Why are they nerfing Nurse at all?

This is ridiculous. The community in general is pretty sensitive about nurse and I know they said it's a "slight" change but I've put my hours in add on less and so have most good to great Nurse players.

I'm okay with nerfing stuff like Omega blink and 3 blink.(5 blink is bad and a funny joke, 3 blink is more OP). I get it some survivor who never even touched Killer or Nurse is gonna run in and say she deserves it but no, base Nurse is fine and this is something that if not handled EXTREMELY well could cause a lot of people to quit dbd.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • When you play on PS4 and don't even care about Nurse changes because she sucks anyway.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734200#Comment_734200

    Killers have been complaining for years and EVERY single aspect of survivors have been nerfed.

    Survivors want broken addons reworked and it's immediately called whining. Stop being biased.

    What's been nerfed? Just genuinely curious.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734211#Comment_734211

    Everyone is fine with the broken add-ons being changed. What people are afraid of is the "tweak" to her base-power. Because Behaviour won't give any information, and they are known for overdoing things, and nerfing them into the ground (Old Freddy, Legion, Mettle of Man), the assumption is justified that Nurse will be completely gutted and no longer be the Queen of Killers.

    *cries in Legion main from my smoking crater*

  • I think they are referring to exhaustion not recovering while running which was busted

  • When survivors try to victimize themselves by complaining about their overly overpowered past state being nerfed to a reasonable state and claiming that being nerfed from busted to normal is actually them being nerfed from normal to weak. Simple, people dont like losing nice things.

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/735490#Comment_735490

    I think they are referring to exhaustion not recovering while running which was busted

    I mean.... if you are running, why would you recover from being tired?

  • @Kerbert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/735490#Comment_735490

    When survivors try to victimize themselves by complaining about their overly overpowered past state being nerfed to a reasonable state and claiming that being nerfed from busted to normal is actually them being nerfed from normal to weak. Simple, people dont like losing nice things.

    Well, I was just gonna point out that I played in 2016 and 2017. I know that they were lying, cause I lived that crap as Killer. But I was curious if they could give me some patch notes or something, so I could point out the flaws in there argument.

    Let's take a basic point. Killer has to channel a kick to regress a gen.

    Survivor boops it with a fingertip to stop it.

  • @Kerbert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/735490#Comment_735490

    When survivors try to victimize themselves by complaining about their overly overpowered past state being nerfed to a reasonable state and claiming that being nerfed from busted to normal is actually them being nerfed from normal to weak. Simple, people dont like losing nice things.

    My other post was consumed for some reason. I was merely going to point out to them that I played as Killer in 2017 and 2016. I lived through the things they think got "nerfed"

    I was wanting to see if they could come up with patch notes though, so that I could point out why it was changed.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/735521#Comment_735521

    I mean.... if you are running, why would you recover from being tired?

    Because bhvr said so back then

  • Yeah, I played when it first came out. I remember... prolly still have PTSD from it. Would explain my irrational hate for some things in game.

  • I feel like Omega blink isn't so bad? It gives you more range definitely but it doesn't give her any more blinks. If they were to need it, they could either time down the distance slightly or make those add-ons increase fatigue time?

  • @Omans said:

    It's so amusing that so many of you nurse players expect to be able to compete with a 4-man sweaty SWF with the best survivors when most of you just aren't that good.

    You have been conditioned to think you should be able to beat the best survivors because nurse allows you to unfairly compete with the best even when you are not the best, and if the devs remove that from you (which you are all so scared of), that will only be a good thing.

    The best killer players perform well with all killers against the best survivors. I've never been in a game where I thought 'there was nothing I could have done to win'. Yet I see you people post 'without nurse this game would have been a loss' again and again.

    The only changes killers need are a huge map rehaul and slight changes to the lowest of the low tier (legion, doc) to give them more relevance.

    If you can't perform against the best players, that's because you aren't the best. Nurse being in her broken state for so long has warped your perception of what is balanced. As a killer main myself (huntress, plague, demo, trapper are my most played), who also plays a decent amount of survivor, if the devs are taking nurse off her godly perch and making skill vs skill matter in that matchup, that's a good thing.

    All of that sums up to be "I don't play nurse, I play some of the other killers and if I lose to SWF who cares it just means I am not that good"

    If you overhaul the maps average survivors will never win and they quit and the game dies.

    If we want to talk about conditioning? Survivors are conditioned to think they can pallet loop and mock the killer but when a good nurse shows up their party is over and omg she is so broken.

  • @bunnibeetea said:

    I feel like Omega blink isn't so bad? It gives you more range definitely but it doesn't give her any more blinks. If they were to need it, they could either time down the distance slightly or make those add-ons increase fatigue time?

