Everyone's saying nerf Spirit

But what is it that you would nerf about her if you had to? I feel like everyone doesnt really go into details about changes they'd like to see to her and instead just says pLz nUrF.

Comments

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688479#Comment_688479

    Following this logic, MoM was balanced because you could run insta-down perks, add ons, or killers to counter it.

    It was not balanced because if 4 survivors had it then it would be a gg for most of the killers. And i excluded the insta heals

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688493#Comment_688493

    It was not balanced because if 4 survivors had it then it would be a gg for most of the killers. And i excluded the insta heals

    But perks, add ons and killers countered it so following your own logic, it is balanced.

  • @GrootDude Mom is a PERK and before it's nerf you could see it in every game. Prayer bead is a VERY RARE ADD ON which I think you rarely encounter

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Mom is a PERK and before it's nerf you could see it in every game. Prayer bead is a VERY RARE ADD ON which I think you rarely encounter

    I have a spirit main friend who has enough to play with prayer beads every match, and I can bring an ebony mori every match as LF. These things aren’t rare.

  • idk a way to counter her without perks would bee nice, maybe make the husk be able to be blinded and if it is so is spirit, same with pallet stuns or something, idk im no game developer

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688525#Comment_688525

    I have a spirit main friend who has enough to play with prayer beads every match, and I can bring an ebony mori every match as LF. These things aren’t rare.

    Trying to argue with an entitled spirit main? Those "things" has no common sense whatsoever. Remember, they are the ones saying spirit is all about reading survivors, but when someone suggests removing the collision... oh boy, you better get ready for the pile of ######### they gonna throw at you

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688476#Comment_688476

    I will say it again until you all understand it

    Do you know that spine chill or premonition exist?

    Why should I be forced to run one or two perks for the off CHANCE that I will play against a prayer beads spirit? That makes no sense.

  • @Seegson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688559#Comment_688559

    Trying to argue with an entitled spirit main? Those "things" has no common sense whatsoever. Remember, they are the ones saying spirit is all about reading survivors, but when someone suggests removing the collision... oh boy, you better get ready for the pile of ######### they gonna throw at you

    No need to insult them over opinions.

  • @aazimuth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688479#Comment_688479

    Why should I be forced to run one or two perks for the off CHANCE that I will play against a prayer beads spirit? That makes no sense.

    First thank you for saying "for the off chance" which means you rarely see it (that's for you @GrootDude)

    Second, of course you won't run them since you always equip your crutch perks but when you encounter a spirit they are useless ;)

    Spine chill and iron will are great perks in against all killers. Maybe give them a try?

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688580#Comment_688580

    First thank you for saying "for the off chance" which means you rarely see it (that's for you @GrootDude)

    Second, of course you won't run them since you always equip your crutch perks but when you encounter a spirit they are useless ;)

    Spine chill and iron will are great perks in against all killers. Maybe give them a try?

    The only meta perks I’m currently running are Iron Will and Adrenaline, other perks are We’ll make it and small game.

    I’m not saying nerf prayer beads because I’m fine with op things but if perks are counter play then a lot of things on both sides are balanced.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688595#Comment_688595

    The only meta perks I’m currently running are Iron Will and Adrenaline, other perks are We’ll make it and small game.

    I’m not saying nerf prayer beads because I’m fine with op things but if perks are counter play then a lot of things on both sides are balanced.

    The comment with the crutch perks wasn't referring to you. I mentioned you for the rarity one, cause the guy above said "for the off chance"

    When you play survivor, do you see it often?

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688627#Comment_688627

    The comment with the crutch perks wasn't referring to you. I mentioned you for the rarity one, cause the guy above said "for the off chance"

    When you play survivor, do you see it often?

    Nope but I also don’t see Spirit much anymore, even at red ranks.

    I mostly see legion, clown, ghostface and Myers.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688627#Comment_688627

    The comment with the crutch perks wasn't referring to you. I mentioned you for the rarity one, cause the guy above said "for the off chance"

    When you play survivor, do you see it often?

    Yes but when theres literally no counterplay to a killer who is already unfun to play against, it makes people DC against it. There are a lot of reasons why people dc/die on first hook because of spirit. Nobody (except for spirit mains who keep insisting there is nothing wrong with killer) likes to play against her, she isn't fun.

    If I wanna play a guessing game I'll go buy a lottery ticket, at least I have a higher chance of getting something out of that vs a match against a spirit with prayer beads.

  • @aazimuth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688636#Comment_688636

    Yes but when theres literally no counterplay to a killer who is already unfun to play against, it makes people DC against it. There are a lot of reasons why people dc/die on first hook because of spirit. Nobody (except for spirit mains who keep insisting there is nothing wrong with killer) likes to play against her, she isn't fun.

