Xenomorph? Would it fit Dead by Daylight?
Since we already have a humanoid killer called the Demogorgon, this could open way to other humanoid killers!
Assuming at the time you are reading this we have an equal balance of original and licensed killers...
What's your stance on Xenomorph being added to Dead by Daylight?
I'm not making this poll anonymous because I want to encourage y'all to tell me your reasoning! :)
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
please !!
BHVR please
Why would Xenomorph make a great addition to Dead by Daylight? :)
I personally loved the first two films and I think that it would be cool to have them in the game. Also, I’m pretty sure that the original creators of it don’t care about who has a license for it(IE aliens: colonial marines), so I’m pretty sure getting the license will be easy.
It’s a pretty big horror icon in general and would continue to bring new people in and keep more around. The design of Xenomorph would be amazing to see in game. Also think they could make it quite scary. As long as it’s an unique power and has consistent mechanics, it’ll succeed.
GIVE ME ORIGINAL OR GIVE ME DEATH!
Do you prefer orginal? I respect that! :)
@AChaoticKiller @Thirty @8obot1c
Why are y'all indifferent about Xenomorph? I want to see your view points! :P
I used to think it wouldn't work but if we can have Demo, we can have Xeno. They also work on a semi hive function so, so long as we don't get a queen, we should be okay.
Note that I feel a Xenomorph would work best as an Ambush style semi stealth killer. They'd certainly need a two part power
I'd also root for them to be less hindered by windows than other killers just based on movie behavior
Edit: Accidentally put "Z"enomorph
I miss original killers
Assuming if we have an equal amount of licensed killers and original killers, would you be okay with Xenomorph being added to Dead by Daylight?
I'm not asking if it would be okay to add Xenomorph right now when there is an imbalance of orginal and licensed killers. I'm asking if the amount of licensed killers and original killers are equal to each other, would you be in favor of Xenomorph being added to Dead by Daylight? 🤓
Aside from LF I just prefer original characters in general.
Why not? Demogorgon somehow got here so why not an Alien? :v
Ah, there we go!
Was just making sure you understood the question! :D
Yeah, original characters are pretty cool in my opinion and are less predictable than licensed characters. Licensed chapters you can pretty much predict what their power will be since you already seen them in action via movie or game.
That is my problem with licensed characters.😅 Usually predictable.
Alien comes alongside Ripley as a survivor. And that is a must.
Also, the alien is really f*ing cool.
Honestly the Demogorgon seems pretty similar too a Xenomorph in the Hivemind aspect, so at this point I say bring it in! I WANT TOO EAT FACES WITH MY SMALL FACE DANGIT!!
Oh yeah. To me he just looks way to dark and you would be able to know just by looking at a red stain.
I like the movies, the first two at least
But I don't know if it would fit well into the game
No. Too sci-fi horror. DBD is supernatural/classic horror.
Then what about Demogorgon? His map has sci-fi horror written all over it. :(
However, I understand your opinion tho! Personally, I don't mind what the killer is as long as they are decent! :)
YES, YES, YES!!!
ELLEN RIPLEY TOO!
Be able to know what?
If they can make one monster they can another....as we got told, nothing is off the table.
wouldn't* and depending on his power you wouldn't know hes their unless his power makes him stand out. just look at Macmillan or Yamoaka Estate. I don't really care though, as long as the perks arent doo doo. good chapter 15 concept maybe, but there could be better
I've been saying this for ages, at least a year ago, xeno is perfect for this game. BHVR should go all out and have the hooks as mini egg chambers, where the survivor gets face hugged on their last hook.
So you're saying the alien would be hard to spot in darker maps?
Ok, I can see that.
Its like a killer claudette 😂
While it's certainly possible to add it, I'm rather puzzled as to what it's kit would be.
The Demogorgon couldve been the Alien and we would not have seen a difference.
