse in KYF mode. I will change your mind. She is worthless without addons and even with them kinda meh.

  • Top tier? Extremely doubtful, given that she wasn't even tested with the nerf properly implemented...

    • Fixed an issue that would cause the blink recharge timer to start too early if the player attacks after blinking.

    Also, they gave her cooldown add-ons "The Legion Treatment"

    • Dark Cincture: Blink recharge time modifier changed from -0.6 seconds to -0.4 seconds.
    • Fragile Wheeze: Blink recharge time modifier changed from -0.9 seconds to -0.6 seconds


  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796075#Comment_796075

    Yeah, have fun keeping them in Line of Sight before downing them because Nurse's powers (and I can't believe I have to keep repeating this) ignores most chase mechanics.

    I think it's a fair trade to have a cooldown for a power that can literally end chases before it even begins.

    I will try and explain this to you.

    YOU. NEED. PREDICTION. TO. USE. HER.

    When you give them so much time to get to another LOS break you're just caught in a cycle of following them because if you waste a blink or 2 trying to predict them you're going to get ever further behind.

    I swear to god none of you have ever played Nurse for more than 1 game because all of the ######### you say you wouldn't if you actually played her.

  • @bomb1720 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796149#Comment_796149

    seriously i'm gonna make a boring tally chart then, so i can see just how many times i beat her. i'm definitely not on anything either, lol

    Dude, you're on console. Nurse has always been garbage on console.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796080#Comment_796080

    I will try and explain this to you.

    YOU. NEED. PREDICTION. TO. USE. HER.

    When you give them so much time to get to another LOS break you're just caught in a cycle of following them because if you waste a blink or 2 trying to predict them you're going to get ever further behind.

    I swear to god none of you have ever played Nurse for more than 1 game because all of the ######### you say you wouldn't if you actually played her.

    It's mostly people who haven't played her at red ranks. Base no add ons Nurse at red ranks can be extremely difficuly when survivors can deduce the exact blink ranges. It was entirely possible to kite her at max range with base distance, charge, and fatigue before the cooldown was added. There are going to be instances now where a survivor can hold W starting at the edge of her terror radius and the Nurse won't be able to catch up until the survivor physically has to turn at a 90 degree angle. They've created a math problem.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796004#Comment_796004

    I didn't say it changes nothing, I said she is still at the same tier pretty much

    It exists to prevent spamming of both blinks alot

    No, the fatigue exists to prevent spamming, the cooldown shouldnt

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796015#Comment_796015

    No, the fatigue exists to prevent spamming, the cooldown shouldnt

    Yeah. On the tooltip you get for playing her it lists her downside as fatigue and slow movement. Devs already had TWO METHODS for making her weaker, they could've easily just adjusted those but instead they went and created an entire new mechanic to tie into the cooldown phase they're going through.

  • The thing that bothers me about the nerf is the message it sends. Base no add ons Nurse was difficult when facing capable survivors who knew how she worked, knew the distances and charge times, etc. They forced line of sight breaks during fatigue and made you predict how much you needed to charge blinks. They could have stuck with the add on nerf and left it there. But instead they're signaling to the players, "You don't have to learn the counterplay, we'll build in arbitrary power restrictions instead." I'm waiting on the Freddy nerf because many survivors still won't drop pallets early against him.

  • how dare you defend a slight nerf to a killer who is literally the most broken killer in the game right now and needed adjustments? °^°

    stoopid survivoa main!

    /s

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The thing that bothers me about the nerf is the message it sends. Base no add ons Nurse was difficult when facing capable survivors who knew how she worked, knew the distances and charge times, etc. They forced line of sight breaks during fatigue and made you predict how much you needed to charge blinks. They could have stuck with the add on nerf and left it there. But instead they're signaling to the players, "You don't have to learn the counterplay, we'll build in arbitrary power restrictions instead." I'm waiting on the Freddy nerf because many survivors still won't drop pallets early against him.

    Doubt Freddy will be nerfed anytime soon. But who knows? Maybe God hates Freddy mains.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Nurse is literally the same except OMEGA blink no longer exists and has a cool down on her power, all they really did

    Okay...

  • Poof its now opposite day without realizing so your mind was changed without you knowing

  • @Hoodied said:

    Nurse is literally the same except OMEGA blink no longer exists and has a cool down on her power, all they really did

    No You (☞゚∀゚)☞

  • nure is trash now because of the dedicated servers lol. i always get pulled back after blinking. love this amazon servers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The thing that bothers me about the nerf is the message it sends. Base no add ons Nurse was difficult when facing capable survivors who knew how she worked, knew the distances and charge times, etc. They forced line of sight breaks during fatigue and made you predict how much you needed to charge blinks. They could have stuck with the add on nerf and left it there. But instead they're signaling to the players, "You don't have to learn the counterplay, we'll build in arbitrary power restrictions instead." I'm waiting on the Freddy nerf because many survivors still won't drop pallets early against him.

    Yeah I'm left to wonder how many people complaining base-kit was OP actually know what to do against a Nurse? Do they know you can't do the same EXACT thing you do for all other killers?

  • @Quol said:

    The skill ceiling on Nurse is now higher, god tier Nurses will still be god tier but the average (or god forbid the newbie) Nurse will be easier to play against.

    Its still to early to tell but i think Gen Grab Spirit might be stronger than Nurse now.

    ?

    Average and newbie nurses were always bullied. Now they can be bullied even more, lel.