    If I wanna play a guessing game I'll go buy a lottery ticket, at least I have a higher chance of getting something out of that vs a match against a spirit with prayer beads.

    Whenever I hear no counterplay, I think back to old legion-----> you went down no matter what and legion got a hit prettymuch for free so that's definition "no counterplay" --------> spirit is not close to what that was, she may require more thought when in a chase against her but theres plenty of chances of outplaying her..

  • @aazimuth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688636#Comment_688636

    Yes but when theres literally no counterplay to a killer who is already unfun to play against, it makes people DC against it. There are a lot of reasons why people dc/die on first hook because of spirit. Nobody (except for spirit mains who keep insisting there is nothing wrong with killer) likes to play against her, she isn't fun.

    If I wanna play a guessing game I'll go buy a lottery ticket, at least I have a higher chance of getting something out of that vs a match against a spirit with prayer beads.

    Her counter play exist but she doesn’t have a lot of counter play.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688668#Comment_688668

    Whenever I hear no counterplay, I think back to old legion-----> you went down no matter what and legion got a hit prettymuch for free so that's definition "no counterplay" --------> spirit is not close to what that was, she may require more thought when in a chase against her but theres plenty of chances of outplaying her..

    But that is the trigger phrase now isn't it? The devs have shown they will nerf things called "unfun" and "no counterplay" enough times.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688716#Comment_688716

    But that is the trigger phrase now isn't it? The devs have shown they will nerf things called "unfun" and "no counterplay" enough times.

    Yep players smell blood after seeing what happened to legion.... so now "no counterplay" is the new thing apparently

  • She shouldn't be able to see moving grass/corn.

    Perhaps even remove survivor collision so she can't feel out where survivors are at.

    On the flip side, the devs could increase Spirit's auditory perception allowing Spirit to track more effectively by sound.

  • I'd like to see her create something like blue scratch marks on some sort of delay as she's phasing. It would give the survivor some information on where she's going/has gone, letting them learn how that particular spirit plays, and gets rid of the un-fun guessing game of "is she phasing or just standing there?"

  • Personally I'd like if she had a short range audio cue when charging her power, so the lame tactic of staying still in front a pallet and get a free hit wouldn't be possible without some actual input from the killer and the survivor could have a chance of doing something.

    Aside from that, rework/nerf Prayer Beads Bracelet, it's just stupid in its current form...

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    But what is it that you would nerf about her if you had to? I feel like everyone doesnt really go into details about changes they'd like to see to her and instead just says pLz nUrF.

    She doesn't need a nerf. She just needs actual counter play aside from 'guess right or constantly run Iron Will'. Its as simple as giving her no collision in phase to mess with her hearing to give the survivor some more counter play. And maybe slightly decrease her phase speed. Emphasis on slightly.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87452/everyones-saying-nerf-spirit

    She doesn't need a nerf. She just needs actual counter play aside from 'guess right or constantly run Iron Will'. Its as simple as giving her no collision in phase to mess with her hearing to give the survivor some more counter play. And maybe slightly decrease her phase speed. Emphasis on slightly.

    you are basically saying nerf her.

  • For those that want spirit nerfed, ya know how ######### she was when she got released? She is in much better position now after 1 SINGLE PATCH.

  • Do you know how long the average Spirit game lasts? About 5 minutes, why? Because as soon as someone knows its Spirit they DC and after that its a total ######### show and a waste of everyone's time.

  • @Zertix said:

    Make Iron Will not affected by Stridor.

    Remove her collision while phasing.

    Change the rarity of prayer beads to ultra rare.

    Giving Spirit no collision will hurt bat Spirits and buff good Spirits. Phasing then blocking pallets and such, bodyblocking would be non-existent, etc.

  • Collision coupled with environmental and auditory clues completely nullifies the downside of not seeing the actual character model of survivors tbh.

  • @phantasmal said:

    Collision coupled with environmental and auditory clues completely nullifies the downside of not seeing the actual character model of survivors tbh.

    yeah dude lets just make her have no way of knowing where survivors are with her power sounds good....

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87452/everyones-saying-nerf-spirit

    She doesn't need a nerf. She just needs actual counter play aside from 'guess right or constantly run Iron Will'. Its as simple as giving her no collision in phase to mess with her hearing to give the survivor some more counter play. And maybe slightly decrease her phase speed. Emphasis on slightly.

    You do realize that implementing such a thing is a nerf.... its only a worse type of nerf...

  • @Ghostingmyteammates said:

    For those that want spirit nerfed, ya know how ######### she was when she got released? She is in much better position now after 1 SINGLE PATCH.