It’s my childhood nightmare- the first three films burned the Beast into my psyche- Batman and TMNT were not my Sunday morning viewings 😈
It's more supernatural horror with some sci-fi elements than straight sci-fi horror like Aliens is.
Ah, I understand your point of view — I respect that!
No you don't.
You hate me and are planning revenge as we speak.
This is how the internet works.
Then why would you tell me about your idea on XB1? I thought you're not supposed to tell me your plans if we are (pretend) rivals? 😂
Ah yes, it's a trap!
Man... A Xenomorph. Now on the right map, having a vent like power or (fast run/hit power) would be amazing.
Hearing those alien screams, hearing them girgle. Would be terrifying.
Would love to see it.
(Maybe.. just maybe.. climb on walls...)
I think it would be fit, after all we basically where doing the same we do on DBD on Isolation just on extreme defficulty
It would absolutely make a great addition to Dead By Daylight, I honestly think it'd be one of the most interesting and impactful additions to Dead By Daylight in a long, long, time and for future chapters to come only second to maybe an F13 chapter starring Jason Voorhees (regardless of your opinion on the character, it is undeniable that he is one of if not the most recognizable and popular slasher villains of all time. Hence why they made a game entirely about him [which completely flopped, but due to poor developer decisions and the lawsuit, not because there was something wrong with the license or concept]).
What I think is important about the Xenomorph license is that it's a pure blooded Sci-Fi Horror. And this is important because Dead By Daylight is an amalgamation, of different Horror genres and stories therein, but that doesn't mean they've actually got a representative chapter for every horror genre. We've seen stuff across the board: Chapters of Your traditional slasher, Psychological horror, Body Horror, Holiday Horror, Supernatural Horror, Folk Horror, Comedy Horror, etc.
But we have yet to see a single chapter let alone chapters plural, of two prominent genres. Sci-Fi Horror and Gothic Horror. Which is extremely odd because of the prominence of both in the horror genre as a whole, especially the former, which is one of the oldest and most popular kinds of horror. From Frankenstein's monster to aliens. Which is why I think the addition of an Alien chapter featuring the Xenomorph would be an excellent chapter as it would finally tick the Sci-Fi chapter off the DBD bucket list.
The only reason I can imagine people don't think Xenomorph would come into the game is the confusion created about the map that would be shipped with the chapter. Apparently the devs said at one point in time they'd never do a map in space or anything, which is fine because they still could create maps based on Prometheus or something else rather than Sevastopol station or the Nostromo. This issue of creating a map could also be resolved by just not having one and creating a paragraph chapter featuring just the Xenomorph, or create the first chapter that is just a Survivor and Killer with no map (rewind back to how Ghostface is still technically chapter 12 without a Survivor OR a map, so this could realistically be done.)
As a last talking point, now that Demogorgon is in the game as a humanoid Alien-like creature, there is no excuse not to have the original Alien itself - the perfect organism - the Xenomorph.
Would Alien be a fun killer? Yeah, assuming they did a good implementation. It's a humanoid monster killer in terms of its graphics similar to Demogorgon (it would need a tail animation would be one skeletal difference I suppose) so I don't see a reason they couldn't have an Alien skin on a killer. I'm not exactly sure what they would do for its powers but I'm guessing they could come up with something appropriate.
Do I think Alien will show up in the game? I'm thinking probably not, but it's not impossible I guess? I'm betting that the Alien IP has some licensing hurdles in terms of using Alien in a video game. If another company already has an exclusive licensing deal for using Alien in a video game then DbD wouldn't get it at least until that deal expires at a minimum.
It'd be something different. But if we were suddenly on an alian ship, it wouldn't feel like DBD. It seems too much out of place. I'm not sure.
Demo is in...and Stranger Things is more of a sci-fi adventure over horror.
So there is no reason why the Alien franchise shouldn't be included.
The inclusion of Demo changed the ruling on killers being previously human. Although it could also be argued that the Alien did actually come from the body of a human...
If it's a scary thing that kills...it's fine in DBD.