Who could be a viable licensed killer that we could all agreeon

How about we take the time to decide who could be actually viable in a match, but you have to explain your vote if you choose to

This poll is only dedicated to horror films I'm sorry if I didn't include a your favorite from a game

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I picked Candyman because I think he could have good map pressure and be pretty horrifying using his power

  • I wouldn’t mind any of them but I don’t see Alien here. I know they’ll make him weaker than in the movies but I think they can do some really interesting things with his power

  • I wanted to keep it more slasher friendly than Sci-fi It would make for a great killer that's why included the Entry from another film, for suggestions like this

  • I'm saying none because this is a community of human beings, not robots. We'll never agree 100% on anything.

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    I'm saying none because this is a community of human beings, not robots. We'll never agree 100% on anything.

    Yeah with that type of attitude and suggestional mockery probably not, but as humans we can have a mutual understanding

  • I'd rather, either Alien, Predator or Sammael.

  • They’ll be far too limited and weak no matter who they are, their supposed power in the movies, whatever. Every licensed Killer gets effectively nerfed when they enter the realm of the entity.

    Old Freddy for example. He’s an unstoppable force who will always kill you if he wants you dead, and what did he do? Get pallet slammed, looped, and give Survivors an effective three health states.

    It’s almost shameful how weak popular licensed Killers are made, but at the same time completely understandable considering how the game works. Like, it’s not Mortal Kombat (ironic). Also, you don’t want to paywall an obscenely powerful character so only a few people can obliterate everyone and nobody else can unless they shell out. That’s why most licensed Killers are, fortunately, below B-tier, or require considerable skill.

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727222#Comment_727222

    Yeah with that type of attitude and suggestional mockery probably not, but as humans we can have a mutual understanding

    Attitude? Suggestional mockery? I literally answered the question. You asked what could we all agree on. The answer is we can't. Next time phrase it as "What's a killer we could all at least tolerate" if that's what you really want. There was no mockery.

    Every killer that has released thus far has had at least a handful who wants it deleted, feels it doesn't fit, etc.

    Now, since I know what you actually want out of this question: I'd honestly love Alien or Jack Torrence from "The Shining"

  • @Judgement said:

    They’ll be far too limited and weak no matter who they are, their supposed power in the movies, whatever. Every licensed Killer gets effectively nerfed when they enter the realm of the entity.

    Old Freddy for example. He’s an unstoppable force who will always kill you if he wants you dead, and what did he do? Get pallet slammed, looped, and give Survivors an effective three health states.

    It’s almost shameful how weak popular licensed Killers are made, but at the same time completely understandable considering how the game works. Like, it’s not Mortal Kombat (ironic). Also, you don’t want to paywall an obscenely powerful character so only a few people can obliterate everyone and nobody else can unless they shell out. That’s why most licensed Killers are, fortunately, below B-tier, or require considerable skill.

    Freddy could never out right kill anyone that's what I like Freddy before the rework, his has to make you fear him first then he gets stronger, as far as the original content Spirit has been nerfed to and Billy all character's receive buff's and nerfs due to the constant complaints done by trolls, who had a bad game and didn't want to lose to a certain person

    These killer's are not weak but thier are perks that help you slow down the time needed but survivor's are defenseless so you can just be a storming monster all the time you're not supposed to win every game,but if you do good for you

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Tony Hawk

    I'd genuinely be terrified if I was working on a generator and all of a sudden Tony kick flips over a car to smack me in the head with a skateboard.


    Now I want a killer that can leap over objects/through windows but with a short cooldown before it could attack. Though tbh, I doubt they'll give us anything remotely like that after Legion

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727247#Comment_727247

    I'd genuinely be terrified if I was working on a generator and all of a sudden Tony kick flips over a car to smack me in the head with a skateboard.

    Now I want a killer that can leap over objects/through windows but with a short cooldown before it could attack. Though tbh, I doubt they'll give us anything remotely like that after Legion

    Like playing that old Tony Hawk game where you could terrorise people by slapping them with your board.

    Except Tony Hawk is the player character - you are the victim who gets board slapped.