    I dont think players remember or maybe the players that complain didnt pay attention to her PTB.... there were so many drawbacks and indications that she was phase walking, the devs mine as well had a giant arrow pointing at her saying "she is using her power!!"

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689610#Comment_689610

    I dont think players remember or maybe the players that complain didnt pay attention to her PTB.... there were so many drawbacks and indications that she was phase walking, the devs mine as well had a giant arrow pointing at her saying "she is using her power!!"

    Untitled Image


    Glad im not alone who knows that.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689717#Comment_689717

    yeah dude lets just make her have no way of knowing where survivors are with her power sounds good....

    Way to completely miss my point.

  • You're saying the down side of her power is not a down side if a player is paying attention. I assumed you were saying she needs more down sides and I was taking the piss out of it.

  • @White_Owl said:

    Personally I'd like if she had a short range audio cue when charging her power, so the lame tactic of staying still in front a pallet and get a free hit wouldn't be possible without some actual input from the killer and the survivor could have a chance of doing something.

    Aside from that, rework/nerf Prayer Beads Bracelet, it's just stupid in its current form...

    her shards glow when she is phasing unless they fixed that, that is a way to tell if she is doing it.

  • She has an addons that let her go from a well balanced killer to a no brain killer instantly. This coupled with the fact she really isn't punished for being outplayed or misplaying with her power makes her obnoxious to go against. It not over powered IMO but its like old Legion where the actual counterplay is little to none and its just not fun to go against.


    But feels really rewarding when aren't using the super meta Perk/Item combo and you manage to big brain that salty instaflashlight survivor.


    I feel that base Spirit doesn't need a change because she is original and rewarding, but her addons are busted and require no brain cells to use.

  • @LordDubbington said:

    She has an addons that let her go from a well balanced killer to a no brain killer instantly. This coupled with the fact she really isn't punished for being outplayed or misplaying with her power makes her obnoxious to go against. It not over powered IMO but its like old Legion where the actual counterplay is little to none and its just not fun to go against.

    But feels really rewarding when aren't using the super meta Perk/Item combo and you manage to big brain that salty instaflashlight survivor.

    I feel that base Spirit doesn't need a change because she is original and rewarding, but her addons are busted and require no brain cells to use.

    The only addon that needs some sort of attention is prayer beeds..

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/690184#Comment_690184

    The only addon that needs some sort of attention is prayer beeds..

    I feel that out of phasing movement speed allows for me to go for aggressive plays that I usually wouldn't go for, but that just could be me.

    I despise passive phasing addons, it's such a cool passive ability that I wish more killers had stuff similar too, but addons that make passive phasing more common make it feel unrewarding and gimmicky.

  • I called this back when the forums were flooded with "Nurse OP PLZ nerf" posts back in July:

    @TWiXT said:

    If Nurse gets knocked down to the point where she's no longer high rank viable, the complaint frequency will change from "Nurse OP, PLZ Nerf" to "Spirit/Billy OP, PLZ Nerf".

    Admittedly Nurses add-on's need a balance rework, but if the changes the devs make to Nurse result in her losing high rank viability, all they will accomplish is showing the complainers that if they whine hard enough, they can take down a top tier killer. A trend that could be devastating for the game, and these forums, as a whole.

    As already stated, If Nurse is nerfed too much, complaints about her will drop, but increase for the other 2 killers considered to be top tier, and if the devs cave in and apply nerfs to those killers; The only people who will want to play at rank 5+ will be Survivors who know there aren't any killers whose kits can provide an adequate challenge for them, and remain there to bully any that try. Rank 5+ will become less of an acknowledgment to the killer players skill, and more of a testament to their masochism. More than that, there will also be a heavier rise in complaints about certain ultra rare add-on's, perk builds, and an increase in Mori usage, because in order for killers who aren't high rank viable to be able to compete against the best of the survivors, they will have to adapt to using more merciless (what are often considered toxic) builds and tactics.

    Nurse is a well designed killer that rewards the high skill it takes to learn to play her with a high success rate and viability at the top ranks. Admittedly this skill can be achieved to decent reward level after 30 hours of playing her, but no other killer has that high of a skill ceiling. Eventually some of her current add-on's become favored as they make doing what she does best much easier to accomplish, and even overpowered regardless of rank, which obviously isn't healthy for the game. For this reason the upcoming add-on changes are necessary as long as they don't go too far, but even a minor change to her base kit (slower blink speed, higher fatigue time, shorter blink range, loss of ability to blink through objects, etc.), no matter how well intentioned for balance, can completely drop her top tier viability.

