Are you a survivor or killer main?

What would you consider yourself and what are your reasons? I would consider myself mostly a survivor main since I SWF and play solo Survivor a lot, but I enjoy playing Killer, too, and prefer it often due to the points you can get while playing Killer.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I play Killer almost exclusively. Survivor gameplay sounds fun in theory, but in practice, there are far too many quick time events for my liking. Which is to say, more than zero.

    And yes, I know I could play as a distraction and spend most of the match being chased by the killer instead, but even then, most killers are no fools. They'll give up eventually if they can't catch you. Then I have to go back to doing quick time events to try and get their attention.

  • I play both about equally, going through spurts where I might play one role more than the other, which is usually dependent on queue times more than my mood.

  • @Monlyth said:

    I play Killer almost exclusively. Survivor gameplay sounds fun in theory, but in practice, there are far too many quick time events for my liking. Which is to say, more than zero.

    And yes, I know I could play as a distraction and spend most of the match being chased by the killer instead, but even then, most killers are no fools. They'll give up eventually if they can't catch you. Then I have to go back to doing quick time events to try and get their attention.

    Oh, you mean the M1 simulator portion? haha I understand not liking that. I think my favorite parts are the killer interactions and the teammate interactions.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I play both about equally, going through spurts where I might play one role more than the other, which is usually dependent on queue times more than my mood.

    Are you on console or PC? Queue times are pretty awful for me on both killer and survivor atm. I'm not sure if it's bugged or if it's a rank/location issue. I get it depending on queue time. c:

  • If you count by playtime, I guess I'd be a Survivor Main but I honestly see myself more as a Killer main. Cannot handle the stress and frustration too well.

  • @fluffymareep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778108#Comment_778108

    Are you on console or PC? Queue times are pretty awful for me on both killer and survivor atm. I'm not sure if it's bugged or if it's a rank/location issue. I get it being depend on queue time. c:

    Console. I play on PS4. The queue times can be all over the place. They often vary depending on the time of day, with sometimes survivor being quicker and sometimes killer being quicker.

  • @se05239 said:

    If you count by playtime, I guess I'd be a Survivor Main but I honestly see myself more as a Killer main. Cannot handle the stress and frustration too well.

    A lot of times when I'm playing, it's during breaks and I'm being dragged in with some friends. I think that's the biggest reason I'd consider myself a Survivor main since I kinda play socially and goof off with friends while playing. I can understand certain things making you stressed out or frustrated. I quite like how thrilling and active killer is. I like messing around and while toxic survivors are annoying, the wholesome ones are adorable and cool to come across. Same could be said for killers, too.

  • I used to play killer a lot more but as of recent I've been playing both pretty evenly.

  • I play survivor 60% of the time :P

  • It's like 60% Killer and 40% Survivor.

  • I play both, but I prefer killer. I think it takes more skill, but I know there are things like (perfect looping) that I'm not good at as survivor.

  • I play survivor almost exclusively, the main reason being that when I play the game it's almost always with friends. If I played by myself more often (as used to be the case back when I was so into DBD that I couldn't get enough of it) I would probably play more a mix of the two, because I don't have anything really against playing killer, it's more a matter of circumstance than anything else.

  • The person that mains survivor has a survivor icon and the person that mains killer has a killer icon lol.


    But my opinions. If you play the game you should play both for the experience :)

  • Killer main. If Solo que was more reliable then I would play survivor more, but rando's can ruin fun in a matter of 2 games xD.

  • I play both equally, although I haven't been doing a good job of that seeing as my Survivor rank is below my Killer rank ^^;

  • Enjoying Survivor more, playing 60% Survivor, 40% Killer, most of the time.

  • Killer-dont have to deal with "teammates" who bring items but still searching the chest(even tho you have "ace in the hole"and"Plunderer's Instinct"but they need those points.)

    Or with "reammates" who drop pallet because they heard heart beat.

    And who also tries to insta unhook a guy in front of a killer.

  • I tend to have the same rank on both, if I get to 7 in killer I change to survivor till I get to 7

  • I would like to play survivor more, but ever since dedicated servers, my queue wait times for survivor are around 6-10 min day and night.

  • Survivor. Can't deal with the stress playing killer brings.

  • I play both as equally as I can, but I'm way better with killer than I am survivor.

  • Nice. An even bell curve.

  • I usually play with a friend so I play survivor a lot more. I enjoy playing both and try to get killer games in whenever I can.

  • I used to play both sides equally, but got more and more into killer over the time. Survivor gameplay is just boring outside of chases.

  • @Raven014 said:

    I play both, but I prefer killer. I think it takes more skill, but I know there are things like (perfect looping) that I'm not good at as survivor.

    There's honestly more control with killer, too. While there's still variables you have to attest with while playing killer, you don't have to deal with mouth breathing teammates who really want to kill the team off or who really don't want to do anything.

    @8obot1c said:

    The person that mains survivor has a survivor icon and the person that mains killer has a killer icon lol.

    But my opinions. If you play the game you should play both for the experience :)

    It's funny how all other groups are kinda random, though.

    @BunnyTheHutt said:

    Killer main. If Solo que was more reliable then I would play survivor more, but rando's can ruin fun in a matter of 2 games xD.

    That's understandable. A lot of time when I play solo, I do my best to not get caught since my first hook is typically death hook (and not because the killer's camping).

    @FrodoWillis said:

    Killer-dont have to deal with "teammates" who bring items but still searching the chest(even tho you have "ace in the hole"and"Plunderer's Instinct"but they need those points.)

    Or with "reammates" who drop pallet because they heard heart beat.

    And who also tries to insta unhook a guy in front of a killer.

    Or teammates who block you while you're trying to get away from the killer during a chase lol. I get that, though.

    @NuclearBurrito said:

    Nice. An even bell curve.

    I saw someone else do a poll a while back, but they only had "killer" or "survivor." I thought that could be missing some people who main both or only sometimes play the other side.

  • 100% survivor main lately

  • @GrootDude said:

    100% survivor main lately

    'Cause of wait time? I believe I remember you to be 50/50.

  • @fluffymareep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779771#Comment_779771

    'Cause of wait time? I believe I remember you to be 50/50.

    I was but I find killer boring nowadays