Leave Spirit Alone

I don't know why everyone is complaining about spirit being "annoying". Like you never complained about her before, why now?. Like the only thing that needs to be change about her is Anal Beads add on( which just needs to a ultra rare) So y'all need to stop whining about spirit and complain about what NEEDS to be complained about.

Comments

  • I don't like your attitude right now mister

  • @Chubster said:

    I don't like your attitude right now mister

    I'm sorry, But i'm so annoyed about "Spirit needs a nerf" or "Spirit is OP" like who next Hag?,Plauge? hell maybe even Clown

  • Spirit needs nerf...







    But only for Prayer Beads and don't tell me that Prayer Beads is FiNe.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    1. People have always complained about Spirit. Just most of it was overshadowed by Legion, who was much worse.
    2. Making a problematic add-on ultra rare, does not change the fact that the add-on is still problematic.

    actually making it ultra rare means that you would see less of it because it would be more expensive in theory

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    Spirit needs nerf...

    But only for Prayer Beads and don't tell me that Prayer Beads is FiNe.

    just swap it's rarity and we'll be good

  • Spirit op PlEaSe NeRf!!!!!

    ”Anal beads” lol I bet those are op.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749040#Comment_749040

    And? How does that make it any less of a problem design wise than it was before?

    The problem with the add-on isn't how frequently it appears. It's what it does. Changing the rarity of the add-on does not mean its effect isn't going to be worse -- the very thing people are complaining about.

    For example, iridescent head hatchets are ultra rare, and they require a very rare add-on to even have full effect -- this makes them exceptionally rare to come across, but they're no less bull ######### when you do come across them.

    Well what do you suggest should be change about The prayer beads?

  • honestly I am fine with prayer beads there is counter play

    spine chill

    listening to the grass

    watching the birds

    using your brain

    gen tapping

    really once you discover it is prayer beads then there is a bit you can do to counter it, o and before you say "you shouldn't need a perk to counter an addon" what about all the people that say "want to counter toolboxes and insta heals? JUST USE FRANKLINS 4 HEAD"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    1. People have always complained about Spirit. Just most of it was overshadowed by Legion, who was much worse.
    2. Making a problematic add-on ultra rare, does not change the fact that the add-on is still problematic.

    It's just one addon, just change it.

    And we're done with it.

    Spirit is not OP, she's just a playable killer.

    Legion was never OP, but only annoying.

  • The "Nobody complained before"-Meme.

    Just because you didn't notice complaints before, doesn't mean there were none.

  • You don't have to agree with them, but everyone is absolutely within their rights to say something is annoying. Annoying does not mean too powerful, it means annoying. You can't tell them that they aren't annoyed by her. That's not something that you can really debate.

    That'd be like you saying you're annoyed by keys, and then someone comes in and goes, "No you're not."

  • @Pizzaman said:

    The "Nobody complained before"-Meme.

    Just because you didn't notice complaints before, doesn't mean there were none.

    Yeah maybe there was some complaints in past but Mostly everyone was fine with spirit until now

  • @SteelDragon said:

    honestly I am fine with prayer beads there is counter play

    spine chill

    listening to the grass

    watching the birds

    using your brain

    gen tapping

    really once you discover it is prayer beads then there is a bit you can do to counter it, o and before you say "you shouldn't need a perk to counter an addon" what about all the people that say "want to counter toolboxes and insta heals? JUST USE FRANKLINS 4 HEAD"

    grass doesnt make sound nor does it move when spirit goes through it thats a fact.There was a post here on the forums in which someone showed a vid in which spirit going through grass didnt make sound/nor did it move.Birds arent everywhere,i agree with the rest of the post except i dont gen tap but can just tell when the killer is coming somehow

  • Only prayer beads needs a nerf/rework. I don't use the add-on personally so I don't care. But if they touch her basekit, there will be a problem.

  • @Bigbootiejudy666 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749080#Comment_749080

    Yeah maybe there was some complaints in past but Mostly everyone was fine with spirit until now

    Didn't have time to complain about Spirit until after Legion was nerfed. Sure she was always kinda there, being a little prick but now that Legion is no more, she is the spotlight of all the bs.

