Does DS really make you a good player?
I'm sorry but whenever I see a toxic survivor acting all high and mighty running this perk is just silly. You act like you don't care because you abuse loops and get a free get outta jail free card when running this and they have the nerve to say ez in the lobby. I find people that don't run it and can actually run the whole game without it more worthy to the title of being a good survivor.
Comments
DS is a crutch. Thank god it's finally getting the nerf it deserves.
Lvl 3 almost halfway to 2 didn't use it until halfway through 12. Ran it for 6 games, 5 of which forgot to sue it in time, 6th 3 ppl rage quit against a Freddy. So I got to sue it right before I died, got rid of it never looked back.
But the same argument about crutch against killers running insidious while camping.
DS / Good Player
pick one
^What he said. Good Survivors don't need a "get out of jail free" perk.
It probably get a buff actually. At tier 3, a successful skill check should murder the killer
If I'm being totally honest, I use Decisive in low ranks a lot. This is only because unlike Rank 1, most survivors are too scared and new to the game to know how to play. Otherwise, Rank 1 is perfectly viable without and all it is, is infact a crutch.
Does BBQ and Ruin make you a good killer? The question can be reversed.
I'm sorry but whenever I see a toxic killer acting all high and mighty running these perk is just silly. You act like you don't care because you abuse aura reading and get a free chase when running this and they have the nerve to say ez in the lobby. I find people that don't run these and can actually find & chase the survivors the whole game without it more worthy to the title of being a good killer.
AGREE EZ
DS is a interesting perk, but if I see someone run it, I usually just tunnell them. At the cost of the match to. I don't care.
I run it on occasion myself. But not all the time. I use a variety of loadouts... for fun.
Remember fun?
There's nothing more satisfying then juggling a tryhard looping DS obsession to a hook, and then camping them hard.
Then getting a salt induced message after about how I'm trash.
I love it.
I run Remember Me just to punish DS players and their teams. You can always tell the ones the have DS because they get all excited when you tunnel them. Normal survivors that end up being obsession panic a lot more when they see you. I usually play with a rule that if you are obs and don't hit me with DS I take it easy on you. You still gonna die by the end of the game if I catch you again, but I'm giving you a chance to escape so you better make it count.
In my experience, most DS users are one of two sides. Either they're so good at looping and running the killer that they honestly shouldn't use DS at all, because they're already god tier or they're the weakest survivor on the team. You can usually tell which is which by not only how long it takes for them to go down initially, but also by how long it takes them to go down after using DS.
Nope.
Comparing DS (a perk that gives a free, undeserved escape after failing) to BBQ (a perk that significantly reduces camping) is like comparing Eggs with Bananas.
People have such a short memory. They don´t remember how the game was before BBQ or swivel hooks.
If i see 1 more complaint about BBQ, i swear i´m going full Insidious Basement camper with Leatherface until survivors ask me to equip BBQ again.
I don't run DS, just too few perk spots for my evasive build, but as a survivor, I'm shocked at how much time my DS teammate can buy on generators.
Do it. Wear that Insidious Basement Leatherface.
How is BBQ and DS any different. Both give undeserving escapes/finds. They are the same in that regard. I've seen killers before BBQ that couldn't find a survivor right next to them, now they just zip on over with the BBQ and Billy and begin the chase. Not to mention let's be honest, if a killer doesn't see one survivor on BBQ he suddenly just stands there and searches every blade of grass even tho 40m is pretty far out lol.
BBQ rewards the killer for doing their objective of finding a person in the first place and then putting them on a hook for it to maybe give you useful information. DS rewards the survivor for failing. Do you see the difference yet? In a different style of gameplay I'd argue against aura reading entirely but the devs here want to ensure that everyone gets in on the action of the game as much as possible to avoid having people left out, hence why we have perks like BBQ & Chili (which is intended to promote healthier gameplay), nurses calling and any other form of aura reading for both sides. Tricking a killer with BBQ & Chili is not difficult (unless you're against hillbilly and nurse due to their mobility but even then it's not impossible). Try to fool the killers with lockers and have a laugh at it! If you think people are so dependent on it and would otherwise be unable to find people then in theory it should be easy for you to fool them too, right?
How exactly is brutal strength a crutch? You break the pallet 20% faster at level 3 or otherwise 0.52 seconds faster than the base 2.6 seconds. Yes there are issues on both sides of the game but you have your head in the wrong area in my opinion if you think BBQ, brutal strength and nurses calling are crutches. Just because something works as intended doesn't mean that it can't be unbalanced, people are right to complain about DS.
You’re clearly a survivor main and you rarely play killer and almost never get to go to the better ranks as killer, you see this from the perspective of a person who doesn’t know how it feels to spend 5 gens catching one toxic, looping scumbag, just to be D-Striked and Teabagged at the exit gate.