  • Why no Jason seems he's the clearly most absent from the game even if not likely to be added

  • @Judgement I can see your point

    Also, you don’t want to paywall an obscenely powerful character so only a few people can obliterate everyone and nobody else can unless they shell out. That’s why most licensed Killers are, fortunately, below B-tier, or require considerable skill.

    But also character's are nerfed from the PTB before release and receive slight buff's and nerfs before and mid chapter patch to accommodate the balance issue's

    This also sound like a personal issue with you not wanted to give BHVR money in general which I can't help you with that.

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    @Judgement I can see your point

    Also, you don’t want to paywall an obscenely powerful character so only a few people can obliterate everyone and nobody else can unless they shell out. That’s why most licensed Killers are, fortunately, below B-tier, or require considerable skill.

    But also character's are nerfed from the PTB before release and receive slight buff's and nerfs before and mid chapter patch to accommodate the balance issue's

    This also sound like a personal issue with you not wanted to give BHVR money in general which I can't help you with that.

    You can't sit there and tell me that you won't have 15 or 20 $ in three months that's BS

  • Matt would simply just say "we did a pretty good job so far" and everyone survivor on trial would just roll over and die, ez


  • @FishFry247 said:

    Matt would simply just say "we did a pretty good job so far" and everyone survivor on trial would just roll over and die, ez

    I thought it said Mcote lmao my fault

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727291#Comment_727291

    You can't sit there and tell me that you won't have 15 or 20 $ in three months that's BS

    For whatever reason I can't see any of Judgement's posts past the tony hawk one but I wanted to explain my personal issues with the current monetization issue

    Whereas a dedicated player like me is willing to shell out for a dlc every 3 months it's getting increasingly harder to get new players into the game because the price to play the full game (and yes, that's how a lot of people see the dlc) is constantly rising along with money coming from cosmetics and, soon, the battlepass.

    I kinda wish the game would go free to play and give some auric cells to owners or something. Just so I could actually get people to try the game out despite the price tag of all the licensed content.

  • I wouldn't mind Pennywise but considering we already have a devote, babylon, follower of a sea-goat god why not spice it up with some bdsm?

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    I wouldn't mind Pennywise but considering we already have a devote, babylon, follower of a sea-goat god why not spice it up with some bdsm?

    best response thus far.

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727306#Comment_727306

    For whatever reason I can't see any of Judgement's posts past the tony hawk one but I wanted to explain my personal issues with the current monetization issue

    Whereas a dedicated player like me is willing to shell out for a dlc every 3 months it's getting increasingly harder to get new players into the game because the price to play the full game (and yes, that's how a lot of people see the dlc) is constantly rising along with money coming from cosmetics and, soon, the battlepass.

    I kinda wish the game would go free to play and give some auric cells to owners or something. Just so I could actually get people to try the game out despite the price tag of all the licensed content.

    I can understand that but from a guy who has practically nothing,its not bad as Console Companies or if the PC makes you pay for steam services or a subscription every month or 3 months which you end up paying to play

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    @Judgement I can see your point

    Also, you don’t want to paywall an obscenely powerful character so only a few people can obliterate everyone and nobody else can unless they shell out. That’s why most licensed Killers are, fortunately, below B-tier, or require considerable skill.

    But also character's are nerfed from the PTB before release and receive slight buff's and nerfs before and mid chapter patch to accommodate the balance issue's

    This also sound like a personal issue with you not wanted to give BHVR money in general which I can't help you with that.

    No, actually making DLC characters not super powerful is a good thing. It’s not that I ‘don’t want to pay BHVR’, but it’s that I don’t want to pay a game company to get a Pay To Win item.

    Mortal Kombat for example try to avoid making pay-only characters (Kombat Pack, stand-alones) too strong. They made a mistake with Alien in MKX, making it too powerful and there was an uproar about it I’m pretty sure.

    You could say BHVR made that very same mistake by releasing Mettle of Man - free extra health stare, if you shell out. Ash should have been tested on a PTB first, and a whole lot of people bought him ‘just for MoM’. Of course some people still play him because he’s Ash and they love him, but there was a huge uproar because of MoM being a broken overpowered perk, much more so because it was a pay-only perk and thus became Pay To Win until it got nerfed (over nerfed I might add).