    For example: Back in patch 1.9.0 (Pigs chapter release) there was a bug for Nurse that made it so that every time she successfully performed a Lethal Blink (blink+successful strike) she would perform her 3 second blade wipe first and then suffer her 3 second fatigue. This became known as the infamous "Nurse Double Stun" and it was patched out very soon afterwards, because giving survivors 6 seconds of escape time, wherein Nurse players couldn't see where they ran, proved to make Nurse practically useless even at mid ranks. I'm actually surprised that Posters on these forums who complain about Nurse aren't begging for the devs to bring that bug back as a "feature". This minor Bug however destroyed Nurse while it was live, and I feel that if they change her base kit in any other minor way, she'll lose her place in the top tier.

    Its funny how often there are complaints on these forums concerning the fact that the high ranks have no killer diversity due to the fact that there are only 3, maybe 4 current killers that are high rank viable. We get discussions here asking the devs to buff the other killers to the point where they are decent at mid ranks without need of perks and add-on's, and can only become viable at high ranks with the aid of said perks and add-on's. Yet, here we are discussing what happens to killers who are high rank viable: "(Killer) OP, PLZ Nerf"

    I'm greatly concerned about the upcoming changes to the Nurse, and whether or not they will kill her position. I'm equally concerned about what this could mean for the community and the game as a whole, and although I want to be optimistic; the most recent time a killer was nerfed was Legion, whose power was rendered toothless, and most of their add-on's worthless. Should Nurse get the same treatment...

    "Welcome to rank 5+, your quintessential Billy and Spirit experience!" (soon to be Spirit only).

    Now that we have confirmation that the devs are making changes to Nurse and everyone is assuming its gonna be nerfs, the forums are doing exactly as I predicted. As i explained in that post: "Admittedly Nurses add-on's need a balance rework, but if the changes the devs make to Nurse result in her losing high rank viability, all they will accomplish is showing the complainers that if they whine hard enough, they can take down a top tier killer. A trend that could be devastating for the game, and these forums, as a whole"

    I hate it when I'm right sometimes... sigh, Brace yourselves for my next prediction guys:

    "Welcome to rank 5+, your quintessential Hillbilly experience! All Hillbilly, All the time! Soon to be Killer Bully simulator! (Hillbilly nerfs pending)"

  • @TWiXT said:

    I called this back when the forums were flooded with "Nurse OP PLZ nerf" posts back in July:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/601130#Comment_601130

    Now that we have confirmation that the devs are making changes to Nurse and everyone is assuming its gonna be nerfs, the forums are doing exactly as I predicted. As i explained in that post: "Admittedly Nurses add-on's need a balance rework, but if the changes the devs make to Nurse result in her losing high rank viability, all they will accomplish is showing the complainers that if they whine hard enough, they can take down a top tier killer. A trend that could be devastating for the game, and these forums, as a whole"

    I hate it when I'm right sometimes... sigh, Brace yourselves for my next prediction guys:

    "Welcome to rank 5+, your quintessential Hillbilly experience! All Hillbilly, All the time! Soon to be Killer Bully simulator! (Hillbilly nerfs pending)"

    ^ pretty much this.

    Can we have a rule to ban people from making "NERF THIS" or "NERF THAT BECAUSE ITS OP"

  • I’m not sure but I think they should bring back phasing sound when in a chase. It shouldn’t be be directional though. That way there are still mindgames involved but no longer have to deal with if the spirit is just standing there. I feel like then it would be more fair.

  • @TWiXT said:

    I called this back when the forums were flooded with "Nurse OP PLZ nerf" posts back in July:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/601130#Comment_601130

    Now that we have confirmation that the devs are making changes to Nurse and everyone is assuming its gonna be nerfs, the forums are doing exactly as I predicted. As i explained in that post: "Admittedly Nurses add-on's need a balance rework, but if the changes the devs make to Nurse result in her losing high rank viability, all they will accomplish is showing the complainers that if they whine hard enough, they can take down a top tier killer. A trend that could be devastating for the game, and these forums, as a whole"

    I hate it when I'm right sometimes... sigh, Brace yourselves for my next prediction guys:

    "Welcome to rank 5+, your quintessential Hillbilly experience! All Hillbilly, All the time! Soon to be Killer Bully simulator! (Hillbilly nerfs pending)"

    You're right and its unfortunate... ever since old legion with the "no counterplay" catch phrase and "unfun" survivor mains and players a like smell blood.. I also saw someone trying to use the "spirits basekit is fine it's the addons that need attention" like really?.... theres still an argument on who is stronger between Billy and spirit which tells me that shes balanced..

  • @agutty1 said:

    I’m not sure but I think they should bring back phasing sound when in a chase. It shouldn’t be be directional though. That way there are still mindgames involved but no longer have to deal with if the spirit is just standing there. I feel like then it would be more fair.

    I'd definitely be OK and agreed with you, but hey, we're probably or most likely in the minority, so, I doubt, such change will ever happen.

1 2 ›