Instant chainsaw Billy

Can we please talk about this? I am a killer main, so this isn't so much a problem for me, but any time I play survivors that is all I see billys run and it's getting obnoxious.

They removed instant flashlights, thank god, but they left that abomination in the game as cheap addons that can be easily farmed for him.

I don't play a lot of billy anymore and I never used instants as they are disgusting but like, with two pretty common addon's it basically gives him a instant downing M1 for free with no effort or skill.

I'd love to see changes that his chainsaw needs a certain distance before it becomes a one shot, or a stamina meter like legion or spirit.

Inb4 "Lol git good low ranker" I'm a rank 3 Killer and a rank 7 survivor with a heavy pref for killer.


Tl;dr I'm getting annoyed that they are removing stuff to help survivors but leaving in dumb ######### like Iri heads, Instant chainsaw ect ect.

Comments

  • Billy is fine. You can loop him, so he's fine. Even with instasaw you only have to adjust your timing a bit.

  • Honestly, if I could decide, I would get rid of all ridiculously powerful killer addons, moris, insta heals and keys.

    I can't really say that I've experienced a problem with an insta saw Billy. But maybe Ihaven't faced one. I guess it's just Billy using two addons that both decrease the charge time of his saw?

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    Billy is fine. You can loop him, so he's fine. Even with instasaw you only have to adjust your timing a bit.

    It could be more of a problem once most of the map reworks have come. He won't be able to be looped so easily anymore if there are more mindgameable pallets.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    Billy is fine. You can loop him, so he's fine. Even with instasaw you only have to adjust your timing a bit.

    "Just have to loop him."

    Yeah, because trying to gain any distance after a pallet throw is easy when he breaks it faster than brutal strength.

    Because you will always be next to a loop when he comes across the map and can basically m1 you at windows or pallets.

    I've tried looping, and even when I do nothing but stick next to loops, there is literally only so much you can do when he might as well have permanent spirit fury on and windows are a death trap.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Honestly, if I could decide, I would get rid of all ridiculously powerful killer addons, moris, insta heals and keys.

    I can't really say that I've experienced a problem with an insta saw Billy. But maybe Ihaven't faced one. I guess it's just Billy using two addons that both decrease the charge time of his saw?

    So if you take a large number of addons at your disposal, the highest rarity being green, you can use your instant down function of a chainsaw, as fast as your M1.

    Pallets? He might as well have spirit fury permanently charged.

    Windows? Better hope you have lithe and aern't in yellow ping and the game likes you that day or he will hit you through them.

    Stuck out in the middle of nowhere because he can cross the map faster than any other killer? It's our fault for not being psychic and even if you dodge his inital charge, hey, he m1 downs you with a chainsaw that has a charge time of about 1 second.

  • Slide to the left

    Slide to the right

    CRISSCROSS


    I'll stop.

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Slide to the left

    Slide to the right

    CRISSCROSS

    I'll stop.

    Upvoted for memes.

    Also tried it. End result they chase till swing distance then charge with a 1ish second charge time and down me instantly.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667747#Comment_667747

    It could be more of a problem once most of the map reworks have come. He won't be able to be looped so easily anymore if there are more mindgameable pallets.

    More map reworks and we can talk about removing/changing one of the addons i think.

    @HexMoriMeMommy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667747#Comment_667747

    "Just have to loop him."

    Yeah, because trying to gain any distance after a pallet throw is easy when he breaks it faster than brutal strength.

    Because you will always be next to a loop when he comes across the map and can basically m1 you at windows or pallets.

    I've tried looping, and even when I do nothing but stick next to loops, there is literally only so much you can do when he might as well have permanent spirit fury on and windows are a death trap.

    Never said looping an instasaw billy is easy.

    No stun with the pallet? He'll probably get ya.

    Slow Vault? He'll probably get ya. (but every other killer too so...)

    He is kinda scary with "Enduring"+"Spirit Fury". He used two perk slots for it tho.

  • Yeah I agree Hiilbilly should get tuned to fall more in line with other killers, i don't know if they should remove his insta saw instead remove his 1-shot to make him fair like other killers.

    To me its crazy some people think spirit is even remotely close to him...