    That a character is nerfed in a PTB is fine as every new Killer and perk always needs tweaks before they hit live. Everyone is able to play the PTB and the upcoming Killer and use the perks before they reach live, and if they are not licensed, will be able to farm up what they need to buy the character. But if the character is licensed, becomes overpowered, and stays that way, to become top-tier like Nurse, they become Pay To Win.

    BHVR are doing a good job so far avoiding P2W as their most powerful characters so far are free and can be earned by playing the game, and they have my respect for that. My only issue will be if another MoM scenario comes around.

  • Xenomorph, have you seen how fast it can kill you when you don't have a flamethrower? 😂

  • Has to be the alien from the movie “alien”, and the survivor could literally be anyone from the first two movies or just Ellen Ripley.

  • @ghostface_tryhard69 said:

    Has to be the alien from the movie “alien”, and the survivor could literally be anyone from the first two movies or just Ellen Ripley.

    Same, I played the game Alien Isolation and the Xenomorph is so lethal! 😂🤓

  • @Judgement I understand your point people payed for something and it changed that's really an expectation they shouldn't break

    They create the character's out of sheer fandom the perks just come with them. Which these perks become available in the shine eventually.

    Now that you mention it seems alot of licensed things get changed I wonder who's behind it all ? Maybe someone's trying to sabotage those characters in particular ?

    It can seem overwhelming when you look at it, if that one particular person rally's a bunch of people to do their will, then you can understand, why the dev's have changed so many licensed things

    But generally you can't blame the dev's on what the community itself is constantly complaining about,To balance out anything for everyone

    judging from the feedback they got, it was fine until people started complaining about it which it was OP but I do agree any perks should be fully tested with public feedback but that ruins the surprise element also, they could add the perk with no description

    if that person can divide a group thier probably getting a ton of pleasure and also succeeding at what they want to accomplish

    just watch what someone posts and don't allow them to manipulate you by bringing up reasonable points that's just playing until someone vanity

  • @GrootDude said:

    Original

    Why have a licensed avatar if you so against it

  • I want an original chapter next :(

  • I like Leatherface but I’m bored of the new killers being licensed.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727837#Comment_727837

    I like Leatherface but I’m bored of the new killers being licensed.

    No you're not your just following instructions

  • I don't want this to sound antagonistic, but why did you add the "None" option if you're so actively against people having that opinion? I mean here you're telling someone that their reasoning isn't their reasoning.

    I'm just genuinely confused.

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727878#Comment_727878

    I don't want this to sound antagonistic, but why did you add the "None" option if you're so actively against people having that opinion? I mean here you're telling someone that their reasoning isn't their reasoning.

    I'm just genuinely confused.

    Because everyone deserves an opinion

    And he's the first person I've said that's not how he really feels

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727878#Comment_727878

    I don't want this to sound antagonistic, but why did you add the "None" option if you're so actively against people having that opinion? I mean here you're telling someone that their reasoning isn't their reasoning.

    I'm just genuinely confused.

    Oh actually I haven't address anyone in this regards to the licenses only me and that guy judgement have really disputed over why he doesn't want any Icon's in the game, but all of it comes to a personal issue with a person wanting those characters it doesn't seem like the reason's being listed are actual reason's it's more like you don't want these certain characters because a certain person may enjoy them more

  • I kinda do want a killer from another film. However, i would rather have an original character more. They can get even more creative with the killers than licensed. Licensed they would have to be limited to certain abilities and if they want to change them with ablitlies or cosmetics they have to reopen the contact to mess with them, maybe. Whereas original they can change it and add as many cosmetics as they want without permission.

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727883#Comment_727883

    Oh actually I haven't address anyone in this regards to the licenses only me and that guy judgement have really disputed over why he doesn't want any Icon's in the game, but all of it comes to a personal issue with a person wanting those characters it doesn't seem like the reason's being listed are actual reason's it's more like you don't want these certain characters because a certain person may enjoy them more

    These things that you complaining about have been happening until these certain characters was brought into the light or seem a likely choice to be added

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727883#Comment_727883

    Because everyone deserves an opinion

    And he's the first person I've said that's not how he really feels

    Considering that bubba is the only licensed killer I play and the majority hate him, people don’t agree on liking him. I play two original killers.