BS so crutch, this 20% faster breaking pallets XDDD
You made my day. Play killer, biased survivor, make it to the high ranks, and you will be there asking for forgiveness.
If you spend five minutes tunneling Claudette with a flashlight then that falls on YOU, not the survivor. She wants you to tunnel her and you are feeding it to her. Use your head and patrol generators instead of bitching about pallet loopers when you can easily avoid it.
I don’t LIKE playing killer. Never been good at it. Not because of the so called “crutch perks” that survivors use, just because I’m never good at killing. Wasn’t great at Jason on F13, not the greatest on DBD. Why play killer when I’m better at survivor? Doesn’t make sense.
Or maybe you are a garbage survivor, if you need a second chances.
I wonder if you would be so smart, if killers had a perk, that allowed them to instantly catch a survivor, who wiggled out of their grasp.
No, you are not better at survivor, survivor is just an easy mode in this game, while killer is the hard mode. Something, that you refuse to aknowledge.
Nobody ever said anything about adrenaline in this post, not to my memory anyways. Decisive is indeed a crutch because it rewards the survivor for failing in such a way where if an experienced player used it then congrats! You've wasted your time as the killer for nothing, now you can go for another survivor and then get DS'd again until it happens 4 times without any penalty towards the survivor using it. Self-care? I have no complaints about that perk really, it's super powerful but I can already live without using it and still make it into the high ranks. The reason why I don't care about self-care though is because people act incredibly stupid with the perk. Sprint burst? Abused to avoid a hit that should've otherwise landed even with the speed boost, must I say more? It's a dead hard without needing to be injured when you activate it as the killer makes the swing. Also yes, if a perk works it can still be classified as a crutch if it turns out to be way too powerful.
Also, enduring is by no means a counter to DS because you still get hit with it, perhaps you end up being stunned for less time but does that change the annoyance of the perk? No, a good player will still be able to use that time to their advantage.
Let me give you some tips though, nurses calling only works on survivors that cannot care to think for even one moment. If you heal in the terror radius of the killer then that's absolutely your fault, this perk can be countered by having a brain and not healing when you should be in danger. Back when I used nurses calling I almost never saw any aura's from people healing because they actually thought about it. Infact, I can win without the perk and I can win against people using the perk. BBQ? People complain about this perk way too much, it was added to promote healthier gameplay so people would stop camping as much, if you think people are so reliant on the perk then start tricking them with lockers and have a laugh at it when they go to check it just to realize nobody was in it! Trick the killer into thinking they know where you're going. Depending on the killer, some won't notice you if you hide behind a gen as well (which had their aura's turned into a much more red aura to match the survivors). Now, that doesn't change the fact you still even thought that brutal strength was a crutch despite it only taking 0.52 seconds off of a 2.6 second animation.
You can play killer because it's part of the game to enjoy playing both sides. You don't need to be a great killer but that's why you learn and keep at it to get better at the game, plus gaining even more bloodpoints should be enough of an incentive to play as killer considering you'd be easily leveling up your characters faster than you would just playing survivor. Should the day come that maybe you make it to a high rank as a killer, maybe then you will come to realize that there are far bigger problems on both ends than aura reading perks currently.
Yeah it is perfectly okay. Like:
Woman got raped - HORRIBLE!11! #metoo #prayforrapedwomen
Man got raped - kek, funny
Great argument with that addons, I salute you.
Yeah, if she don't kiss the wall at 34523523532 deadzones on each map.
You had 4k with him on low ranks. Try playing on high, really. Your bias is a result of not playing the both sides regularly on same ranks.
god it is so painful reading some of these comments... I am so glad the devs have started to ignore survivors and actually realise what needs to be done. i hope they don't change their minds.
IF you play nurse.
IF you spend tons of hours on her.
IF you manage to find mediocre survivors.
THEN and only then, you have a chance for a 4k on rank 1.
Maybe try reaching rank 1 killer first, before claiming that nurse is op.
First down, dc on the way to the basement.
Second down, basement insidious Leatherface.
Third diwn, basement insidious Leatherface.
The fourth survivor was salty.
When I just tested playing without BBQ.
Again, I’m not skilled a killing nor am I good in first person situations, so Rank 1 killer for me will never happen. Although it’s not perks that is causing me to not be a high rank like some people complain about.
Nurse needs to find you. Unless she has whispers on, you pretty much stealth her for a greatly extend time, allowing you to finish 1-2 gen before she finds anyone. And since he has the ability to cut down chases pretty fast, Dead hard is a really kick to her shin, since she'll get fatigued. Now rinse and repeat that and you should get 2-3 kills / Escapes per match.
Nurse is weak against stealth, great against confrontation.
Doc is great against stealth, weak against confrontation.
Every killer has a tactic to win, thus a counter play. But few people like Juking killers, and Nurse ( with the LOS of fatigue) is the most vulnerable to this.