  • Spirit is fine. Stop with this bs

    19-55-08-777db39d184dfce7441169ada3998137b5de23f7_hq.gif


  • @Peanits said:

    You don't have to agree with them, but everyone is absolutely within their rights to say something is annoying. Annoying does not mean too powerful, it means annoying. You can't tell them that they aren't annoyed by her. That's not something that you can really debate.

    That'd be like you saying you're annoyed by keys, and then someone comes in and goes, "No you're not."

    Exactly. I find her super annoying, btw. Every spirit main also loves to tell us how we should run spine chill as if we know were facing a spirit before the match starts.

    This guy above insults everyone with the counters as if nobody is using their brain versus spirit as well, lol. Then he proceeds to use an analogy which doesn't apply the same to survivor because we don't have the same info before the match starts that killers do. They can visibly see 4 toolboxes or w/e items people are running before the match starts.

  • @Bigbootiejudy666 said:

    I don't know why everyone is bitching about spirit being "annoying". Like you bitches never complain about her before, why now?. Like the only thing that needs to be change about her is Anal Beads add on( which just needs to a ultra rare) So y'all need to stop whining about spirit and ######### about that NEEDS to bitched about

    I always complained about her being annoying to go against. It wasn't that bad at release because people didn't know how to play her well enough yet.

    People will always complain about what they don't like, if you think survivors shouldn't complain just because killers like playing as her, then you are very biased.

    Making prayer beads ultra rare won't change anything. It needs a rework.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749075#Comment_749075

    grass doesnt make sound nor does it move when spirit goes through it thats a fact.There was a post here on the forums in which someone showed a vid in which spirit going through grass didnt make sound/nor did it move.Birds arent everywhere,i agree with the rest of the post except i dont gen tap but can just tell when the killer is coming somehow

    With headphones you can hear the Spirit’s footsteps, but they’re very low

  • @mcNuggets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749031#Comment_749031

    It's just one addon, just change it.

    And we're done with it.

    Spirit is not OP, she's just a playable killer.

    Legion was never OP, but only annoying.

    Franks mixtape says hi

  • @Bigbootiejudy666 said:

    I don't know why everyone is bitching about spirit being "annoying". Like you bitches never complain about her before, why now?. Like the only thing that needs to be change about her is Anal Beads add on( which just needs to a ultra rare) So y'all need to stop whining about spirit and ######### about that NEEDS to bitched about

    After Spirit it will be Plague i guess.

  • Yes, prayer beads is perfectly balanced

  • You know why they are whining. They whined countless times about several things, including Freddy, Legion and Nurse. Everybody knows what happend then. THEY know what powerful tool they have. Their numbers, their whines and screeches.


    And they use it, knowingly.


    As to the "OP" Prayer Beads - I'm really curious why everybody bitches about it, but not about Iri Heads, which are worse, way worse, but still counterable.


    Spirit is fine. She is addon dependant, which should not be a thing. I would buff her basics by increasing her MS while phase walking to the level of yellow addons, then rework "flat-buffing" addons to the point of changing the gameplay, not strictly buffing. Like making youvisible while phase walking,, but making survivors visible too, or something else. Something refreshing. Not... Not this. Flat buffs are gross and should not be a thing.

  • Me and others always hated her. But it never came Really out because the spirits sucked a lot. Now, with all the sweaty nolife spirit mains it's not bareable anymore

  • @MrFlower said:

    You know why they are whining. They whined countless times about several things, including Freddy, Legion and Nurse. Everybody knows what happend then. THEY know what powerful tool they have. Their numbers, their whines and screeches.

    And they use it, knowingly.

    As to the "OP" Prayer Beads - I'm really curious why everybody bitches about it, but not about Iri Heads, which are worse, way worse, but still counterable.

    Spirit is fine. She is addon dependant, which should not be a thing. I would buff her basics by increasing her MS while phase walking to the level of yellow addons, then rework "flat-buffing" addons to the point of changing the gameplay, not strictly buffing. Like making youvisible while phase walking,, but making survivors visible too, or something else. Something refreshing. Not... Not this. Flat buffs are gross and should not be a thing.