    I like original killers, bubba is just a special case. We’ve all seen these characters that are licensed and it gets annoying over time, original things leave us guessing while licensed characters do not.

  • @Elk said:

    I kinda do want a killer from another film. However, i would rather have an original character more. They can get even more creative with the killers than licensed. Licensed they would have to be limited to certain abilities and if they want to change them with ablitlies or cosmetics they have to reopen the contact to mess with them, maybe. Whereas original they can change it and add as many cosmetics as they want without permission.

    Are you just stating this or telling me ?because I can reply back if so

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727938#Comment_727938

    Are you just stating this or telling me ?because I can reply back if so

    You can if you want, I don't mind.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727903#Comment_727903

    Considering that bubba is the only licensed killer I play and the majority hate him, people don’t agree on liking him. I play two original killers.

    I like original killers, bubba is just a special case. We’ve all seen these characters that are licensed and it gets annoying over time, original things leave us guessing while licensed characters do not.

    Ummm that's only that's saying that actually every chat or stream I go to their all mostly saying the should add this licensed character

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727947#Comment_727947

    Ummm that's only that's saying that actually every chat or stream I go to their all mostly saying the should add this licensed character

    I mean that as ambiguous as possible as in other licenses but some also ask for the candyman

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727947#Comment_727947

    Ummm that's only that's saying that actually every chat or stream I go to their all mostly saying the should add this licensed character

    I thought you wanted my opinion...

  • @Elk said:

    I kinda do want a killer from another film. However, i would rather have an original character more. They can get even more creative with the killers than licensed. Licensed they would have to be limited to certain abilities and if they want to change them with ablitlies or cosmetics they have to reopen the contact to mess with them, maybe. Whereas original they can change it and add as many cosmetics as they want without permission.

    But can you see the running argument thier and you kinda are saying more freedom for creativity but thier saying they dont want to shell out cash for a 10 dlc, on the other hand you want a character with more freedom for creativity that you'll pay 10 dollars for the cosmetics and lets be real you're not going to buy one character but the entire chapter

  • Oh yeah I did huh? I kind of put that in their didn't I. but I didn't say it wasn't debatable.

  • Chucky!!!! Even though small and won't be able to see over loops n stuff but imagine the other powers he can have to compensate for that.

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727965#Comment_727965

    Oh yeah I did huh? I kind of put that in their didn't I. but I didn't say it wasn't debatable.

    What is their to debate about me being tired of only getting licensed characters?

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727938#Comment_727938

    But can you see the running argument thier and you kinda are saying more freedom for creativity but thier saying they dont want to shell out cash for a 10 dlc, on the other hand you want a character with more freedom for creativity that you'll pay 10 dollars for the cosmetics and lets be real you're not going to buy one character but the entire chapter

    I get what you are saying. However, i do buy just the character not the whole chapter. The Halloween Chapter, i bought the whole thing. After that i have been buying just one, not the set. I'm not opposed to another licenced killer; it could be Alien, Candyman, Samara etc. I would rather get an original . I'm just gonna buy the one character and waste money like a dummy. Original or not i'm getting one.

  • @Vampirox said:

    Chucky!!!! Even though small and won't be able to see over loops n stuff but imagine the other powers he can have to compensate for that.

    Oh you just opened the floodgate's now they really about to spam the none vote

  • @Elk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727968#Comment_727968

    I get what you are saying. However, i do buy just the character not the whole chapter. The Halloween Chapter, i bought the whole thing. After that i have been buying just one, not the set. I'm not opposed to another licenced killer; it could be Alien, Candyman, Samara etc. I would rather get an original . I'm just gonna buy the one character and waste money like a dummy. Original or not i'm getting one.

    lol this actually made laugh thank you

  • None here IMO, my choice would be Jeepers Creepers. he could easily have traps as a power and have it rig things like gens, doorways, pallets, and vaults that gives status effects or negative gen progression.

‹ 1 2