    Currently the only range increase addon we know about makes her charge time slower. Hopefully not too slow though :(.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/735471#Comment_735471

    All of that sums up to be "I don't play nurse, I play some of the other killers and if I lose to SWF who cares it just means I am not that good"

    If you overhaul the maps average survivors will never win and they quit and the game dies.

    If we want to talk about conditioning? Survivors are conditioned to think they can pallet loop and mock the killer but when a good nurse shows up their party is over and omg she is so broken.

    Played nurse a lot. Got tired of winning every game.

    The map comment: yikes.

  • Hold up what's going on with Nurse now?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    (Eye roll) good grief.

    So many on this forum develop selective reading once they see the name “Nurse”

    They’re changing and adjusting her add-ons.

    That’s it.

    Have a Valium, geez...

    Nope there also slightly touching her base kit so yeha

  • @Omans said:

    It's so amusing that so many of you nurse players expect to be able to compete with a 4-man sweaty SWF with the best survivors when most of you just aren't that good.

    You have been conditioned to think you should be able to beat the best survivors because nurse allows you to unfairly compete with the best even when you are not the best, and if the devs remove that from you (which you are all so scared of), that will only be a good thing.

    The best killer players perform well with all killers against the best survivors. I've never been in a game where I thought 'there was nothing I could have done to win'. Yet I see you people post 'without nurse this game would have been a loss' again and again.

    The only changes killers need are a huge map rehaul and slight changes to the lowest of the low tier (legion, doc) to give them more relevance.

    If you can't perform against the best players, that's because you aren't the best. Nurse being in her broken state for so long has warped your perception of what is balanced. As a killer main myself (huntress, plague, demo, trapper are my most played), who also plays a decent amount of survivor, if the devs are taking nurse off her godly perch and making skill vs skill matter in that matchup, that's a good thing.

    Y'know normally I don't toot my own horn, but yeah. I'm a great Nurse, I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours, I should be. Nurse is the only killer able to handle those swf.

  • @xChrisx said:

    The real question should be " why they are nerfing her now and not years ago?" In these years when i was playing against a nurse i have always said " oh here another unskilled kid"

    2years

  • For survivors?

    Flashlight nerf, exhaustion nerf, less pallets, fast vault nerf, decisive strike nerf, healing speed nerf, pallet vacuum removed, brand new part nerf, mettle of man nerf.

    I'm sure there are some that I don't remember.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/735490#Comment_735490

    For survivors?

    Flashlight nerf, exhaustion nerf, less pallets, fast vault nerf, decisive strike nerf, healing speed nerf, pallet vacuum removed, brand new part nerf, mettle of man nerf.

    I'm sure there are some that I don't remember.

    DS is stronger than before, it's a 60 second immunity. BNP allowed 4 gens to pop in under a minute. MoM made every m1 killer unplayable, exhaustion was busted, that's known. Pallet vacuum was a glitch...these nerfs turned survivors from OP to reasonable, yet still stronger than most killers.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/735973#Comment_735973

    DS is stronger than before, it's a 60 second immunity. BNP allowed 4 gens to pop in under a minute. MoM made every m1 killer unplayable, exhaustion was busted, that's known. Pallet vacuum was a glitch...these nerfs turned survivors from OP to reasonable, yet still stronger than most killers.

    Most of those changes were well deserved. I'm just listing all the nerfs.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/735490#Comment_735490

    For survivors?

    Flashlight nerf, exhaustion nerf, less pallets, fast vault nerf, decisive strike nerf, healing speed nerf, pallet vacuum removed, brand new part nerf, mettle of man nerf.

    I'm sure there are some that I don't remember.

    and the Flashlight making your whole screen pure white was Migraine city, let me tell you.

    Thank you for the list and adding that they were well deserved.... cause they were. Release Killer made me stop playing for a long long time.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    This is ridiculous. The community in general is pretty sensitive about nurse and I know they said it's a "slight" change but I've put my hours in add on less and so have most good to great Nurse players.

    I'm okay with nerfing stuff like Omega blink and 3 blink.(5 blink is bad and a funny joke, 3 blink is more OP). I get it some survivor who never even touched Killer or Nurse is gonna run in and say she deserves it but no, base Nurse is fine and this is something that if not handled EXTREMELY well could cause a lot of people to quit dbd.

    It's simply about time. No one should sit in S tier alone because it takes a week to learn the killer. Not fun to play against and is nothing but sweat to play as.

  • I play both sides and i really think base nurse is fine, addons just give her free win without skill.

1 2 ›