Sick of Ruin? I got The Answer for you!

Come one, come all, my dear survivor brethren. You know how it is. You pack your Engineer's Toolkit with instruction manual and extra charges, run to a gen, only to see the red skill trigger and smoke rises out of your gen!

Ugh!

Can't a survivor fix gens in peace? I don't want to do gen tapping!

Well you're in luck. Instead of doing meme gen tapping, you can do something far, far superior and praisworthy:

The Ultimate Ruin Buster Build™!

  • No Mither
  • Spine Chill
  • Resilience
  • This is not Happening

Using the power of this build, you just charge straight to the nearest gen, hoping the killer has ruin. When the red truth shows up you smile, seeing the juicy big ruin skill check, and effortlessly nail that bugger with aplomb! And since you're hurt and dying you are also doing the gen 9% faster!

The killer won't know what hit him! How are these gens popping left and right? "Who is doing this?! Ruin hasn't even broken yet? Why did I even use Ruin! Ahhh I wasted a perk slot!"

The Ultimate Ruin Buster® Get your copy now. If you do this before our commercial break, we'll throw in this free absolutely overpowered No Mither Meme build for your pleasure.

  • No Mither
  • Inner Strength
  • Second Wind
  • Self Care

Comments

  • Or you could just bring 1 perk for this, Stake Out

  • Just run small game

  • I like how you made this like a store offering, like my One Stop Shop for Legion Ideas! (TM) over in Feed Back.

    Though please quit telling people how to make gens go EVEN FASTER. I already get 2 popped before I down the first guy, even if he's bad! (sometimes)

  • Sure, survivors who can't hit ruin, sure can play with no mither, lel.

  • @YaiPa said:

    Sure, survivors who can't hit ruin, sure can play with no mither, lel.

    I lol’d at this Bc I thought the same thing but wasn’t going to say anything.

  • Or survivors could stop bringing the purple toolboxes with brand new part and perks that speed things up and stop gen rushing every game, then killers won't need to rely on ruin

  • You could also just try hitting skillchecks until you're good at it, or memorize totem locations.

  • Hitting Great's becomes pretty easy after a while tbh. Ruin is very overrated, doesn't buy you that much time.

  • I have another suggestion.

    The Ruin Destroyer:

    Small Game

    Stake Out

    This Is Not Happening

    Spine Chill

    To take out the Ruin before your teammates become immersed.

  • @8obot1c said:

    Or you could just bring 1 perk for this, Stake Out

    What! A comptetitor!

    Sir, this is a breach of the Fair Trade Agreement. I reserve my right to peddle my wares without a superior alternative being flaunted in my customer's faces!

  • Run Hunch. Power through one gen, cleanse Ruin.

  • I like your moxie kid.

  • My personal favourite would be a map that shows the auras to other survivors and Detective's Hunch (especially after the next update). Do one generator, you see all the auras, every other survivor sees the auras as well. That Ruin ain't lasting long. Seeing exactly where each of them are saves so much time.

  • Untitled Image

    Or you could just look for the totem.

    Ruin isn't just there to directly the slow the gens. It is there to give you something else to do.

  • I'll stick with my strategy of finding and destroying Ruin in under 60 seconds.

  • I'm definitely going to try out this build when I get home. XD

  • This brings a smile on my face. #MakeNoMitherMeta

  • lmao this made my day

  • @8obot1c said:

    Or you could just bring 1 perk for this, Stake Out

    Welp, you just made his post look like a complete 🤡

  • I’ll just continue to hit the skillchecks lol

  • I just hit the skillchecks.

    After lowering my resolution to a stretcehd 4:3 the skillchecks are smooth like a baby ass and are not too hard to hit.

  • Lovely post, entertaining and helpful for everyone who doesn't know this build or can't do ruin skillchecks! Thanks :)

  • @YaiPa said:

    Sure, survivors who can't hit ruin, sure can play with no mither, lel.

    Some people just don't have 60+ fps which is a big deal regarding ruin skillchecks. I by myself couldn't hit ruin skillchecks with my old pc cuz it had only 30 fps. As soon as I played on a new pc with 60 fps I was nailing them quite easy.

  • Just run small game

  • Nah, I'll risk No Ed.

    I like spicy matches anyway. 😈

  • Love you Mochan, but did not laugh.

    *Thumbs Down*

  • @Hoodied said:

    Just run small game

    ...and benefit from the extra BP's for totems into the bargain! :)

  • I actually used this build some time ago. It worked pretty well, but the killers would often tunnel pretty hard because they knew I was doing generators fast.

  • You could just run Small Game..

    Those perks are really bad.. But I admire your enthusiasm. 90% of the maps I can find Ruin in the first minute with SG.

  • Well tbfh I don't use ruin on any killer, it's a terrible perk. Rather use PGTW for them easy gen destructions.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    Well tbfh I don't use ruin on any killer, it's a terrible perk. Rather use PGTW for them easy gen destructions.

    Ruin is too engraved in the meta.

    When 80%+ of players run it at red ranks, going into a match without Small Game doesn’t make sense. Well, at least to me it doesn’t.

  • @Mochan said:

    Come one, come all, my dear survivor brethren. You know how it is. You pack your Engineer's Toolkit with instruction manual and extra charges, run to a gen, only to see the red skill trigger and smoke rises out of your gen!

    Ugh!

    Can't a survivor fix gens in peace? I don't want to do gen tapping!

    Well you're in luck. Instead of doing meme gen tapping, you can do something far, far superior and praisworthy:

    The Ultimate Ruin Buster Build™!

    • No Mither
    • Spine Chill
    • Resilience
    • This is not Happening

    Using the power of this build, you just charge straight to the nearest gen, hoping the killer has ruin. When the red truth shows up you smile, seeing the juicy big ruin skill check, and effortlessly nail that bugger with aplomb! And since you're hurt and dying you are also doing the gen 9% faster!

    The killer won't know what hit him! How are these gens popping left and right? "Who is doing this?! Ruin hasn't even broken yet? Why did I even use Ruin! Ahhh I wasted a perk slot!"

    The Ultimate Ruin Buster® Get your copy now. If you do this before our commercial break, we'll throw in this free absolutely overpowered No Mither Meme build for your pleasure.

    • No Mither
    • Inner Strength
    • Second Wind
    • Self Care

    Or! You can just get good and actually land your hex skill checks .

    Trust me, nothing is more satisfying than popping gens through ruin and the killer barely gets their first hook.

  • replace spine chill with iron will... for sure.


    you won't be staring at the killer all trial

  • @altruistic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/771072#Comment_771072

    Ruin is too engraved in the meta.

    When 80%+ of players run it at red ranks, going into a match without Small Game doesn’t make sense. Well, at least to me it doesn’t.

    You can probably memorize totem spots except on the new map, that's a pain. But badham is literally like always basement, a lit totem.

  • How fast do the gens get done with this build out of curiosity