    I love how you talk about survivors as "they" like they are your enemy or something.

    If someone doesn't like something they have every right to complain. If you don't like that then its your problem

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749075#Comment_749075

    grass doesnt make sound nor does it move when spirit goes through it thats a fact.There was a post here on the forums in which someone showed a vid in which spirit going through grass didnt make sound/nor did it move.Birds arent everywhere,i agree with the rest of the post except i dont gen tap but can just tell when the killer is coming somehow

    @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749075#Comment_749075

    grass doesnt make sound nor does it move when spirit goes through it thats a fact.There was a post here on the forums in which someone showed a vid in which spirit going through grass didnt make sound/nor did it move.Birds arent everywhere,i agree with the rest of the post except i dont gen tap but can just tell when the killer is coming somehow

    Didnt mean to quote you 2 times.....

    You're not completely wrong.... but yea spirit does move grass and make footsteps sounds etc.... theres a radius around her husk and while the spirit is inside that radius she doesnt move grass, make footstep sounds etc....

    A lot of people dont remember that or know about since shes been out so long..

  • @Regionlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749081#Comment_749081

    Exactly. I find her super annoying, btw. Every spirit main also loves to tell us how we should run spine chill as if we know were facing a spirit before the match starts.

    This guy above insults everyone with the counters as if nobody is using their brain versus spirit as well, lol. Then he proceeds to use an analogy which doesn't apply the same to survivor because we don't have the same info before the match starts that killers do. They can visibly see 4 toolboxes or w/e items people are running before the match starts.

    You do realize it's nothing like calm spirit and doc relation right?..... every perk that the survivors have that hinders her performance (spine chill, IW, light weight, Q&Q, DWM, premonition etc....) they all work against all other killers too... and even then you dont need perks or anything of that sort to go against spirit the key is to make her work harder for the first hit...ussylis put out a vid of him going against the spirit multiple times and he one with an overkill build and he demolished her.... and in that vid as well he performed the same damn strats that I have told multiple players to use that you can perform without IW and with spine chill. ..

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749243#Comment_749243

    I love how you talk about survivors as "they" like they are your enemy or something.

    If someone doesn't like something they have every right to complain. If you don't like that then its your problem

    How do you know I'm talking about survivors? As I remember I haven't use a single "survivor" word.

  • @MrFlower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749267#Comment_749267

    How do you know I'm talking about survivors? As I remember I haven't use a single "survivor" word.

    It is pretty obvious. Anyone with a brain can see that

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749104#Comment_749104

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749104#Comment_749104

    Didnt mean to quote you 2 times.....

    You're not completely wrong.... but yea spirit does move grass and make footsteps sounds etc.... theres a radius around her husk and while the spirit is inside that radius she doesnt move grass, make footstep sounds etc....

    A lot of people dont remember that or know about since shes been out so long..

    Spirit does not move grass

  • @MrFlower said:

    You know why they are whining. They whined countless times about several things, including Freddy, Legion and Nurse. Everybody knows what happend then. THEY know what powerful tool they have. Their numbers, their whines and screeches.

    And they use it, knowingly.

    As to the "OP" Prayer Beads - I'm really curious why everybody bitches about it, but not about Iri Heads, which are worse, way worse, but still counterable.

    Spirit is fine. She is addon dependant, which should not be a thing. I would buff her basics by increasing her MS while phase walking to the level of yellow addons, then rework "flat-buffing" addons to the point of changing the gameplay, not strictly buffing. Like making youvisible while phase walking,, but making survivors visible too, or something else. Something refreshing. Not... Not this. Flat buffs are gross and should not be a thing.

    What do you mean no one bitches about iri heads? Pretty much everyone bitches about iri heads. That addon isn't being ignored in the slightest.

  • Spirit does not move grass that's inside the radius around her husk. outside that radius she moves grass, you can hear footsteps etc...

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749243#Comment_749243

    What do you mean no one bitches about iri heads? Pretty much everyone bitches about iri heads. That addon isn't being ignored in the slightest.