  • @HexMoriMeMommy said:

    Can we please talk about this? I am a killer main, so this isn't so much a problem for me, but any time I play survivors that is all I see billys run and it's getting obnoxious.

    They removed instant flashlights, thank god, but they left that abomination in the game as cheap addons that can be easily farmed for him.

    I don't play a lot of billy anymore and I never used instants as they are disgusting but like, with two pretty common addon's it basically gives him a instant downing M1 for free with no effort or skill.

    I'd love to see changes that his chainsaw needs a certain distance before it becomes a one shot, or a stamina meter like legion or spirit.

    Inb4 "Lol git good low ranker" I'm a rank 3 Killer and a rank 7 survivor with a heavy pref for killer.

    Tl;dr I'm getting annoyed that they are removing stuff to help survivors but leaving in dumb ######### like Iri heads, Instant chainsaw ect ect.

    Billy is one of the killers that are good. He is fine, he has counterplay unlike nurse

  • Killer mains will say Billy is fine, because he is OP and is a one hit down, mostly the come backs are "loop him" what if you are out in the open or not a good looper? then it's all about "git gud" Billy players think he is okay, because they don't want him nerfed and loose their insta 4 k down kills. Just my opinion.

  • @Bloodlust_Gamer69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/85159/instant-chainsaw-billy

    Billy is one of the killers that are good. He is fine, he has counterplay unlike nurse

    Actually nurse has counter play, when the nurse uses her blink i look for her stain and go the other way, or counter to which way she is going, i find going against nurse better then billy

  • The devs have said that they will be looking into Hillbilly. It's in everybody's interest to prevent every match being against the same killer.

  • @Mushwin said:

    Killer mains will say Billy is fine, because he is OP and is a one hit down, mostly the come backs are "loop him" what if you are out in the open or not a good looper? then it's all about "git gud" Billy players think he is okay, because they don't want him nerfed and loose their insta 4 k down kills. Just my opinion.

    "what if you are not a good looper"

    "why do i die if i am bad at the game"

    LMAO

  • Hillbilly seems to be balanced around rank 5 players, which is why red rank players think it is ok to have huge map presence AND a low risk, high reward instadown. Bring that ability down to the other ranks and survivors just get knocked down like dominoes.

    There are other ranks, and there are other killers that survivors would like to see in a game occasionally.

  • Insta-chainsaw was nerfed when they changed tinkerer

  • Yeah I really dont see how the addons are op..they're fast sure but I faced a Billy with both this and an ebony mori and still ran him about for a bit..the map reworks wont make him any better either as there will be extra loops and less distance for him to out position you...plus survivors are in line for some serious buffs..so..I highly disagree

  • Here we go again let's nerf Billy, you know what lets nerf Spirit and Nurse too OP I can't get free loops vs them. (Sarcasm)

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668023#Comment_668023

    Actually nurse has counter play, when the nurse uses her blink i look for her stain and go the other way, or counter to which way she is going, i find going against nurse better then billy

    What rank are you?

  • Just slow him down considerably while charging chainsaw so he cannot walk just behind survivor (easier to dodge for lower-ranks) and so the chainsaw should only be good for fast travel (map pressure) and not used like Leatherface (would make him more different to Bubba). That would be perfect balance. Even Plague slows down more than Billy while charging...

  • No needs changed on Billy except add-ons change for nerfing instasaw.

    He's 100% fine other than that. Strong but fine.

  • @Mellow7 said:

    Here we go again let's nerf Billy, you know what lets nerf Spirit and Nurse too OP I can't get free loops vs them. (Sarcasm)

    @Mellow7 - The difference is that Nurse and Spirit "scale" well. At the bottom and mid ranks they don't stand out as being particularly powerful. At red ranks Billy is balanced, but as you drop down the ranks he is unbalanced compared to both the survivors at those ranks and the other killers.

  • @yeet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668026#Comment_668026

    "what if you are not a good looper"

    "why do i die if i am bad at the game"

    LMAO

    wha? i said if you aren't a good looper, meaning if you aren't good at it, it isn't the best counter for the billynator

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    Hillbilly seems to be balanced around rank 5 players, which is why red rank players think it is ok to have huge map presence AND a low risk, high reward instadown. Bring that ability down to the other ranks and survivors just get knocked down like dominoes.

