How do you pass the time?

When waiting for a lobby as killer or, on the rare days where survivor takes a while: survivor.

Comments

  • Alt+Tab and then youtube, Netflix, second game, forum etc.

  • @justarandy said:

    Alt+Tab and then youtube, Netflix, second game, forum etc.

    And on console?

  • I'm an artist, so I doodle and draw.

    Sometimes the cat wants pettings.

    Sometimes the rabbit wants pettings.

    Sometimes I make a sandwich, when I'm hungry.

    Sometimes I watch youtube videos on my phone, until the cat smaks it out of my hand.

    Sometimes I play with a puzzle cube, until the rabbit steals it out of my hand.

    I have plenty to keep me entertained as you can see.

  • I play games on my phone... Adventure communist and archero mostly...

  • I either watch videos on youtube or play something on my Switch

  • i place some bets on sport events, watch scores and/or live tennis, sometimes youtube and this forum

  • I listen to youtube, check memes on 9GAG and argue on forums.

  • Usually listen to YouTube or music. That or i'm on this forum.

  • This forum is what I usually do whilst waiting for something.

  • I go on the forums, Twitter, YouTube, or Reddit.

  • Usually just tab out and browse stuff. Forums, Youtube, whatever else.

    If I feel extra spicy and want to feel my braincells die I might open the DBD Steam Forums on the Steam overlay and read some threads with controversial titles.

  • I generally have a stream running on my pc to watch inbetween

  • youtube, facebook, toilet, going something to drink, draw something in sketchbook, read some nerdy #########, checking the forums

  • Turn on Spotify and have a personal dance party.

    That or, I go on my phone.

  • I typically either have youtube or the forums up on my 2nd screen.

  • Come on here or talk to my sister.

  • I type this comment

  • Forums, Reddit, Runescape, WoW and RDR2 (hunting and fishing online) are my favorite things to do between games/during long queues.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Recently, I started doing push-ups/sit-ups/whatever else when waiting as Killer.

    Turns the gaming into a sort of healthy activity. Also a good way to help let off some steam, especially if your previous match was a bad one.

    The problem is when the waiting periods go into the 20/30 minute zones and you get matches that last not even five minutes. At that point I'm doing more working out then playing...

    I salute you sir. Or madam

  • I don't pass the time. If the lobby takes too long, I close out the game and go play something else. Not being sarcastic, just honest.

    I don't watch YouTube very often. As for Netflix and streaming channels, whenever I watch something I like to get immersed in the characters and stories, and just as often the story's structure. Probably because of what I do for a living. So, I don't enjoy trying to watch a show or movie while waiting for a game queue. I prefer to do that in my comfortable chair, in front of the television, undisturbed.

  • Look away and grab my laptop, open youtube/netflix or scroll through forums.

  • Forums, talk to friends and special friends

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    When waiting for a lobby as killer or, on the rare days where survivor takes a while: survivor.

    Youtube or play some games on phone.

    Oh yeah also browse forums forgot about them

  • Thanks guys. I was looking for something to do other than just sit and stare at the forums, quietly hoping that having google open would't cause a survivors ping to be too high and make my lobby take longer

    Gonna respond to a few I especially liked.

    @Onionthing said:

    I'm an artist, so I doodle and draw.

    Sometimes the cat wants pettings.

    Sometimes the rabbit wants pettings.

    Sometimes I make a sandwich, when I'm hungry.

    Sometimes I watch youtube videos on my phone, until the cat smaks it out of my hand.

    Sometimes I play with a puzzle cube, until the rabbit steals it out of my hand.

    I have plenty to keep me entertained as you can see.

    First time I read this my brain auto inserted "Sandwich wants pettings." and it took a second. I have never in my life come across a rabbit that wasn't extremely timid so I just d'aawed at the idea of it stealing your cube.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Recently, I started doing push-ups/sit-ups/whatever else when waiting as Killer.

    Turns the gaming into a sort of healthy activity. Also a good way to help let off some steam, especially if your previous match was a bad one.

    The problem is when the waiting periods go into the 20/30 minute zones and you get matches that last not even five minutes. At that point I'm doing more working out then playing...

    I've been considering doing this because I need to get fit anyway for some things me and my partner intend to do. (Huge 3 day hikes, lots of gymnastics stuff to help with her career goals, etc.)

    Any tips/advice on how to find the motivation to actually keep doing it or like an order to do exercises in?

    @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    Forums, Reddit, Runescape, WoW and RDR2 (hunting and fishing online) are my favorite things to do between games/during long queues.

    RDR2? I recognized everything but that because I have a few friends who have completely vanished into some of those more grinding oriented games. (Who am I to talk, I play Dark Souls and DBD. If that's not a grind, I dunno what is)

  • RDR2 = Red Dead Redemption 2. Everyone's favorite tuberculosis simulator.

    I play on console but I've got a little old laptop I keep nearby, I typically I browse the forums while waiting for the queue or shitpost on Twitter.

  • @Xboned said:

    RDR2 = Red Dead Redemption 2. Everyone's favorite tuberculosis simulator.

    I play on console but I've got a little old laptop I keep nearby, I typically I browse the forums while waiting for the queue or shitpost on Twitter.