    Yes, you are right. But, as you see, people ######### about Iri Heads relatively lower amount of times, than they ######### about Prayer Beads.


    But, being strict, then yes, people ######### about Iris, as they ######### about killers being faster than survivors, or survivors being able to use pallets, which are... Let's say not logical things, and are (fortunately) not so excessive.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    1. People have always complained about Spirit. Just most of it was overshadowed by Legion, who was much worse.
    2. Making a problematic add-on ultra rare, does not change the fact that the add-on is still problematic.

    Facts. i don't hate base Spirit, but once you start putting addons on her she just becomes the most unfun thing too play against as survivor. I shouldn't have too run Iron Will every match for the off chance I run into her.

  • NOPE. She's inevitably next on the chopping board. Give her what she deserves. ;)

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749031#Comment_749031

    Facts. i don't hate base Spirit, but once you start putting addons on her she just becomes the most unfun thing too play against as survivor. I shouldn't have too run Iron Will every match for the off chance I run into her.

    Topic aside, Iron Will is just a really good perk, which I would recommend using, despite it being not in meta. Can't count times it saved my ass, when I was juking the killer, or even making him think I have ran to the other gate, which let me open the one I was nearby.


    Also you don't need SC, because it is less important to stay healthy, when you can just hide and juke.

  • @MrFlower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749410#Comment_749410

    Topic aside, Iron Will is just a really good perk, which I would recommend using, despite it being not in meta. Can't count times it saved my ass, when I was juking the killer, or even making him think I have ran to the other gate, which let me open the one I was nearby.

    Also you don't need SC, because it is less important to stay healthy, when you can just hide and juke.

    Iron Will is overrated IMO. If it's a good killer who isn't Spirit they can just follow the blood, scratch marks, or has game knowledge and simply knows better.

  • Gen Grab Spirit is pretty darn strong.

    Spine chill is a slight counter after knowing it's a spirit though. Meaning a gen grab is almost guaranteed.

    Also Spine chill can be countered pretty easily, just tilt your camera a different way.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749419#Comment_749419

    Iron Will is overrated IMO. If it's a good killer who isn't Spirit they can just follow the blood, scratch marks, or has game knowledge and simply knows better.

    I have a different opinion, but I respect yours too. We just have a different set of experiences with it.

  • @Regionlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749081#Comment_749081

    Exactly. I find her super annoying, btw. Every spirit main also loves to tell us how we should run spine chill as if we know were facing a spirit before the match starts.

    This guy above insults everyone with the counters as if nobody is using their brain versus spirit as well, lol. Then he proceeds to use an analogy which doesn't apply the same to survivor because we don't have the same info before the match starts that killers do. They can visibly see 4 toolboxes or w/e items people are running before the match starts.

    Spine chill is a really helpful perk no matter who you face. Same with IW.

  • Honestly? Spirit threads are so annoying ... Like, people don't come to any consensus. Killers will say that she has counterplay. Survivors will say that she is unfair. Everybody will fight and that's it. Is the same conversation over, and over and over. I can't predict the future but it kinda obvious that she is the next killer who will get some adjusments. Her feedback is terrible. I still love her btw but... They won't leave her alone.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749194#Comment_749194

    You do realize it's nothing like calm spirit and doc relation right?..... every perk that the survivors have that hinders her performance (spine chill, IW, light weight, Q&Q, DWM, premonition etc....) they all work against all other killers too... and even then you dont need perks or anything of that sort to go against spirit the key is to make her work harder for the first hit...ussylis put out a vid of him going against the spirit multiple times and he one with an overkill build and he demolished her.... and in that vid as well he performed the same damn strats that I have told multiple players to use that you can perform without IW and with spine chill. ..

    You mean that same video where he uses an overkill build just for spirit, and found Hex-ruin at the very start of the match? A cherry picked match out of many where he names himself " play spirit" and finally found a mediocre spirit? k

    That guy which you are trying to use as justification proceeds later in the video to propose Nerf ideas when he isn't running a cherry picked build. k

    Yeah, I saw that silly video.

