Why do I play against tryhard survivors as killer?

Is it the only players playing this game anymore?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • This game has been out for years and many of the people you face with have thousands of matches under their belt.

    Only those whose will is not broken easily will still travel the lonely path of the killer.

  • Everyone wants to win.

    Sometime you just have to stop and smell the totems.

  • you aren't even running into tryhard anything. get better at the game.

  • Exactly. Then when you're playing survivor nobody in your team has either DS or BT, and the killer picks up survivors downed after the unhook without thinking of how much he just risked, smh.

  • @December_1863 said:

    you aren't even running into tryhard anything. get better at the game.

    Nice and original troll dude.

  • Why do I play against tryhard killers as survivor?

    It's normal some people are very competitive and will use the most efficient strategies to win in online games. And people who play most efficient will cause people from the other side als try to play most efficient to be prepared for a harder match. Still I think the majority of such players play that way just because they enjoy it that way the most.

  • Tryhard isn't really a fair term to use in a game as it's just a word used by players who don't like when the other side are playing to the best of their abilities.

    Generally when everyone seems "tryhard" you are just versing players higher than your own skill level which happens on both sides and why the nerf posts are rampant.

  • As a survivor main I disagree that referring to a survivor as a try hard just means that they are of a higher skill level then you.

    I consider myself a good survivor but I like to mess about and have fun, I still get called toxic by killers for my mess about playstyle. What I consider a try hard survivor is something who takes the game too seriously, plays just to win and not to have fun. I find these survivors unfun to play with in SWF.

    For example I know someone who I consider a try hard, he takes the game too seriously, I only have him as a friend so I know when to avoid playing with one of my DBD friendship groups. I wouldn't say he's a better survivor than me, it's just I find him unfun to play with.

  • Hard to tell when you don't explain what you mean by "tryhard". To some people it's ascended 5000 hour turboloopers, to others it's people that dare bring an item that's green or better. To me it's more about people that tilt/trash talk too easily and act like they're playing for a million dollars than their gameplay on its own, for example.

    There's people with varying levels of "serious" in all ranks. And that includes everything from playstyle to perk/item loadouts.

  • Juggle them and slug to snowball. Stall and make them get impatient. They'll stop healing and get overly aggressive if gens take too long.

  • Maybe i am lucky, but when i play Killer, 4 out of 5 games are vs potatos. Red Rank & EU Region.

  • I think many killers don't know what "sweaty" or "tryhard" even means these days. I played a survivor game the other day which went like this:

    Legion with Ruin (lasted for 3 generators!), Noed, Sloppy Butcher and... Uuugh... I forgot the 4th perk... Probably BBQ.

    Anyways being a killer main I obviously played solo survivor even though it's rarely any fun at all. Luckily I got a team that not only repaired generators with Ruin up but they also cleansed ALL totems as well (I cleansed 2 totems one being Ruin).

    After the 5th gen popped I got chased and the other survivor left immediately (the other 2 survivors were already dead). I was about to get hit by a basic attack and I already thought to myself "yeah time to get noed-ed again" but instead I got the speed boost and escaped via the hatch.


    After the game the killer messaged me "toxic genrush".


    A 15 minute game with no toolboxes, no prove thyself, no nothing and Ruin lasted for 3 generators - that's NOT genrush.


    Threads like these make me think "that kind of killer" is like every forum member.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    As a survivor main I disagree that referring to a survivor as a try hard just means that they are of a higher skill level then you.

    I consider myself a good survivor but I like to mess about and have fun, I still get called toxic by killers for my mess about playstyle. What I consider a try hard survivor is something who takes the game too seriously, plays just to win and not to have fun. I find these survivors unfun to play with in SWF.

    For example I know someone who I consider a try hard, he takes the game too seriously, I only have him as a friend so I know when to avoid playing with one of my DBD friendship groups. I wouldn't say he's a better survivor than me, it's just I find him unfun to play with.

    @oxygen said:

    Hard to tell when you don't explain what you mean by "tryhard". To some people it's ascended 5000 hour turboloopers, to others it's people that dare bring an item that's green or better. To me it's more about people that tilt/trash talk too easily and act like they're playing for a million dollars than their gameplay on its own, for example.

    There's people with varying levels of "serious" in all ranks. And that includes everything from playstyle to perk/item loadouts.


    For clarification, what I mean by tryhards are survivors that use keys and insta-heal medkits, getting gens done as quick as they can.

    And yes, I know killers can be tryhards as well, but, at least for me, there are MUCH less tryhard killers than tryhard survivors (of course there are more survivors than killers, but I mean more "full" tryhard survivors than tryhard killers.

    (tryhard word count: 7)

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    As a survivor main I disagree that referring to a survivor as a try hard just means that they are of a higher skill level then you.

    I consider myself a good survivor but I like to mess about and have fun, I still get called toxic by killers for my mess about playstyle. What I consider a try hard survivor is something who takes the game too seriously, plays just to win and not to have fun. I find these survivors unfun to play with in SWF.

    For example I know someone who I consider a try hard, he takes the game too seriously, I only have him as a friend so I know when to avoid playing with one of my DBD friendship groups. I wouldn't say he's a better survivor than me, it's just I find him unfun to play with.

    At the same time, it's worth acknowledging that some people have fun by playing competitively. It's okay if you don't enjoy playing with that sort of person, but that doesn't mean they're a tryhard or don't know how to have fun.


  • You're gonna run into tryhards regardless of the side you're playing on. Just practice and try to learn new strategies when it comes to certain situations.

  • There should definitely be two leagues: one with ranks and cook rewards for "tryhards" and the other for casual players.

    I hate going against "pro" players in a very non-pro game.

  • I am a Killer main... honestly I don't play to win. I play to enjoy running around and stabbing people. Hell, my Main is Legion. How tryhard can I not be?

  • When I'm killer, every survivor is running meta perks and playing super optimal. When I'm survivor, my team is running ######### perks, nobody has BT, and half the time they're trolling or refusing to do gens through Ruin.

    I'm Rank 1 for both roles...

  • Tryharding is more like: "One side uses extra strong stuff without the need of it". Imagine riding a bicycle with training wheels even if you don't need it. It's not really the fact that a side plays strong.