    Thank you! I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet and have been overall avoiding spoilers for when I can (it'll likely be awhile). I'd expected RDR2 to be another MMO based on the other mentioned games. I honestly didn't even know Red Dead Redemption 2 had online.

    My favorite part of the first one was the side zombie campaign. Just really enjoyed it.

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    Thanks guys. I was looking for something to do other than just sit and stare at the forums, quietly hoping that having google open would't cause a survivors ping to be too high and make my lobby take longer

    Gonna respond to a few I especially liked.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674676#Comment_674676

    First time I read this my brain auto inserted "Sandwich wants pettings." and it took a second. I have never in my life come across a rabbit that wasn't extremely timid so I just d'aawed at the idea of it stealing your cube.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/675156#Comment_675156

    I've been considering doing this because I need to get fit anyway for some things me and my partner intend to do. (Huge 3 day hikes, lots of gymnastics stuff to help with her career goals, etc.)

    Any tips/advice on how to find the motivation to actually keep doing it or like an order to do exercises in?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/675164#Comment_675164

    RDR2? I recognized everything but that because I have a few friends who have completely vanished into some of those more grinding oriented games. (Who am I to talk, I play Dark Souls and DBD. If that's not a grind, I dunno what is)

    RDR2 is Red Dead Redemption 2

    Its from the creators of GTA. Basically a Western themed GTA series.

    I hop on the online open world mode to fish :)

  • On Xbox when I'm waiting in a lobby I always open up my friends list and nosey at everyone's profile. See if anyone has unfriended me and go on a mission to figure out who. I get too absorbed sometimes and I end up being afk for the first few minutes. I'm too curious for my own good sometimes.

  • I play YouTube videos while waiting for lobbies, and play podcasts while doing gens, unless it's Pig, Ghost, or any stealth killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676266#Comment_676266

    I just do push ups and sit-ups because I can do them right in my room while I'm waiting. It's just something you can just go and do with no equipment or anything. I'll probably haul my mother's old exercise bike into my room so I can use that as well.

    Occasionally I use dumb bells too, though I'm trying to lose weight and strengthen my back so I can walk like a normal human being again, as opposed to gaining muscle and bulking up, so I don't use the dumb bells very often.

    As for motivations, it depends how badly you want it and why, I guess? For me, not being able to walk like a normal person and needing to take rests every 15 minutes (used to be 5 minutes before I started) sucked really bad. The not being able to walk like a normal human-being started making me pretty fat too because to probably nobody's surprise, literally sitting on your ass all day, everyday, and never leaving the house at all is not good for your health or body. My blood pressure was starting to get pretty high as well. Reaching up to 140/100 blood pressure at 15, while not life threatening, is pretty bad.

    Anyway, some things I like to keep in mind is to remember that it's not a race. That you should take everything in moderation (just like this game -- seriously). It's a lifestyle change and us humans often don't like "change" very often. We like "normal". Eventually, the change starts becoming the new "normal", so the more you do it, the easier it will become as the change falls into a habitual routine; but don't bullrush straight into it at first or you'll quickly get overwhelmed.

    When I first started, after my first walk, it was absolute hell and I was thinking "I'm not going to be able to do that again." Did it anyway. 3 months later, I look forward to doing it. It's not so bad anymore. What was once so miserable and hard to do has become much easier and enjoyable to do, now.

    Doing the push-ups/sit-ups while waiting as a killer in lobbies is actually the first thing I did to start, since it melds exercise with fun and turns any negative energy I have from bad games into something positive. It's helped me be less of a shithead in game as well.

    Getting encouragement from others and my family has helped me immensely to stay on track and not slack off. Don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask for support. There's nothing shameful in asking for help with something.

    Either way, I don't know what the "professional" way to exercise is. I just did what felt right to me. Push/Sit-ups when waiting for DBD lobbies, and walking/jogging every other day for at least half an hour has caused me to lose over 20 pounds and triple how long I can endure my own weight on my spine -- so I must be doing something right at least (I didn't even change what or how much I eat). If there's a physical activity you like, whether it by cycling, swimming, or whatever (for me, it IS walking), I highly encourage you to do that as your main activity if possible. Doing an activity you actually enjoy makes it so much easier to manage, much like going to work at a job you hate versus going to work at a job you love.

    Apologies for this post being so long, but I couldn't think of any good ways to summarize what I wanted to say.

    Don't worry about how long your post was, it was a worthwhile read. Besides, I'm not exactly great at summarizing myself. Tend to write out full, bullet pointed essays for forum posts about something silly and you were writing about something important to you.

    I read every bit of it and, I'm assuming for the things like swimming and what not you're referring to something to do daily and when not playing (mostly because I can't think of a way to simultaneously keep an eye on a lobby and swim/bike)

    Personally I think I'm going to start with Crunches/Stationary Jogging. My biggest issue is my core and my lungs (legs arms and back muscles are mostly fine. I used to do a a lot of heavy lifting). I'll keep in mind not going overboard while maintaining a schedule. I have the support part mostly covered given this is me trying to keep up with someone else more than anything.

    Thank you! ^-^