  • @JakeMainForLife said:

    NOPE. She's inevitably next on the chopping board. Give her what she deserves. ;)

    Gonna pop your bubble..... Doc is the one getting work done next and he needs the help for sure.... I'm excited to see what they do for him...... nothing is planned for spirit... this was confirmed by a community manager a little bit ago.... I dont remember which one... whether it was peanits or Patricia

  • @Regionlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749333#Comment_749333

    You mean that same video where he uses an overkill build just for spirit, and found Hex-ruin at the very start of the match? A cherry picked match out of many where he names himself " play spirit" and finally found a mediocre spirit? k

    That guy which you are trying to use as justification proceeds later in the video to propose Nerf ideas when he isn't running a cherry picked build. k

    Yeah, I saw that silly video.

    Salty? I didnt do anything to you but state those perks are still very usable when not against spirit.... he showcased like 3 or 4 matches of the same strats that worked nearly every time and the same stuff that I do in game work for me as well.... i dont even use IW... spine chill I've always used because it's just too damn good.... it's too EZ make her work for the first hit and waste as much time as possible then....

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749464#Comment_749464

    Salty? I didnt do anything to you but state those perks are still very usable when not against spirit.... he showcased like 3 or 4 matches of the same strats that worked nearly every time and the same stuff that I do in game work for me as well.... i dont even use IW... spine chill I've always used because it's just too damn good.... it's too EZ make her work for the first hit and waste as much time as possible then....

    I'm actually not salty, but thanks for the assumption. I was more humored by the comment if anything.

    It's always the same scripted talking points reused over and over. Funniest part of the video you referred me to is that Ussylis in that same video proposes Nerf suggestions and DC so his teammate can get the hatch.

    Just don't even bother pinging me unless there is something new to add to the discussion about spirit. I've played against her more than enough to have my own opinions at rank 1.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    1. People have always complained about Spirit. Just most of it was overshadowed by Legion, who was much worse.
    2. Making a problematic add-on ultra rare, does not change the fact that the add-on is still problematic.

    What if Prayer Beads made it so every "X" amount of seconds or "at random intervals" the survivor would hear the "whooshing sound" Spirit makes even when she isn't near. This would make the survivors paranoid every time they hear it but could still work to the Spirits benefit if the survivor decides/thinks the real "whoosh" was a fake.

    Hopefully that made sense.

  • It's hilarous when spirit mains who never play survivor come on these threads to offer "counters" that don't even work. " just watch the grass bro!" Yeah the grass doesn't move and if you ever played survivor you would know that!

  • Spirit's mindgame = "I guessed she was phasing but she wasn't phasing! Darn, such outplay."

    Nevermind the fact that I was on a map with no grass, there was no audio / visual cue for her when she began phasing, and the footsteps in this game are in no way consistent or reliable. The mindgame was the equivalent of hiding a coin in one of your hands, putting your hands behind your back, and asking someone to choose which hand has the coin. I picked left when I should have picked right. Such mindgame, wow. Absolutely exhilarating gameplay, boy let me tell ya.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749194#Comment_749194

    Spine chill is a really helpful perk no matter who you face. Same with IW.

    All perks can be helpful, the question is to what degree. Some survivors don't need spine chill and would prefer to use a perk that helps them more. I mean this is like saying calm spirit is useful against any killer you face. While true, it's not THAT helpful against any killer but doctor. But at least doctor isn't OP if you're not running calm spirit. Whereas if you're not running spine chill against prayer spirit you're screwed.

  • @Steve0333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749449#Comment_749449

    All perks can be helpful, the question is to what degree. Some survivors don't need spine chill and would prefer to use a perk that helps them more. I mean this is like saying calm spirit is useful against any killer you face. While true, it's not THAT helpful against any killer but doctor. But at least doctor isn't OP if you're not running calm spirit. Whereas if you're not running spine chill against prayer spirit you're screwed.

    That's where you're wrong. Calm Spirit is quite useless against all but Doc, whereas SC has at least some use in most all scenarios.

‹ 1 2