    There are other ranks, and there are other killers that survivors would like to see in a game occasionally.

    Oh hush you killer main :D

  • @Mellow7 said:

    Here we go again let's nerf Billy, you know what lets nerf Spirit and Nurse too OP I can't get free loops vs them. (Sarcasm)

    Nurse is defo not op on ps4 and not a lot seem to play her

  • @GrootDude is the best nurse i have seen with kyf

  • I play on console and don't really see a whole lot of billy. Once every 15 games or so(probably more). I dealt with insta saw once and immediately realized my mistake when I got downed. I wasnt paying attention to where he was relative to my vault and mistimed the saw. While it is annoying to deal with insta saw, iri heads, prayer beads I've learned the majority of my downs(95%) aren't the game but mistakes I make.

  • @Mushwin said:

    Killer mains will say Billy is fine, because he is OP and is a one hit down, mostly the come backs are "loop him" what if you are out in the open or not a good looper? then it's all about "git gud" Billy players think he is okay, because they don't want him nerfed and loose their insta 4 k down kills. Just my opinion.

    Maybe learn how to loop ? Any killer can win against a team of "not good loopers", not just Billy, so I don't l know what's your point here.

  • @Mushwin said:

    @GrootDude is the best nurse i have seen with kyf

    Thank you, but nurse is deffo op imo, doesn’t mean I want a nerf though. :)

    Billy himself is balanced but insta-saw add ons Billy isn’t.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    @GrootDude - Nurse is fine 😉

    I’m fine with that.😉

  • They could use some tuning down I think. They're not as bad as when good Tinkerer was around but they're still massive problems.

  • I wouldn't say you should remove it, but I feel like the rarity of Tuning Guide should definitely be increased to at least purple... especially since his purple add-ons do nothing.

  • I don't main Killer or survivor, I play both at high rank every season. Billy doesn't need a nerf to his add-ons as he is still easily loopable even with tuning guide and bulb. You just have to understand the pathing to take and timing. But yea let's just please the low ranks survivors and nerf every viable killer just like when Freddy came out.

  • @Mellow7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668183#Comment_668183

    I don't main Killer or survivor, I play both at high rank every season. Billy doesn't need a nerf to his add-ons as he is still easily loopable even with tuning guide and bulb. You just have to understand the pathing to take and timing. But yea let's just please the low ranks survivors and nerf every viable killer just like when Freddy came out.

    my hush killer main was to @JawsIsTheNextKiller lol he calls me a surv main etc so i do the same of the opposite

  • Even with insta saw, Billy is the most balanced killer. Don't touch Billy. He gets looped on most maps.

  • How many times you want too nerf billy until he is completliy useless???

  • @Just_Playing said:

    How many times you want too nerf billy until he is completliy useless???

    It is just some add ons, not billy himself.

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668070#Comment_668070

    wha? i said if you aren't a good looper, meaning if you aren't good at it, it isn't the best counter for the billynator

    looping is literally the only skill you need to win

  • @yeet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668181#Comment_668181

    looping is literally the only skill you need to win

    eh i don't know about that

  • If you can effectively loop a killer you win. While you are looping, gens are getting done. If the killer doesn't decide to break a chase and you keep effectively looping him you can loop him for all 5 gens and gates being opened. Of course this all depends on the killer's skill level as well as what killer they are playing in the first place, but all survivors really need to know how to do is loop, maybe hit a skill check once in a while.

  • @HexMoriMeMommy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667747#Comment_667747

    "Just have to loop him."

    Yeah, because trying to gain any distance after a pallet throw is easy when he breaks it faster than brutal strength.

    Because you will always be next to a loop when he comes across the map and can basically m1 you at windows or pallets.

    I've tried looping, and even when I do nothing but stick next to loops, there is literally only so much you can do when he might as well have permanent spirit fury on and windows are a death trap.

    Actually, he has to know you are throwing the pallet down in order to actually get a speed boost in breaking the pallet. If he starts revving after it’s in front of him, then it takes just as long as kicking it. In other words, he read you if he is breaking the pallets that fast. You could have kept running/ looping and he would have wasted time by having to go through another loop.